Young Writers Society

The Lost Sea DT

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:13 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Welcome to The Lost Sea DT.

You guys should know what to do: Ask questions, make suggestions, praise someone/a character or just discuss things.

Continue. ^^

Link to SB: topic70443.html
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:21 pm
Mazzi says...

Moved my profile :)

Name: Vincenzo Minzin

Ship/Port: Ship, Lyttleton.

Appearance: Vincenzo is tall, about 6ft, with long, black hair that is combed to side , lightly tanned skin and brown eyes. He is only currently wearing a spacious shirt with the sleeves rolled up just below his elbow, his trousers are brown and are quite tight.
Spoiler! :
Best Picture I could find! Image

Personality: Kind, understanding, loving, zoned out, confident, and calm, Vincenzo has a bad temper and always feels confined and mis-understood. Although his temper is very bad, he dosen't lash out because he has no one to lash-out on. He doesn't like to fight but can use his fists as he was taught by his father to fight. He will often spectate over the many people on deck and smirk when they get into trouble. He's really brave but can not stand people who can mess with his mind. He thinks they are the most dangerous enemies to have. He likes ships because he used to collect them when he was younger. He likes the pirates but is too afraid to come out of hiding. He knows he will be useful because he knows how to swim, fish and sometimes went sailing before his parents died. He is very skilled in woodwork and can carve wooden weapons.

Flaws: Can explode with anger when people are talking about his parents

History: Vincenzo grew up in Italy. His father was a sailor but became crippled in a shark accident. He then took his own life for his love of sailing was so strong. His mother worked in art, she said it was the future, until she ran away after his father had died, she's never came back. He had always thought he would be sailing on his own ship by 15 but fate turned his way and he now can only stay in hiding until he is accepted aboard the Lyttleton.

Up for love: Yep.

Other: He still has his favourite boat he carved it is very small and is shaped just like the Lyttleton, it was the first boat he had made with the help of his father and he had painted it with his mother.If it was taken or lost he would surley go surging in anger onto the ship and try to accuse anyone he could.

Secret/s: He has already been on many ships so he knows how too handle mortal shipmates but have never had to face the immortal.

So that's me :pirate2:
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:00 pm
Yuriiko says...

Name: William Greyback

Ship/Port: The Golden Rose

Appearance: He has shaggy dark-brown hair, and small locks of hair hanging over his forehead. He’s five foot six tall and has been helping his father as a blacksmith, so he’s got quite muscular arms and shoulder, but not that big.

Spoiler! :
Tobey_MaguireSpider-Man_3.jpg
Tobey_MaguireSpider-Man_3.jpg (21.56 KiB) Viewed 249 times

Personality: William is not that quite friendly but is good at socializing to other people. Sometimes, he ignores people who he thinks are annoying. When meeting someone new, he studies them from head to toe. He rarely smiles but you can see him helpful and initiative to do tasks, almost like a leader. He has this curiosity that would sometimes lead him to trouble if he lands on something bad. He’s very brave and determined to any challenges he would or might encounter. And he’s a man of few words.

William also loves strenuous activities, especially outdoors. He always loves challenge and is quite famous in his place because of that. He never likes books, so he’s somewhat uneducated to the point that he knows less in philosophy, politics and science. He knows though crafting and repairing things.

Flaws: Sometimes, his pride could be the cause of all this anger. He is not that bossy, but orders task to people who he sees are doing nothing. He fears of getting rejected by the people he cherished or liked the most.

History: William’s mother died during his birth and that’s why he has become the breadwinner of his poor family. At age thirteen, his father got sick and that was the time when he thought he should be doing something now for his father’s and even to his sibling’s survival and livelihood. And so he asked his father to teach him how to craft things and create metal objects such as swords.

However, by the time his father got sicker, their craft shop had lost its capital and money due to high debts and taxes, unable them to work. After few weeks, a group of men recruited him to become someone he never expected to be.

Up for love: Yes

Other: He has a scar on his back shoulder, it’s a secret on how, why and who.

Secret/s: none
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:21 pm
FinalFreedom says...

Just to let you know I haven't abandoned the SB quite yet. I'm watching vigilantly for someone to remember that there's a male captive, also, and to give me something more to do than slam my head against walls and make noise. You can't really do that much when there's no action for you... other than a ton of melodramatic "soul searching".
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:27 pm
ScarlettFire says...

True. It's okay, I sent the reminder to everyone... A few people haven't posted yet, other than the profiles... At all.

So, yeah. Come on, people! POST.

27 Reviews

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:12 pm
Mazzi says...

I edited my last post on SB. I was in a rush for school! sorry.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

27 Reviews

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:10 am
Mazzi says...

I'm not sure, but I think kidashka's computer is broken, so someone would have to fill in for him/her or we'll have to wait...which is going to slow the SB down.

P.S and to love Lemurs!

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:51 pm
kidashka says...

No, it's fixed now :)
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:05 pm
Jashael says...

I'm so sorry I didn't post here. Just got to the post where you said to post questions here. So, as I was asking, I thought only males were left? O_o can you please post the spots left. thanks!
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:17 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Boys-only is for Pirates. I don't care what gender the captives/stowaways/other are.

Spots Open:

Three Pirates (Male) on the Lyttleton. One young (Under 20), one Old/Second-in Command and One is the Captain. (Please PM me if you wish to claim the Captain.

Two on the Rose. Both male, both over 20. (You may claim the Captain, but please PM me first.)

And the Captives/other is pretty much unlimited, though I would like more Male Captives now.

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:14 am
Jashael says...

Name: Cap'n P

Ship/Port: The Golden Rose

Appearance: Unusually tidy, you know, for a pirate--always shaved, etc. He has brown eyes and hair, which is always ponied. He does not wear any necklace or whatsoever. His attire is composed of a lose, plain white sleeved shirt, a pair of trousers and a pair of boots. The only thing that you'll see hanging somewhere in his body is his compass, which is tied by his left pocket.

This is how he looks (of course, shaved, hair ponied, and attire buttoned):

Spoiler! :

He's only 5'7"

Personality: He doesn't like pirate talk, okay, he hates it; so, you'll seldom hear him say, "mate, I ain't endin' up in the Davy Jones locker", or "aye? give me, me Jack Black!" Also, he hates beer, so you'll never see him foolishly grinning at you, or passing out on the deck.

He's usually distant and would rather spend his afternoon in the Captain's cabin, reading books about the seas or counting the remaining gold coins in his bag, than lingering on the deck with female pirates or captives. His sarcasm sometimes makes him feel like hostile.

He loves giving out orders because he loves order in the ship. He wants the extra ropes neatly coiled around the lower parts of the bitts. Sometimes, his being neat could be a hindrance to his being practical, not that he's practical at all.

Flaws: Behind his being a good leader, he has a greedy heart. He's materialistic. Money could come first before his being a wee bit OCD, or sometimes even his life. He had promised his crew of wealth (his conscience had fought about it before, that he wouldn't get anywhere without a crew), but he's still not sure whether he was really ready and willing to share whatever treasure awaits them.

History: Cap'n P was born in England. He used to be just an ordinary boy who loves to study.

His mother had been a captive in a ship called The Shelley. She had fallen in love with a pirate, which is, obviously, his father. But one night, pirates from another ship and had attacked The Shelley and his mother was taken, again as a captive, to a new ship, separating her from her true love. Fortunately, she was treated well in the other ship. Also, there, in the new ship, she gave birth to Cap'n P.

Cap'n P had known about that story all his life. He was told by his mother that his father was a pirate, and he deeply believes it. Every night, since he was a kid until the night before the start of his voyage, he would hear about this wondrous tales of the seas, how brave his father was; he would intently listen about his father's looks, the adventures, romances, especially the treasures, his mother talked about. Soon enough, he dreamed of being a pirate himself.

First, he finished his studies and ended up being a successful lawyer. But the money he gained from winning cases could never meet up with the value of treasures he could obtain as a pirate, he knew. So when he had saved up enough money, he had a ship built for him, which he named The Golden Rose.

He had failed though to bring with him his mother, who reasoned that she had enough adventures of a lifetime. He promised though that he would be back--back with a whole bunch of treasure chests, and even maybe, just maybe, with his father.

We all know what happened next with the Rose, the boy and the tales, how the Lyttleton is following them. So, I won't overtell, if that's a word.

Up for love: Yup, and surprisingly, he believes in true love; his mother had influenced his beliefs a lot, you can see. Maybe someday, a woman would replace his love for things.

Other: Since he never met his pirate father, he's never known that his father was an immortal pirate, and the curse is passed down through every generation, which makes Cap'n P immortal, too. But he's oblivious of that fact.

Also, he has no experience with the seas, only has read about it in books, heard about it from his mother. So, he'll have a hard time, I know. As for defense, he's read about swords and stuff, but he's really never held a sword before. So when it comes to fighting, the only thing he has is his brain, swiftness and reflex system, maybe improvise with whatever is at hand.

Secret/s: His real name is Charles Parrot, according to his mother. But no one in the ship knows about that. All he says is to call him Cap'n P! =)
Last edited by Jashael on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

33 Reviews

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:56 pm
kidashka says...

Teeeeeeeeny weeny problem with that jash ... My character is 24 and is the captain's son!!

Otherwise it's pretty good :smt003
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:07 am
ScarlettFire says...

Kidashka, Golden Rose, not Lyttleton.

33 Reviews

Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:50 pm
kidashka says...

*headdesk*

Sorry.

Reviews: 4
Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:45 am
TheEaseDropper says...

Name: Gennifer Shaw
Rank: a former lady-in-waiting, until she was kidnapped and now is a captive
Ship/Port: The Lyttleton
Appearance: about 5’4, with long dark brown hair that falls to the middle of her back, but is always hidden underneath a brown head covering, dark green eyes, pale skin.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=a+y ... 857884.jpg

Personality: very obedient, does anything you tell her to do without complaints, very quiet, hides her pains and problems from the world, loyal, trustworthy, but she has rare and occasional episodes of pure rage.
Flaws: She doesn’t know how to trust people, and she tends to turn people away before she gets to know them.
History: She was born into a poor family of six, unable to feed his family her father, a poor farmer who tended the governor’s farm sold her to the governor’s wife. She had been raised by the older hand maidens. Under the protection of the governor she survived his wife until the age of 15, where she was given to a wealthy old merchant as his bride. But a month before she was supposed to be married she was kidnapped and raped by a drunken sailor. When the merchant found out he denounced their engagement because she was not a virgin anymore. Unable to go back to the house that she grew in she hid herself around the docks. Until one night when a band of ruthless pirates invaded the ports and took captive many women and young children, she saw an open door to escape her old world and she flew through it. Finding herself a captive in the ship called The Lyttleton
Up for love: not at first
Others:
Secrets: When she was 7 years old, she was put into the jail from stealing a loaf of bread from her five other brothers and sisters. She has a scar on her left leg from when the governor’s branded his initials on her
TheEaseDropper :)

What's stopping you?
— David Mamet