Young Writers Society

The Call of the Ten

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:41 pm
Dragonet says...

Ask lots and lots of questions!
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:03 am
SisterItaly says...

What's the square root of pi?

How many fingers am I holding up?

What color of shirt is bob wearing?

What brand of socks does Micheal Jordan wear?

Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?

What is room tempature?

What is the cake?

and last but certainly not least...

WHO STOLE THE LAST QUESTION.

*that enough questions for you : P*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

25 Reviews

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:12 pm
Dragonet says...

seven
yellow
kj
Cookie monster. Duh! everyone knows that.
Yummy!
You did! You question stealer!

:P
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

25 Reviews

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:06 pm
Dragonet says...

No one has asked any questions! (No, AMU's questions do not count)

Well, I'll just put this list out there in case some people were wondering, but didn't happen to ask. It's a list of the royal family in each tribe.

Katt: Lion
Byrd: Eagle
Reptyll: Crocodile
Roddint: Jackrabbit
Hogh: Buffalo
Fynn: Killerwhale
Prymait: Gorilla
Beecst: Wolverine
Bair: Grizzlybear
Dohg: Timberwolf (Ithy, if you don't want to be royal, then you can just be another breed of wolf, or an arctic fox)
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:09 am
Apple says...

D-Dog! I have a question for you!!!

My character has both raccoon tail and ears, is that alright? I read over the thread and I couldn't find any objections so I am thinking that it is fine...but then, I don't know? I'll get rid of it if it is not allowed. :D
I spy!

25 Reviews

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:52 pm
Dragonet says...

Sorry, Apple, but the Beecst tribe only has sharp teeth and nails, no tails or ears.

And, Devil, your character wouldn't have ears. Appearances only come from the father, so he wouldn't look anything like the mom, but it's ok for him to have simalar personalities. (If you're really set on having ears then... I guess...I'll allow it).
Last edited by Dragonet on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:17 pm
Apple says...

Okay, great! Thanks for clearing that up. :D I changed it! So, when are we starting?
I spy!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:59 pm
TheGreatIthy says...

I don't mind not being a royal. I still think it makes sense that he would have a personality like that just from being in the wolf breed, but I'm not set on being a royal.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:54 am
TheGreatIthy says...

I should let you all know that I am going to be out of town (and probably away from a computer) on Friaday but I will be returning on Sunday. If you all start, just know of my characters existence and I will definitely be posting on Monday at the latest! :smt003
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

66 Reviews

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:58 am
SisterItaly says...

I have the same predicament as Ithy
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:06 am
SisterItaly says...

What's the square root of pi? = 1.7724538442509582032131664299181 (I said the square root, not pi itself :P)

How many fingers am I holding up? 7! Very good!

What color of shirt is bob wearing? Kinda... it's more of an off green

What brand of socks does Micheal Jordan wear? KJ's are correct!

Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar? NO it was me!

What is room temperature? 78 what? Celsius or fahrenheit

What is the cake? No, the cake is a LIE.

and last but certainly not least...

WHO STOLE THE LAST QUESTION. You were right! I did! You want it back? Go get it! *throws the question into a river*

The Book.

25 Reviews

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:18 pm
Dragonet says...

Ok, so now, since we're so close on starting, I'll tell you what their quest is. (please put your thinking caps on, I don't want to loose any of you)

Many, many, miles of sea separate our country, Arbido, from another country called De'ago. Just like the people of Arbido are animal-people, the people of De'ago are insect-people. I'm not going to go into all of the details, but understand that the De'ago people have four arms, wings, buzzing noises, etc.

Because of the great distance between them, the countries don't communicate with one another, most people even think that the bug-people of De'ago are just myths that are put into stories to scare little kids. The few times that the De'ago did manage to sail as far as Arbido, they saw that it was a lush, bountiful country, and they wanted it. When they sailed back to their home land, they immediately notified their king and reported what they saw. The king was power thirsty man, and wanted this wonderful land. So, he declared war and sent a legend of ships to Arbido to take over the land. But, by the time the De'ago's ships arrived, many ships had sunk on the way, the remaining ships were tattered, and the soldiers were near starvation. Needless to say, it wasn't a very long war. The Arbido people had a quick and easy victory. But that was almost one hundred years ago.

Story's over, the De'ago people are gone for good, right? Wrong. They have found another, easier, way to get to the country of Arbido. (Are you with me so far? Good, 'cause it gets more complicated)

To tell you how the bug-people get to Arbido, I'm going to have to explain what a Tunnel is. A Tunnel is a magical doorway that allows you get from one country to the next. It's disguised as a regular cave, but, every day at sunset, the sun's rays shines onto a carving at the entrance of the cave. At that time (it only lasts about five minutes) it has the power to take you from Arbido to De'ago, or vice versa. Everyone believed that Tunnels were also myths.

But, one day, a De'ago happened to stumble apon a Tunnel cave as the sun was setting, and was whisked away to Arbido. As you can imagine (when he got back to his own country) he told the king of his discovery (this is another king, but he too had heard the tails of Arbido and wanted the land). The king was overjoyed at this discovery. After rewarding the man greatly, he sent a ligament of 20 to 30 men to Arbido to scout out the land in secrecy, while he prepared his army.

That was over five months ago, now the small band of De'ago warriors have finished scouting the land, and the king is ready with his army, waiting for them. They are ready to take the information back to their king, but the tunnel is all the way on the other side of the country (from where they stand) and they have a long journey ahead of them.

Your job is to get to the Tunnel before they do, and destroy it so that no more De'ago people can get through. But it wont be that easy. For one thing, you don't know where it is. For another, your racing the De'ago warriors and will no doubt run into them a few times. Not to mention what other obstacles you'll run into; sickness, hiding from tribes that don't want you in their land, a cannon to cross, violent storms, and other such things.

>So there you have it, your quest. I hope I didn't lose any of you, I tried to think of a way to make it more simple, of to shorten it, but I couldn't think of anything. Anyways, hopefully we'll start tonight.<
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:36 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Sweetnessage!
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:52 pm
SisterItaly says...

*cough* could someone talk to Alex, I'm like... lost.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:03 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

And could someone PLEASE attempt to find out what went into the trees? Abby's getting bored.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it.
— Christopher Darlington Morley