z

Young Writers Society

Spirit Academy

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:01 pm
Theodorable says...

You still need to send out that reminder that I told you too. People probably aren't thinking about it.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:24 pm
Apple says...

C'mon guys! We can totally do this! Everyone just needs to post! :D
I spy!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:17 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I'm here. I'm back. Let's go see what I've been missing.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:25 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Bump: Post.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:15 pm
LaceyDreadth says...

Can I join this?
"A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning."
-James Dickey

"It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent."
-Dave Barry

121 Reviews

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:22 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Sure. Post your profile here and then post in the forum to bring it back to life.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

6 Reviews

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:07 pm
LaceyDreadth says...

Name: Jocelyn Beard

Description: There is almost always a bright smile on her face, matching her vivid grey-green eyes. She wears her favorite colors (white, green, and blue) more often than any others with a comfortable pair of jeans. Her blonde hair is short and cropped, and she never wants to hide her face because she doesn’t want to be afraid of seeing the world

Description:
Spoiler! :

Personality:

Jocelyn, known as Jozzy to most, loves to smile. She hates to have any negative feelings and hates to see anyone else have them as well. Jozzy also loves to make others smile and hates, more than anything, to see anyone rejecting her attempts just because they want to stay negative. This negativity and threatening the ones she loves are the only two things that will make her angry.

Jozzy is adept at following orders immediately and thoroughly. Once put on a task directly through the orders of a superior, she’s hard pressed to be distracted. If the order it against her morals, she will hesitate and, depending on the situation, will not follow through, explaining why to her superior. If it comes to it, she will fight for her position with everything she’s got. Because of this, she seems stubborn to most adults.

History:

Her father is a Marine, and he acts like it. He’s trained his daughter to follow orders (though she often ignores him) and how to defend herself. She’s taken Aikido and Tae Kwan Doe ever since she was four. It was around then that she first remembered hearing ghosts. Their house was near a cemetery and because of this, she was always afraid to go past it.

Her mother had been able to hear ghosts when she was younger, so it was she that discovered why her daughter was always afraid. One night, she was hiding under her covers when her mother came in. When asked why she was so afraid, Jozzy told her that there were voices that didn’t feel good. When asked if she wanted to help them, she nodded, wanting to help them like her father helped Americans.

Her mother started training her. Many of the spirits were angry, murders unsolved or they were angry when they died. Jocelyn taught herself to be happy even when they were threatening her so they didn’t feed off of her negative energy. It was when she was around nine that she discovered music helped calm the spirits. Her uncle was a musician, able to play most forms of music better than a lot of other musicians. He daughter her piano, the violin, and the cello.

She started calming the spirits even more, telling stupid jokes to no one in particular while playing a light piano piece on the keyboard her mother had bought her.

Her father wasn’t aware of any of the reasons for this until she was thirteen. Afraid her practical husband would believe their daughter was crazy, her mother had kept it a secret. He found out when he found Jozzy playing her violin in the cemetery. They finally told him and, completely opposite of what her mother had thought, believed them at once. He started looking for a school that might be able to help her. It took a year but he soon caught wind of the school.

Powers: She can hear and see ghosts very well but can’t smell them as well as others because her mother hadn’t thought to train her in that area.

Field of study: Shaman
"A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning."
-James Dickey

"It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent."
-Dave Barry

121 Reviews

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:32 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

In light of NaNo I am going to wait to revive this. I may form a robooted version lacking the SA store.

Death~

121 Reviews

Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:54 am
PhoenixBishop says...

This is starting again. Try to post.

Death~

6 Reviews

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:01 pm
LaceyDreadth says...

I was wondering how many points I had and here is Jozzy's Schedule:

A Day:
8:00-9:00- Power Animal 101- Mr. Paxton
9:00-10:00- Power Animal 102-Mr. Paxton
10:00-11:00- Spirit Energy 101- Mr. Paxton
11:00-12:00-Lunch
12:00-1:00 - Free Period
1:00-2:00- Weapons training 101-Mr. Hunter
2:00-3:00- Weight training-Mr. Hunter
3:00-4:00- Weather study-Mr. Paxton

B Day:

8:00-9:00- Us History-Mr. Sutherland
9:00-10:00- Dream Walking 101-Mr. Paxton
10:00-11:00- Chemistry-Mr. Morton
11:00-12:00-Lunch
12:00-1:00 - Free Period
1:00-2:00- Study Hall-Mr. Paxton
2:00-3:00-Advanced Hand to hand combat- Mr. Sutherland & Mr. Hunter
3:00-4:00- Spirit Healing
-James Dickey

-Dave Barry

Overripe sushi, The master Is full of regret.
— Buson