z

Young Writers Society

Spirit Academy

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:28 am
PhoenixBishop says...

You know the rules. Post everything not IC here.

Main
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic69137.html

Points Roster

Phoenix-8 - Paris
Kara-6-
Lumi-6- Zach
Phantom-6 - Cora
Teddy- 8 -Alexa
Scar-7- Cassandra
Apple-8 -Dante
Ice- 10-Ignacio
Ray-1- Damian
Light-8-Amor
Lacey-7-Jocelyn

(NPC Principal of Spirit Academy)

Name- Samantha Prescott

Gender-Female

Age - 35

Description -She has a strong jaw line with ice blue eyes and blonde hair. She is tall at 6’2. She tends not to wear dresses preferring pants suits as to look professional.

Description
Spoiler! :

Personality
Sam is a very determined individual that strives towards goals with few deviations. She isn’t good at showing her emotions and has been labeled by her students as the ice queen. She takes absolutely no nonsense believing that ignorance and immaturity gets you killed. She has a very small sense of humor and rarely cracks a smile. While she keeps up her icy demeanor with her students and coworkers she is much different when just with her family. With her family she is much more laid back. She is very protective of both her students and her family. She will give her life to protect them. She still harbors feelings of deep hatred for Milton and still plans on killing him

History
Sam went to Milton academy while it was still under Dr. Milton. Her sister Molly also came to the school being a year behind her. Molly disappeared and Samantha became one of the students that helped the teachers investigate into the disappearances. When it was discovered that it was Dr. Milton a battle broke out. For most of the battle Samantha searching through the school for Milton who was hiding in his secret lab. She three other juniors, five seniors and three teachers found his lab and they engaged Milton in battle. Milton made quick work of them and left the all for dead. The only reason Sam survived is because her power animal was able to revive her. When she awoke Milton was gone and the battle had come to an end.

The school was closed and Sam travelled searching for Milton in hopes of killing him. In her travels she learned all the shamanic magic she could learn being as that it was considered the best to fight against Necromancy. Tim Locks found her and recruited her as a hunter agent. The organization that uses their powers to battle dark spirits and those that uses them.

She and Tim eventually got married and she became pregnant. She decided to settle down and returned to her home town with her new family. When her daughter reached the age of five she remembered how she had been taken to Milton Academy. She made moves to reopen it and act as the head. Tim went off to continue his job as a hunter.

Powers
She has two power animals. A butterfly named Wing that she uses to heal and a mantis named Claw that allows her to momentarily slow down or stop time in a small space. She uses this to quickly defuse situations at the school.

She skilled at hand to hand combat, and prefers not use weapons although her hunting training required it. She has learned how to enter people’s dreams although she cannot alter them. She is a practiced banisher and is skilled at sending spirits out of the living world with ease. She has learned how to combine her banishing skills with her healing magic in a combination that automatically kills zombies. A skill she devised after her battle with Milton. She also learned how to bless water to make holy water in preparation for her fight with Milton.

Field of study: Shamanism
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:25 am, edited 42 times in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

121 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:35 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Spirit Shop

work in progress

You will all start off with 5 free points for your spending needs.

Characters

5 points- Second Character

NPC
10 points- Samantha Prescott
10 points- Milton
5 points- Trina Towson
5 points-Molly Sutherland
5 points- Davide Sutherland
5 points-Joradn Paxton
10 points-Anton Fisher
5 points-Charlie Hunter
5 points-Kelly Magdalena
5 points-Hunter( Brief profiles will be given on them later)

Skills
1 point- Minor self regeneration ( small cuts heal fast)
1 point- Energy blast 1 (sends a golf ball sized energy ball at people, which can stun. Fast)
2 points- Energy blast 2 (baseball sized energy balls, which can knock unconscious Medium.
3 points- Energy blast 3 (Bowling ball sized energy blasts, which can kill. Slow)
1 point- Basic combat
3 points- Advance combat
1 point- Basic self-defense
3 points- Advanced self-defense.
2 points-Telekinesis 1 (pencil sized objects)
1 point- Climbing rough surfaces.
1 point- Knife throwing 1(Misses often)
2 points- Knife throwing 2(Misses sometimes)
3 points- Knife throwing 3 (Rarely misses)
1 point- Archery 1(Misses often and rarely hits where aimed)
2 points Archery 2 (Misses sometimes and sometimes hits where aimed)
3 points Archery 3 (Always hits and hits it’s their mark most of the time)
1 point- Sword fighting (Novice)
2 points- Sword fighting 2(Adequate)
3 points- Sword fighting 3 (Skilled)
2 points- Spirit Banishing 1(Minor ghost banishing) 1 points- Astral projection- Able to push their own spirit out of their body and travel for a short time period. 5 minutes.
2 points- Astral projection- Able to push their spirit out of their body and travel for a longer time period. 1 hour.
3 points- Astral projection- Able to push their spirit out of their body and travel for a even longer time. 15 hours.
3 point- Teleportaion- To a location that the user has been to and must be within ten miles.
1 points- Mind defence 1
2 points- Mind defence 2
3 points- Mind defence 3

Items

1 point- dagger
1 point- salt
1 point- cross
1 point- Holy water
5 points- wand
7 point- staff
7 points- sword
7 points- Bow and arrow
8 points- gun
8 point- invisible cloak

Empath

Aura
5 points- Aura read-Able to see the colors around an individual. Give a small understanding of a person’s mood.
6 points- Aura read 2 -Can read auras to the point that they can know a person’s general personality.

Emotion reading
5 points-Emotion reading -This allows the user to gleam the direct emotions from the person feeling themselves. This cannot be controlled.
6 points-Emotion reading 2- Can control who’s emotions they feel.
7 points-Emotion reading 3- Can begin to alter emotions slightly Emotions must be similar in nature. Negative to negative positive to positive.
8 points Emotions can be altered completely.

Mind reading
5 points- Mind reading 1- This allows the user to read only the thoughts a person is currently thinking.
6 points- Mind reading 2- The user can start to explore people thoughts. ( May be stopped by mental defences.)
7 points- Mind reading 3- The user can send thoughts into people heads as a way of communication
8 points- Mind reading 4- The user can implant thougts giving victim false ideas ( Think Inception)
9 points- Mind reading 5- Can read many thoughts at once and from a distance.
10 points- Mind reading 6- Mind control ( can be faught)

Witch

Element Spirits
4 points- Water spirits
4 points- Earth spirits
4 points-Fire spirit
4 points- Air spirit

Spirit Binding
4 points- Average spirits
5 points- Warrior spirits
8 points- Upper spirits
6 points -Shadow spirit
6 points -Light spirit

Curses
4 points- Cursing 1- Brings minor bad luck to person
5 points- Cursing 2- Brings worse luck to person
7 points- Cursing 3- Brings damaging luck to person (broken leg)
10 points Cursing 4- Brings lethal luck to person ( Final Destanation luck )

Shamans

Animal Spirits
1 point-totem( used to stregthen power animal)
4 points- Power animal
5 points- Power animal 2
? points- Animal ability ( This will depend on your animal of choice. For example a Eagle can manipulate the four element magics , thus it would be 10. A butterfly can heal and would be six. If you wish you can do research on power animals to see what your chosen animal is known for.)

Dream Walking
4 points- Dream walking 1-Enter peoples dreams)
5points- Dream walking 2 - Minor changes to a persons dreamIf the person is aware of an intruder this can easily be thwarted.)
6 points- Dream walking 3- bigger changes to persons dreams)
7 points- Dream walking 4- Pull people into ones own dreams thus having full controle. Entering dreams is risky since in the end the dreamer has the full power, but this dream trap changes that.)
8 points Dream walking 5- Allows the user to trap subjects within their dream. To the outside world the person is in a comma. The walker can shape the world entirely and create a true mental hell for the person that will seem to last for hundreds of years

Psychics

Future
4 points-Future sight 1- User can see five second into the future. This can't be controlled and happens at random times.
5 points- Future sight 2- User can see five minutes into the future. This can't be controlled and happens at random times, but user can see five second into the future upon command.
6 points- Future Sight 3- User can see five hours into the future. This can't be controlled and happens at random times, but user can see five seconds to five minutes into the future on command.

Present
4 points- If the user has a object of another person they can see what that person is doing at any given moment.
5 points- If the user has knows what a person looks like and their full name, they can see what the person is doing at any given moment.

Past
4 points- The user can see the history of any object they touch. It will come as a rush of information and is hard to decipher.
5 points- The user can see the history of an object they touch. It comes at a much slower pace and can be sorted.

4 points- Vast knowlege storage- User never forgets what they are taught or what they have learned)
5 points- Vast knowledge storage.-Without trying knowlege is transimitted into their mind from the spirit world)
6 points- Vast knoledge storage -By touch one can gain the knowlege of the person. Facts and such that they know are now known by the user)
7 points- Vast knowlege storage-The user can now touch send his own knowlege into indiviudals with a thought. This is way to relay information without talking)

Mediums

Channeling
4 points-Channeling 1- Able to channel minor spirits and maintain control.
5 points-Channeling 2- Able to channel average ghosts and maintain control.
6 points- Channeling 3- Able to channel major ghosts and maintain control for a time.
10 points- Channeling 4- Able to channel upper ghosts that can not be controlled. A deal is made of the spirit to use ones body as a means to completing a goal. The ghost benefits by being let free from it's ghostly prison and is allowed to roam the world again.

Summoning
5 points- Able to call spirits into the world. The full name must be known. They can not bind them, but request for the
spirits assistance. Most ghosts comply to be out of the spirit world.

(If you don't think this matches the other disciplines I am here to tell you that it does. I can not stress how powerful a Medium can get if they channel a upper spirit. Upper spirits have demigod like power. Other abilities will be available later)
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 14 times in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

121 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:27 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Spirit Academy Floor Plan

Floor Plan.jpg

Death~

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:22 am
phantom of the potter says...

I'd like to take a spot. Shaman.

Name: Cora Mackenzie

Description: Cora has long, white-blonde hair that she nearly always keeps down or in a braid down her back. She's very petite, and often looks a lot younger than she is. Her eyes are ice blue, almost unnaturally so. Cora keeps her nails well trimmed at all times; it is almost an obsession for her.

Description:http://lialiad-stock.deviantart.com/art/shaman-I-174492060?q=boost%3Apopular+shaman&qo=18

Personality: Cora has a tendency to be unnerving. She's quiet, and often times will just stare around her person. She's very optimistic and can come across as very naive about some things. Cora likes to smile and make people happy, but her train of thought doesn't always follow others. She can get distracted on the smallest details. Cora is cautious by nature. She isn't one to run into a battle; Cora would much rather that the path of least resistance. She's very skittish as well, and Cora knows it. She also has a stubborn side that will occasionally come out in her.

History: Cora's mother is just as much of a free spirit as Cora is. Determined to shield her daughter from the nastiness of city-life, Cora's mother bought a small cabin in the middle of a forest. This was Cora's childhood haven. She grew up among the trees and crevices of the underbrush. Cora's mother noticed the beginnings of Cora's abilities start to surface. Being a relatively superstitious person, Cora's mother brought Cora to a commercial psychic when Cora was 6. The psychic became Cora's mentor. Although Cora now suspects that the woman had little to no real powers of her own, Cora's "training" was just enough to keep Cora's powers alive. As such, she has more trouble with her powers at school than most of the others.

Powers: Cora can smell ghosts. (She's got a very sharp sense of smell for things in the real world, too.)

Field of study: Shamanism.

**I've edited it a bit. Let me know.
Last edited by phantom of the potter on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

121 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:33 am
PhoenixBishop says...

It looks fine, but one thing would help. Add a little more to personality and elaborate on it a bit. Once you do that I'll change you from pending to approved.

Death~

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:21 pm
Theodorable says...

Name: Alexa (Alex) Donovan

Description: Alex has always worn her hair long, once she realized that she could see ghosts she would use it to hide them from her. It was her shield against them as a young child. Her eyes go from gray to blue, changing with her moods. She is average height, and very slim and muscular.

Description:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Alex is very laid back, she's been around the block more than most girls her age. She is a bit of a flirt, but harmless for the most part. She likes to scrutinize people, and she loves to just watch from the sidelines. She likes to think she gets the last word in in most conversations, but most of the time she can be swayed. She doesn't like confrontations, and she shuts down when she does get into one, she is very emotional, and it's one of the things she hates about herself. She had a problem with her image about two years ago, but she has finally gotten over it, and now doesn't care what anyone else thinks of her. She is her own person, and if you don't like her, then she'll tell you to go screw yourself. She also likes to point out other people's inefficiencies, trying to make herself look better, but she'll keep it to herself unless you anger her, or she wants to get ahead.

History: Her parents realized that something was different about their daughter when she was five, so they shipped her off to a mental hospital, hoping she could be cured. But when she arrived the doctors soon realized what she was dealing with and transferred her to the home of an older gentleman who specializes in spirit abilities, although having none himself, he was exposed to the spirit realm and has developed a training course to help those with the connection to cope with it. Alex has surpassed his training and is now going to the academy to continue her training.

Powers: Alex is able to see ghosts. She also has very good eyesight, which helps her in her people watching.

Field of study: Empaths

Let me know if there is anything I need to improve or edit.
Last edited by Theodorable on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

121 Reviews

Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:19 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Like Phantom, I must ask you to expand your the character personality. So I'm putting you in pending.

Okay as a note to all. I'm going to be adding to the profile section so strengths and weaknesses are a subcategory to personality. That way making it easier to flesh out your personalities.

Death~

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:50 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I'm in. Will finish later.

Name: Cassandra Mallard.

Description: Cassi is tall-ish, about 5'4, with long red hair and blue eyes.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Cassandra seems timid, kind and naive at first but she's not shy or afraid to speak her mind, even if she in trouble for it. Fierce and loyal, Cassi can't stand to see those she cares about hurt or threatened. She's not timid, but she is kind of blunt and sometimes comes off as cold and uncaring. Surprisingly, she does have a fiery temper, but she'll only lose it when she's been pushed too far.

Strengths: Her abilities, her stealth. Her knowledge of all things emotion-related. Her speed, knows how to use weapons, and cook.

Weakness: Panics when backed into a corner and tends to overreact on rare occasions, such as confronted with past misdeeds, which are many. She also has a fiery temper that can sometimes get out of hand and tends to drop things.

History: For as long as Cassandra can remember, she's been different. She's seen things no one else had, heard things that no one else could hear. Felt things that others normally wouldn't feel. As a child, she always had these things, right there on the edge of real life. Growing up was hard on her, and when she was five, she told her mommy about the person (Gracie) behind her. Her parents freaked out and sent her to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist was a women, and she knew that what Cassi was seeing was real, and so sent her to an old friend, who just happened to be a psychic working for the police. Cassi's training with the woman helped Cassi to hone her powers and the years spent on how to control and develop her powers, her abilities, has helped to keep Cassi a little more sane than she normally would have been in a psyche ward. Now she's fourteen and it's getting serious, so her mentor has sent her to the Academy to help improve Cassi's abilities.

Powers: Cassi can see and hear ghosts, but she's not keen on talking back to them (except for Gracie). She can also vaguely sense the emotions around the ghosts, and sometimes people.

Field of study: Empath / Psychic.

Other: Cassi has a friend, someone only she could see for most of her childhood. Her name is Gracie and she's from the Victorian era. (That would make her a hundred year old ghost, or thereabouts.)
Spoiler! :
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:47 am
Octave says...

Milton coming soon.

Name: Wynn Callaghan

Description: Wynn has light brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He's tall and well-built, but not stocky. His features are strong and well-defined and...blah. >>" Check the picture.

Spoiler! :

Personality:

Wynn has a quiet, reserved and almost aloof nature. Unlike most other aloof people, though, he doesn’t excel in his studies and can never be seen devoting even an iota of effort into them. He’s often asleep in class if he’s not skipping it, and always strolls through the hallways as if he has all the time in the world. He’s never in a hurry and takes everything with a good helping of calmness. He often spaces out and hardly ever listens to his tutors. This is the guy you attempt to avoid, as he’s impossible to work with, and has a creepy aura to boot. Virtually unapproachable, and when someone does speak to him, he replies in a clipped baritone. He hardly makes an effort to prolong the conversation and will leave after answering a question. Despises attention with a passion and prefers to stay in the background.

Late at night, he’s significantly more attentive , and a good deal more condescending when he chooses to speak. He’s primarily nocturnal, and you won’t find him sleeping until the wee hours of dawn, which accounts for his sleepiness during the morning.

Wynn’s primary strength lies in his resilience and his inability to feel intimidated by anyone, no matter what threat is thrown at him. Bullies are met with a vague implication of a threat, and rumour goes that he’s channelled Lady Luck once or twice to get back at those who’ve threatened him. In fact, apparently, she’s the only spirit he can channel. Plenty of rumours fly about this young man, as it’s impossible to ignore his presence despite his inherent failure at academics and life in general.

History:
Wynn has grown up in a house with his extended family, living together with his grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles. Their mansion is pretty big, and is comfortable for the number of people in it. Despite numerous cousins, Wynn has never gotten along with any of them and had always fought with his older and younger brothers.

At one point in time, he had a best friend, but what had become of his best friend now is a mystery. He himself doesn’t know what had happened to her. She simply disappeared, and the common theory is that she was murdered.

Apart from his mysterious best friend, his life is relatively unremarkable.

At the age of thirteen, he met Samantha Prescott, a friend of his mother’s. Samantha saw great potential in Wynn, and though he has been a disappointment so far, Samantha remains stubborn in her belief that Wynn will go on to achieve great things. His failure isn’t something that’s been around from the beginning, though, and if you check his records, his first year at the Spirit Academy shows stellar grades. They only took a dip recently, and he’s lagging behind in a few classes, sometimes forcing his teachers to give him tutors younger than himself.

Powers:
He can channel weak spirits. Your character will not know this, but no, he really can’t channel lady luck.

Field of Study:
Medium
Last edited by Octave on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

121 Reviews

Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:09 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Name Paris Trenton
Gender-Male
Age 14
Description- He is tall for his age and skinny with pale skin dark brown hair and light blue eyes. He likes to wear light blue, black and grey believing that the other colors to be too vibrant.

Description

Spoiler! :

Personality

He hates his ability and often pretends or ignores the fact that ghosts are present. He chose the path of study that he believed to have the least amount of ghost interaction. He’s pessimistic and always manages to point out the cloud in every silver lining. He often complains about being at Spirit Academy picking at everything about it.

Despite his bleak outlook on life he tends to act friendly to people around him as long as there isn’t a ghost around or talk of ghosts, and then he gets moody, quickly snapping at people. When snapping at someone he tends to come up rather creative threats. (Ones that you will see later). He loves solving problems and spends hours at time reading and solving things in his textbooks just for the fun of it. He finds fiction and pop culture to be annoying because it demeans the true evils in the world. He listens to instrumental music only and reads only non-fiction. He is aware of all of his flaws and has a rather self-deprecating humor about them, even to the point of down right demeaning himself.

History

Paris is the youngest out of three children. His older brother Troy and older sister Helen are not gifted as he is. His father and mother are both doctors at the local hospital where he was surrounded by ghost nearly twenty four seven. Because of this he developed distaste for ghosts and hospitals. His parents found his ability fascinating and despite not wanting too his parents hired a local Psychic to teach him what she knew. Now he is forced to see ghosts forever and his parents enrolled him at Spirit Academy despite his protests.

Powers

Can see and sense ghosts.

Field of study: Psychic
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Death~

121 Reviews

Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:10 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Forget my previous comment. I will be starting this Sb the time frame depends on when profiles are posted.

Death~

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:03 am
Lumi says...

Name: Zachary (Zach) Grey

Home: Albany, NY

Appearance: Pale white skin with thin, dark lips. His wide eyes are a brilliant emerald green and his hair is the color of ash in the night. He's tall and slender (though with broad shoulders) and tends to 'hug' himself when standing still. His Adam's apple is small, so isn't visible, and his teeth are pearly and straight (he's OCD about it). He loves wearing Canvas shoes (especially TOMS) and hates people seeing his bare feet. Typically, his hands, face and neck are the only skin visible on his body (unless something gets his clothes off). He always wears a black bracelet and a metallic, thorny cross around his neck, given to him by a priest in Albany.

Personality: Zach is devoid of much extroverted personality. He prefers to keep to himself in most instances, but may come out of his shell with coaxing. While he has little experience with friends or girlfriends, he hasn't been shut off to the idea of relationships. However, as his parents found out by a sweep through his laptop, Zach is gay. The one person he'd ever kissed was a boy in middle school who told his friends what had happened. Thus, in his old school, rumor had it that his mouth was freezing and burning hot at the same time.

When in a tight spot, he is quick to use strategic power, using only as much energy as is necessary. However, if need be, he will exhaust himself in defense of himself and others (but mainly others). He has a low regard for his own life.

Throughout knowing Zach, one will notice that he's more often than not scrawling in a small journal with pages ripped from the front. He writes letters to an anonymous pen pal at least every week--sometimes every day--to recount the events that make his life what it is. Happiness, sadness, emotional tormenting of any kind is found in the notebook, but mailed off before long.

History: Zachary was born into a family consisting of a Empath father and a human mother. His childhood was very happy as he was the only child and given all of his heart's desires. However, his happiness unraveled when his father, coniving and manipulative, subdued Zach's emotions into a lulled state as he raped him. Zach was twelve at the time. Each time, he wished to escape, but would soon forget about disliking the feeling as his emotions would be wiped clean. Eventually, he found it natural to like the experiences and developed an Elektra Complex as a result.

Eventually, his mother found out and divorced his father, filing for single custody. She won the battle and continued to raise Zach, attempting to repair the innumerable damage done by his father. However, the mark was made and, after some time, she accepted her son for being very much like his father--both magically and mortally. Like his father, Zach showed inherent charm in his looks and wordplay and had encounters with malevolent spirits. After his middle school years ended, she decided that, to save Zach, she had to send him away to Milton Academy, from which she had received a notice regarding enrollment.

The spiritual attacks (Father Tracy called them "Indwellings") began at the age of 12, when he first hit puberty. The indwellings ranged in effect from a mild personality change to a complete possession. One spirit imbued his labido and instigated a series of "physical dreams" which need to explaination. In the process of the attacks, Zach lost 20 pounds and lost his ability to eat at regular times. He has since become a Vegan.

Powers: Zach has been possessed by demonic spirits thus far and has been commenced under 3 exorcisms. The series of "Satanic Attacks" robbed him of his open personality, but connected him with a greater self beyond the grave. He has yet to understand how this may be.

Field of study: Medium
Last edited by Lumi on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:37 am
Apple says...

Name: Dante Leichhardt.

Gender Female.

Description: Dante has oak brown hair which comes down to the middle of her ribs, though because of the excessive curls, it appears a lot shorter. With a tan complexion, Dante stands tall with a slim build. She always hides her face behind a hoodie jumper; though a quirky smile is always reflecting from the bottom. Her ember brown eyes always have a mischievous glimmer in them, which makes you wonder what she is up to.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Dante is an overall happy person who is always found with her mouth wide open. She is a chatter box, and this can often make others annoyed with her. The reason; as she was always talking to ghosts, they never wanted her to be quiet and always wanted to know her input in things and as a result, she believes everyone else wants to hear what she has to say. Dante is a person who'll hide her anger, pain or sadness and keep it bottled away to be released another time. She is so good at it that you'd think she would come out laughing from a car crash she had suffered within.

Dante is very playful and usually attacks anything that can move. She is to trusting and that is a very large weakness for her. She is easily manipulated. If people start to cry, Dante will try as best as she can to cheer them up, even if it is for the wrong reasons. Dante is one of those people who you can easily get along with and she isn't someone who lets people or things go easily.

History: Dante's birth was the reason for her mother's death. It is also the reason she was shunned by her Father and brother and sisters. As her family is really suspicious, her birth was believed to be bad luck and her father didn't want anything to do with her. The only time that her family would speak to her was to tell her what to do and where to go. The only person that treated her with kindness was her Gran-pappy (Grand Father). He took over the role of father and would shield her against all harm. When he died, Dante's life spiralled into depression. She would go to his grave every day after school telling him about how her life had changed when he had left.

One day, on one of her frequent visits, her Gran-pappy spoke back to her and he wasn't the only one. Everyone from the graveyard wanted a piece of her and Dante loved it; she finally had people interested in her. When the ghosts started to explain to her about her ability, Dante began to practice in the art, speaking to the ghosts of the graveyard. Dante found one ghost in particular that told her of an academy that helped students like her. Deciding to learn more, Dante left her family to see the school.

Powers: Dante can easily communicate with spirits as she would always talk to them when she was younger.

Field of Study: Witch.
I spy!

121 Reviews

Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:55 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Kara. Two things. One his power should only be a sensing ability as of now. That is unless you wish to use free points to buy the skill. I believe it's 4 points. Second, it is fine that he knows Sam but this is the first year the school opened. There would be no previous year. Previous semester is okay, since I think this will start mid year.

I put you on Pending for the time being.

Death~

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:40 am
iceprincess says...

Name: Ignacio "Iggy" Derwent

Description (Words):

Ignacio has ice blue eyes. Not remarkable, yes, but people have said that his eyes are as cold as the Arctic sea and that if he was looking at you, it was like he was looking deep into your soul. He has jet black hair and always wears earrings, because he thinks it's cool. Also because he secretly likes seeing people wonder over his gender. He wears typical emo clothes --- black skinny jeans, red Converses, dark jumpers --- and carries his My Chemical Romance messenger bag all the time. He has pale skin and is about 5 foot 10. He is quite strong for his age.

Description (Picture. No Emo pictures, or cartoons):

Spoiler! :
He is much prettier than you. Deal with it.

Personality:

Ignacio is quiet for the most part, but will speak out if needed be. He likes keeping to himself and observing other people, and he will kill people if someone calls him Iggy. Only his darling Quentin can call him that, but if you're really close to him or if you understand him, you're permitted to call him by nicknames.

Ignacio loves reading, and can often be found in the library or in the courtyard holding a book. He sometimes writes in his journal and is very attentive in his studies. He likes eating, but he still is quite thin, even though his appetite is enormous. He is a hopeless romantic, but he detests people who flirt and those who seem to know it all. He can be very charismatic if he wants to (some teachers in his old school say he was a girl magnet) and is a very gentle spirit. He is currently interested in relationships with both males and females, but sometimes believes that only his Quentin can and will understand and love him. He is not sarcastic at all, and prefers to walk away from confrontations. Still, he does have temper, and will be very cruel and ruthless when provoked. He tries to keep his temper in check and sometimes his emotions too if they are preventing him to think clearly.

Ignacio's strength lies in his ability to think logically, his agility and his huge wealth of knowledge gained from reading and talking to ghosts, but he sometimes cannot resist going back into his shell and depression before he met Quentin. Anything that reminds him of his crush (a scent, a book, a tune) will almost immediately render him weak and powerless, and although he doesn't seem like it, he does care. He is that kind of person who either gives his all or nothing --- that is also why he excels in nearly all of his studies (except math).

History:

Ignacio lived all his life in an orphanage, having no friends or family at all. Because he had excellent results in all of his exams, he was sent to study at a renowned preparatory school. He didn't talk to his fellow classmates much, and soon he became it, the one who the bullies picked on. He forced himself to ignore the teasing from all of his peers until the bullies started to beat him in front of all the students in his grade. From then on, he had nightmares of the beatings every single time he closed his eyes.

Lonely, scared, frightened, Ignacio would have killed himself if not for the friendly ghost that resided in his room. The ghost comforted him and helped him hone his sight. Soon he could see ghosts everywhere, and little Iggy (that was what Quentin, the ghost called him) finally had more people to talk to. The bullies soon learned to avoid him, as he had persuaded them not to(some rumours say he asked his ghost friends to scare the bullies, some say that he learned how to fight, but most believe both).

After a few more "incidents", he was sent to the Principal and he was forced to tell the wise man of his sight. The Principal, who was a long time friend of Tim Locks (Samantha Prescott's husband), sent him to the Academy to continue honing his skills. He was forced to part from Quentin and he was utterly heartbroken when he heard that Quentin had moved on and went to heaven.

Powers

He can see ghosts, and occasionally can sense their emotions. He likes talking to them, too.

Field of study: Witch
Last edited by iceprincess on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
you'll never find another sweet little girl with sequined sea foam eyes
ocean lapping voice, smile coy as the brightest quiet span of sky
and you're all alone again tonight; not again, not again, not again.
and don't it feel alright, and don't it feel so nice? lovely.

*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues