z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games DT

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:24 pm
ultraviolet says...

:D I figured my character was too smart to fall in, but I needed her to get on, simply 'cause that was the point of it.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:55 am
Calligraphy says...

You guys are doing great! I can't remember did you eat the rabbit? Even so you will still need food.

A. S.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:51 am
TheGreatIthy says...

I'm not sure if anyone has a plan to get off the rollercoaster, because I'm sort of drawing a blank... :?

Also, I should let you all know that I am going out of town tomorrow (Friday) and will be returning on Sunday. Not sure what time, so don't expect posts until Monday. Keep me alive for now! I will be back!
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

262 Reviews

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:09 pm
ultraviolet says...

I think unless this stops, we're on it till nine the next morning. What time is it for us, exactly?
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:13 pm
Calligraphy says...

Lets just say it is .... 12:00. You can skip ahead until it all slows down though.

A. S.

262 Reviews

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:48 pm
ultraviolet says...

I say that somehow we end up on the train/tram thing and stop by Magic Kingdom and do something in the castle (I can just imagine the kinds of things we could do in such a big building. Plus, almost no one's allowed in it, so we get to make that up.) Of course, that's just a vague idea.

You guys have any ideas?

~asofterworld.com

45 Reviews

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:01 am
TheGreatIthy says...

Okay, I read the last post and got really excited! So excited I can barely type at the moment... (The explanation mark turned into a 1 many times...) Or maybe it's the fudge I just ate... Sugary goodness...

Okay, back on track! I agree with the bloody--ness right now. We are essentially at the end so we won't need to think about multiple injuries for very long now. I personally am guilty of forgetting about that arm injury a few times even though I tried my best not to. I am fine with any injuries on Ivan, and I kind of like the feeling of not knowing what others will do, so feel free to injure him in some fights! As long as it's not death or paralyzing. PM me before that.

As for the castle idea, I wanted to do that initially with Leon which was why I directing him towards that place at the start so I completely agree with it.

I currently don't have any ideas for another arena (I mean, how do you top Disney Land!?) but I will keep looking!

Will review for food!

Random avatar

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:07 am
View Likes
Calligraphy says...

Thanks guys! If I could only get more people to be as quick as you!

A. S.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:47 am
pinkangel54123 says...

What if there was an announcement that got us all to Cinderella's castle that brought us together? Is that a good idea? Another thing, how about for the next one The Games were near water rapids and thick forest. That sounds like it could be trechorous enough.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Random avatar

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:59 am
Calligraphy says...

Sounds good, but what announcement and what do you guys need? Would you guys really fall for another gathering? or should I force you there with mist or something? What are your guys thoughts? I really want to do what you want to do because you really do all the work :D Does everyone like Pink's idea for the arena? I will still take other ideas!

A. S.

45 Reviews

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:11 am
TheGreatIthy says...

I like the idea for the arena, but I also liked what Calligraphy did for this one and provided a map of the area. Made it easier to find out where everyone was in relation to your character and whether it would be possible for him/her to make it that far on the supplies they had. Obviously it doesn't need to be right this night, but we can look for a well known area that has rapids and/or thick forests. Or at least something with a map so that we can keep track of where everybody is.

As for the announcement, I would figure that most of our characters would want to end it all as soon as possible and will 'fall' for a gathering cautiously. It would also be exciting to give a gentle push regardless in the form of a tracker jacker swarm (hopefully you all know what they are) or like what happened in the first book with the group of muttations that had the eyes of the fallen tributes. If you want to keep with the amusement park from hell thing going on, you can also have killer robotic versions of mickey mouse and the other Disney characters. In fact, I like that last idea the best.

Will review for food!

262 Reviews

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:32 am
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

Ooo! Mickey Mutts! I like it. :)

~asofterworld.com

45 Reviews

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:42 am
TheGreatIthy says...

I am currently trying to find a map of the states that can be posted as an image, but can't so far, so I'll do this .

My idea is this: The map is shrunk first of all so that you can potential walk the arena in a day or so and each state has its own unique characteristics. For example: Texas is very hot and dry. Alaska is cold and snowy or something. Hawaii has a volcano. I don't know much about what certain states are known for, but I think we can incorporate everyone's ideas into this.

For those who read the second book in the Hunger Games and remember the clock arena where each hour had a new trap would be familiar with this idea.

Will review for food!

Random avatar

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:58 am
Calligraphy says...

That actually sounds really great. Haha I feel like you are doing all the work! When this storybook ends I will look into it more too. We could just take one characteristic of each state like you said and make it smaller. That is so awesome.... but what would force the people to go to different ones?

Anyways for the storybook that is going now:

O.K. guys I have decided that the rides don't end at daylight, but you don't necessarily have to not be done by then. Here is the announcement that you will all here at 2:00 in the morning. As he talks tons of fireworks will go off around the castle and one will go off where each person is.

"Join me for a feast inside the castle of dreams. Dinner starts at 2:30 sharp."

Oh and a few minutes after the announcement flying dumbo elephant robots swoop down and start attacking/herding them in the right direction... and mickey mouse robots if you must.
A. S.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:01 am
Junglelover says...

Kill Ryan...........Just kill him without mercy, It's really hard for me too get back into it. I would but
I have a lot of school to catch up with, so I will be very busy.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

There is no quiet. There is only Doc McStuffins.
— Ron Swanson