z

Young Writers Society

The Harbinger Syndrome OOC

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:48 pm
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

what kind of limitations are there on what Neon can do? because I have some ideas and Neon could very quickly become very broken >.>
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:23 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

nice then ill pick sand :)
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:32 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

I’m sorry - you probably have a lot of questions to answer but I was wondering - what does air travel for light night look like? And also how does land travel work? It sounds cool but what would it be?
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:05 am
View Likes
Omni says...

All right, yall, you got me XD

I am loving the questions! However, I must admit something... the descriptions for the powers are copy/pasted from a roleplay of mine from seven years ago. Which means they are horribly outdated compared to my current style of worldbuilding and also lacking in some much needed depth and thought.

I'd also like to answer some important questions about the powers, and also answer your questions!

So, how about this? I'm going to be doing a deep dive into all 11 of the powers over the next week. During that time, if you have any questions or any comments/ideas/thoughts, please share here or PM me! While we all create our characters, I'll be developing and adding depths to the powers.

Some general notes and questions: this is a philosophy I tend to go by with all of my magic or power based systems but with these powers, the stronger their possibility, the more weaknesses/drawbacks the power will contain.

What do you think about your power being generated from nothing vs being manipulated with a sourced needed (or a base to create from eg lava from rock) I feel like half of the powers are murky on that.

All powers need some kind of drawback to keep from them being too powerful -- generally I tend to use "power drains your energy" in most of my systems, but what do you all think?

And that's about it for now! I must apologize about my seven year old worldbuilding that I was lazy with >.>
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:13 pm
View Likes
Quinlan says...

Is there a certain type of character we should be aiming to create as we get started? I know you mentioned 18+ but I guess I’m just trying to get a feel through things like (very loose) archetypes, gender identities, etc. in order to know I’m not creating the exact same character as another user. Sorry I’m just very excited to start building a character! I just wanted to know how to work off of other roles in the world ya know?

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:51 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@Quinlan good question! I do not have much preference in what kind of person you'd like to include in this story, I just would ask that you do not make your character completely isolated personality-wise. Introversion is totally fine, but your character should be able to interact with other characters at least at some level, if that makes sense ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:09 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Also, for those who are starting their character creation: the ability strengths and weaknesses are specific to your character, beyond or exclusive to the ones that are put in the rp and the ones that will be brainstormed this week.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

129 Reviews

Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:48 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

idk where to post the character, so imma just stick orange over here for now

Spoiler! :
Name: Orange
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual/Romantic Orientation: aroace

Personality: Hes kind of childish . . . i mean obviously hes a child, but also hes kind of annoying sometimes and he acts like a kid
Ability: Sand. He can manipulate sand to his will. Since his power is still developing, he hasnt yet learned how to create glass, but his power is unique in a way that he has graceful control of the sand and is able to use it to do things that human hands normally wouldnt be able to do. For example, he can pick locks with ease, but hes not as useful in a fight, since the nature of his sand is pretty weak, and being a kid, he is a bit scared of using sand to suffocate his opponents.
Ability Strengths: Very controlled and precise manipulation of sand.
Ability Weaknesses: His power is not physically intimidating. If he hit you with a bunch of sand . . . itd jut be a bunch of sand.

History: Orange has lived on the streets for a pretty long time, so living on the streets of a lockdown warzone is not that much different, especially with his new powers, but he used to always stick with his sister. She got killed in the early stages of quarantine though.
Where were you during Quarantine?: Bro was just hanging out and then boom the walls showed up.
What is your stance towards FEDRA?: Orange wants revenge against FEDRA because of his sister, so his reason for doing everything might be a lil different than everyone else.

Other: His sister is not named after a fruit dont worry

so i took another nap

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:57 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

(I am obviously not Omni) but usually for storybooks you submit the character on the storybook sanctuary page of it (by clicking the Go To Roleplay button on the right side of the screen!) and then on the right column of the screen, there should be a spot that says “create character”. That’s where you submit characters for approval :]
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

129 Reviews

Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:01 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

oki imma look

so i took another nap

129 Reviews

Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:02 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

oooh omni hasnt accepted me yet so thats why

(also double post whoops)

so i took another nap

378 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:19 am
View Likes
Omni says...

(whoops)

sass levels loading

[he/him]

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:02 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@foxmaster not at all! Welcome aboard c:

sass levels loading

[he/him]

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:49 am
View Likes
foxmaster says...

Thanks! Can I reserve a spot for lava?

grammar is hard and i dislike it immensely
— Icon