Young Writers Society

LSS: Clockwork Spies [OOC]

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:14 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

@Spearmint im working on a post, i should have it up by today or tomorrow
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

-Probably the greatest detective in the world

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:16 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Ok, ive got my post up!
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

-Probably the greatest detective in the world

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:26 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Awesome post, Myth!! Love the gargoyles, and the Marketplace sounds very cool :D
I'll get a post up by tonight! :]
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:01 am
Spearmint says...

Posted! Totally didn't make Kay have temporary hearing loss just because I couldn't come up with a name for the teacher xD
Anyways, I think it'd be a good idea to plan a bit for next week... When do we want to have our characters meet up? Like at lunch, or in a class they all have together, or sometime else?
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:45 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for not posting like I said I would for last week but I'm getting a post up soon! I'm working on it and will post it as soon as I can. Probably to tie into what's been going on. Or if anyone wants we can work on a post. (When I say working on it I mean I have a faint idea and have Been being lazy). And I promise soon ill get back into the flow I've just been slumped in school. Sorry againπŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜…

Also! Sorry. I just reread what u wrote! But lets meet up at lunch!! (I might already be planning it now that I've become less lazy).
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

245 Reviews

Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:58 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

@Haileyg21 Looking forward to your post! C:

I've also drafted up a lifeguard ad, so please let me know if there's anything I should add/remove/change!

Looking for an LSS Lifeguard! :D

LSS (Last Ship Sailing)/Lifeguard info:
Spoiler! :
What is LSS?
  • A roleplay competition where the goal for each crew is to write 2500 words a week!
  • More info here: Last Ship Sailing: Round II
  • Currently in progress, but you can join late, as a lifeguard!

What is a lifeguard?
  • A roleplay writer who joins a non-full crew in the middle of LSS and contributes to the word count goals :]
  • More info here: LSS Ship Log

Clockwork Spies is looking for a lifeguard!
A blurb/description of our roleplay:
Spoiler! :
The Clockworth Academy is a prestigious institution, immediately recognizable by its enormous clocktower. But although the clocktower serves as a public landmark in this city-on-a-bridge, the academy is far more mysterious, open to only the rich and powerful-- and the cunning. In fact, out of all the academy students with their potent abilities, perhaps the most successful are those skilled in the arts of deception and guile, which are fitting qualities of a clockwork spy. But as political tensions rise between the upper and lower classes, it may turn out that the most valuable trait of all is something far more honorable...

Required:
  • A willingness to write! (Around 500-800 words a week, for as many weeks as we can manage to keep sailing, though it's alright if you have to skip a week once in a while ^-^)
Recommended:
  • It'd be awesome if you could read through the previous roleplay posts, but if not, feel free to ask for a quick summary in the OOC!

If you'd be interested in joining our crew, let us know in the OOC thread! :D
mint, she/her

=D

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:40 am
View Likes
JamesPeterson says...

@Spearmint I love the summary of the roleplay :D
Zacharias Drake

45 Reviews

Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:55 am
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

It looks good mint! I think its summarized really well to!

Also! We should try to plan the meet up. Like everybody if we can make the time. Er. If y'all agree. We could really get a good meet up if we all managed to talk it out and work together .... But its up to everybody. I know we each have our own things and sometimes can make it but ya know...πŸ˜…πŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜Š
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

245 Reviews

Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:48 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

@TheMythMaster Any thoughts on the draft? C:

As for a potential meet-up, I should be free in the evenings (PST), or this weekend!
mint, she/her

=D

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:05 pm
View Likes
JamesPeterson says...

I got my next post up!

And I have time in the evenings as well, and for the weekend. Though I'm in MST
Zacharias Drake

45 Reviews

Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:46 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

I'm good with evenings and the weekend! I'm EDT which seems three hours ahead of mint and two of james. So what ever works for you should work 😊

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:56 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

It's sunday! Y'all still have around 600 words left to go! You got this :D
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

245 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:29 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Posted!
Also, great job on your posts, Harry and James!! I love all the details and I'm so happy we've managed to make it this far (almost two months)! ^-^

As for next steps, I was thinking we could have all our characters be in the same Cryptography class, taught by Prof. Linda Markev? And they might be assigned a group project to check in on some rebels in a lower sector. Let me know what you think!
We could also meet up sometime this week (like Harry suggested earlier) to discuss it in a wfp or something! (Tuesday evening, Thursday evening, Saturday early afternoon, or Sunday afternoon/evening would work best for me c: )
Oh, and when should I post the lifeguard ad?
mint, she/her

=D

45 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:56 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

I up for any day and You can put it out whenever. But idk really know Find the best place for someone to join and put it out ig.

245 Reviews

Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:54 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Alright, I'll post a wfp link on Saturday at around 1:30 PST! (auto-adjusted time: ) ^-^
Hopefully I'll have a post up on Friday (and post the lifeguard ad then), but if not, by Sunday :D
mint, she/her

=D

β€œI don't talk things, sir. I talk the meaning of things.”
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451