Young Writers Society

If I Had a Heart OOC

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:18 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

My CP is finished! I just threw it into the pad, as well as in the spoiler down below - just in case the pad ever crashes. I'll come back and add the fancy formatting to it later, but I need to get ready for my first class now.

I can't wait to start writing this roleplay!

Spoiler! :
Name: Raptor

Age: It's impossible to tell for sure with all of the armor, but he sounds like he could be anywhere from his late twenties to late forties. Basically, he sounds like an adult.

Race: Human, supposedly. Something's definitely a little off about him, though.

Appearance: To sum up his appearance, he's intimidating. Like really intimidating. I'd say he's at least six feet tall and probably even taller than that, and easily takes up space thanks to his equally gigantic suit of black knight armor. It's the kind of armor where you can't see anything more than his eyes. But even his eyes are a little weird - anyone who squints can just barely make out a pair of red orbs in the darkness of his helmet. I'm not sure if this counts as an item or as part of his appearance, but he's wearing a worn leather messenger bag with the strap going across his chest and back.

Items: All of his items are currently in his bag, since suits of armor unfortunately don't come with pockets. The items he's carrying definitely would raise some eyebrows if you didn't know him well. There's a pack of chalk wrapped in several layers of worn cloth. He's also carrying a potion of harming, but the glass bottle it's in is incredibly sturdy - it's not going to break on its own. His next item is a large black cloak; it's easily big enough to cover him. Since I'm not entirely sure if the bag counts as an item, I'll end this list with a bag inside of the bag. That smaller bag has at least 100 tiny emeralds in it. They almost look like money, if you squint hard enough.

Strengths: Raptor is known for being resourceful and very determined. He's the type to think that the end justifies the means - but he does know where to draw the line. He also has physical strength, thanks to being so hecking tall. He's a good negotiator, is usually fairly good at reading people, and also happens to know how to summon spirits. I'll probably nerf that ability for a bit, but he's supposedly well-versed in how they work. More importantly, he's able to *see* spirits/demons in his story for what they are, no matter how many illusions they put up.

(It's a little more complex than that and involves being able to see through a certain number of reality's planes, but for now let's just say he can see through illusions.)

Weaknesses: He can come across as blunt and apathetic. As mentioned before, he also has a tendency to make sacrifices others might not be okay with. He tries to justify it in his head, but there might be a point where he antagonizes the other characters because of his decision. He can't do any magic on his own besides that special sight, and relies heavily on the assistance of the demon/spirit he usually has summoned.

This isn't seriously a weakness, but his already noticeable British accent gets much stronger when he's irritated or emotional. I wouldn't say it's to the point that no one can understand him, but it's definitely clear that he's British. It's technically a very good way of judging his emotional state, too. Hear the accent even stronger than before? His mask is slipping, and Raptor hates when that happens.

Ribbon Color: It's a weird color that doesn't really look like any color at all. The best way to describe it would be white/transparent, but you can't actually see through to his wrist.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:40 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

@soundofmind Sure! I think we can squeeze in a seventh player for the sake of tradition :D Welcome!

@Magebird that's a really cool character! I think he and Elias will get along on some points with the whole apathy and sacrifice thing.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:45 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@RavenLord, thank you! I'm glad you like Raptor. :)
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:47 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

AAAA THANK U SM RAVENLORD

please accept my bastard as an offering

Spoiler! :
Name: Aumrauth Themaris
Race: Elvish/Immortal
Appearance: Tall, lean. Long white hair, glowing white irises, and the whites of his eyes are black. Grey skin. Unsettling large scars - that he doesn't bother hiding - that should have resulted in mortal wounds and death. Wears beautiful long flowing purple robes and tasteful golden jewelry. I also have a picture linked here!
Items (Max of 5 major items): A sheathed knife, and a small vial of "Sleeping Blade" poison aka cyanide. He is wearing anti-mage necklaces, which at the moment, will be suppressing his magic so he cannot use it.
Strengths: Intelligent, talkative, quick witted, and eccentric. I guess immortality is as strength - he can die, he just keeps coming back. He's entertaining to anyone who doesn't have to deal with him. Eagerly pursues knowledge. Quick, nimble, good at climbing and parkour-ish activities. Good at dancing, not that I see that coming in handy.
Weaknesses: Obnoxious, obsessive, snarky, and morally depraved. Basically, a bastard. He has lost quite a few marbles... cant take anything seriously to save his life, and is far more attached to his potions and runes than people. Shows respect to no one, pokes fun at everyone.
Ribbon Color: Black
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

112 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:50 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

I love him. Fabulous bastard, excellent cheekbones.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

112 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:52 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :
RavenLord
Name: Dr. Elias Archer
Race: Caucasian human
Appearance: About 6 feet tall with gaunt features and prominent cheekbones. Very academic look about him. His dark brown hair is combed back neatly from his forehead. He has pale blue eyes. Walks with a limp. He wears a light brown waistcoat and dark brown overcoat with a white dress shirt underneath, dark brown trousers, and neat leather dress shoes. His tie matches his waistcoat. Occasionally wears half-moon spectacles.
Reference image: https://i.redd.it/9id18f4i5c151.jpg
Items (Max of 5 major items): Medical bag (empty except for a roll of gauze and a scalpel), cigarette lighter, cigarettes, walking cane, leather-bound journal/fountain pen
Strengths: Stronger than he looks, level-headed, educated in medicine, cordial (good bedside manner), good cook, patron of the arts, some combat experience
Weaknesses: Lacks empathy, over-dedicated to his cause (it’s a weakness, trust me), prone to insomnia, nicotine addict, that limp I mentioned, PTSD, obsessive
Ribbon Color: Forest Green

Carina
Name: Mel
Race: Human
Appearance: Very slender and a bit taller than other girls her age. Bronzey tan skin dotted with a slightly freckley face that, upon close inspection, are actually just a bunch of sunspots. Devious smile and bright golden brown eyes that glint in the light. Curly, slighly frizzy voluminous brown hair, extending just past her shoulder blades. In this roleplay, she'll be wearing her school uniform. It's not anything anyone would recognize, but it looks like a uniform, and given her age it's presumed to be for school.
Items (Max of 5 major items): Mel frequently carries a small beige sling bag with various items. In it, you can find a notepad/pencil from classes, a pack of matchsticks, white ribbons she uses to tie up her hair, an almost-full water pouch, and various snacks (none that anyone would recognize, but they sort of look like weird vegetable granola bars).
Strengths: Brave and courageous are two words that would come to mind to those who know Mel. She constantly craves an adventure and is not afraid to get outside of her comfort zone. Mel has little anxiety, so if something bad does happen, she's quick to adapt and reacts appropriately. She does so pretty creatively too, seldom falling into routine or repetition. She is also great at lying and decepting others, although she almost never lies to people she trusts. This skill pairs well with her ability to [redacted].
Weaknesses: Not many things scare Mel, but she does get uneasy being alone in the dark for a long period of times. She dislikes being heavily dependent upon, and when she is, she either freezes up and falters, or she owns it and crushes it. There doesn't seem to be an inbetween. She can also be passive and docile, but she's been telling herself this past year that she will learn to stand up for herself and have her own voice. She's still trying to discover herself, but given her life circumstances, she doesn't really know who she is. She feels as though her life circumstances have numbed her to what she's "supposed" to be and "supposed" to like, hate, fear, or love, and it's because of this that she can be apathetic or stoic or times.
Ribbon Color: Light Yellow

Cyr: If Eira is gonna be a mentor character, it's a good thing she never mentions her family. That would be a double-whammy dreaded dead spell on my very new, very undeveloped character.

Cyr
Name: Eira
Age: ambiguous, somewhere in her early twenties maybe, but could also be in her teens, or her thirties with a really good moisturizer.
Race: Half human, half [redacted]
Appearance: Probably more punk than you. Her boots have butterfly wings and steel toes.
Items (Max of 5 major items): She's got a pocket knife on her at all times, not because she ever plans to stab anybody, but because there's a lot of useful tools on there and you never want to need a screwdriver and not have one, ya know? Her wallet will also be in her pocket, which has some cash, a couple of credit cards, and her ID in it. A couple of ID's in it. They all have her picture, though. She's got a bag on her, a mostly-empty messenger bag where she stuffs her extra sweater and makeup bag (which is mostly eyeliner).
Strengths: She's absolutely flawless at nagvigating the urban cityscape she grew up in. She's good with people in that context, and she's a wonderful illusionist, especially with small things, though larger, moving illusions require a focus that she can't usually spare, so she never dedicated much time to perfecting them. Her illusions are visual-only, as well, which is what typically gives them away. If she's in danger, though, she's more likely to defualt to punching the problem in the face than using her powers, since a silent illusion would be pretty useless in most cases and using light as a weapon takes too much energy to be worth it.
Weaknesses: She's defensive, insecure, and hates quite a few things. Among them, the natural outdoors, spellwork (when used on her), and most religious activity. She's also weaker than she looks, and never really bothered to learn how to use her powers for more than day to day convienince. She's also rather obsessive and tends to take things too far, often to the point where people get hurt.
Ribbon Color: Night-Vale purple.
Gonna revisit this in the morning but I think it's done.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=401

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=401

soundofmind
Name: Aumrauth Themaris
Race (Human, other): Elvish/Immortal
Appearance: Tall, lean. Long white hair, glowing white irises, and the whites of his eyes are black. Grey skin. Unsettlingly large scars - that he doesnt bother hiding - that should have resulted in mortal wounds and death. Wears beautiful long flowing purple robes and tasteful golden jewelry. I also have a picture linked here: images/storybooks/ch497071596641509.jpg
Items (Max of 5 major items): A sheathed knife, and a small vial of "Sleeping Blade" poison aka cyanide. He is wearing anti-mage necklaces, which at the moment, will be suppressing his magic so he cannot use it.
Strengths: Intelligent, talkative, quick witted, and eccentric. Entertaining to anyone who doesnt have to deal with him. Eagerly pursues knowledge. Quick, nimble, good at climbing and parkour-ish activities. Good at dancing, not that I see that coming in handy.
Weaknesses: Obnoxious, obsessive, snarky, and morally depraved. Basically, a bastard. He has lost quite a few marbles... cant take anything seriously to save his life, and is far more attached to his potions and runes than people. Shows respect to no one, pokes fun at everyone.
Ribbon Color: Black

Magebird

Name: Raptor

Age: It's impossible to tell for sure with all of the armor, but he sounds like he could be anywhere from his late twenties to late forties. Basically, he sounds like an adult.

Race: Human, supposedly. Something's definitely a little off about him, though.

Appearance: To sum up his appearance, he's intimidating. Like really intimidating. I'd say he's at least six feet tall and probably even taller than that, and easily takes up space thanks to his equally gigantic suit of black knight armor. It's the kind of armor where you can't see anything more than his eyes. But even his eyes are a little weird - anyone who squints can just barely make out a pair of red orbs in the darkness of his helmet. I'm not sure if this counts as an item or as part of his appearance, but he's wearing a worn leather messenger bag with the strap going across his chest and back.

Items: All of his items are currently in his bag, since suits of armor unfortunately don't come with pockets. The items he's carrying definitely would raise some eyebrows if you didn't know him well. There's a pack of chalk wrapped in several layers of worn cloth. He's also carrying a potion of harming, but the glass bottle it's in is incredibly sturdy - it's not going to break on its own. His next item is a large black cloak; it's easily big enough to cover him. Since I'm not entirely sure if the bag counts as an item, I'll end this list with a bag inside of the bag. That smaller bag has at least 100 tiny emeralds in it. They almost look like money, if you squint hard enough.

Strengths: Raptor is known for being resourceful and very determined. He's the type to think that the end justifies the means - but he does know where to draw the line. He also has physical strength, thanks to being so hecking tall. He's a good negotiator, is usually fairly good at reading people, and also happens to know how to summon spirits. I'll probably nerf that ability for a bit, but he's supposedly well-versed in how they work. More importantly, he's able to *see* spirits/demons in his story for what they are, no matter how many illusions they put up.

(It's a little more complex than that and involves being able to see through a certain number of reality's planes, but for now let's just say he can see through illusions.)

Weaknesses: He can come across as blunt and apathetic. As mentioned before, he also has a tendency to make sacrifices others might not be okay with. He tries to justify it in his head, but there might be a point where he antagonizes the other characters because of his decision. He can't do any magic on his own besides that special sight, and relies heavily on the assistance of the demon/spirit he usually has summoned.

This isn't seriously a weakness, but his already noticeable British accent gets much stronger when he's irritated or emotional. I wouldn't say it's to the point that no one can understand him, but it's definitely clear that he's British. It's technically a very good way of judging his emotional state, too. Hear the accent even stronger than before? His mask is slipping, and Raptor hates when that happens.

Ribbon Color: It's a weird color that doesn't really look like any color at all. The best way to describe it would be white/transparent, but you can't actually see through to his wrist.

ShadowQueen

Name: Nikolai Sokolov (mostly goes by Kolya as a nickname)

Appearance: Short dark brown hair in a swept-back style, deep green eyes, five feet and eleven inches tall. He’s Russian, although he doesn’t look much like it (he has a bit of an accent, though) and passes as a normal person rather well. Wearing a long gray coat lined with gold-colored fabric, with a deep blue shirt underneath, dark jeans, and black riding boots. For reference: https://imgur.com/gallery/jKJOf7J (The candles and campfire are for the aesthetic!)

Items: A blue crystal pendant around his neck of unexplained origin, and a leather pouch on his left hip. The pouch has a small amount of Russian money (rubles) in it, some strange blue marbles, a pencil, and a notebook full of beautiful drawings, mostly of birds.

Strengths: emphatic, creative, and rather caring about others, even if he doesn’t know them well. He’s a talented artist, and can speak English and French fluently as well as Russian, but he doesn’t remember how he learned those languages.

Weaknesses: shy, a bit anxious in social situations, and has a lot of fears (like the dark, spiders, falling, and several more). He tends to freeze up and panic when confronted with anything scary. He’s often rather emotionally vulnerable and sensitive, and he gets his feelings hurt easily.

Ribbon Color: A light gray-blue, like a blend of stormy clouds and a clear sky.

AtlasW
Name: Ainsley Marhorn
reference image (with a few tweaks)
Race (Human, other): Half human, half nymph
Appearance: Ainsley has shoulder-length brown-black hair that he wears down, a dusting of black stubble on his chin, and deep blue eyes. He wears a plain white shirt under a dark grey cloak, brown trousers. He doesn't like to wear shoes, so he usually goes barefoot.
Items (Max of 5 major items): He carries a black cloth bag (1) that holds a dagger (2), a bundle of golden canary feathers (3), a beat-up pair of sandals (4), and he wears a silver ring etched with strange symbols on a chain, the only thing left behind by his mother (5).
Strengths: Extensive knowledge of animals, particularly birds. He is empathetic and kind, and can easily connect with others in that sense. He prefers to negotiate rather than fight and has become a great negotiator over the years. He knows he can use the delicate beauty his mother passed down to him as an asset, even though he doesn't like to. Ainsley is generally pretty open with others but will shut down if his past is questioned.
Weaknesses: Ainsley feels with his entire heart, so he has trouble thinking with his head and not his heart sometimes. He doesn't have a lot of regard for his own safety; he wouldn't hesitate to put himself in danger to help another. He's not as proficient with weapons as he'd like to be, nor is he as strong, thanks to his nymph heritage. He doesn't have much knowledge of the magical side of his family and has a hard time talking about it, despite wanting to learn all he can about it. He can also be rather impulsive if a belief is challenged or someone he cares for is in danger.
Ribbon Color: A rich blood red

If you would like edits to be made, please PM me!
Last edited by Ljungtroll on Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

she/her

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:35 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

*laughs nervously* I should have waited to do this until I was emotionally stable, but here goes nothing!

Spoiler! :
Name: Nikolai Sokolov (mostly goes by Kolya as a nickname)

Appearance: Short dark brown hair in a swept-back style, deep green eyes, five feet and eleven inches tall. He’s of Russian origin, although he doesn’t look much like it (he has a bit of an accent, though) and passes as a normal person rather well. Wearing a long gray coat lined with gold-colored fabric, with a deep blue shirt underneath, dark jeans, and black riding boots. For reference: https://imgur.com/gallery/jKJOf7J (The candles and campfire are for the aesthetic!)

Items: A blue crystal pendant around his neck of unexplained origin, and a leather pouch on his left hip. The pouch has a small amount of Russian money (rubles) in it, some strange blue marbles, a pencil, and a notebook full of beautiful drawings, mostly of birds.

Strengths: emphatic, creative, and rather caring about others, even if he doesn’t know them well. He’s a talented artist, and can speak English and French fluently as well as Russian, but he doesn’t remember how he learned those languages.

Weaknesses: shy, a bit anxious in social situations, and has a lot of fears (like the dark, spiders, falling, and several more). He tends to freeze up and panic when confronted with anything scary. He’s often rather emotionally vulnerable and sensitive, and he gets his feelings hurt easily.

Ribbon Color: A light gray-blue, like a blend of stormy clouds and a clear sky.
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

112 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:37 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Looks great, Shadow! I've got him in the Character Masterpost already, so he's secure. I can't wait to start this!

she/her

135 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:44 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Thank you so much, Raven! I don't have much set in stone for this guy, but we'll see where this goes!

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

silver (she/they)

112 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:45 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

If it makes you feel any better, I made my fella up on the fly and I only have a few concrete details about his background.

she/her

135 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:48 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Honestly, same here. I might have also overthought the process of creating him a bit, but I think I'll be fine.

silver (she/they)

112 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:31 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Would y'all like it if I made a club for this? This is turning into a more involved thing plotwise than I'd expected and it might be good to have a place where I can keep track of clues and questions more easily.

she/her

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:36 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

That sounds good to me!
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That also sounds good to me! :)
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:47 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Alrighty! I'll get to work on that, then.

she/her

When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind