z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry DT

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:59 pm
KingLucifer says...

@JamesHunt but that is how Hagrid speaks in the books.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:23 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Avalon, it is? *pages through The Philosopher's Stone*

Umm, he says:
~ yeh instead of "you"
~ yer instead of "your"
~ o' instead of "of",
~ an' instead of "and",
~ summat instead of "something" (I liked this one the most whilst reading)
~ mighta instead of "might have"
~ don' instead of "don't"
~ fer instead of "for"
~ and he omits his t's (as in las', jus' and abou') and g's (as in gettin', cryin' and nothin')
But he never uses double contractions or contracted colloquialisms.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

50 Reviews

Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:23 pm
KingLucifer says...

Blah It's been to long since I've read the earlier books.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:44 pm
Zontafer says...

JamesHunt wrote:@Zontafer, @Wolfie36, @KatyaElefant, @FaerieQueen, @AfterTheStorm and @Wolfare1, if you don't want to write about the feast, you can write about the following morning's breakfast. (Just remember, I am teaching the sixth years Charms first period, so don't just skip to the classes.) They receive their mail that first morning, right?

Oh, and @Fade, I like your effective use of colloquialisms in Hagrid's speech, but don't omit letters in words which are already contractions or colloquialisms (don't = contraction, 'o'n't = ??; wanna = colloquialism, 'anna = ???) - it reads quite difficultly.

Sounds good to me. It's not really that necessary for everyone to make a post about the same thing.

Just one thing, do we have a schedule for what classes we have each day?
And, Noelle's, Wolfie's and my character will be the only ones which have classes together?
"If you're going through hell, keep going."
- Winston Churchill

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:44 pm
Cithara says...

So much research! *hasn't read the 1st HP since 5th grade*
My gosh, I gotta go back...thanks @JamesHunt for making this a little bit easier XD
Pax in Christo

"My heart is racing even as I write,
but I plan to go on as bravely as a heroine in a
novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

293 Reviews

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:08 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Thewriter13, you are very welcome! And you actually don't need to research the spells of the series - I have already done that. In fact, after I have finished my entry for the first Charms class, I shall post the incantations and wand gestures for the concerned spells here; however, for many of them, the latter is more complicted than simply pointing your wand, so beware!

@Wolfare1, @dragonthief1 and @Aurora99, I think we should devise a list for our respective houses' Quidditch teams.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:28 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I am dreadfully confused. Was Prof. Bradshaw out talking with Hagrid before being asked to patrol the corridors, or was he on a trip in the Forbidden Forest? And if it was the latter, how was his trip cut short, as someone must have contacted him?

Also, @dragonthief1, could you please sort out the dialogue? I found it incredibly difficult to follow. The many typos did not much help in that aspect either...

Oh, and Raphael would warn the snogging students not to be out after curfew again before sending them off. I cannot comment on Raphael's dialogue though, as I had no idea what was going on. Something about the Order of the Phoenix... Please contact me next time. (godmodding = </3)
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:36 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Here is the latest version of the relationships:

IC (inter-character):
Kris (Storm) - possibly friendly with Nova and very friendly with Raven, but hostile towards Layla and Beatrix.
Layla (Faerie) - friendly with Beatrix, but hostile towards Kris and Raven.

Raven (Katya) - slightly friendly with Eli and friendly with Nova, Matty and Felix and very friendly with Kris, but hostile towards Layla
Beatrix (Avalon) - friendly with Layla, but hostile towards Kris and Nova

Nova (Royal) - possibly friendly with Kris and friendly with Raven, but hostile towards Beatrix
Matty (writer) - friendly with Raven and Eli, but hostile towards Felix

Simon (Wolfie) - friendly with Eli
Eli (Noelle) - slightly friendly with Raven and friendly with Matty and Simon
Felix (Zontafer) - friendly with Raven, but hostile towards Matty

NPC's:
Kris - friendly with Maddox Turner and Osric "Rick" Steinway (Slytherin)
Raven - friendly with Luni Netherwood and Bella Spear
Nova - friendly with Friday Jackson and Charlotte Harley and very friendly with Mario Reid (Slytherin)
Matty - friendly with Amber Rainer and very friendly with Christoper Mark

Felix - friendly with Skyler Bunnell and Vincent Sharpe (Slytherin)
— Paul the Apostle

50 Reviews

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:49 pm
KingLucifer says...

I should mention I intend to write parts including Beatrix's Uncle Alden Valji and her Cousin Anna, but these parts take place in the past Years and outside of Hogwarts.

293 Reviews

Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:16 pm
BrumalHunter says...

There has been some confusion as to when the periods work and how many there are, so here is a veryd etailed description I found:

The day begins at 7:30 a.m. with breakfast in the Great Hall. During breakfast, the mail arrives in a flurry of hundreds of owls. A bell chime signals the start of the first class at 9 a.m. The bell chimes again in one hour to signal the start of the next class.

There are four class periods before lunch (though NEWT student may have breaks during some of these), scheduled according to house. After lunch, there is another break and two more classes.

Dinner is served in the Great Hall toward evening, after which the students are expected to be in their house common rooms for studying and socializing.

There is an Astronomy class at night on Wednesday every week (usually midnight).

The students must be in bed or in the common rooms by a certain time, after which is called after hours. The times are different for different years (for example, fifth years are allowed to be in the halls until 9:00)

I shall be publishing two more lists (schedules for the two years) after this. Oh, and @Avalon, that sounds really interesting; I cannot wait to read them (just remember to indicate those posts as such).
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:04 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Schedule for the sixth years:

Monday
Breakfast (7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.)
1. Charms/Muggle Studies (9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.)
2. Potions/Divination (10:00 a.m - 11:00 a.m.)
3. Non-Magical Combat/History of Magic (11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.)
4. Transfiguration/Arithmancy (12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
Lunch (1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
5. Herbology/Care of Magical Creatures (2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
6. Defence Against the Dark Arts/Ancient Runes (3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Dinner (6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.)

Tuesday
Breakfast
1. DADA/AR
2. Herbology/CMC
3. NMC/HM
4. Potions/Divination
Lunch
5. Charms/MS
6. Transfiguration/Arithmancy
Dinner

Wednesday
Breakfast
1. Herbology/CMC
2. Charms/MS
3. DADA/AR
4. NMC/HM
Lunch
5. Transfiguration/Arithmancy
6. Potions/Divination
Dinner

Thursday
Breakfast
1. Transfiguration/Arithmancy
2. NMC/HM
3. Herbology/CMC
4. DADA/AR
Lunch
5. Potions/Divination
6. Charms/MS
Dinner

Friday
Breakfast
1. DADA and NMC
2. Transfiguration/Arithmancy
3. Potions/Divination
4. Charms/MS
Lunch
5. AR/HM
6. Herbology/CMC
Dinner
7. Astronomy (12:00 a.m. - 1:30 a.m.)

As you can see, if you take subjects which are taught simultaneously, you will have to decide which periods you will miss in order to attend the other subject. Astronomy is only taught once a week though, so don't miss it!
Last edited by BrumalHunter on Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
— Paul the Apostle

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:14 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

This is a lot more complicated than I thought it would be!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

50 Reviews

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:19 pm
KingLucifer says...

@JamesHunt, since most Slytherin's are either favorable towards the ideals of Pureblood's and Death Eaters. Anyone in that house is likely hostile or just heavily dislikes Beatrix since she's previously stood against both ideals.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:40 pm
View Likes
Noelle says...

Wolfie36 wrote:This is a lot more complicated than I thought it would be!

xD We're all here to figure it out together though!

Yes @Zontafer , you, me, and @Wolfie36 characters are all third years. Would be nice to figure out our class schedule. I'll get on that.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

293 Reviews

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:48 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@AfterTheStorm, @FaerieQueen, @Avalon, @KatyaElefant, @RoyalHighness and @Thewriter13, the sixth years' class schedule is finally complete! Please, study it thoroughly; it took an eternity to compile.

And @Noelle, I shall compile the third years' schedule tomorrow, so don't worry about it. :D

Finally, @Wolfare1, @Aurora99, @dragonthief1 and @Fade, I shall ensure that your classes with the third and sixth years do not overlap, but study the timetables closely, please.
— Paul the Apostle

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind