z

Young Writers Society

The Fifth Academy For Heroes In Training [DT]

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:35 pm
therealme says...

Hahaha it's fine. I really like what you did! xD You've made me curious as to what originally caused Evoltrick to go crazy in the first place...

On a random note:
HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS WE'VE REACHED SIXTY PAGES IN THE DT *whistles*
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Lumi says...

@AriaAdams, you're up. =P I liked imagining Dyrebro as a smarmy assbutt who likes Evatt because of his sister.

On a related note, now is gonna be like the Academy's "weekend". So you can visit a different universe (even vanilla Earth if you want) for fun. Or for whatever kind of Shonen Kakurenbo stuff Twaggy's up to.

Edit: Also, once Evatt gets filled in on the details of his humiliating defeat, he's probably going to dive into his studies to pick a stronger form of his alchemy...and off the top of my head, those studies may be from the desk of one General Roy Mustang.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:08 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi ...Twaggy. Huh. Keep that one, I think I prefer it.
Disgaea's kind of a video game, originally, so sorta Shonen idea, but not really a... Oh, who am I kidding... Yes, it has a Shonen inspiration. Definitely.
And wait a sec. "visit different universes"? So do we actually have to narrate what's happening during our respective side-stories? Not that I would mind (ON THE FREAKIN' CONTRARY, I WANNA NARRATE LAHARL), but I wonder if it must be done.

*re-reads post* Oh... "for fun". Heh. Well... That's enough reason for me!

Wait, Evatt might study stuff from Roy Mustang's desk? Whaaaaaaaaaa... I can't wait to witness the result. The Academy's weekend's gonna be interesting. I wouldn't say Evatt's defeat was humiliating though, he fought like a boss.
It's not like he was attached to a rock and taunted for instance, haha... *cries*
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:17 am
Lumi says...

You don't have to expound on anything, Twaggy. Just the note that Evo's gone for the weekend is cool enough.

It'll take Evatt a few chapters to fill in the gaps in the Flame Alchemy notes. Though, I guess he could visit home and ask to see Miss Riza naked...though he may return with bullet wounds. So yeah. He'll spend a few Issues piecing together the missing fragments with the aided benefit of having access to 2014-level chemistry knowledge.
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:38 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh. Okay. Fair enough!
*still slightly disappointed at lost opportunity of narrating Laharl*

...True that, Evatt gets modern science to help him... ...Hmmmmmm...
Ok, that gives me another idea. Sorry, I have 3 more questions:

1: I don't remember anyone answering that, but are Bowser and Luigi actually in the Academy, or are the Halls just named after them 'cause it fits?

2: There is a library in the Academy right? With lots of books... About LOTS of different subjects, some of which concerning the homeworlds/universes of the teachers. Right?

3: Is possible to plan something (and by plan I mean add/create stuff like a new activity or new things for the school, not like a plot or something) with a teacher? Like... propose an idea for the Academy and have him consider it or not. I dunno, I like socializing with NPCs.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:51 am
Lumi says...

1. In name alone.

2. Yes and yes.

3. Yes.
-Shinji Moon

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:31 am
Iggy says...

Lumi wrote:It'll take Evatt a few chapters to fill in the gaps in the Flame Alchemy notes. Though, I guess he could visit home and ask to see Miss Riza naked...though he may return with bullet wounds.

*is a hardcore Mustang & Hawkeye shipper*

I approve of this.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

40 Reviews

Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:21 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

1: Oh. Perfect! Gotta look around for Bowser next weekend, then.2

2: cool and awesome.

3: Yaaaaaaaaay! I hope it'll make sense then.

And I wonder what the others will do during the weekend, I'm really gettin' curious. Any ideas in mind, everyone?

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:28 am
therealme says...

Well seeing that Jasper has only just arrived, he will remain in the Academy for the weekend and get somewhat used to the place.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:57 pm
kayfortnight says...

Same reasoning on Raven's part. No point in leaving practically the day after she arrives.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

40 Reviews

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:34 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

That's fair. And that may be the best way to interact with others, especially considering they're new.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:10 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

@therealme

Up to you to post again.
Isi's staying on campus for reasons to be explained. D'you want the mind-reading voodoo to happen during this weekend? 'Cause it'd be a good one.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:04 pm
View Likes
cheeb says...

Lumi wrote:Image

I liked this! SO I STOLE YOUR IDEA

chibibo wrote:Image

WAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAA
the user formerly known as chibibo

40 Reviews

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:18 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@chibibo Darn, why did I laughed so much upon reading your post? I mean, both with and against Bea. I'm weird. And... Bea seem to want to keep the team as a group even AFTER the whole Scirocco stuff. That's... That's very interesting.

Also, the logo fashion is on. I'll find my own soon enough...

But wait, I thought the whole logo idea was launched since first page? I dunno, the science flyer thing Evatt introduced that day gave the idea to a few people (me included), just didn't took the time to actually make one...

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:31 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Technically, Team Bea had a better fight against Scirocco than Team A. There was in-combat strategy and a series of altered maneuvers, whereas Team A p much ditched their plan and did whatever the hell they wanted once Scirocco landed. I'd imagine that the senior reps voted for Team A because of their wait-and-trap plan.

What I'm getting at is that Kat is a better preemptive strategist, while Bea is superior at adaptive strategy. She just needs someone to tell her that.

Also, Twaggy, while you're reading this~ The idea of powering down Evoltrick was because he is a Freshman at an Academy for heroes in training. The way you've written him, he has no reason to be there because of his power display. And to top it off, your power-down was just him restraining himself so he can be more confident in his powers--by which logic, Evatt should be able to level mountains / Mia should be able to unleash a 300-million damage Disgaea summon / etc. One way or another, I am going to see to it that Evoltrick does find himself inadequate enough to need the Academy.
-Shinji Moon

The wince that you wince when you see your quote in the quote generator is quite a wince, I tell ya. To know that the whole YWS community has read and judged your quote is quite an awkward feeling like oh noes. *manly blush*
— Arcticus