Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:17 pm
therealme says...

I like that idea xD
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:19 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I find incredible how almost none of us has been writing lately. And there I thought people would come back in mass numbers after the fighting test thingy...

Oh well! Can't do much but wait until end of weekend, since Evoltrick's already gone.
*resumes watching animes*
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:01 pm
kayfortnight says...

@Lumi, would you like it if we took a page from the Sins and Virtues SB and made a writerfeedpad to collaborate on?
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:06 pm
Lumi says...

Sure. Back in the day, we collab'd on gDocs, but do whatever you want.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:34 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

As for why so many people aren't posting....

-Well I for one am utterly lost.

-During the test people were ignoring the previous posts and just writing whatever the hell they wanted, trampling over other peoples plot ideas and just not communicating/listening and I for one get pissed off when I write a post and people just blatantly ignore it.

-People got left behind

-Other people had WAY to powerful a character, it makes me less motivated to write knowing there are all these godlike characters and then my characters- following lumi's instructions- are getting their asses kicked because they are weak. It's not fair that it's these few several characters always winning, always know what to do and always figure out the problems.... It's not fair to everyone considering these KIDS are meant to be STUDENTS. I mean why are my characters even at this school if they are surrounded by demi gods and Godlike characters? they have no reason to be there- Walt should just go be a dentist.

-I personally feel I wasn't given any time to develop my character or get a feel for others characters- this makes writing detailed posts nigh on impossible.... I mean I didn't know jack about people and it's not easy writing posts when I dont' know how jack reacts to this or sally has a way of saying such and such....

To be honest I just gave up. that's why I'm not posting- it stopped being fun.... sorry.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

Random avatar

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:57 pm
kayfortnight says...

http://kayfortnight.writerfeedpad.com/2

If you want to use this for planning posts instead of PMing, go right ahead.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:41 pm
Lumi says...

@Shadowlight said
To be honest I just gave up. that's why I'm not posting- it stopped being fun.... sorry.

Yeah, I get that. I haven't had any fun yet aside from handling the background mechanics, which I always find fun. If it helps any, there won't be any events for a while, so if you want your chance to develop your character--here's your shot.

As far as people throwing OP characters around, pl0x pl0x pl0x pl0x pl0x know that I'm trying to fix them. ;.; One at a time. As far as everyone else is concerned, if you think your character may be OP, then they are. Fix it.

But yeahhhh. If you want to have fun with one of my characters, then I'll totally roll with you. c:
-Shinji Moon

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:25 pm
cheeb says...

So I decided to put aside my distaste towards Writerfeedpad and have a look at the one Kay set up...

... Huh.
the user formerly known as chibibo

Random avatar

Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:28 pm
kayfortnight says...

I don't know what could have happened...

40 Reviews

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:27 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Shadowlight
During the test people were ignoring the previous posts and just writing whatever the hell they wanted

...Huh. Intriguing. I didn't really notice that while reading the other's posts. I personally tried to involve everyone and not having my character do everything, and Lumi kind of put us all back where we were (AKA the ground) using Scirocco. @Lumi That part was awesome btw.

But since the whole test thing is over, developing characters might be much easier, won't it?

Other people had WAY too powerful a character

...Haha... ha... yeah... Ahem. (where's the hiding in a corner smiley again...)
Been unsuccessfully trying fix that issue, and would've taken much more time without Lumi.

Wait, which other overpowered do we have, except mine? I believe Dyre used to be one, but other than that none of the others are really godlike... Or am I really missing stuff?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:08 pm
Lumi says...

I nerfed Dyre, Isi, Isaac (essentially everyone related to Thor or Loki), Aurora (who was then removed because her author didn't like the changes), and Evoltrick.

The ones on my RADAR right now are Evatt and L, but that may just be perspective due to finishing blows in the last story arc.
-Shinji Moon

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:11 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Personally I believe most of that nerfing was unnecessary, actually. There were differences in the characters' powers, but it's believable there would be in this kind of setting, and making them all equally strong/weak is less believable than that.
That said, I get why you did it and why it's generally done, I just don't agree that OP characters are necessarily a bad thing. If their writer keeps respecting the other writers and whatever is done to the other characters is in agreement with their writers, the fact one character overpowers or even controls another is nothing bad at all. On the contrary, in my eyes it shows that all of the writers are able to collaborate with each other and control themselves, which is a pretty important thing.

But that's not what I came here to say anyway, so feel free to ignore it if you wish. I know I've been promising to write my posts since forever, and I'm sorry I didn't do that yet. I've been kicked hard by offline life before and right now I'm pretty busy. I do have a 35-hour long bus ride to look forward to this weekend, though, so I'll write then xP It's just the question of posting it then >.>
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

40 Reviews

Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:26 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi Oh, yes, I forgot Aurora. Being removed because I wouldn't like the change is something I always fear a lot, so correcting myself while listening to advice remain the safest (and most interesting) option.
As for L, I don't think you'd need to worry about him. I mean... Fire Benders have a pretty incredible potential, as you're probably aware of, and although his finisher was incredible, it angered Scirocco more than it truly damaged him. And it completely drained L. I'd say the same thing for Evatt.

@AriaAdams
Hm... I think trying to balance characters flagged as OP is quite interesting, because it challenges you. It forces you to exploit your character to the fullest in order to find stuff that'll drag him down, and then make him try his best to overcome those weaknesses.
I still think you have a point though, that's a way to view things.

Well it's going to be my turn soon enough so frankly, I can relate. For now I'm in vacation, but after the next month, school will restart for me. LAST year of school. And you all know what that means...
Last year of school is always the busiest one, so I'll have barely any time to write.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:33 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

There is no problem with having incredibly strong characters in a SB IF their writer is conscientious of this.

unfortunately what often happens is this character tramples over everyone else OR never has any challenges.

If you can keep your uber strong character realistic then go for it- it's just writers who won't let their character ever be challenged by something that really causes issues. (Or at least for me, because it's not realistic that every challenge is easy as pie, every problem solved as quick as a wink. )
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

40 Reviews

Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:23 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Shadowlight
So far I didn't feel like the problems were solved that easily (speaking of everyone in general), even for the OP characters and despite their performances.
As for the challenge issue, well, now's the opportunity for all of us to experience with that I believe. We're all gonna have to interact with each other at some point, and test ourselves and our characters' powers with several in-school activities and such.
For example, me being in @Lumi 's radar, I did plan Evoltrick to have several failures/successes in what he wants to do to avoid the issue you're talkin' about (AKA no challenge), so it feels like something fair, in contradiction to his performance in the test part.
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only who thought about experimenting with characters, so I guess all I can say is: don't lose hope, for the fun part has only just begun!

We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind