z

Young Writers Society

The Fifth Academy For Heroes In Training [DT]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:24 pm
Lumi says...

I'll allow whatever shine wants to do, especially considering the lack of interest from Squad A in the fight.

Regarding Evatt, I know @AriaAdams said a few days ago that she was interested in the prospects of Dyre picking him up since they have a rapport.

Regarding Evoltrick, we still need to be keen on powering him down. Like immediately. As far as his aggressive leadership-y personality, I imagine it'll rub a few teammates the wrong way, maybe cause some drama with Bea (ideas, @chibibo?), etc.

In a few more days of no interest from Squad A, I'll open the fight up to Squad B again--mainly because I don't have the physical or mental energy to micromanage activity in a storybook with such a big-ass cast that there should be about 400 posts by now. I'm just not inclined to care at this point.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:24 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Yay! Thank you for posting, people! Also, who's going next? It'd be nice if @Liv, @Iggy, or @AriaAdams posted next, since we haven't seen much representation from Ruby, L, and Dyre lately.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:15 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@shinethroughthedark You didn't, and @Leahweird wrote according to it.
I have... absolutely no authority over your post, not to mention I find it interesting. And I really don't feel being like "DELETE YOUR WRONG DOINGS, SON!" <-- Just... No. I can't.

Yes! You could totally do that! But then Leah would have to modify a bit of her post too. @Leahweird is it an issue?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:43 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi Thought so. I really didn't feel like asking to delete that, I wouldn't be comfortable with it.
Oh, yes, I forgot Aria was supposed to do that. Right.
Uh, yeah. At least the deal is done, so I guess it's up to me now... *gulp* if it's immediately, then I can post about it. I have an idea. Same for the aggressive part: it's supposed to lead somewhere. I did not plan any particular drama with anyone though, and surely not Bea, since... He doesn't really have anything against her.

It's... kind of unfortunate to read that.

EDIT: Done. That is an introduction to Evoltrick's "power-down for more efficiency" policy, and I wanna expand that idea further as the chapters keep going.

@Lumi Satisfied :) ? Or is it something missing?

@Alvarin @shinethroughthedark I don't have the slightest idea of what Ryou wants to say, so Astasia as a witness or Ryou as a speaker, the ending is just there for one of you to fill the part. Ball's in your side!
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:12 pm
kayfortnight says...

Aria still needs to post for Gareth, too.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:31 pm
crossroads says...

Aria is aware of that. I said I would - I can't exactly control or ignore certain offline things which are holding me back, though.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:48 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AriaAdams Meh, don't worry about that! We don't want to witness a rushed thing anyway, so if time is against you for now, make it your friend next time! I'm curious to see how this'll all turn out anyways.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:28 pm
Liv says...

I'm so sorry I haven't posted you guys! Life has been so crazy busy and stressful that I completely forgot! I will read through everything and make a post today! If someone could maybe tell me basically what has been going on that would be great! And maybe pull my dear Ruby in? Thank you for bringing this back to my attention!!

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:11 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Liv Oh, Liv! It's been... It's been never actually, since we never met! Welcome back!

So, quick summary.
Last time we saw Ruby she was at the arena against a huge Golem. In the meantime, there was an afterparty after this fight (which happened to be a test), and then, after a very short-lived break, a second test was announced, but this time organized as a team battle. Here they are: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18uP ... XIBh0o/pub THe characters are divided as mission squads, and we have to find and defeat an Upperclassmate character called Scirocco the Swift. We first had to actually look for him in the various planet that compose the Academy's world, but after the first one Team B explored, the battle between Scirocco and Team B was engaged. Meanwhile, Team A (in which your character Ruby is) prepared a trap assuming that Team B would find Sciorcco first and eventually bring him down, where he could be ambushed and eventually finished off.

After a seemingly tight fight, Scirocco stopped screwing around on and owned Team B, who were trapped into a high platform with my character being basically chained up and starting a short-lived outburst of frustration.
Drama building FTW.
Meanwhile, Scirocco took the liberty of getting the heck out of the planet bringing Evatt with him, one of our teammates (NOTE: I am in Team B, and my character is a newcomer called Evoltrick).
Scirocco came back to the Academy for round 2, but this time he has to fight again Team A while we of Team B managed to get out of the platform and secretly follow Scirocco (until our cover was blown up by everyone cheering for the other team). Meanwhile, 2 new students arrived, joining the fight with the others.

And now, the battle rages on, with Scirocco using only his Wind powers against Team A. That's it! Any questions?

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:36 pm
Leahweird says...

@tortwag Sorry about forcing things to move on. I had already written and posted before I realized it was supposed to be changed. Personally I prefer to push on unless someone's out of character. First rule of improve and what not.

@Liv Walter laid out a plan of action in regards to team A's fight, so Shady's last post is a good spot for specific information about what Ruby likely is /right this second/, if that helps.

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:58 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Leahweird Nah, don't worry. It's a group mistake, those kind of chain reactions happen all the time, we just need to improvise.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:07 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

I just feel at this point we need to push past this event, to save this SB from a long drawn out death. Push past so we can get to the character development that many of us plotted for- that might renew interest.

My personal opinion anyway. take it or leave it as you will.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:48 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

I was going to scrap this event like two weeks ago and peeps said no. =P

At this time, though, I'm just gonna let you guys take the wheel. I don't have the energy and time to invest in running Game Master. That said, I'll show up again when the next issue comes out.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:53 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi Well the next part is both teams fighting against Scirocco, so HOPEFULLY we SHOULD be able to be more active, especially with Summer Break.

@Shadowlight True, definitely looking forward to that part.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:15 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

Bonjourno, principesa!

Okay, sorry. I just love that movie.

Just a reminder to those writing; as soon as Scirocco puts one foot on the ground, the ground collapses beneath him. 'Cause of mermaids digging underground tunnels filled with water and whatnot. Fun, right?

Note: It does need to be a pretty specific place, and no, the students won't fall in because it needs to be hit with something big, like a lightning bolt, before the ground collapses.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.
— Corey Ford