z

Young Writers Society

The Fifth Academy For Heroes In Training [DT]

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:50 am
therealme says...

I have finally made up my mind. My character will enter the storybook AFTER the challenge, only because I don't really have time to post right now since I have exams on :/
So @AriaAdams and @kayfortnight you two can post now without my character if you want to. I'll just wait.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:12 pm
Lumi says...

@AriaAdams: So if we were to further develop our Dyrevatt chemistry, she/he may find it alarming if s/he recognizes Evatt as the guy who fell from the sky with Scirocco. SEND ONE TO CARE FOR HIM.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:20 pm
crossroads says...

YES I'LL BE RIGHT THERE. As soon as I eat, I'm doing my posts.

Which Dyre do you want? xD
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:25 pm
Lumi says...

THIS DECISION IS TOO BIG FOR ME.

If it's Dyreman, there could be solid BROTP formations. And also a possible reader queertease. If it's Dyrette, we get more of the formation we had in Issue One.

...so Dyreman, yeah? xD
-Shinji Moon

60 Reviews

Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:29 pm
therealme says...

Lumi wrote:So if we were to further develop our Dyrevatt chemistry,

WHAAATT!? Hold up. There will be Dyrevatt chemistry? :D Ooh, this will be very interesting! I hereby accept this pairing. I mean I know that Dyre and Evatt shared a few moments together before, but will it get more serious now? I sure hope so.

AriaAdams wrote:Which Dyre do you want? xD

Hahaha god I love your character xD @AriaAdams

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:36 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh, true, I forgot those two had a chemistry.
...Hm. I can't wait to get to the free time period. Might got an over-the-top future bone to pick with those two.

@kayfortnight That was a great start-up chapter. And Dutchess' lie was... Nice.
PS: OHOHOHOOOO, yes... I WANT to replicate this Kinetic power soooooo baaaaaaaad... The potential... The things I can do with it.... *mad sigh*

EDIT: Did I ever mentioned Evoltrick's VERY tanned skin color (let's say... almost as dark as mine in the photo, although he is not black)? No? 'Cause I'm re-reading a few pages, and I wondered if I should make a precision about it. My French teachers would take it as a huge offense, but I believe that rule doesn't really matter in an international collective writing now does it?
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:14 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

@therealme

If the headmistress doesn't command Isi to make Jasper forget (which she can't do anymore), what's her reason for seducing him and then making him believe that it never happened?
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

60 Reviews

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:24 am
therealme says...

@Aurora99 I'm not sure, only because Lumi never responded to this:

therealme wrote:@Lumi
Oh :( *deflates* Okay. Would it be out of Wonder Woman's character if she was only doing it for Jasper's protection (so that he wouldn't do something stupid and get himself killed)? And there won't actually be any memory erasing, just pretending. I understand if it's still a no, but it would be awesome if we could still consider it. I'm just trying to get some drama going to make things fun! :)

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:10 am
Leahweird says...

Last I heard he was having medical issues, so he won't be on to comment. I can't speak for him, but I was under the impression that the memory erasing power was a can of worms we are forbidden from opening. Ever. Period.

Drama is all well and good, but I would recommend looking elsewhere.

212 Reviews

Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:18 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

@Leahweird

Yeah, me too. I'm just trying to think of a different reason for my character to do that :).

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:12 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Leahweird wrote:the memory erasing power was a can of worms we are forbidden from opening. Ever. Period.

That.

Also, I've spoken with my invisible board of advisers, and we need to put a reign on Evoltrick's gimmick capacity. At the rate he pumped out power after power after power in Phase One Scirocco, by the end of the entire chapter, he could very well have more powers than anyone at the academy, and that's just not going to fly. Thus, @Tortwag, you have some choices:

1.) Stolen powers expire after one combat encounter.
2.) You may have a total of four stolen powers at once (eight if buffing others).
3.) Your gimmick replication output takes a large energy toll, with your energy pool increasing as the storybook progresses on an uneven algorithm veering slightly in your favor the higher the storybook goes in post count. (example where E is total energy, and p is posts:

Spoiler! :
E = 100 + p + 0.01E∀0.05p

That reads as

Energy pool is equal to base 100 plus post number, with an additional 1% Total Energy for every 20 posts made (does stack with itself with diminishing returns).
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:20 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi Ah! Choices, choices...

Hmmhmm...

Just a question before being absolutely sure, please.
Providing he can carry up to 8 G-Eggs on him for choice n°2 (because he will buff others eventually), is this the only limitation? The number I mean (aside the energy toll I talked about page 6). Because if so I may have a decent suggestion for that.

If Evoltrick replicates a power but he's already carrying his max amount of G-Eggs (4 or 8 if buffing), the copied power will automatically be stored but he can't use it right away. That'll force him to take less powers with him in order to copy and use a certain amount of them in the battle, thus putting another limitation to his variety (and thus weakening him quite a bit, since Evoltrick = unpredictable variety).

If so, I believe 6 powers is a fitting number to carry, providing you agree with suggestion above. 8 is... Kind of enormous to me, 4 not much compared to it, and 6 just in the middle. Plus he has an irrational reason for the 6 case, said reason being introduced partially for the limitation purpose.
D'you think this suggestion mixed with Choice n°2 can solve the problem?

Note: Panzaro is an exception. He's not a power, he's an actual bird with superpowers. Evoltrick always carries his special Egg with him, and Panzaro is the one losing energy from using other Gimmicks than his natural armor change/ magic seed throw abilities.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

212 Reviews

Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:56 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

Alright, let me make this perfectly clear :). NO memory erasing is happening. I realize that it would be way out of character for WW to tell anyone to erase memories. I was simply asking therealme for an alternative idea. One that does not involve memory erasing.

The idea that therealme and I had was that for a'x' reason, Isi would seduce Jasper and then sneak out before he woke up, and then tell him that nothing ever happened between them. Really, there's nothing remotely magical about that, but gives cause for a lot of drama. :). Approved, @Lumi?

60 Reviews

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:12 pm
therealme says...

@Aurora99 Haha yes I know now xD

The big question mark is what exactly will be 'x'? I'm racking my brain trying to think of something.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:28 pm
Lumi says...

@Tortwag, sure. Both of those things work for me; just be consistently aware of how powerful your character is compared to the others. When in doubt, use Evatt, Wade, and Kya for your benchmarks.

@Aurora99: I'm really not sure what you're planning with seduction or why you're planning it, but I'm interested in knowing whether it will be charismatic seduction, or rape as disguised by the word 'seduction' in Succubus, Incubus, and Siren mythology. Because, if I'm being honest, I'm more inclined to find a death or expulsion for a character who rapes another student.
-Shinji Moon

If you are tired remember it's a sign that you haven't expired
— fatherfig