z

Young Writers Society

Location Unknown: Mission Failed DT (2014)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu May 15, 2014 2:55 pm
ScarlettFire says...

@Shadowlight, that's true.

Profile incoming. Just double-checking it and doing a quick edit/rewrite and I'll go post it.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat May 17, 2014 7:45 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Double posting, but yeah.

Profile's up. @Lumi if it's okay, let me know. If not, all good. *lays on DT*

@Auxiira @Shadowlight you wanted to know when it was up?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat May 17, 2014 1:26 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Having completely forgotten that Ry is going on holiday from today (have fun, hon!) who'd like to run into Lizzie at the bar? I'm all for it being anyone at all.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun May 18, 2014 7:50 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Don't tell my character, but...

So, Grif asked Adelaide to move the SPEW Gryphon, with the idea that she would be on board the Gryphon to take care of things while he was gone.

Adelaide, not surprisingly, has different ideas. One of the things she likes about Grif is that he always seems to find trouble. There's never a dull moment. So, she likes to stick around with him, even if he doesn't want her too.

This is one aspect. But another aspect is that Grif is now on board a new ship, surrounded by potential hostiles without any intel or intel gathering capability. Adelaide is clearly ideal for such a role.

So, she writes a sub-routine for the SPEW Gryphon, puts it in charge of the navigation program; and then sneaks aboard Grif's jumpsuit. She omits telling him anything about this because she wonders how his behavior differs when he thinks she's absent.

Once aboard, she sneaks into Persephone's computer, the only sign of her infiltration is an energy surge that looks like a static electricity discharge. This allows her to follow Grif and look for signs of trouble.

This arrangement has an ancillary benefit. When Persephone does run into trouble, Adelaide will be in a position to help, but the SPEW Gryphon will not be in a position to rush in and save the day, on account of communication relay failure. No communications, no Gryphon.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

67 Reviews

Sun May 18, 2014 4:18 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Everyone's going to the bar xD

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136

67 Reviews

Sun May 18, 2014 4:39 pm
Auxiira says...

apparently so xD

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun May 18, 2014 4:46 pm
Shadowlight says...

Well we got the two pieces of hot tail there. xD Lizzy in her jumpsuit- men like a good challenge and Evi's there with her 40's old world style. xD of COURSE all the men are headed to the bar.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

863 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 18, 2014 5:22 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I've been thinking about Grif and the bar. Grif's character is very introverted and doesn't have a lot of experience with people. He is also trying to maintain a low profile.

What I'd like is for him to become very uncomfortable. Ideas:

1. @Rydia: Since Grif is doing his best to avoid attention, Shaun could mistake him for being gay and start flirting with him. Grif, unused to that kind of attention, wouldn't know what any of it means.

2. @Lumi: I think that when Roan goes to talk to Shaun, he should be right near Grif and use non-specific phrases like "suspicious behavior." The idea is to give Grif the idea that someone is looking for him, without explicitly using a name or gender.

3. @Auxiira: You might also want Lizzie near Roan, so that she also tenses up when he starts asking about suspicious behavior.

4. @Leahwierd: I'm not sure how or why, but I think that Adam should knock Grif out. Maybe Grif says something that offends him, or perhaps someone else does and Grif gets in the way of Adam's fist. Grif does have super-human strength, but he can't use any of it without drawing attention to himself.

5. @Shadowlight: If Evi makes a pass at Grif and Grif doesn't catch on, it would make everything very awkward and would reinforce Shaun's suspicions that Grif is gay.

End result: Grif is hit on by men and women to his substantial confusion; he is now sure that Roan is looking for him, and he has lights knocked out. Which is actually pretty typical for Grif when he enters a bar...

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Sun May 18, 2014 5:28 pm
Leahweird says...

@Griffinkeeper Adam is a little hot head, and if he felt Grif was staring at his arm too long or something, or made some uninvited comment about it, Adam would start a fight

42 Reviews

Sun May 18, 2014 5:36 pm
Shadowlight says...

OH LORD, Griff I LOVE this Idea. xD
I am co writing a post with Auxirra right now in which both Lizzy AND Evi are getting drunk. xD and Evi is an affectionate drunk and she does admit the "Guy who just entered the bar is really cute" SO yes, she will make a pass at him.

67 Reviews

Sun May 18, 2014 5:43 pm
Auxiira says...

Lizzie would love the prospect of a fight, @Leahweird, especially seing as she's getting wasted >.<

@Griffinkeeper, she'd try and stay away from Roan, really, and as previously stated, barfight a-go-go xD

863 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 18, 2014 10:11 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I've got some idea of how the bar scene will go for Grif. It's not a single post; but might be best broken up into segment. If anyone wants to claim a segment of it, they're welcome to do so here.

Here are my notes for the scene:

SETTING: The Bar

ENTER Grif. He looks around and surveys the bar and its patrons. There is more people here than he thought there would. He thought that it would be mostly empty and that he might get some discreet information about its inhabitants. The current activity level is too overt.

Before he can leave, he is spotted by the two ladies drinking at the bar. They offer to buy him a drink and Grif hesitates. On the one hand, drinking with them would raise his profile; but leaving would do the same. At the end, he decides that talking with them might give him the info he needs. So he does join them and orders something non-alcoholic, like a Roy Rogers or Shirley Temple.

He identifies himself by his current alias, "Harry Potter" and asks them questions about who they are, what they're doing, life story stuff. He's not looking for anything particular, but if it has to do with ships he'll get more interested. As the post continues the ladies get progressively more intoxicated and much more aggressive in their advances. They also are becoming quite loud at this point, which is drawing more attention then he'd like. So Grif quickly, but firmly, leaves to another part of the bar.

At this point, the bartender offers him a drink and flirts with Grif as well; which makes Grif very uncomfortable. He went over there to avoid that feeling of being hunted, but now he is getting that same animal vibe from the bartender.

Enter Roan. The appearance of the Captain gives Grif a temporary reprieve, but he is alarmed to here the Captain starts asking the bartender about any unusual behavior. Grif and Roan exchange looks and both of them sense, even if they don't know, that the other is a leader of some kind. Grif pays for his drink and begins to leave, when suddenly Evi throws herself at Grif in some sort of last ditch romantic embrace (Got this idea from the phrase "Just don't let me throw myself at a guy.") This catches Grif off balance and they both tumble into Adam, spilling his drink and generally provoking him.

Pandemonium breaks out at this point and a bar fight continues until security arrives to end it.

42 Reviews

Sun May 18, 2014 10:14 pm
Shadowlight says...

I think Auxirra had something else she wanted Lizzy to be doing

SO I will gladly make Evi accost Griff. xD besides she's the ships counselor he can learn WAY more about the crew and people on the ship from her than anyone else. and she's a flirty drunk.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon May 19, 2014 12:38 am
Lumi says...

Grif, that all sounds like "Here's how I use every active cast member of this storybook to make asses out of everyone except Grif."

Roan and Isaac have specific necessity to be visiting the bar, and the patrons present wouldn't act in such a way with the captain within earshot. Of course, it's up to each writer, but make some NPCs to hit on Grif or something--especially since only the Roan part is relevant to Grif's character plot.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott