z

Young Writers Society

Hybrids DT

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:17 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Absolutely! Please post your character profile as soon as you can. :) We had a couple people drop out and I want to get the plot moving forward fairly soon. Love to have you aboard!
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:31 am
Robusto says...

Who all has dropped out?

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:41 am
Evander says...

Who dropped out?
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

Reviews: 4
Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:33 pm
danickname says...

I submitted a character! He's another Hybrid. Is that okay?

54 Reviews

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:47 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Well Sloane dropped out from IAlreadyDied. I'm also assuming the other people I PMed who haven't gotten back to me yet are also out. Though, I'll leave their character in case they decide to join again.

Another Hybrid is fine. :)
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:46 pm
danickname says...

Hey guys! I have a noob question. How do character interactions work? If I wanted my dude to talk to someone in-story, do I just add that on? And does the other guy just go along with it? I'm sorry, I haven't been all that active on the storyboards.

24 Reviews

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:42 am
View Likes
Robusto says...

When writing with someone else's character, its good to see how they've reacted to others throughout the story. Of course, the owner of the character has to be at least a little bit flexible, as some mistakes can be made. Just make sure you do enough research on another persons character before using it.

54 Reviews

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:13 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Thank you Robusto!

Exactly what he said! For instance, if a character is super quiet and sticks to him/herself. He won't go bounding out throwing confetti, holding sparklers and introducing himself to you. ;) Basically I'd just go through and look through someones character profile to double check...or if you don't feel comfortable talking to another's charrie just yet, why don't you have an intro with your character talking to a scientist or a guard? :)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:30 pm
ToBeMe says...

Hey guys,
I'm a little confused. What exactly is going on with the Hybrids SB? Nobody's posted in a while. Is everyone going to escape or is it just Kata and Drellis? Also I though Ibounce said Kata was going to be one of the hybrids that stayed behind and worked with the scientists? I'm sorry if I am wrong, just a little confused at the moment while I'm trying to work on a post.
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

24 Reviews

Thu May 01, 2014 1:12 am
Robusto says...

I plan to post as soon as someone else does. I was basing Kata's choice to escape off of what I read in the character profile, and so I'm still uncertain as to whether or not she'll escape with Drellis or not. Hopefully future posts will enlighten things, but if it takes to long, then I guess I will post again.

54 Reviews

Thu May 01, 2014 3:13 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

I was also trying to wait to post. I just posted recently. I would say wait on actually escaping (for instance, they need a plan first...maybe working with others to find a way of escaping).

24 Reviews

Thu May 01, 2014 3:36 pm
Robusto says...

I wasn't planning on having my character escaping just yet. Maybe a few failed attempts. What would be the punishment for escape attempts be for the Hybrids?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu May 01, 2014 3:59 pm
ElectraHeart says...

I totally forgot about this could someone catch me up?
Used to be: IAlreadyDied
But that doesn't mean I'm still the same person.

Thu May 01, 2014 7:16 pm
danickname says...

@IAlreadyDied
Yay, I have a chance to contribute! I'm fairly new here but I've read up on the entries that have already been posted, so I can give a rough outline on what's happened. I apologize in advance if I make a mistake.

Here's the gist of it; we're right in the middle/about to finish 'social interaction' (it depends on whose entry your following), a thing where Hybrids hone there skills and interact with other subjects. But there's a lot more going on. And I'm going to list down everything that I can remember. So please brace yourself for a massive wall of text...
The Hybrids have just finished the latest batch of experiments that have been thrown at them. While on their way back to their rooms, they are pulled over by the guards and sent to Gym/Recreation Room, where an apparently routine event called 'social interaction' is about to take place. During social interaction, Hybrids are expected to hone their skills and (of course) interact with one another. There, we find out that most of the main (when I say main, I mean everyone who isn't an NPC. That basically means everyone who joined the storybook) Hybrids who have already been introduced have started building interactions with each other. Outside however a shady figure, known only as the counselor, has been conducting his own experiments and has been relaying the results to Dr. Sebastian Granandos (he's a PC, WhiteTiger93 runs him). Who is apparently our main antagonist (or at the very least main roadblock) for the time being. As both have been planning something far more sinister for our heroes. Oh and people are starting of thinking of plans to escape.
That's about it. If you want to know what's happened to the individual character arcs, I'm planning to start making a mini re-cap of everyone's stories and post them (a. when the SB ends or b. if someone asks).
Last edited by danickname on Thu May 01, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

54 Reviews

Thu May 01, 2014 7:19 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Robusto - Oh it won't be fun, but you can get creative with it!

IAlreadyDied - Hey there! Glad to see you are still in this! :) Well, not much honestly. Basically the Hybrids met in the gym for physical activity/social interaction. You can however make conversation with someone as they are leaving the gym. That time is about up. Basically everything that danick just said. :)

Now it's up to you on what your Hybrid is going to do next. Should it be time for their daily experiments? Maybe he/she accidentally trips a guard and he punishes her. Is there romances/friendship blossoming between Hybrids? Will they meet in private to talk about escaping? Etc, etc. Have fun with it! :D

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio