z

Young Writers Society

The Hunters and the Hunted D.T

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:16 pm
ajruby12 says...

Here's where to chat about... Well, whatever. :)
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:33 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Could you expand the explanation a little? When is the era of time travel? What other advances have humanity made?
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

109 Reviews

Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:42 pm
ajruby12 says...

Yes, I am working on expanding but it should be explained fairly well in the story line. The date that everyone is in is pretty much free to what you want to do, as long as you stay with the mission.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:44 am
VampireSenshi says...

A question and a character submission for approval:

First the Character:

Name: Quentin "Twitch" Espinoza
Side: (Hunter, hunted) Hunted
Abilities: Very quick, and agile, parkour and martial arts practitioner. Knows his way around small arms like knives and hand guns / and his wit is almost as quick as he is
Personality: Hyper-active, a little abrasive and annoying because he's very sarcastic and hardly lets you get a word it. But respectful of authority when it's appropriate, extremely dependable if he's interested in the cause or you're paying him enough.
Biography: The son of a laid-off factory worker in modern era Menicia, a young Quentin decided he would make his living working the streets seeing his father lost his job to the increasing encroachment of robots in the work place (them being a cheaper work force). So he quickly and surreptitiously slipped into a life of crime. Doing drug deals and simple robberies to begin with and then sinking lower and lower into grand larsony/murder once his father died of cancer years later - before finding himself among the hunted who put up an offer that he couldn't refuse.
Extra?: He has a ring that he plays with a lot, and he favors a supped up Taurus Model 85 revolver (updated to fit modern weapons technology of course, pictured here http://tinyurl.com/nyhysws)

Now Question:

So forward time travel isn't possible - as a loophole say I want to travel back a long my particular time like this. Say I am in my room and it's December 28th 2012 at 12:00 and I travel back in time to October 7th 1968 at 12:00 - could I travel back in my own timeline to when I was still in my room on December 28th 2012, but like at 11:59? So I went back in time with my particular timeline as a reference point? Or is that not considered a valid loophole and therefore forbidden?
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

109 Reviews

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:20 am
ajruby12 says...

The character is definitely approved, but please be sure you put it in the
character list.

Now, about time travel. Yes, going farther into the future isn't possible, but the team base is as far into the future as they can go. There are restrictions however on how much they can travel. Time travel machines take a lot of energy to operate (from your body), so a normal person could only travel 2 times in a day or 1 very long travel. Another thing to keep in mind is that all the time travelers age normally, so going back wouldn't change how they age.

30 Reviews

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:26 am
VampireSenshi says...

Alright I understands - that just seems kind of impractical for like meeting one another unless there were set locations in time to be used as meeting locations because you couldn't go forward to meet with the rest of the team once you past that specific time. Or is that on purpose?
<YWS>
<NE1>

109 Reviews

Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:08 pm
ajruby12 says...

Well, you can try to imagine it like a house that's being built. You can go to previous floors, but obviously you can't go where there the floor hasn't been put yet.

30 Reviews

Thu May 01, 2014 12:47 am
VampireSenshi says...

Oh that's a great way to think about it.
<YWS>
<NE1>

The author of my life has some ambitious ideas for me to become a super villain
— FireEyes