z

Young Writers Society

The Bridge, DT

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:48 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Hello? @AriaAdams
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:14 pm
crossroads says...

Hello ;)

As much as I would've liked to reply right away, uni got in the way. Also, submit your profiles so we can start, y'all ;)

Yes, your character can have powers and they'd work. They can be from a mythology/folklore story or a fairytale (so not any modern novel, we're not throwing Harry Potter or someone alike in there), and you can completely rip him/her off from their story (and that'd turn this basically into fanfiction, I guess), but I would prefer to see some imagination and a twist or two added to it. And they don't need to be a specific character - like, they can be a celtic mythology-type fairy, whom you'd create after a type of being, but not after a specific person c:
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

433 Reviews

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:37 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

How about Arthurian legend?
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

433 Reviews

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:48 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Wait, forget it. I shall be an elf.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:48 pm
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Hola! Introducing your crazy Fia!
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:11 am
Robusto says...

If you have your own personal character (like a persona) that you have used in your own stories before, are you allowed to use them for this? Or do they have to be in some way related to mythology. (If they have to be related to mythology, then things could still work out for my character, unless Aesop's fables aren't considered mythology.)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:44 am
Shadowlight says...

Those wwould work I'm sure. :3

Aria said characters from stories, Fables, Myths and legends

and the fables are almost all of those :3

My character isn't from a story per-say, she's an archetype. a Oracle, but I made up most of it but took other bits from LOTS of stories. :3
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:35 am
Robusto says...

Ok, thank you for the information. Debating about making my character a son of Anubis, or using my own character and making him an incarnation of a character from one of the fables. Anubis son would be a villain, and my own character would be hero.

42 Reviews

Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:47 am
Shadowlight says...

Well if you want to be a villian you could totally be hunting down my Oracle. :3 I"d be willing for that.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:59 am
KingLucifer says...

XD Mine is basically a roman Jason, only Immortal by unknown circumstances which will come to light, later.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:48 am
Laure says...

Hm, I'm not sure about this one. Mine is actually a character from Shakesperan play but it sort of relates to mythology. Is Puck from A Midsummer Night's Dream.

42 Reviews

Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:50 pm
Shadowlight says...

Puck is from a story, and he is a fay/elf and there are SO many of those scattered throughout literature and myths. I'm sure that's what Aria wants. :3 Right Aria?! You've gone quiet love- COME BACK!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:08 pm
crossroads says...

I'm finding it pretty awesome how y'all answer each other's questions xD
Shadow is right, Aesop's characters work, as well as creatures like Puck. We do need more villains - those who want the Prince away from the Kingdom, that is, and some who might want to use that as a distraction to get something even worse.

I also just realised I haven't approved my own character for quite a while //fail
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

42 Reviews

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:56 pm
Shadowlight says...

Sorry I keep answering Questions.... *bows head in shame*

You are the SB goddess, I am but a lowly worm crawling through the grass. *wink*

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:01 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

HI. SOMEONE CALLED FOR A VILLAIN.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

constant state of confuzzle
— Quillfeather