z

Young Writers Society

East of the Sun, West of the Moon DT

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:18 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Is it bad that I see non-PG scenes with all of them involved when you insist like that?

Err.. I would like to work out West's moments with Sebastian into my history, if we agreed on them knowing each other.. so thoughts on that? xD
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:23 am
View Likes
RurouniOfLife says...

AriaAdams wrote:but maybe North-South-West-East could be the order in which the sisters would need to get those things from them?

*Thought it was reversed <u>''* I didn't read the story either, but I did look it up on Wikipedia <u>'' *That's how she got the idea that North should, like, be the oldest and what not, ya know? :3*

I'm cool with having them at around the same level of power, just different though X3 Although what I recall from what I read is that North was the only one who knew where East of the Sun and West of the Moon was <u>''' So maybe North's thing could be more raw power, ya know? :3 (While South/West/East got him beat on other things, like heat or control or cold :3) Up to @LiptonCookie as well, though X3

And @Shadowlight , about the wind gender thing: Ok XD
Lead, kindly Light. . .
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me

(*Was previously KatKage. Sorry for not saying earlier! ''X3*)

~*~ Love is the Answer ~*~

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:29 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

@AriaAdams Dirty mind! get it out of the gutter. Lol I want them all male to balance the genders in the sb- otherwise there would be WAY to much estrogen.

And as for Sebastian and Westie's knowing one another- I can see them being friends... Raising hell as little ones, Sebastian is a rather even keeled and gentle soul- he's like the pepsie Polar bear compared to his Cold mother.. so he'd follow along with the less mean of Westie's schemes. :3 but how about this- you write up what you want in your profile and if I have issue with anything I'll Pm you? Kay?

ALSO- Have the sisters/Kei's writers been plotting with one another?

Also THe rest of the queens have been rather quiet- what's up my darlings?! Plot! Join the circus~
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:46 am
View Likes
Leahweird says...

@Avalon Irra definitely wants to drive a wedge in the sisters to make way for her own plans. So she would definitely do something like that. But it's up to ReisePiecey whether the Summer-queen would need motivation XD

And we were plotting, but I haven't seen much of them the last few days. Probably reall life stuff needs attending to. We'll get there though.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:49 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Dx So are we following the story or not? If yes, then fine, North knows where it is, but I thought we just said we're not.. are we?

In any case, Westie (I like that nick) would totally tell them he knows it and lead them around for a while until they figure out he's playing them, or get imprisoned or something >_>
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:50 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

I just keep thinking Snow White and the Huntsman for some darn reason.

EDIT:

I still don't know what story y'all are talking about.

@Leahweird I was just about to PM you, girly. I think Malinda would have had thoughts of taking over the seasons, being that's just the way she is, but the prodding from the Troll Queen would kick start her actions and give her a legit reason.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

42 Reviews

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:59 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

okay because of confusion.

This SB is a combination of two old tales.

East of the Sun west of the Moon AND The Snow Queen.

(you an find VERY short versions on Wiki and online. there are dozens of retellings- they are VERY old fairy tales. )

And we are NOT bound to follow the plots of the old stories- this is OUR version. :3 you can take inspiration from them but you don't have to follow them.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:10 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

To be honest, I never heard of East of the Sun, West of the Moon until now. But I looked it up and it sounds like the story of Psyce and Eros story from Greek Mythology.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

136 Reviews

Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:27 am
View Likes
Leahweird says...

It's the same story migrated a bit. The way Persees and Andromeda becomes St. George and the dragon.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:04 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Hi guys, sorry, college has gotten in the way - but I am heading home right now with the flu so I will have unlimited plotting and SBing time :) profile up this evening, promise! :)

I'm a big fan of these two tales. East of the Sun, West of the Moon is probably my favourite fairytale and if you guys haven't read it and would like to - which I really recommend just because it's a wonderful read, here is a link to a version on the wonderful Sur La Lune website which is a great resource for all things fairytale - you can see all the different adaptations of the tale and different versions across cultures.

As far as I see the human side of the story going, I personally see two concurrent love stories, however I appreciate I am not in charge of other people's characters! But this is what I'm envisioning:

-Greta and Kei. In The Snow Queen they are childhood friends and Kei is stabbed with a fragment of the Snow Queen's mirror. This causes his heart to freeze (think Frozen!) and he goes off to join The Snow Queen and essentially becomes an evil minion. Greta travels through the seasons to find him and rescue him (my favourite season in the tale is Autumn with the Little Bandit Girl - I know we're changing the ages (are we?) but I'm wistful).

-Elsie and The Snow Bear. I don't know if this is a thing BUT in the tale, a human girl is taken from her family by a great big polar bear and taken to his palace. Every night a man gets into her bed and when she's visiting home her sister persuades her to take a look at who the heck this guy is - so she does, and spills candlewax on his shirt. It turns out to be the Bear who is under a curse and is actually a prince and is taken back by The Troll Queen. And the girl has to travel to find him and gets help off the Four Winds.

So that's how I see the connections to the tales from the SB, for those that haven't read the fairytales. SO firstly:

-is Elsie/Sebastian a thing (Basty is the bear right?! Sorry if I'm mixed up I can't flick between things right now I'm on my iPad)? If so, at what point do they meet?
-maybe Elsie should get kidnapped at some point and the sisters get separated - which is where she bumps into Sebastian - and Greta abandons her quest to go find Kei to go find Elsie - sisters before misters! But at what point is this - and why?
-in the tales they go East/West/South/North I think- North is for sure last - but that's probably because it's a Norweigian tale where the North Wind is so big and scary! :P
-what happens to Kei in our version - is it a mirror fragment or is it something SUPER DARK AND FULL OF FEELS?

thoughtsthoughtsthoughts I'm getting off the train now so I'll talk soon <3
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:20 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

sorry for the double-post - just to say that I have sent my profile to Liv and Leah and once they're happy with it I'll send it onto you, Anne :)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:29 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Good god, guys. You discuss quite a lot. .__.

Anyways, I'll work on my character sheet right now.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

136 Reviews

42 Reviews

Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:38 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Stella you are brilliant and a doll, I love all your little ideas and your summery- it was perfect!

Iggy I am so sorry you came into three pages of this but we've been busy creating the next kick ass SB on yws! (Also we need to plot for our Mother son Duo. Pm me your ideas?)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:49 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

I submitted my character profile. ^^ Approval?

Shadow - read it and tell me what you think. Then we shall plot. I don't even know my own son's name. xD

Also, I have been watching probably too much OUAT. I somewhat based my character off of Cora.. >___>
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

If I'm going to burn, it might as well be bright.
— Frank Zhang