Young Writers Society

The Fifth Academy For Heroes In Training [DT]

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:06 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

Charismatic seduction. :). @Lumi
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:16 pm
Lumi says...

With that being the case, you must respect the second author's right to refuse consent. In general, I would do a lot to clean up Isi, as she seems very messy and incomplete as a character. I don't speak for anyone else, but I wouldn't write her in one of my posts because I just plainly don't understand her or her power struggle shit or metamorphosis...or anything, really.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:20 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi Okay, then I'll go for choice n°2, and 6 powers to carry. I should be able to handle that, and thanks for directions.
Darn, but I need an explanation for last time, since he used a total of 8 powers so far... Or is 8 really not that high? Still unsure about that.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:23 pm
Lumi says...

You sealed the contract with six. =P This won't be a retroactive implementation, so don't worry about Phase One. Just keep tabs on it.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

40 Reviews

Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:05 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi never mind that then. *re-shakes hands.*
Oh, okay then! I'll just try to re-arrange Evoltrick's balance for next part, since I suppose both teams will end up teaming up.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

212 Reviews

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:14 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

@Lumi,

Sure :) and thanks for the advice. And what do you mean by power struggle?
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:58 am
therealme says...

Uh, hey guys? Where are the posts?
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:05 am
ScarlettFire says...

Wait, what? Was I supposed to post in this? I, uh...totally forgot. Is that bad?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:54 pm
therealme says...

Carina wrote:... Plot is the easy layer of coating that can give you the right push in the right direction at the beginning, but there will come a point when the push will lose its momentum, and people will lose interest. This is when character (and perhaps writer) interaction comes into play. For a long-lasting, great SB, it is very inevitable, so you might as well try to piece it together at the beginning...

I read this comment in The School Storybook Syndrome discussion and thought it could help us out. I think one of the reasons why no one has been posting for a while is because there isn't enough interesting character interaction. It's not hard to add a little while characters are fighting Scirocco. Idk.

C'mon people xD I'm dying to bring in my character, but I can't do so until this challenge is finished.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:10 pm
Ciblio says...

OKAY!
I've FINALLY gotten the time I need so that I can write my next post.
Sososososososo sorry I'm a slowpoke. >.<
I'll have it up in no time.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:17 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

Just a note or whatever.

The SB is called Heroes in Training, a big point of the academy is to help the students learn about/how to properly use their powers. Why would they go to school for something they know, if they're walking in with a near mastery it defeats the purpose. Let the powers come slowly and, most importantly, with effort on the student's part.

It can be just as much fun, if not more, for the characters to be fairly incompetent. You can have plots where they fail, and have to put effort into improving. Where they get arrogant or cocky, and then they're unable to follow through. Etc. Etc.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

67 Reviews

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:21 pm
Ciblio says...

Sorry for the double post, but can somebody pretty please tell me where Team Bee is going next, and how they're getting there?
Waittttt- In tort's post, he had Bee say, "...So now we know we can go to the Academy without any problem...Well, putting aside the...Weird bus we're gonna take to go back..."
So I guess I know where they're going, but weird bus? Why is it weird? And what'll it look like? Cause I don't wanna write about it in my post, then have it be the wrong description..

previously:
GuyFieri

40 Reviews

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:01 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@shinethroughthedark I suggest you read my post again to understand it fully, because all the explanations are (normally) made.
The weird bus Bea has mentioned is a twister that allows them to travel from anywhere to any place they've already visited. Said twister is used and described one paragraph before Bea's line. And the "bus" is weird because people usually don't travel via tornado, as far as I know XD

Also, for this round, Team Bee is NOT supposed to go anywhere, as it's Team Kat's turn to tango with Scirocco. We're just gonna rest, prepare a plan, and patiently wait until the other team finish their job with Scirocco.

Anymore question/things you didn't quite understand?

40 Reviews

Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:02 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Note that the only reason why I'm double-posting is to attract attention.

@shinethroughthedark ...Just... Just a few things real quick. I really need to ask this, because I'm not sure to understand.

"After getting down from the platform thing, our team just sat around, or stood around, resting. We watched as Kat's team fought against our opponent." <--- So... On my last post (and Team Bee's last appearance so far), I finished with Evoltrick (and later Bea) implying that the team should lay low for now and plan from where they are, which is the sand planet.

But, according to what I'm reading in your post, Shine, the team seem to have moved to the Volleyball Court in order to rest there which... is... Kind of impossible, because 1: The team is not supposed to leave the planet (someone correct me if i'm wrong about that, plz), mostly because Bea ordered them to plan stuff and 2... Assuming they did travel via Ballad of Gales (the tornado thing), their entrance wasn't missed by anyone.

And although that's a personal point, I wanted to use that for a flashy entrance of Team Bee, but anyway...

Aside that I'm liking that chemistry between Ryou and Anastasia, I really wonder how this'll go in the future. And I wonder what business our vampire dude has with Evoltrick :?

EDIT: welp, looks like my post wasn't read and people are going along with that Team Bee already being there. Oh well. I guess it works. But um... May I ask why aren't anyone looking for Evatt?

67 Reviews

Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:14 pm
Ciblio says...

I didn't delete that post? OH gawsh. I'm really sorry, @tortwag. I meant to delete that cause I had no idea what I was doing. Do you want me to leave it, or banish it?

Edit- I could actually just change their location. xD

previously:
GuyFieri

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
— Captain James T. Kirk