Young Writers Society

Fundamentals DT

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:12 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

My icon in the middle on Janika's and Eloquent's looks so out of place.

Anyway, we're only waiting on three profiles so now comes the standard world-explanation post that I'm sure some of you are familiar with.

There were essentially four lands in the immoral world: The Water Continent, Fire Continent, Air Continent, and the Earth Continent. But when The Fundamentals took down Karzai they had to build a new continent to place him because it would be too dangerous to have him in one of the original four. The fifth continent is the Karzai Continent.

We will have to go through all four continents to make it to Karzai's.

The Water Continent: The Water Continent is where the Water Fundamental descents live. They resemble mermaids once submerged in water and, though they can not control the water because they are not Fundamentals, they can breathe the oxygen from the water and survive in that way. They can survive on land also, but under water is their natural habitat. For their tourist who travel there on vacation, they have an above water world as well, but most of the beauty is underneath.

Spoiler! :

The underwater world is like the above water world but bigger and with more greenery covering the buildings. There are air tubes twisting and turning through the city so people who can't swim as much as they can will still be able to travel around. This is our first stop.

The Earth Continent: You enter the Earth Continent through a giant tree that stands out once existing the Water Continent. You go into the tree only to emerge in an even bigger world. It's like a lush forest, the people live in a city built on top of the trees. The only reason the structure is stable is because it was built by the Earth Fundamentals long ago, the leaves atop the trees appear soft but won't give away to even the heaviest of weights, the trees and leaves of the Earth Continent are the strongest substance of both worlds and can only be manipulated by Earth Fundamentals. They are resistant to even fire.

Spoiler! :
The World.

Spoiler! :
The Entrance.

This is our second stop.

The Air Continent: You enter the Air Continent by climbing up the Earth Continent's highest tree and entering an air tube, much like those of the Water Continent, that pulls you up to the sky. The Air Continent is held up only because there is no gravity that far up in the air, actually the weight of the buildings and people keep it from flying up into the sky. The residents of the Air have to wear special weights on their ankles to hold them down. It's like walking in space, but with oxygen.

The Air Fundamentals, however, do not need these weights. I'll leave you to figure out why, it's quite obvious. They can totally fly, guys.

Spoiler! :

The Fire Continent: The Fire Continent is by far the most dangerous of the orignal four. You enter the Fire Continent through another air tube going far away from the Air Continent, the ride is long only because the Fire Continent has to be far away because the smoke would cause smog for the residents of the Air. There are volcanoes and underground geysers that spit more than hot steam.

Spoiler! :
Image Welcome to the Fire Continent. Enjoy your stay.

Once you make it through the forest - if you make it - there will be a fire temple, the only safe place.

Spoiler! :

This is our last stop before the Karzai Continent.

Karzai Continent:

After walking on for what may seem like forever away from the Fire Continent, the land becomes barren and cold. The only feature of the Karzai continent is the huge castle. That's where Karzai dwells and where we must go to defeat him.

Spoiler! :

We better make it to Karzai, guys!
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

667 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 667
Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:21 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Oh my . . . . the fire continent looks beast!

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:36 pm
View Likes
NightWolf says...

I luv the Earth Continent. Oh, we Earth Fundamentals make da best.
"We're all just stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" The Eleventh Doctor

667 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:41 pm
Messenger says...

No, Air is better. :D

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:41 pm
Omni says...

I cant see the water one. Could any of you guys save it and put it in an attachment so I can see it?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:39 pm
AlmondEyes says...

My element is actually suppose to be Earth, and I had to pick Air :P
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

667 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:42 pm
Messenger says...

@janika, do you want our characters to be friends?

43 Reviews

Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:30 pm
AlmondEyes says...

Sure. I see no reason for them not to be.

667 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:57 pm
Messenger says...

Alright, sounds good.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:43 am
EloquentDragon says...

Wait, wat? I missed something... I thought everyone is from earth? I mean, our earth? Or are they on our earth and then travel to this fantasy world? *Is confused*

Also, how does anyone get around on the fire continent?
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:49 am
Iggy says...

EloquentDragon wrote:................

Wait, wat? I missed something... I thought everyone is from earth? I mean, our earth? Or are they on our earth and then travel to this fantasy world? *Is confused*

Also, how does anyone get around on the fire continent?

Yes, they are all on Earth, until the Service sends them to the Water continent, which is like a spiritual/otherworld place. So it isn't Earth, but it's earth.. make sense?

Once they land in a certain continent, they will need to pair up with a Fundamental of that element. So in the Fire continent, all the Waters, Airs, and Earths will need to pair up with a Fire in order to survive. Same for all the continents.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

667 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:50 am
Messenger says...

Sounds intensely fun.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:53 am
EloquentDragon says...

Ah, I see now.

(And @ReisePiecey, what's an icon? And what is wrong with being between me and Janika?)
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

43 Reviews

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:12 am
AlmondEyes says...

EloquentDragon wrote:Ah, I see now.

(And @ReisePiecey, what's an icon? And what is wrong with being between me and Janika?)

@EloquentDragon: Huh? Between you and me? What between us?

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:12 am
Sassafras says...

@EloquentDragon That's the cutest question ever, but our icons are the little pictures beside our names and yours and Jani's icons are all dark and mysterious and mine is all giggly and I just thought it was funny okay...
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

"Yesterday you said tomorrow, so JUST DO IT."
— Shia Labeouf