z

Young Writers Society

The Neighborhood DT

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:39 pm
passenger says...

Since Noelle unfortunately is no longer able to participate, @Gravity you'll still only have to make one character! As for gender...you and @Editor may have to discuss which of your characters will be which gender (since they can't be the same gender, and you're the last two to create profiles). And a gay couple would be interesting; what does everyone else think about that?

@Basil you're in, and your character has been accepted. ^^

And we probably won't be starting this until everyone submits their profiles. I think the beginning of next week may be a good time to start.
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:42 pm
Sevro says...

I like the idea of a gay couple...nice thinking @Gravity!
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:21 pm
Gravity says...

I'd love to write from the POV of a lesbian... I'm pansexual so that's not weird for me. Who else is interested/comfortable? I understand if no one else is
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:23 pm
Steggy says...

Ooh~

That sounds like a perfect plan! I don't mind doing that c:
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

271 Reviews

Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:36 pm
Gravity says...

I'll work on a girl character. Also, are we supposed to write mild parts for intimacy (sex?) or is that not expected?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:40 pm
Steggy says...

I'll possibly work on another girl? So are we working together then, @Gravity or something?
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

112 Reviews

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:07 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@Stegosaurus @Gravity You can work together if Stego wants to make another character profile. Gravity, you won't be expected to write parts for intimacy, but you can if you so please. ^^

@Editor what gender are you planning on making your character, or are you no longer interested? The main reason I'm wondering is because if you still would like to join, the genders will yet again be unbalanced, and someone else will have to create another character. It's no problem, I just wanted to establish whether or not you're still interested. (:
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

271 Reviews

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:45 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

if they plan on creating a character I definitely don't mind having two @Savvy

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:03 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'll have my character up... somewhat later today. School and stuff.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:55 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Submitted my character c:

112 Reviews

Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:15 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@Stegosaurus, it looks great!

271 Reviews

Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:52 pm
Gravity says...

There is one more male character than there is female character so all the females are paired up and one male is not. So how are we going to manage the lesbian couple and are we going to have a gay couple as well?

112 Reviews

Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:23 pm
passenger says...

@Gravity I believe there's one more female than there is male, unless I counted wrong. If Editor decides not to join, than the characters will be balanced, since you're still going to create a character, which will be female and will be one of the ones in the lesbian couple.

And if Editor wants to join this SB, than it'll depend on whether you want to make the other character, and if so, it'll be up to you and them which genders and of what sexual orientation you want to make your characters.

EDIT: If @Editor doesn't create a profile by Sunday, than the characters will be balanced. And unless anyone wants it to be otherwise, we'll keep it like it is.

112 Reviews

Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:51 pm
passenger says...

So, these are the pairs I'm thinking thus far, just to clear things up:

Ivory and Holden
Haven and Dixon
Loretta and Wilson
Harper and Gravity's character

271 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:16 am
Gravity says...

Is it okay if their abilities are somewhat supernatural? I don't mean like Elsa from Frozen but I was thinking it could be interesting if my character had glimpses of the future and a really good 6th sense. Like she if she could read a person really well and have really good gut feelings that are almost always right along with dreams hinting at the future. Either that or the ability to read minds etc. I just thought something like that would be interesting since this is kinda sci fi in some ways. If not, I can do something more mundane, that's cool

Don't gobblefunk around with words.
— Roald Dahl