z

Young Writers Society

East of the Sun, West of the Moon DT

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:33 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Wonderful! We have a amazing group started! Lets keep going! and if you know anyone please invite them too!
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:29 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

A rose to the one who takes the Queen of Summer, for I hold her Loyal and Personal Guard, The Salamender.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:11 am
View Likes
catcha01 says...

Hello, I would really like to be apart of this may I please be the Spring Queen?
Writing alone can be my escape. Writing with others is my idea of fun

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:03 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Yes you may! Welcome to the group!
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:59 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

CAN I BE GRETA

Please?

Can @Liv and I have a really weird conflicting yet utterly co-dependent sisterly relationship?

AND CAN I HAVE A LOVE INTEREST
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:28 pm
View Likes
Liv says...

@StellaThomas I would LOVE that!! Could Elsie be the younger? I already have my profile almost 100% made for her, and I kind of set her up that way xD Oh! I also gave them a last name - Gable. We can change it if you don't like it We have to talk History before I finish Elsie!!!! I was hoping someone would nab Greta soon so I didn't have to plan everything out myself! xD PM ME!!!

11 Reviews

Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:30 pm
View Likes
Liv says...

OH, and I have a question for @Shadowlight - how do Elsie and Greta know Kei, if at all? What I mean to say is, why are we trying to find him? Do we know him or did we see it happen (him being taken) or are we just good-hearted people? Hahaha

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:23 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

For some reason, I thought he was their brother.

Also, I want a love interest too... Unrequited from either side works for me as well xD my profile shall be up soon.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:53 pm
View Likes
Leahweird says...

I know in the Snow Queen it switches from version to version whether Kei is a brother, or a childhood friend. In any case they live quite close to one another, and are friendly until Kei starts acting weird.

I think close friend is the direction we're going here, for possible romantic reasons....I would love to build up his history with the girls before I finish his profile.

11 Reviews

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:04 pm
View Likes
Liv says...

@Leahweird what if Greta and Kei were together romantically? Like a life long friend turned/turning romance kind of deal? I don't know, you would have to ask @StellaThomas xD She and I are planning Elsie and Greta's history, so we could work Kei in as well!!

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:12 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

For sure @Leahweird! Maybe they could be neighbours in a remote part of the country? We haven't decided if the girls come from a big family or if it's just the two of them - but maybe if it's just the two of them it'd make sense for the three to be super-close?

I am totally up for making Greta have an absolutely hopeless crush on Kei at the beginning - whether that is reciprocated or not is up to you! Unreciprocated might be more fun... maybe he (or ICE!Kei) rejects her and this causes her to spiral into a destructive depression wherein she joins the evil side (not The Snow Queen's side... some other havoc-causing side - Summer Queen?) just to pay back the world for being cruel. Although I don't know what skills she would have that would make the Summer Queen want her.

I read an adaptation of East of The Sun, West of The Moon called 'North Child' (although later renamed 'East') by Edith Patou (think that's her name) that had a lot to do with compasses and maps and directions... maybe Greta has some serious navigating skills - and that's why Elsie brought her along (as well as, of course, being sisters!) Maybe because she's able to find her way to the four winds and the four seasons which is not a thing normal humans can do that makes her a little bit more... desirable? And of course, Elsie should have some reason to be involved in the conflict between the seasons etc as well! Maybe they both have special skills? I'm just thinking out loud!

What would all these powerful queens want with two little human girls?

Oh! I just saw @Liv's comment! Hm, I like this a lot too! Or maybe they're in love but haven't really done anything about it! (it's up to Leah if she wants Kei to love Greta, I'm just thinking on my part). And then obviously Greta wants to go find him but she is too scared to go by herself - and Elsie is the one that persuades her? Or that they just go together?
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

136 Reviews

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:18 pm
View Likes
Leahweird says...

I am so up for having them be really close as kids and maybe some mutual crushing going on, when Kei suddenly pulls away, which ends with him getting kidnapped. Fortunately the girls don't seem to be holding it against them :3 But yeah, Kei and Greta were a thing.

Also, I notices that a long with East of the Sun West of the Moon, and The Snow Queen, we have some Snow White Rose Red elements going one (two sisters, a bear that's really a prince, and trolls instead of a dwarf creature). I'm not sure if that is intentional or just really appropriate, but if that helps with character creation...

Maybe they live alone with their mother? And are possibly visual opposites?

11 Reviews

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:31 pm
View Likes
Liv says...

Wait, is Snow Bear a bear or is that just his name? xD I thought it was just his name

136 Reviews

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:35 pm
View Likes
Leahweird says...

Erm...i hpe that wsn't a apsoiler, but no he's under a curse >:3

136 Reviews

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:37 pm
View Likes
Leahweird says...

I'm just tossing things out there though. You can ignore me for the most part.

Also, I've decided that Kei is the woodcutters son. Other than that his history is pretty much a blank, so go wild sticking him in with the girls.

Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not.
— Elias Root Beadle