z

Young Writers Society

Reciprocated Love

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:46 am
View Likes
AardvarkSlave says...

There Peter sat, his hand slowly creeping towards Nem's as they sat staring at the sun creeping below the gentle waves of the ocean. A smile came over his face when he finally grabbed hers, feeling her squeeze back. Memories of the first time he felt her hand laced with his went through his mind. It was a mere few months ago when she had stumbled into his apartment back from a hard day at work, flopping down on the couch and crying into his shoulder. He remembered holding her gently, his heart fluttering as she vented to him, thinking he could help her. He remembered holding her tightly, an odd feeling rolling around in his stomach.

He looked down, his smile widening at her beautiful illuminated face, a lock of hair resting across the bridge of her nose. She seemed to like it that way.

Still, without thinking, he reached up with his free hand, brushing it from her face and tucking her hair behind her ear. He saw a strawberry color powder itself on her cheeks, her eyes widening. It complimented her tan skin.

His fingers slipped from hers, his hands resting on her hips as he leaned down, his eyes closing. He paused, his face a short distance away from hers; he felt his heart skip a beat when he finally felt the touch of her lips against his.

He couldn't say he had ever been this close to his best friend. When they had first met in the airport, he remembered how she immediately dropped her suitcases and books just to wrap her slender arms around him. He remembered wrapping his own arms around her neck, letting her bury her face into his chest before gently pushing her back, turning and scooping her up into her arms. He remembered twirling her around right there in the airport, all of the stares meaningless when he heard her laughter and saw the gaiety on her face.

Even though he had shared many moments with her of such deep affection and adoration, rarely had he dared to even imagine letting his hands slowly travel down her sides and taste her as he was doing now. He never thought he had possessed such emotions for these actions to feel this... natural.

He slowly shifted towards her, his arms sliding around her back and pulling her body close to his in an embrace.

For so many years he had thought of her as his best friend and nothing more. She had always been there to comfort him and help him through his problems. She had always been there to make him laugh and make him smile when he needed it. He was so afraid of hurting her, but ended up causing what he had tried to avoid.

Still, she had stayed for him.

He slowly ran his tongue across her lip, one hand stroking her spinal chord and the other reaching up behind her neck, running his fingers through her hair. He felt goosebumps rise on his skin when he felt the vibrations of her gentle moan on his lips.

Through all the confusion and pain; sorrow and joy that they had experienced together, they had finally ended up here, on the shores of a private beach in Japan. Since the first year they had met each other, they had made a promise they would visit in the future. They had made many promises to travel and see the world together- with each promise, he felt his blood rush in anticipation and felt joy build up when she agreed with excitement.

They had also made many promises to always be there for each other. They didn't meet normally; they had met in a chat room on an art-sharing site. They had wanted to role play. Even so, they were there for each other, having small talk some days and others speaking to each other as if everything else in the world didn't matter.

He broke the kiss, opening his eyes to see hers open as well. Her eyebrows were arched in confusion, but he quickly dove into another kiss, shutting his eyes and slowly sliding his tongue in. He couldn't help but release a soft moan of his own when he felt hers welcome his with exhilaration.

They had promised to always be there for each other, no matter what happened or how many years had passed. They had a bond that couldn't be severed; they had defied the time-limit set on most relationships by staying together for years. They had always been there for each other through junior high, high school, and college. Even with a four-year difference between them, even though she was not close to experiencing the pressure and changes he was going through, she managed to stay there with him and comfort him. She had managed to give him successful advice he always took to heart.

He remembered times here and there where she had tried to drop them all and move on with her life, saying the pain brought from thinking they could never be more unbearable for her. He remembered his heart breaking each time, begging her to stay until finally releasing his grip on his selfishness and letting her go.

He ran his hands down her bare back, gently leaning forward so their bodies pressed together, forcing her to lay down on her back. He grinned as he saw her blush deepen, gazing into her wide eyes with his own half-lidded ones. He knew she always swooned over him whenever he gave her “that look.”

He respected her greatly. Even through the grudges she held against him or the shit she gave him when he didn't deserve it, it didn't matter when he thought of her good qualities. As his blood rushed through his body from his bare skin pressed against hers, he thought of her and her personality- not just her body which he could gladly indulge himself in. Most of his speeches about her he gave growing up with her consisted of the main points he always thought were her best points. He always brought up her maturity and how her age never mattered to him, her compassion and consideration for others, her passion and deep care for those that came close to her- those were things he thought were the most beautiful about her. It had been so long since he had last called her beautiful, though. He rarely told her; the last time was more than half a year ago. Before that, the time between it was even greater. Many times when she was down with low-confidence about herself, he had felt a pang in his chest, unable to see her depressed. He remembered telling her she was a funny, witty, intelligent, kind girl that was both beautiful on the inside and outside. He noticed she instantly cheered up after those very small speeches.

Breaking from a deep kiss they shared, he buried his face in the crook of her neck, leaving moist kisses and letting out heavy breaths against her soft skin as he tried catching his breath. He couldn't yet, though, as he was encouraged by her gentle moans to plant more kisses along her neck and shoulder.

He cherished those rare, fleeting moments whenever she praised and complimented him. She didn't do it frequently, and they weren't lengthy or poetic, but they got her point across and, the less they came around, the more passion and sincerity he knew was stored in them. Sometimes they were when he really needed it- other times would be random and he wouldn't be expecting it. She was a mystery, which made her even more exciting and intriguing.

When helping him, though, she always decided to take the tough love route. Even though he would rather wade in the pity pool, she knew he needed some tough love to straighten him out. Sure, it stung at first, but he always came to quickly realize she did it for his sake.

His breaths became shallower as he felt her slim legs slide up along his own, hooking around his hips and drawing them closer. His fingers tightened around her own hips as he felt his blood boil under his skin and rush down to his midsection, engaging her with yet another kiss.

Their friendship was extremely powerful. It had been very strong the first year they knew each other. After seven months of accompanying each other, they could safely say with pride that they were each others best friend. He loved her self-confidence, how she would stand up for her opinions but be open to others. He admired her strong spirit, whereas, for a long time, he sat in the sidelines watching. Within the first six months of knowing her, he had told her that if anything had happened to her, his confidence she helped him gain would shrink down to a fourth of what it was.

A chill shot up his spine accompanied with a low groan as he felt one of her hands slide down from his neck, gently running over his chest, his stomach, and sneak past the elastic...

Even so, they had stayed friends for years- and only friends. Within the first year they knew each other, she had confessed her growing love to him, but he denied her. He continued to deny her, and yet as she tried to leave, he begged her to stay. A pang of guilt rang through him as memories of these moments passed through his mind, but it soon faded away.

The grief and heartbreak this woman really deserved has been surpassed miles and miles beyond the line. And though a sheet of stone grew over her heart, though her heart was a walnut and took outstanding efforts to pry open, he always treated and held her as if she were made of glass, for he always thought and knew he had the biggest chance of dropping and breaking her. And even though he has numerous times, his own heart shattering as hers did, he saw her grow into more beautiful and complex objects, of which he wanted to learn more about.

And as he shared this private and intimate moment with this woman laying on the warm sand concealed behind the cliffs that overlooked the beach, he felt his confidence shoot up and his heart flutter as the thought he was in love with this woman passed in his mind, settling itself until it was comfortable.

And though she had expressed to him time and time again of her undying love for him, it was only now whilst so close to her tender body he would, for the first time, reciprocate those feelings.

Spoiler! :
Hey guys.
This is basically my love and I, the perspective actually being from my love. This is set many years in the future, though.
Anyways, I think this piece is the longest I've ever spent on anything, and also the most meaningful to me.
You can comment, critique, praise, flame, whatever.
Just know this came directly from my heart.
How cheesy.

**EDIT** Okay, so I edited the story based on a few comments. I'll probably be doing that if people keep commenting and giving advice, sooo, if people say something, you reread, and say you never saw that anywhere or think they overlooked it, you're probably wrong.
Last edited by AardvarkSlave on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
See you, Space Cowboy.

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:15 am
TheMirrorArtist says...

Wow! Steamy; that was hot!!!!
TheMirrorArtist

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:34 am
View Likes
Picklesole says...

Hello! Okay, first things first, this was super awesome, but there are a couple things I'd like to mention.

1) NAMES!!!! Where are they?? It was almost unnoticable until the end, where you kept saying 'this woman.' You were amazing in describing the personalities of the two people. Just...names to label those personalities would be nice. :)

2) Also, during the kissing, the guy is saying how they were best friends, and how they made best friend vows (is that a thing? Oh well, who cares) but I don't believe you mentioned the moment when things turned to more-than-friends. I think that's really important in a romantic short story involving best friends, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong. It's just that you said that this came from your own love and heart and to me something like that would be a very memorable and climactic time in my life that would be worth talking about.

Besides those minor things, I think this was really genuine and sweet!

-Picklesole :D

11 Reviews

Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:56 pm
View Likes
AardvarkSlave says...

Thank you!

Well, I'd first like to say that I didn't put names to the characters because I felt it'd be uncomfortable if anyone who knew us both personally read it. So, I just left it without names- anybody who does know us BOTH would find it painfully obvious, though, so what the hell.

Peter and Nem.

And, this is also written in the farrrr future. Far.
I honestly have no idea what would go through his mind to suddenly view me as a romantic interest, to be honest. I've tried and tried and tried for so long, but he's left me in the friend zone. He's also fallen for my second-best friend.
Arghhh.

Lastly, thank you- I thought this was genuine too, and I really appreciate your review. Truly.
See you, Space Cowboy.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:33 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Hi there Aardvark!

To be honest, this is probably one of the better romantic short stories I've ever read. You may think it's cheesy, but I do not and for one reason: it's from the heart and this is very, very clear in your writing of this. I can tell this story was not forced and you just wrote, steadily and with pace. I really, really, really liked this. Nonetheless, not everything is perfect and so I do have a one or two things to pick, however minor they may be. But let's make this story even better than it already is! :D

Let's start at the beginning. I definitely think that one of the most flawed parts of your story is, disappointingly, the beginning (the first paragraph, more specifically). I found myself having to push past it in order to get to your real writing. It's like you just didn't know how to start. And it seems that almost every noun there is described, however simply. Either way, it was a weak beginning and doesn't quite appeal to the audience in a successful way. I do understand the beginning, the tender touches and all, but just write it how you wrote the rest of this lovely story: tenderly, simply - but not too simply. You just wrote and this is why it feels so genuine and from the heart: you didn't allow yourself to be overwhelmed by an inner-editor or recreate each sentence after you wrote. I can really feel this is from the heart. But not the first paragraph which was really disappointing.

He bit his lip and, before he knew it, was raising his hand to her face

should be raised

Really, there's not a whole lot wrong with this. When someone writes from the heart with genuine emotion, what they write usually finishes with a great outcome. And this is what happened to you - lucky duck! It's a gorgeous piece. I enjoyed it very, very much.

Yours,
Lavvie

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

11 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:42 pm
View Likes
AardvarkSlave says...

Thank you!

I actually edited it, so if you wanna reread it and tell me your opinion(s) again, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I wrote things throughout it- not just changed the beginning- so going through it would also be nice.
See you, Space Cowboy.

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson