z

Young Writers Society

False Face Foward (TheLostOne and TaylorLove)

Reviews: 4
Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:14 pm
thelostone says...

Noah

"What do you mean you don't have him?" I seethed. He had to have him. If he didn't then.. I shook the thought out of my head and grabbed Jake's shirt. "WHERE THE HELL IS HE?"

"Look, I don't-" I cut him off by punching him as hard as I could. He fell to the ground and I threw myself on top of him, scratching, punching, kicking. "Shit!" He cried and held his hands up in an attempt to protect himself. "Harding, knock it off I don't have your fucking brother."

Angry tears welled up and no matter how many times I hit him, I didn't feel any better. "You have to!" I screamed, exhausted.

"Noah!" Jami ripped me off of him. "Noah! Stop it!" I fought hard against her but then stopped. It was useless. He really didn't have him.

"Crazy fucking bastard." Jake wiped the blood off from above his eye and pushed us out of his house.

"God dammit." I sobbed and punched the side of his house, hurting my hand more than his house. Jami put her hand on my back and came around to hug me.

"Hey, we're going to find him, okay?" She whispered in my ear. My body shook with rage and fear. If he wasn't here then where was he?

"What if we don't?"

"We will." She promised. "I know we will." She pulled away and wiped my eyes. She kissed my cheek then pulled out her cell phone. "We should call your mom." I nodded and dialed her number before holding it up to my ear.

"Jami?" Mom's voice gasped. "Are you with Noah?"

"Mom, it's okay." I took in a deep breath and tried to steady my voice. "I'm here."

"Fuck, Noah!" She cried and I was taken aback. She's never cussed in front of me, much less at me. "You can't just leave me like that! Especially after-" She didn't finish her sentence but I knew what she was going to say. "Please come home. You can't do this alone."

"Okay." I murmured and hung up the phone. I looked at Jami and I was so grateful she was with me. "We have to go back."

"I know." She sighed and kissed me. We got in the car and made it back to North Carolina around three in the morning. It didn't surprise me that Mom was wide awake in the living room surrounded by police officers.

"Mom?" I asked, walking closer. She gathered me in a hug and her face was swollen from crying.

"I got a call." She sobbed. "From the person who has Parker. They want money, Noah. Money that we don't have."

"What? Who was it?" I looked around at the officers for an answer.

"Look, son." A bald one with a patchy beard spoke up. "We're working on tracing the call but it's going to take a while. According to the source-" He pointed to Mom. "Whoever it was is giving her two days to come up with the ransom money. I'm sure we'll be able to trace it back in time."

"What if they used a fake phone?" I asked. "One registered to someone else? Is that really all you have?" The anger boiled over again. "How much money do they want?"

"Five hundred thousand." Mom whispered.

I turned to Jami. "We have to find a way to get that money."

"Tomorrow, okay?" She said softly. "We've all had a long day and we need some rest."

"Stay with me?" I asked.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 1
Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:50 pm
TaylorLove says...

Jami

I nod. "Of course. Let me go tell my parents that I am okay and that I am staying over." I tell him.

He nods and I walk over to my house. My parents hug me and I smile. "I am going to go stay with Noah." I say.

My dad's eyes grow wide.

"Dad, no! Not stop thinking those thoughts." I say.

He smiles and hugs me. "That's my girl." He says.

I go upstairs and change into my pajamas. I put on my shorts and a tank top. I pull my hair up and head back over to his house. I don't bother knocking, I just go up to his room. He was just coming out of his closet. He only had pajama pants on and I smile. "Does this bother you?" He asks.

I shake my head and smile. "Of course not." I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him. "He is going to be fine." I tell him.

He puts his face in the crook on my neck and I close my eyes. "I hope so." He says.

He pulls me over to the bed and lays down next to me. I pull the blanket over us and curl up to him. He draws me closer and I lay my head on his chest. "I love you, Noah." I say. "I will always be here for you."

"I love you too." He says. "I will always do the same for you."

I smile and close my eyes. I needed him to be there. I need him. I felt safe wrapped in his arms.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.
— Emily Dickinson