z

Young Writers Society

Unbroken (taken)

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:31 am
PixieStix says...

Acacia

We lie underneath a Willow Tree, his arms wrapped around my torso as I sob, "It's alright, Cher. Calm down, I'll be with you through it all."

I shake my head, burying my face in his shirt. We've always been good friends. He rests his chin atop my head and closes his eyes, "I promise."

"B-But they're all I have," I whisper.

"I know, I know. We'll find whoever did it, okay?"

"And the thing that hurts me the most, is, that the police won't even listen to me. It was a murder, they didn't really get in a car accident."

He sighs, playing with my auburn hair, and it calms me just a little bit, "I believe you."

I take a deep breath, wiping my eyes, "Gramma said I can stay with her, because my parents house is getting investigated. I can't stand to be around their things."

He nods, opening his eyes, and glancing down at me, wiping my eyes and resting my forehead against his like a good friend would do, making me look at him, "Cher, we'll find who did it. Whoever did it. I swear to you, I'll do whatever it takes to make you secure again. You don't deserve any of this pain, you're only seventeen. It's Too hard to Handle. And that's why I'm going to help you through it."

I nod again, taking another big deep breath, and close my eyes and he speaks once more, "Get some sleep. We have a big day ahead of us, Acacia," He whispers, not moving. I nod subcontiously, drifting off into sleep and relying on him to wake me when the sun rises.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 am
ChocoCookie says...

Derrick

It was devastating to see the one I love most to go through the most disastrous time in her life. Some part of me wanted to just hug her so tight, never let go of her ever. I kept telling her that everything would be alright for I already knew that life were full of ups and downs. I was so sure, she'd have her revenge.

Lost in my thoughts, I looked down at her soft cheeks, drowned in a pool of tears which was filled with a lot of hatred, love and sadness. Her eyes were swollen even after they had closed after a tired day of crying. I stroked her shiny red hair. I bent down and whispered to her,

I love you, Cher. And I'll be there for you. Always...

I closed my heavy eyes and slowly, deeply were lost in my world.

x--x
I woke up with the wind blowing onto me, hard. The leaves rustled loud, slightly leaving its essence on Cher's skin. I removed my jacket and wrapped it around Cher. Just so, as though I should have given it a while back, I pulled her to my chest and hugged her tight. I felt her making herself comfortable. I grinned.

"You okay?" I ask, in a whisper.

"Just... The wind's really bad today." she replies.

There's a slight pause but I'm still holding on to her.

"You know, I used to cuddle up on my mom's arms like this..." she says, her voice cracking.

"Cher, I'm so sorry." I let go off her. I didn't want her to feel her parents presence again. They were gone. I knew she would take time to digest the whole thing. But, I didn't want her to remember and feel hurt over them because of me.

"No, its okay." she says, grabbing my hand and letting it tie around her waist. I rest my head around her neck.

"Hey, let's not think about it, okay? We're going to find out who did it. The police will have to be on our side. We'll beat them wrong."

Cher stands up and rubs off the dust off her jeans. I lazily get up and rest myself upon the tree and look at her. She was so beautiful especially her eyes which never left a spark. Her hair were real cherries to me, which made me want to kiss her. But I couldn't. We were good friends. I knew she didn't want to go beyond that after what has happened.

"Where should we start?" I hear her ask.

"How about we take North and check the swamp area first? We'll stop there for tonight."

"Right. I need a favor." Cher turns to me.

"Anything."

"Will you drive me to grandma's first?"
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

125 Reviews

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:31 pm
PixieStix says...

Acacia

He nods and leads me to the car. I jump in the passenger seat and look down the whole time. My family's gone. Everyone. He's all that I have left closest to family.

Derrick studies me as he drives, "You okay, Cher?"

I nod, "Yeah. We there yet?"

"About two more minutes."

I nod again and look out the window, somehow feeling like I'm the depressed girl in one of those sad movies. Now all we need is that sad music. Yeah. That sad music. My mom always loved those movies, how the girl is depressed, but ends up happy in the end. But movies aren't real life. I won't end up happy, like those fantasies.

We finally get to my grammas. She runs out of the house, hugging me and Derrick as soon as we step out of the car, "Come on kids, I made some tea, and we all know how much Acacia loves tea!" She laughs a fake laugh-- trying to make me feel better, and I sigh, flashing a fake smile as well, "Thanks, Gramma."

Just out of no where, another car pulls in the driveway. It looks familiar, almost too familiar. But then it hits me. No.

A young girl jumps out, around my age, and comes to hug Gramma. Sammy. She's always trying to get with Derrick, and it annoys the crap out of me because we're cousins. Because I hate her. Because she's Perfect. Her long bleach blonde hair falls to her torso, tied in a side ponytail. You could clearly see her brown highlights, turned so they're visible. She has big brown eyes, with freckles and a surfers tan. Sammy walks up to me and Derrick as my Gramma walks inside, leaving us outside in the cold fall wind.

"Hey, Cher," she flashes one of her cocky smiles before hugging Derrick and burying her face in his neck, "Heyy, Derrick."

And what kills me is he hugs back.

My heart jumps in my chest and I'm forced to look away, shifting my bag over my arm before they finally break away from eachother. But the thing is, that, Derrick shows no expression, which makes me feel a little better.

"What are you doing here, Samantha?" I ask, glancing back at her.

"Nothing, Cherry Pop," She strikes back. I hate it when people call me that, and she knows it, "And I heard about you're mom and dad. Yeah, sucks because you're an only child right?"

I swallow, "H-How'd you hear that?"

"Gramma told me," She skips inside like one of those preppy cheerleaders that make me sick.

"C'mon," I sigh, Leading Derrick inside.

187 Reviews

Mon May 13, 2013 3:25 pm
ChocoCookie says...

Derrick

As Samantha tried to skin me and Cher, I ignored her almost completely. But I did favor her a hug but the way she was treating Cher was the most that disgusted me, one of the reasons I don't much fancy her. I mean, who would want their parents to die? I let it go.

"C'mon." she says, and leads me in.

Her grandma lets us have some tea and then, we go on to the subject of the murder. Cher looks at me, waiting for me to say the introduction. I begin.

"Me and Cher... You know how they died. It wasn't just a car crash but instead a murder." I see tears being filled up on Cher's grandma's eyes but she's strong, she doesn't show it much. "We're going on an investigation. This may take weeks, months or even years but we're going get justice. We've been thinking over it for a while, and this is what we plan to do."

Samantha is shocked, her eyes are wide. Their grandma is silent for a minute, thinking over the whole process.

"I think this is bad. Of course, Derrick himself can get through this but I'm pretty sure, you need a more sophisticated women with you. I can volunteer." Samantha says, putting her over mine. I snatch it back and put an arm around Cher.

"Apparently, this is Cher's parents' we're talking about. She'll be the one to go with me. I'm sorry, Samantha, maybe next time." I tell her but she doesn't give up.

"I'll come with you! The more, the easier! I have lots of-"

Fortunately, she's interrupted by Cher. "Gramma, what do you think?"

The old lady puts both her hands on the table. After a few seconds, she speaks, "Anything to get justice. Prove them wrong but it sounds dangerous, don't you think?"

"That's why I said I'll go with them!" Samantha squeaks. "I have all the-"

Cher cuts her from speaking again. "We'll be perfectly fine, gramma. In fact, me and Derrick have got it all planned, right?" she says, looking at me for support.

"Y-Yeah. Sure, we have! All planned." I nod my head.

"Okay... Just be careful, Cher. The last thing I wouldn't want is to lose you."

Cher takes grandma's hand and gives it a little squeeze. "I would never go back to somewhere without you. You're my last family, gramma." they look into each other's eyes and I can see they both have the same spark.

I get up and Cher follows me. "I guess its time for us to leave..." I tell them.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

125 Reviews

Thu May 16, 2013 10:55 pm
PixieStix says...

Acacia

I can see Samatha eyeing me down before looking at my gramma, "My daddy's a cop. I'd know what to do. Plus, Derrick knows me better."

My gramma glances at her before looking at us, "Would you mind taking Samantha? She has a point."

I raise my eyebrows and storm out and slam the door. Next thing you know, Sammy is running out with Derrick. I fist my hair before Turing around and looking at her, "Listen, Samantha. I know you don't like me, and I know all your doing is trying to get with Derrick. So either leave, or swear that you won't ruin my investigation."

She smirks, "I don't have a to swear anything."

I sigh, "This is why I don't like you..."
She gasps, and slaps me. Derrick is trying to find his keys in the back of the trunk, so he doesn't see anything. I hold my cheek and fall backwards, my elbows skinned as I look up at her, "Go."

She shakes her head and lifts her head up, sitting in the passenger seat. I watch her before wiping away extra tears and taking a deep breath and standing. I sit in the back and glare at her before wiping away my elbows and bringing my knees to my face.

Derrick sits in the drivers seat, glancing back at me, "You alright Cher?"

I nod and he studies me before looking at Samantha. He shakes his head at her and sighs while he starts driving.

187 Reviews

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:30 am
ChocoCookie says...

Derrick

It was annoying to have Samantha in the car. She kept changing the radio and kept all the lousy songs in the world. I tried not to concentrate much but it wasn't helping and I was one who really needed the chill because I was driving. The silence between Cher and Samantha was getting on my nerves too. It was far better when they were arguing.

"Cher, which route do we take?" I ask, ignoring Samantha.

"Maybe we should be able to go up this mountain and meet with a small cafe, Derrick!" Samantha exclaimed.

"I was asking Cher." I shoot back. Seriously.

But Cher didn't reply. She was just looking out of the window, deep in thought. I wondered why but she hadn't even spoke a word since we got into the car. And I knew it had something to do with Samantha. I decided to go with Samantha's suggestion. We stopped by a small cafe, just like Sam assumed. I got out and so did Sam but Cher didn't. I knocked on the window.

"Cher, don't you want something to eat?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Come on, you need to have something."

I open the car door and drag her out. "I hate Samantha bitch. " she mumbles and I chuckle.

We order for a premium meal which should be appropriate for now. We were almost at our target place for today. I get a beep on my phone but its just some company mail that I haven't through for a long time.

"So, what are our plans for today? We can't keep traveling." I say to the both of them as Samantha sips on her shake and Cher fidgets with the sugar for her coffee.

"Well." Cher spoke, adding the sugar. "The last time I heard where the victim was somewhere at the borders of the States, somewhere unusual where not many people go to."

Cher takes our her map and spreads it on the table. It was a huge map of the United States, almost every district was seen. This seemed to annoy Samantha, quite a lot now that she did not get to enjoy her shake.

"Derrick..." Sam groans and pointing to her fancy skirt. "I got shake over my skirt."

"Snap out of it, Samantha! You're not a baby. Wipe it with a tissue." Cher shoots and goes back to looking. "The thing is, I don't know which direction the victim is now running."

The waiter comes in with our meal. Samantha shows a face while me and Cher start eating. We didn't care what food we got unless and until, we survived.

"Yuk. Don't they have anything non-vegetarian here?" Samantha whines.

"Eat your food, Sam. We can't afford to spend so much." I tell her. "Cher, the last time you told me about this guy was that he was running in the North. We're going that way but you're unsure now?"

"I don't know for sure. But its a good start, at least?" she replies.

We're done in a few minutes and get to the car. I start driving up ahead. Its a rocky road but I manage it. The car was heavy already and I had to fill the tank. I stop by a fireplace, where we're going to stay for tonight. It seems like a good place. I get out and so does Cher and Samantha. We take our tents and set it up.

"I think my tent's torn..." Samantha pouts and Cher rolls her eyes.

"You can take mine. There's enough space for the both of us." Cher spoke but Samantha shook her head.

"I'm not coming anywhere near you. Derrick, is it okay if we..." Samantha says, coming close to me and drawing lazy circles on my chest. Sheesh, what a flirt.

I take Samantha by the arm and I step back. I give her a fake grin. "Actually, mine is too small. And in the case of your tent, I'll fix it up before its too dark. I've got the tools."

I get the tools out of the car and flash Cher a smile. Her beautiful eyes and charming smile turns me on as she laughs. I smile and sit down to check the tent. Its quite obvious Samantha tore it purposely. Cher sets up the fire. We all sit around and get a little warm as the evening sets in.

125 Reviews

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:46 pm
PixieStix says...

Cher

This is interesting. Very interesting, if I must say.

We all sit by the fire and my eyes watch the flames. Samantha scoots closer to Derrick and I glance at her, rolling my eyes and staying where I am. I take a deep breath and stand, "I'm going to go and sleep," I stand, and start walking to my tent.

Derrick stands as well and walks to me, hugging me and burying his face in his hair. I hesitate before hugging him back and he speaks, "If you don't wanna sleep alone, you can come in my tent anytime you get scared. Okay?"

I nod and flash a smile, noticing the slight drizzle of rain starting to put out the fire. I let go of him and go into my tent, laying down and letting my eyes close.

Sometime during the night, the rain started coming down harder, and lightning started to blow. Why do I always have to be scared of that?

I remember what Derrick said and throw on my jacket, opening the zipper and closing it. I sneak over to his campsite and take a deep breath, "Derrick?"

187 Reviews

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:05 am
ChocoCookie says...

Derrick

It was a rough night. There was thunder and strong flashes of the lightening, raining heavily on top of that. The wind was at the verge of blowing away my tent. I knew this day was bad. Something in me was telling me, tonight's sleep isn't going to be a tight one.

I light the lamp next to me and sit up. I wonder how Cher was doing? She's been distracted since Samantha came in. I wrap the blanket over me and start reading this new book I bought last week. I had made sure I got something to amuse myself. I bring the iPod out, plop the headphones in my ear and rest my back against the pillow.

The lightening struck pretty bad again and just after a few minutes, I see tent opening. My eyes shoot up to look who it is. Cher.

"Derrick?" she calls.

"Cher? What're you doing here? You're supposed to be asleep." I tell her.

"Can I come in? The lightening's pretty bad today." Cher says, biting her lower lip.

"Of course, you can." She lends out her hand and I grab it so she can steady herself inside the tent.

"You were right. This tent is small." Cher says, smiling. "Weren't you asleep?"

She sits beside me that we're so close together, I just want to grab her by the waist and kiss her. But I can't. That's what's bothering me right now. I share my blanket and wrap it around her as she cuddles into my arms.

"Couldn't sleep." I reply. "You cold?"

"Yeah, a little." she says in a tiny voice. My arms around her and I rub her arms. She closes her eyes, her face against my chest.

"Why didn't you tell me you were afraid of the lightening?" I ask.

"How did you know that?" she looks up at my face.

"Its pretty obvious, isn't it?" I grin.

She chuckles and takes a look at my book. It was the book she recommended me a month back. She gives it back to me and I start to read again. There was this awkward silence between us. I looked at her again and realise, she's already fallen asleep. I smile to myself and kiss her on the forehead.

"Goodnight, Cher." I whisper.

I keep the book and my iPod back into my bag. The rain was now drizzling and the thunder had stopped. It was just the lightening. I look up the tent, wondering what my mom would be doing now. I was never close to her but I was worried. She was my mother. I could have at least informed her. Anyway, it didn't matter much. What mattered is that I stay close to Cher for whatever she needed me. And if possible, through this, I could express my feelings for her. I switch off the lamp and the tent goes dark. I close my eyes, and drift off to another world.

125 Reviews

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:43 am
PixieStix says...

Cher

I wake the next morning, my eyes red from crying in my sleep. I've always done this since my parents died, and the crazy thing is, that, I don't dream.

Derrick's arms tighten around me as I shiver and he opens his eyes, "Cher?"

I look up at him, "You're awake."

"I know," he chuckles, "Why are your eyes red?"

I shrug and am just about to tell him when someone unzips the tent, "C'mon Der--"

She glares when she sees me, not finishing her sentence, and I bite my lip.

She shakes her head, "I made breakfast."

I stand, walking out to the campsite. I only see she made enough for two and take a deep breath, studying them, "You guys can have it. I'm not hungry."

I'm starving.

I sit down on the wet dirt floor and poke at the ashes from the fire as Samantha smirks and gets herself some. I hate when she does this. All she wants is Derrick, and she didn't even need to freaking come in the first place. I let it go and close my eyes.

187 Reviews

Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:01 am
ChocoCookie says...

Derrick

Okay. This is getting bad. After I refused to have Samantha in my tent, and she saw Cher with me the next day, well. Two girls hanging on my side is not a great thing. But really. I couldn't care less. I didn't like Samantha as friends or more than a friend.

And now, Cher's not eating because she thinks I'm much more comfortable with Samantha. I don't know why she does this. She stays away from everything thinking she' may be interrupting and whatnot.

I take my plate and sit next to Cher. I wave my hand over her closed eyes, and she opens them. She smiles goofily.

"Why're you not hungry? You haven't eaten well at night too. I know you're lying. I can notice if you're lying, Cher." I tell her and plop some bacon into my mouth.

Samantha comes and sit next to me. She looks at me and Cher, and rolls her eyes. "Come on, Derrick. Don't even bother trying to cheer her up."

Shut up, Samantha. I thought, as I glare at her.

Cher seems to have really felt that. She grabs hold of my plate. "Actually, I'm kind of hungry right now."

She gulps down half the things on my plate and gives it back to me, rubbing her belly, smiling to herself. "Well, you're a good cook. I think you should work as a chef. Somewhere down the cafeteria?" Cher comments.

I sigh heavily. At least, things were back to normal unlike yesterday where it was quiet like hell. I eat the last few bits from my plate. I was already full. But I was glad, Cher didn't let Samantha take it all this time.

"Alright, you two. We have to get moving. Where next?" I ask.

Every really new idea looks crazy at first.
— Alfred North Whitehead