z

Young Writers Society

Reality in Dreams

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:47 pm
sasquash says...

This is probably going to be a little rough to start, but hopefully it will smooth out. :D

Dreams. Our little escape in this world. Where we can be whatever we want to be, and do anything at all. But what happens when the dream is also a reality, but just far enough off that we cannot remember it when we awake in the morning? It creates a whole different dimension to this world that we never imagined. Especially if our dreams know everything that happens in the real world. But when two people come together in the dream world, but not in the real world, what do they do? How do they go about changing the reality so they are not separated themselves? That, is what must be found out.

Jaiden Thomas
Appearance: Jaiden is about 6'5'' and has dark brown hair. Hes not the tall and lanky type though, he is pretty beefed up but not exactly a muscle man. He has silvery gray eyes that look like anything from smoke to quicksilver.
Personality: Being a part of the football team at high school, Jaiden is accustomed to being around a lot of guys every day for a large portion of the day. He doesn't generally have time to do much else, but he does love to read. Its one of his few pleasures, to simply get lost into a book, to the point that he becomes a character, and the real world is a far off memory.

You can pick whatever name for your character that you like. Once your character is set up, ill start the story. :smt003
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:16 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa Marshall
Appearance: Pippa is 5'9", she has baby blue eyes that change to a darker color when she gets mad. She has long black hair that she tends to keep pulled back in a braid or a pony tail. She is slightly lanky because of her height and an utter clutz.
Personality: She is quiet most of the time and is kind of an outcast just because she doesn't know many people and is to shy to introduce herself. She spends most of her time doing school work or reading. She can be brave and have friends in the books, they are her escape from the world. She just moved to a new school, though she doesn't figure anything will be different in this school than her last one.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

26 Reviews

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm
sasquash says...

"Roll!" Jaiden shouted as the griffen flew down towards Pippa.

She dove out of the way at the last possible moment and sliced at its paws when she was out of its weight. It shrieked in a high pitched voice as it flew high into the air. It looked like it was nursing its paw, but not really in the mood to chance another slice like that.

"I think we set him straight," Pippa smiled at Jaiden.

"I almost think we should stop reading those type of books in the real world, if this is what we keep dreaming of." Jaiden said with a smile. They both knew that wasn't true. They lived for these moment of terror and adrenaline. That is, when they were in the dream of course. In the real world, they were completely different people.

They looked around for any more signs of trouble and then began to walk back to the cabin they had built over a few nights of dreams. It was more difficult than you would think because each time they went to sleep they had a different idea of what they wanted the cabin to look like. But they both agreed it was beautiful after all the work they put into it. Even now from time to time, they would come into this world and notice a tweak to the cabin and not know who's subconscious had done it.

"How much longer do we have?" Jaiden asked, who looked at the clock.

"Around two more hours. Now what shall we make of this time?" She grinned. They both dreaded the time that they would awaken in the real world and have no memory of each other. It made things difficult, always staying in the subconscious and watching the day go by. Always feeling that little bit of dejavu when they saw the other person for the first time each morning at school.

110 Reviews

Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:29 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa suddenly felt herself being pulled away and frowned.

"Something is wrong!" Pippa frowned, she heard barking and then everything went black.

*~*~*~*~*

Pippa woke up and frowned as she yawned. She walked over to her window and saw her neighbors dog barking at God knows what.

"Shut up, you stupid mutt!" She yelled. "People are trying to sleep here!"

She walked back to her bed and laid down pulling the covers over her head. She wasn't ready to go to school, she yawned and smiled as she thought of the book she had finished reading before she went to bed. The hero always won at the end.

*~*~*~*

Pippa looked around the woods she was in, where was Jaiden? Where was she. She heard movement behind her and she spun around to see Jaiden walk out of the bushes.

"I wish she would stop waking up randomly." She sighed rubbing her shoulders. "Least she didn't go straight to fighting something this time."
Want a Readers crit???

110 Reviews

Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:46 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa suddenly felt herself being pulled away and frowned.

"Something is wrong!" Pippa frowned, she heard barking and then everything went black.

*~*~*~*~*

Pippa woke up and frowned as she yawned. She walked over to her window and saw her neighbors dog barking at God knows what.

"Shut up, you stupid mutt!" She yelled. "People are trying to sleep here!"

She walked back to her bed and laid down pulling the covers over her head. She wasn't ready to go to school, she yawned and smiled as she thought of the book she had finished reading before she went to bed. The hero always won at the end.

*~*~*~*

Pippa looked around the woods she was in, where was Jaiden? Where was she. She heard movement behind her and she spun around to see Jaiden walk out of the bushes.

"I wish she would stop waking up randomly." She sighed rubbing her shoulders. "Least she didn't go straight to fighting something this time."
Want a Readers crit???

26 Reviews

Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:50 am
sasquash says...

"Thats true, but she needs to take some sleeping pills or something. Shes really cutting into our free time." Jaiden grinned. He bagan to swing his sword around.

"You know, im beginning to think Jaiden needs to dream up a better sword, I feel like I've had this one too long."

"You've had it like two weeks now, I dont think that is all two long." Pippa punched him in the arm.

"Hey, dont be so rough." He said jokingly, as he lunged at her. They wrestled on the ground for a few minutes out of a sheer need to do something before coming to a stop.

"You know," Jaiden began," life's unfair sometimes. I don't really understand why we cant be the real world and their world," he pointed at the sky," cant be the dream. Our world may not make sense some times, but thats the fun of it. We get all the adventures while the only thing they get to do is go to school."

Jaiden looked down, feeling frustrated.

110 Reviews

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:03 am
TNCowgirl says...

"Because, if we were related there would be no need for dreams. Life would be to interesting." Pippa replied with a shrug laying back on the ground and looking up at the sky. "If life was this interesting then no one would want to sleep because they would enjoy it way to much."

"I guess that makes sense, but why can't we at least communicate with ourselves. I mean we could help them out!"

"That may be, but that would be to easy I guess. I'm not really sure." Pippa looked at her watch and frowned. "Ten minutes, ten minutes and it's back to the subconscious to watch ourselves go to school."
Want a Readers crit???

26 Reviews

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:31 am
sasquash says...

"That was the fastest two hours I've ever felt." Jaiden said with a frown. He wished the time in this beautiful and exciting world would go on forever. But that was never to be.

Jaiden jumped up. "Why dont we give ourselves a little bit of a heart attack before we wake up, eh?" he grinned evilly. Pippa groaned and shook her head. "I don't want to. For them its like an adrenaline rush to wake them up. For us it's the scariest crap on earth, life flashing before your eyes and everyting."

"Ah, but as long as we know we wont die in here, at least as far as we know, why not scare them a bit. If they get the real life, i say we fight back with a vengeance!" He smiled and jumped up running for his favorite last minute spot. The cliff.

As he ran towards the edge Pippa yelled for him to slow down. "If your going to jump, at least let me come with you!" She exclaimed. They latched on to each others hands and leaped from the cliffs edge.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jaiden woke with a start. He'd been waking like this more and more often lately. It was almost as if his dreams were fighting him, trying to make him get up before he wanted to. Reluctantly, he got ready for school and walked out his front door with a quick goodbye to his parents.

Once at school, he started walking to his first class. He looked to his left and noticed a girl. He thought her name was Pippa, and every time he looked at her in the morning, he felt the same deja vu, as though he'd had some grand adventure with her, but simply couldn't remember. He walked on to his first class and let his day in limbo begin.

110 Reviews

Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:19 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa sat straight up her heart pounding. She took a deep breath and walked over to her bathroom splashing water on her face, she really needed to sleep good and wake up not so startled. She walked back to her room and got dressed driving to school like she did every day. Her parents had already left for work.

When she walked in her first class she said Jaiden, like always there was a sense of dejavu like she'd been here before, or so knew him. Which was crazy, she didn't know anyone in this stupid school, not that that was unusual. She took a deep breath and rubbed her eyes. She just wanted this day over already.
Want a Readers crit???

26 Reviews

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:47 am
sasquash says...

Jaidens eyes grew heavy. The teacher had that kind of monotonous voice that just lulled you into a deep sleep. He tried to pry his eyes back open, but his head started to droop until his head was on his desk and he had fallen asleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jaiden jumped up, ready for anything. To his astonishment, Pippa was sitting on a log laughing at him.

"You should have seen your face when you arrived. I wonder if thats the expression you get every time you come here!" She continued to giggle as Jaiden looked around.

"So Ms. Cunningham put you to sleep to huh?" Jaiden grinned. This had happened a couple times over the last few weeks, but it definitely wasn't unwanted. It was a short respite from the long day they'd been having.

"Well, what now? I'm never sure how long we have in here. What do you want to do?"

110 Reviews

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:58 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"I don't know, wait and see what their dreams bring." She smiled as she jumped up and turned running into the woods.

**Sorry, I didn't really have anything else. :'( **
Want a Readers crit???

The emperor is rich, but he can't buy another day.
— Chinese Proverb