z

Young Writers Society

Dragon Academy

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:54 pm
MilkNCookies says...

** whoops ;) I'll fix it.***

"That sounds awesome." I said, before a sudden idea struck me. "But only if Calla goes, too. I'm teaching her to be noble, see, and I want to show her how to have a date like a noble would."

Elise's face twisted, then relaxed upon realizing that Calla would be no threat to out relationship. "Calla? Please, for me?" She asked with pleading eyes.

"Well..." She muttered looking at Dario for advice.

"Oh, please please please please PLEASE?!" She asked.

"It'll be fun." I sneered.

"Um..." she muttered, looking at me with very angry eyes.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:06 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Did he honestly just invite you to over see his date so that you can see how nobles date? Dario demanded.

Maybe he means well by it. She replied. What reason does he have to be mean?

"Please, Calla." Elise begged her.

Geez, desperate much? Dario laughed.

"Alright, alright. Relax, just for you Elise." Calla replied glaring holes in Felix. This was going to be an awkward night to finish off her awkward day. Just great.

Why'd you agree?! That means I have to go and watch. UGH! Dario growled shoving her back with his head

Dario! Stop! Calla turned glaring at him.

I'll behave, but I don't like it! He laid down tucking his head under his leg like he was hiding from her. She smiled and took another sip of her water.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

49 Reviews

Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:10 am
MilkNCookies says...

I smiled wickedly. Not only would this be a good opportunity to teach, it might be a good time to flirt with Calla and Elise at the same time. "Good." I smiled.

"Thank you, Calla!" Elise yelped, grabbing her in a tight hug.

"Haha, it was no problem. It'll be... fun." She muttered, though I could easily tell she was lying.

Torture is fun, wouldn't you agree? I asked Amelle.

I'm not sure, Felix. It depends on which side you're on.

I looked down at him strangely. That was something to ponder on a rainy day. But this day was neither raining nor a good day to ponder.

"So, Elise and Calla. Tell me about you guys." I asked.

"Well, I'm one of those adorable little girl types- or so I think. I like to say I have a dark side, but I don't really." Elise explained, eccentric about it. "My parents were in that movie, No Help Comes to Unworthies. They're both rich."

I nodded. "You are adorable, Elise. Don't send a moment wondering if you really are." I smiled. She blushed, looking down. "So? Calla?

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

110 Reviews

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:28 am
TNCowgirl says...

I think I'm going to die. Dario groaned from behind her. I'm one of those adorable girl types...can we go home!

No, we have to make my family proud. There is no other way to help them other then this. She replied.

"So? Calla?" Felix smiled at her. She fought rolling her eyes.

"All you need to know is that flirting does no good. I'm not an adorable girl, I've actually worked to survive, and I'm feeling closterphobic." She stood up and walked out of the dinning hall with Dario following.

Whats wrong? Dario asked nudging her arm.

I have a bad feeling about all this. Like I'm getting set up for a major fall. She replied. Can we fly, please?! Dario didn't even respond. He lowered his head letting her climb up on his back and once she was settled in he took off high in the sky.

Breath, Calla. Dario said softly. Just breathe. He landed softly on the tip of a mountain where she could look around.

"Looks like someone found our hide out." A deep voice said from behind her. Dario spun around and she saw another dragon hovering with a young guy on it's back.

"Sorry, just needed some air." She replied.

"You're the new student, the one that everyone calls a peasant." The guy said cocking his head to the side a little. "You look like everyone else though."

"You should've seen my grand entry, clad in poor house clothes." She replied looking down towards the Academy.

"Don't give up, just cause it's hard doesn't mean you should give up." The guy replied. "There have been so many times I wanted to kill them all or just leave. When that happens I come up here."

"Why do you stay if it's that hard for you?" She asked.

"Cause, in the long run it'll do me good. And everyone seems to be all talk, when it gets down to the grit and dirt the only thing dividing everyone is their skill. There are no social standings, no nothing."

"I think you are the one person that actually has helped me out. Felix I think is trying to help but I haven't decided yet."

"Felix, yet another new student I know nothing about." The guy nodded. "I'm Dre by the way."

"Calla."

"Well, Calla, it looks like someone is looking for you down there and I gotta go." His dragon turned around and he left.

Want to go back? Dario asked.

Alright. They flew back to the Academy and she made a beeline for her room.

***Sorry, her true personality can't really stand Elise and Rachel's type. Really she doesn't know how to handle any of them.***
Want a Readers crit???

49 Reviews

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:48 am
MilkNCookies says...

I was a tad shocked by her sudden departure, though I never showed it. I swollowed the feeling of pity that was bubbling up inside me.

Maybe she wasn't that bad, for a comonner...

Are you Mad, Felix?! She's a COMMONER!

I sighed shoving away my internal conflict. I swung onto Amelle.

"I gotta go find her." I told them. "They'd kill me if I lost the only other silver dragon. G'yup!" I told Amelle. He rocketed into the sky.

I saw two dragons hovering, and suddenly one fell towards me.

It was almost too late before Amelle realized how close Calla and her dragon were. We dodged in the nick of time, and the boy she was talking to drifted down.

"Are you Felix?" He asked.

"Yea, what of it?"

"Just wondering. Calla told me about you. Said you might be interested in helping her, but she wasn't sure." He sighed. "She's strange, that girl."

"Bad strange?"

"No, just... strange. C'mon, before we're caught." He urged his orange dragon down, and I slowly followed.

For the first time in my life, I doubted my first impression- my one of Calla. Things were changing here more than they've ever had in my entire life, and I wasn't too sure I like change.

~Dr.Seuss.

110 Reviews

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:17 am
TNCowgirl says...

Calla had fallen asleep under Dario's wings when there was a pounding at her door.

"CALLA! Come on! You said you'd help me." Elise called. Dario roared towards the door but Elise wouldn't give up. Calla slowly got up and opened the door. "Ok, seriously, you gotta get in something presentable. You look like you fell asleep."

"I did." Calla replied as Elise started shifting through her things.

"Here, put this on, it's...good." Calla looked at the dull dress but really didn't care. She pulled it on and followed Elise outside to the courtyard. When they got there she saw Felix looking up at the sky. Dario laid down and she curled up against his giant paw closing her eyes. She was keeping her promise, she was here. They never said she had to be awake too.

Wake me up when they leave. She yawned snuggling closer to the warm dragon.
Want a Readers crit???

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant