z

Young Writers Society

Heart of a Bodyguard

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:26 am
Dynamo says...

(Sorry about that. I went back and fixed it. Oh, and about the last paragraph near the end of your post, I see what you did there. :lol: )

Football was one of the few sports Eric liked to watch. It wasn't the players smashing into each other fighting for the ball that he enjoyed, but rather the strategy. He had played football a few times in middle school and each game felt like a fight on a battlefield. The goal was to get the ball to the other end of the field, but the real game took place in trying to get it through the enemy line. It wasn't always just a bunch of meatheads tackling each other. Personally he liked watching college football more than the professional games. The pros get a salaray whether they win or lose so it doesn't matter as much to them if they win or not, but the college guys were actually fighting for something on the field, to win and get recognised by recruiters for a contract. The stadium can very easily turn into a warzone when there's something at stake. "I'd really enjoy that," Eric said.

A few minutes later they arrived in downtown. The limo pulled into the parking lot of a huge mall before letting everyone off at the front door. Robert told Richard to meet them in the same spot in about an hour before they all went into the building. Their first stop was one of the large outlets that were often located at the ends of malls.

When they got to the clothing section Jennifer said, "Meagan, why don't you and Eric go look for some clothes that you want? Your father and I are going to go look at some new furnature for the backyard."

(I just got an idea. What if there's a football team at Meagan's school and we have a sub-plot where they try to get Eric to play for them? Also, I'm not too good with sleezy one-liners. Do you have any good ones that some greeseballs tried to use on you? Purely reference, of course.

In your next post can you have Meagan ditch Eric then get harrassed by some guy while she's alone?)
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:07 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

** XD Well of course! hahahaha 8) I'll post later. Heading to Chem Lab. OH NOES!! hahaha **
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

103 Reviews

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:14 pm
Dynamo says...

(I'll be eagerly waiting. :D )
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:37 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

**The mall isn't that big, length-wise. It is two floors, though.**

Meagan put on a smile, "Yes, ma'am." Her parents turned and headed toward the furniture outlet, and she instantly released the happy front. She frowned, rolling her eyes and stalking off toward Rue 21. It was on the other end of the mall, on the second floor.

She tried to walk quickly, to leave the young man behind. She did not want his company, she did not want to be seen with him. She tried to get as far from him as she possibly could.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

103 Reviews

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:38 pm
Dynamo says...

Eric found himself struggling to keep up with Meagan. He asked her to slow down a few times, but she didn't listen. He had the urge to grab onto her arm and force her to slow down, but decided against it. He could tell the girl was in a fowl mood, and physical contact would only cause a scene.

He accidentally ran into a young couple that got in front of him. They were both dressed in some rich prep-school uniform. "Hey, watch where you're-" he started to say, but paused when he saw Eric's broad shoulders and tattered clothes. It seemed he didn't know whether to be nervous of his muscles or appaled at his poor choice of wardrobe.

"Excuse me," Eric said, paying the couple no more heed as he moved around him. He swore a little under his breath when he realised Meagan was gone. He scanned the crowd in front of him, and stopped when he thought he spotted the girl. Before he could get a good look, though, she disappeared into a store called Rue 21.

Meagan let out a sigh of relief when she finally managed to lose Eric in the crowd. She had the urge to look back and see if he was wandering aimlessly trying to find her, but decided against it. She already lost him, no need to give him the chance to find her again. She went over to the girls' clothing section and started looking through some of the skirts.

A few minutes after perusing one of the slothing racks she felt a hand on her shoulder. She sighed in frustration at the thought of Eric finding her so quickly, but was surprised to see someone else when she turned to face him. The guy was a little taller than Eric, sporting a greasy mop of hair and a green school uniform from St. Rita's Catholic School.

"Hey, you come here often?" he asked with a smile.
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:18 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

She clicked her tongue, rolling her eyes. She pulled her shoulder away from him, turning back to the rack. "It's none of your business."

He shifted, putting himself between her and the rack of clothes. "You look like you do. Very fashionable."

She sucked her teeth, walking away from the rack and moving to a new one. "So what if I am? Leave me alone."

He pursued her, following closely on her heels. This time he pressed himself between her and clothes. "Fashionable girls are said to be fashionable in bed... Why don't you stop looking over the rack and look over me, sweet heart? I can show you the best view known to women-kind. Me and you can, uh..." He winked, licking his lips. "You know."

She glared at him, huffing. She suddenly lashed out, thrusting her hands at him and pushing him away by his chest. "Get away from me, perv!"

She squeaked when he caught her by the wrist, playfully pulling her closer. "Oh, come on, no need to be so mean. You rich girls are supposed to be pretty and nice."

103 Reviews

Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:26 pm
Dynamo says...

Eric made his way over the the girls' clothing section since it was the best place to start. He scanned the aisles until he spotted Meagan in the skirts section, and holding onto her wrist was a guy about his age. He could tell right away that she was in distress. He couldn't help but sigh, his first day in New Orleans and already he has his work cut out for him.

He strode up to the two of them and tapped the guy on the shoulder. As the guy began to turn around Eric caught the annoyed glare that Meagan shot him. He could tell she wasn't happy with the current situation, but she seemed even more unhappy that he came to step in. Ignoring the girl, Eric brought his attention the the guy in front of him. "Hands off."

The guy snortted and said, "Piss off, asshole."

As he began to turn back toward Meagan Eric reached out to the guy's shoulder. He used his index finger and thumb to clamp down on the muscle between his shoulder and neck. He squeezed just tight enough to make the guy cry out. THe pain was clear in his eyes, but he did nothing to fight back. His hand fell limply away from Meagan's wrist as Eric began to lead him away. "I didn't quite catch that," Eric said cooly. Would you mind repeating yourself?"

"Please, let go." The guy said in a strained voice. He reached up with one hand to grab onto Eric's, but all Eric had to do was increase the pressure and the guy let his hand fall back to his side.

"If you ever touch this girl again and I find out about it, I'm going to break the hand you touched her with, got it?"

The guy tried to nod, but stopped because of the pain it caused. "Yes," he said instead.

"Good, now get the fuck out of here." Eric released the guy's neck and pushed him away. The guy stared at him for a moment, a mixture of fear and anger filling his eyes. When he started to make his way down the aisle Eric watched and waited until he was far enough away that he wouldn't cause them any more trouble. When he was satisfied he turned back to Meagan and her disapproving glare.
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:13 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Meagan inhaled deeply, releasing it in a huff. "I didn't need that. I had it under control!" she barked, waving her hand exasperatedly.

He snorted, scoffing. "Sure, you did."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

**Heehee, left it open for you. Time for YOU to have fun 8) **

103 Reviews

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:02 pm
Dynamo says...

His brow creased a little when he frowned. "He had you by the arm. If you were strong enough to pry him away you would have done so before I showed up."

"I had my ways of dealing with these jerks before you came along, you know," she shot back.

"Right, I'm sure you had that guy right in the palm of your hand." Eric shook his head. "This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't tried to ditch me. You know, I'm starting to wonder if your father hired me less to keep you safe from those creeps and more to protect you from your own incompetence."

Meagan's eyes went wide with anger. "...Excuse me?"

"Meagan!" a voice called out before she had the chance to flip out on Eric. They both turned to see a tall girl with long black hair and eyes the colour of good whiskey coming toward them. Her name was Anita, and she was one of Meagan's friends. Her family was wealthy just like hers and they went to the same school.

Anita smiled as she walked up to them. "I didn't expect to see you here today. Didn't you and your family have a visitor coming over tonight or something?" She turned to look at Eric and her eyes lit up with interest. "Meagan, who's this? Did you finally find a boyfriend?"
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:09 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Meagan's face went bright red in fury. She threw her hands up, shrieking in her aggravation. "No! He is not! He is anything but!" She exhaled, touching Anita on the shoulder. "No, my dear Anita, this young man is the visitor that my father insisted on having at our house for the rest of the God damn school year!"

She growled, storming past and walking out of the store, stalking off down the mall.

Anita smiled sheepishly, inhaling deeply and letting it go slowly. "Sorry 'bout her," she told Eric gently. "She can be quite the diva." The girl composed herself quickly and held her hand out to him, bending forward just a little and stretching her lithe body out. "I'm Anita, Meagan's best friend."

103 Reviews

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:03 pm
Dynamo says...

Eric took her hand. "I'm Eric. Meagan's parents brought me here to keep their daughter safe." He moved to follow Meagan as she stormed toward another part of the store.

Anita walked with him, making long strides with her lengthy legs to keep up. "So, you're going to be, like, her bodyguard?"

"That's the idea."

Anita looked ahead at her friend who was now browsing one of the shoe isles. "If anyone needs one, it's her. There's a lot of guys at school who are harrassing her. Maybe the sight of you will make them think twice." She looked at him then, doing a quick up and down of his body with her gaze. There was a flicker of interest in her eyes when she said, "You'd definitely be the biggest guy there."
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:48 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Anita chewed on her lip, watching him. He was a very good looking young man, that much was certain. And he seemed like the reliable, manly type. Maybe she could hook up with him later. She glanced over at her friend, and sighed. "Well, I guess I'm gonna go now. You two look kinda busy...gettin' to know each other and all. So... See you later, Eric!" The bubbly girl turned and pranced away, leaving him alone.

Meagan was still fuming. She didn't even register half of the clothes that she looked through, bypassing several shirts that she normally would have had in the dressing room with her by this point. How dare that boy! How dare he stalk her in the mall and embarrass her like he did! Her father would hear about this, for certain...

She sighed, face falling. But he won't listen... He won't care at all... she remembered, her movements slowing to a halt as she realized that hard, painful truth.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket. She exhaled a little sharply, pulling it out and checking the alert. It was her mother, We just got done. Where are you?

She clicked her tongue, and replied. Rue 21. Eric's here too. She looked over at him, still seething in detest. I might as well deal with it while he's here. Just count down the days, Meagan, count down the days...

103 Reviews

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:28 pm
View Likes
Dynamo says...

(I had an idea to help foreshadow the future football plot. On Eric's first day of school they hold a pep-rally, followed by a skirmish match between the school's football team and one from another school. In that match they can see how horrible the team plays, as well as hear Meagan's complaints, questioning why they have to watch a their team play when they're just going to lose anyway. I have other ideas for foreshadowing it, but this'll be one of the main ones.)

When they met up with Meagan's parents, Robert helped Eric pick out something nice to wear for his first day of school while Jennifer went with her daughter. By the time they finished and went outside to wait for Richard to bring the limo around it was already dark out. Meagan didn't say much, but she kept on her pleasant mask while she was around her parents.

As Meagan and her mother climbed into the limo, Robert placed a hand on Eric's shoulder and pulled him aside. "Did anything happen while we were away?" the father asked, a hint of concern lining the edge of his voice.

Eric glanced at Meagan through the limo's open passenger door before he said, "Nothing I couldn't handle, suffice to say her troubles aren't limitted to the school grounds."

Robert nodded thoughtfully. "I don't need to hear the details, just as long as my daughter is safe." The man considered having Eric follow Meagan whenever she left the house, and not just at school. She wouldn't like it, but if it was necessary he would do it.

"Honey, are you coming?" Jennifer asked her husband.

"Sorry," the man said as he climbed into the limo. Eric said nothing as he got into the vehicle as well.

(Do you want to skip to the next morning when they're getting ready for school, or do you want to do something before they go to bed first?)
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:16 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

(We can skip to the morning. I'm feeling bad again...not scared, just upset. I'm also extremely bitter about the fact that my two best friends are people I haven't even seen face to face - you, and a friend I made on a FB speed date app thing. You and him both are ten times the friends that my own friends here in Alabama are...)

103 Reviews

Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:21 pm
Dynamo says...

(If you have people who care about you a lot, does it really matter where they live? You're my best friend in the whole world, but I'm not bitter about it because I know that no matter how far apart we are the power of the internet keeps us together. I take great comfort in the thought that if anything is troubling me I always have someone I can trust to vent to. I'm sure we'll be able to meet face-to-face one day, but for now I'm content with what we have. I hope that makes you feel a little better.

Okay, we'll skip to the morning. I'd like you to lead us off for the next day if you can.)
Take that, science!

More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes