z

Young Writers Society

The Reformat- looking for partner

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:47 pm
View Likes
Camulaeus says...

Plot: It's been 8 years since the Reformat. The face of what was once known as the Earth has been changed irreversibly. The military organization that call themselves the "Reformers" rule the survivor's with an iron fist; making harsh laws and abducting children for "research". The real reason for the abductions is that the children are gifted with strange and wonderful powers that the Reformer's see as a threat. The children are divided into groups according to their powers:

Casters: Kids who have been born with telekinesis; as well as the ability to restore dying animals and plants to life.

Summoners: Kids who are able to conjure mythical creatures to serve them; as well as the ability to talk to the dead.

Shifters: Kids who can manipulate their physical form in order to walk through walls and teleport short distances.

You are one of these gifted kids; trapped in the Zone where the Reformer's test their mutated monster's on the kids. You and your friend must break out of the Zone, and lead a rebellion against the Reformer's to find out the truth of the Reformat.

Basic rules:
No God-modding
No Mary-sues
No Killing off character's without permission
No sex scenes

Profile Layout:

Name:

Appearnce:

Caster/Shifter/Summoner:

HIstory:

Personality:

Other:
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

5 Reviews

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:47 am
Camulaeus says...

Name: Natalie

Appearnce:
Spoiler! :

Caster/Shifter/Summoner: Shifter

HIstory: Natalie doesn't remember much about before the Reformat. Her most recent memories are usually of the Zone, since she has been there since she was 7. Her parent's are nothing but a comforting smell of perfume which she assumes is her mom, and the rough stubble of her Dad's cheek. She's been training her Shifting abilities to the limit; and is perhaps one of the most talented in the Zone.

Personality: Natalie is very focused on her Shifting, practicing even in her free time. She is hard on the exterior; putting up an image of a ruthless punk, though on the inside is very soft. She sometime's sings when she's alone, though if you told anyone that she'd promise to Shift inside you and rip you apart from the inside. She is very rebellious, and is gripped with a conviction to one day bring down the Reformers.

Other: Natalie has a passion for vehicles, and is always fiddling with the scraps she gets from "testing" the Reformer's weapons. She once made a self-powered race car that she received a savage beating for, but kept anyways.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:32 pm
Synnoev says...

Hiya, I'll join you - just wait while I make my profile :)

17 Reviews

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:01 am
Synnoev says...

Name: Jonathon

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Caster/Shifter/Summoner:
Caster

History: Jonathon only has distant memories of the Reformat, having lived in the Zone for the past 8 years. He lived in fear for the last five years, hiding from the Reformers with his parents and ten-year-old sister Emily, a shifter, until both he and Emily were kidnapped two months ago. Now he's searching for a way to escape and rescue his sister, and won't stop until he knows she's out of there.

Personality: Jonathon might appear calm and easy-going on the outside, but his resolve is something that's hard to break. Once set on a goal, he will stop at nothing until it's achieved, using any situation he can to his advantage. Whilst not naturally rebellious, he is fiercely protective of his younger sister and would happily break rules if it meant her safety.

Other:
n/a

Hope this is okay

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:26 am
DaSpetsnaz says...

Room for one more?
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

5 Reviews

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:34 am
Camulaeus says...

Nice profile Synnoev! DaSpetsnaz, there's room for one more, preferably a Summoner so we could have a little diversity. It's cool if you don't want to have one, I'll either submit another profile or make an NPC. Once you get that up I think we should be good to go!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:52 am
MilkNCookies says...

Can I join to make it even? (Puppy dog eyes) Oh, Sorry, I didn't realize De was in it, also. Sorry! But tell me if you have another open spot... :D

Name: Maxim McGomrey

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Caster/Shifter/Summoner: Summoner

History: She grew up as a small-town girl (Living in a lonely world), and doesn't know much different. Her mother was a kind, not very wealthy person who could always find some spare food or money for poor travelers. Her father... not so much. He was never home and not supportive of the family. She's grown up to be modest and respectable... but that didn't really work out.

Personality: Maxim is shrewd, to the point, all around a mean person. She's hostile and doesn't like strangers. She thinks the only that makes life worth living is the dragons, unicorns, and the like. She's almost completely unbearable unless there is a mystical animal around. She's short-tempered and mean. But what people don't know, is that whenever she's alone, she's crying. She hated the human she's become and would do anything to change it, but she doesn't know how. She's had suicide attempts, but the creatures have stopped it. She's, inside, a spirit searching for something to harbor on so it can grow. She uses her evilness as a shield so people can't see how soft she is. Her bark is WAY worse than her bite. She doesn't trust anyone's word, no matter what. She has to go see it for herself, and makes a good scout(since she's silent and deadly). She can't handle any weapons, but her friends(mystical creatures) alone are enough. She's never been able to consciously talk to dead, though she claims they tell her what she should do in her dreams. Not that she listens, though.

Other: She doesn't have a faimily to turn to, and is actually a good friend when you get down to it.
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

73 Reviews

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:55 am
DaSpetsnaz says...

Name: Eli James

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
john_patrick_amedori.jpg
john_patrick_amedori.jpg (17.39 KiB) Viewed 254 times

Summoner (I wanted to have a summoner the whole time.)

HIstory: Living in the zone for the past eight years, Eli has forgotten what it's like on the outside. Since he was told he was a summoner he has been able to create many creatures. Sometimes he has managed to communicate with the dead. He wants to escape and he has been planning for years. Only recently did he let the others in on this.

Personality: He acts nice and cheery to the guards on the outside, but on the inside he hates them with all his heart. So much that if he has to on the escape he will kill one. He is nice to his friends and would do anything to save his family.

Other: Will finish tomorrow, have to go to bed now. You can start it.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

17 Reviews

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:37 pm
Synnoev says...

Should this be moved into the normal Storybook section?

5 Reviews

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:22 pm
Camulaeus says...

Alright, lets get this show on the road!

Syn- You need 500 points to make an SB, and I only have 125, sorry

Natalie, Wednesday afternoon

The Reformer's will tell you that the Drones were made to protect you, to serve you and to be your friends. These are lies. They will tell you that your children will be safe, cared for and nurtured by loving staff in the Zone. More lies. They will tell you that the Reformat was a cleansing act, meant to purify the world of all evil and corruption. Now, there's no way to prove them wrong, but judging by their track record it most likely is. Everything you know is an Illusion, the so called "peace" is nothing but smoke and mirrors. The truth is sick and twisted, just like the hearts and minds of the murderous beasts known as the Reformers. So brace yourself, because everything you know is about to be turned upside down.

My name is Natalie, and that's all you need to know. I've been trapped here in the Zone for as long as I can remember; an ordeal you wouldn't wish upon your worst enemy. For eight years now I've been surviving here on my own, in the giant junk yard where the sky is just a steel dome and the only voice besides your own is the monotonic drawl of the Judge, who announces the waves of Drones and the positions of food resources to those skilled enough to survive. Their are others too, though it's dangerous to talk, for then the Behavior Reformer's will beat you until your very soul is bruised. I try to avoid them.

You're probably wondering how a teenage girl has been able to survive this long, and your'e right to do so. A normal teen couldnt, but as you've probably already guessed, I'm not normal at all. None of us here in the zone are. We're special, and that's why the Reformer's are afraid of us. That's why they keep us locked up and kill us off day by day. We have the power to fight them, just, not by ourselves. Despite having the ability to teleport, I'm no match for the Reformers on my own. I can't even escape a giant bowl! But there are others who are almost as good as me, I've been noticing them. There's a Summoner, his name is Eli. He's older than me, but I think we'd get along fine, and there's a Caster, named Jonathan. He saved my life once, and I want to have the chance to thank him for it. There's also a little girl that I've seen around, normally on the back of a dragon, I don't know much about her, except that she obviously hates me.

The only problem is that it's impossible to Communicate with one another, and until I find a loophole I'm going to be all alone out here. My main focus now is surviving, seeing as I am pinned up against a rock, fighting off a Drone that looks like one of those old-timey scuba divers; that is if scuba divers had heavy duty machine guns protruding from their shoulders.

I roll out of the way of fire, the boulder behind me shattered by the on pour. I Shift ahead a few yards, gaining a second to catch my breath before I resume running. I know your wondering why I don't just Shift miles away, and the answer is I could if I concentrated for about and hour and had a good night's sleep the night before. I duck behind some scrap metal: the hull of some Drone that was destroyed years ago. Noise and light overwhelm my senses, the scrap metal behind me is breaking down, I can't concentrate enough to Shift, I can't even stumble my way to another safe point.

Then all of a sudden the noises stopped. I dared a peek over the twisted hull, and saw the Drone crushed on the ground, pinned down by a giant rock. I stand up and swallow, and turn to face a figure who was walking my way.

Could be anyone!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:14 pm
MilkNCookies says...

(I'm assuming I'm in, right?! I'm confused.)
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

73 Reviews

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:33 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

Cam, I'll save you! And I gave you enough so you have 500 I'll finish my post later.

-Queen

17 Reviews

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:01 pm
Synnoev says...

I think you're fine, Milk'n'Cookies. :)

So excited to start, just waiting to read Da's post :smt003

5 Reviews

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:20 pm
Camulaeus says...

Wooh! Thank you Da! I'll turn this into an SB and Re-post what we have so far after Review Day. And yes your'e in Milk n' cookies!

73 Reviews

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:57 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

The guard had fallen asleep in his chair. What a loser. I think to myself, grinning. Later he would "Be relieved" of his duties. We all knew what that meant. Time to look around. I think. I summon a small goblin outside the bars.I point to the keys and he gets them. He brings them to me and I unlock the cell. Crap, the cameras. I think to myself. Oh well. As I walk down the hall I flip off one of the many security cameras. I walk down the hall and hear gunfire coming through one of the side-rooms. I look through the window and see my friend Natalie trying to fight a "friendly" drone. Yeah, they're not so friendly when they're trying to end your life. I quietly open the door and think how I can stop it. My favorite part about being a summoner is I can summon anything I think of, as long as it's alive. Trying something new, I position it right above the drone. Then I summon it. I giant rock with a face. I smile as it crushes the drone. I hear a faint "Ow." from the rock but it doesn't matter. Natalie comes out from her hiding place and I approach her.

"Hey, shouldn't you be in your cell?" Natalie calls.

"I think the words you're looking for are thank you, and yes, I should." I make the rock disappear and all that left of the drone is crushed metal. "Well, I gotta run, I'm trying not to get caught." I turn to leave and Natalie says,

"Thanks." I smile and walk through the door. I make it almost down the hall when the alarm goes off and there are men on both sides of me. So close. I think to myself as the first punch from the guards knock me out.

-Queen

Let the wild rumpus start!
— Maurice Sendak