z

Young Writers Society

To Have and To Hold (*coco + soggypoptart)

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:04 am
SoggyPoptart says...

He told himself what he was doing was for her own good. He was doing something to save her. It was completely self less. He didn't want her hurt. He knew he had hurt her emotionally but he forced himself to think about her physically. No, that wasn't a good idea either. He needed her to be safe.

I can't give her what she needs. She needs love, and he wasn't good enough to give that to her.

He knew she was crying and yet, she made no sound. Whatsoever.

**I've got nothing else.**
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:42 pm
*coco says...

It seemed like forever before the train finally came to a halt. The silence had been eating at her; the humiliation, the hurt. It was surreal to think now that after all of that, she was only a few minutes away from home.

She and Julian followed the other passengers out of the train and progressed out of the station. The pair of them did this in complete silence. Once they were outside, they got into the first cab they found and headed straight for Naya’s family’s penthouse.

As they drove past the familiar never-ending row of palm trees, boutiques and beaches, Naya wondered how her parents would react to seeing the daughter that they thought to be dead, finally return home. Would they be relieved or worried? She wondered how she would react to seeing her parents again now that she knew the truth about them. Would she be angry or happy? She wasn’t sure. All she knew was that she wanted to go home, to Rosa and to her sister, to the two people in the world that she still had faith in and could trust, to the two people she knew loved her with all their hearts and would always be there for her.

Before she knew it, the cab had stopped outside her penthouse. Hoards of paparazzi and journalists were camped outside the gates with their microphones and cameras ready for any sign of movement. Luckily, none of them seemed to notice the cab just yet, but Naya knew it only a matter of time before they did. And then, all hell would definitely break loose.

Suddenly, Naya felt Julian beside her. He was reaching a hand into his jacket pocket before pulling out Naya’s Blackberry and handing it over to her.

“Call your father,” she told him, his voice completely emotionless.

Without a word, Naya took the phone and obeyed. Several rings passed before her father finally picked up.

“N-Naya?” he sounded flabbergasted.

Naya swallowed hard. She could feel tears building in her eyes just by hearing the sound of his voice. “I’m outside,” was all she managed to say. Her voice was hoarse and shaky.

The line cut immediately and Naya could see her father step out of the house like a zombie, stunned beyond words, as he told the guards standing outside the gate to let the cab come through.

What happened next happened fast. The paparazzi stormed towards the vehicle like a tidal wave, flashing their cameras trying to get a glimpse of who was inside. Naya could see the poor cab driver, obviously oblivious to who he had in his car, panic as he drove through the wrought-iron gates and pull up outside the courtyard.

As the paparazzi and journalists were met with the full force of the Du Maureir private security staff, Naya was immediately rushed inside the house by her father where she was met by her mother, her grandmother, her grandfather, and Rosa. Each one of their faces paled at the sight of her and Rosa had her hand clapped to her mouth as if she saw a ghost.

Naya's mother was the first to react verbally.

“Oh, sweetheart!” she breathed, pulling Naya into an embrace. Naya found that she couldn’t react to her mother’s hug, not in a way a daughter should after being away from her mother for so long. She should’ve cried, she should’ve felt relieved at least, but instead, Naya felt nothing.

And then Rosa came up to her. She was choking on her tears and thanking God in her language as she held Naya’s face to her chest. At that moment, Naya found that she could no longer hold in her tears. All the hurt, all the pain, all the fear, it all poured out as she burst into a sob and pulled her maid into an embrace.

A few seconds passed before her grandmother silently approached the pair of them. “Let’s get you to your room...” she said to Naya softly, signalling Rosa to lead her up the stairs.

Naya found herself suddenly glancing back as she ascended the steps. Julian hadn't followed her in.

Because he doesn't love you.

Naya let the truth sink into her mind. She could suddenly hear her mother and grandmother quietly converse with one another. Her eyes searched for her father and grandfather, but they were nowhere to be seen...

Quentin Du Maurier, with his slick back grey hair and clean-shaven face, stared at his son Walter with a look in his eyes that could only be described as pure and utter fury...
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:16 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian waited for Naya to get out of sight before he went inside the house. He had to explain their situation to the family before anything else happened. He walked inside and was greeted by an angry yet relieved look from his father-in-law and Naya's grandfather. He heard both of the women's cries echo as they slowly began to disappear into another wing of the manor.

"Walter, Quentin." He bowed his head slightly to the two men.

Walter's eyes were wide, as if he had seen a ghost. "They just... Let you two go? What happened? How did you two get home? Why didn't you call? Are either of you hurt? Do you know who did this to the both of you? What did they want? Money was it? They can have it, all of it! I'm just so happy the two of you are okay. I'll call a doctor immedietly!"

"Walter, calm down." Julian said, in a reassuring voice. "We're both fine. We've been hiding out for the past couple weeks."

Quentin's eyes narrowed even more so and turned to Julian. "And the two of you didn't bother to call? What is wrong with you?!"

Julian nodded. "We didn't call because we didn't know if our calls were being traced and we wanted both families to think we were missing to throw the kidnappers off our trail."

Walter sat down in a red arm chair. He nodded. "Yes, of course, military tactick. Thank you, son, for... Protecting Naya."

Julian looked at Walter, then at Quentin. "She'll be better when I leave."

Walter's eyes got big again. "What? You're leaving her?"

Julian nodded. "I owed you a favor of marrying her, I can't stay with her."

**You should have Naya come back downstairs and hear their arguement and then get into it with Julian (;
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:40 pm
*coco says...

Danni arrived to the family penthouse within minutes and cried so much upon seeing Naya that her eyes became swollen with tears. “Oh, thank god you’re safe!” she breathed.

“Thanks to Mr. Julian,” smiled Rosa, placing a loving hand on Naya’s cheek. “He protected her.”

“I should go and thank him,” Danni said, immediately heading for the door.

“He’s already gone,” Naya told him, trying to hide the disappointment from her voice.

Danni looked confused. “No, he isn’t. I saw him speaking to our family on my way up here.”

Naya’s eyes shot up at her sister. “Really?”

“Yeah!” Danni responded.

With a sparkle of hope igniting deep inside her, Naya followed her sister down the stairs and towards the closed lounge doors. Naya could hear her father speaking. Just as she was about to open the doors, Danni stopped her and placed a silencing finger to her mouth. Naya gave her a look to which Danni responded.

“Listen...” she whispered.

“D-did she do something wrong?” Naya’s father finally asked.

Julian wanted to say ‘no’ but he was swiftly interrupted by Naya’s grandma.

“You see, Walter?” she said, glaring at Julian angrily before meeting her son’s eyes. “This is what I tried to explain to you. This boy has no intention of staying with my granddaughter!”

“Nor should he, Olivia,” Naya’s grandpa intervened sternly. “This marriage was never meant to last longer than a year. You know that very well-”

“Yes, but...” she struggled for a while, “Our granddaughter will be divorced at just twenty-four years old!” she shook her white head in dismay. “Have we even thought about what something like that will do to her reputation, or to her future...? It’s just wrong!

“Please, mother...” Walter raised a silencing hand to the air. He stood up from his armchair and approached Julian.

“You are right, son,” he said to him, nodding understandingly. “It is what we agreed upon.”

Naya’s mother winced and looked away.

“A year may not have yet passed like we discussed, but you have still managed to hold up your end of the bargain. You have protected my daughter and brought her back to us safe and sound. For that, I cannot thank you enough. All that I can do to repay you is to hold up my end of the bargain too.” He paused for a moment. There was a pained look on his face but he quickly disregarded it and continued. “You are free to end your marriage to my daughter...”

Suddenly the doors burst open. All five heads turned to see Naya staring at each of them, a look of utter disbelief on her face.

“A year...?” her voice came out as a whisper. “This marriage was only supposed to last a year?

“Naya-” her father tried to explain.

“You all knew about it...you all planned it and...and none of you had the decency to tell me?”

“Sweetheart, please try to understand-”

But Naya appeared unable to hear her father’s pleas.

“You’re meant to be my family...” she said, tears streaming down her cheeks. “How could you do something like this to me?”

Her mother and grandma looked pained. Her father looked dismayed and her grandpa was avoiding her gaze.

“Do you see what I mean now, Naya?” Danni sneered suddenly, throwing daggers with her eyes at each one of their family members. “Do you see why I left home? It’s because our family is so fake! They act like they love us but deep down inside they're psychotic! None of them can be trusted...”

Naya’s mother gasped.

“DANNIELLE!” their grandfather roared in outrage. “HOW DARE YOU SPEAK SUCH WORDS TO YOUR ELDERS?”

“It’s the truth!” Danni roared back defiantly. “You all played my sister like a puppet in your schemes, just like you’ve always done...”

The extent of betrayal Naya felt had left her in such a state of shock that even Danni’s voice couldn’t reach her ears. Instead, her eyes locked straight on Julian’s. Never mind her family, he had played her too. The man she loved. He’d messed with her emotions to the point that she fell in love with him, he’d given her hope, while all the while knowing that it would never last...
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:33 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

She could hate him. Hate. That emotion was the real one, one that could be found in the most innocent people. She most likely did hate him. He didn't blame her for her outburst. She had made a difference in his life. She had been with him for almost a year. He felt something deep inside of him.

Protect her... His instincts screamed.

It's too late... He felt himself think.

Her eyes locked with his, he knew all hell was about to break loose...

130 Reviews

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:51 am
*coco says...

Naya felt suffocated. It was as though the walls were closing in on her making her every breath more and more difficult to take in. Everything about the people standing in front of her made her sick to her stomach. Her grandparents, her mother, her father, Julian...they all disgusted her beyond imagination. She turned away from each one of them, tears blurring her vision. The sight of them all had become too much to control. She needed to leave this house, she needed to leave these people. Not just for a few hours or a few days but for good.

It was as if Danni understood her. At that very moment, she took Naya’s hands and begn to lead her out of the house.

“I’m getting you out of here, there’s no way you can stay with these people anymore,” she told her.

Naya could feel their parents follow behind them. Rosa, who had obviously heard all the arguing, rushed down the stairs.

“Miss Naya?” she looked alarmed. “Wha-what’s going on, where are you going?”

Naya found that she couldn’t speak.

“She’s leaving,” Danni responded for her.

“No, she is not, Danielle!” Naya’s father roared. “She is staying right here where I can protect her!”

Oh, please!” Danni spat distastefully. “Would you listen to yourself? How can you talk about protecting her when you've ruined her life?” she turned to Rosa and glared. “Pack her things and send them to my apartment as soon as possible.”

"DANIELLE, I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS!"

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE THE DECISIONS ANY MORE!"

What happened next felt like a complete blur. There was yelling, angry exchanges and threats. But before Naya knew it, she was in Danni’s car, heading for her apartment, leaving her home and the people she thought she loved behind; forever...

33 Reviews

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:00 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian stood there like an idiot. That's exactl what he felt like. As if he were running on pure adrenaline. That was all that was left. He didn't know why but he felt some kind of sorrow. Like he was at someones funeral, yet he didn't know the person. He didn't know Naya. Not on a deep level or even a physical one. Julian had stood up when Naya had tried to leave and when she did he stood there like a love-sick fool unable to do anything.

"Well that was fantastic! I just got her back." Naya's mother spoke, the poor woman had drained a glass of wine and was carrying the glass around as if it would refill itself.

Walter walked back into the house, he seemed very lonely and beaten down. Julian then realized that the man had lost weight. And Naya's mother had bags underneath her eyes. "I tried to make her stay. I'm so sorry."

Julian pinched the bridge of his nose. "She's right, she believed that you were looking out for her best interest. You people lied to her. You lied to all of us."

Quinten's mouth fell open.

The wine glass fell to the floor and shattered.

Walter's face twisted as if he ate something sour.

"You said you wanted nothing to do with her! You said you didn't love her! How dare you Julian Anderson!" Naya's mother squealed.

Julian was so sick of taking everyone's crap. He was through being polite. He turned on them all. "I was trying to protect her! She matters to me! She's special! She doesn't deserve such a plotting and scheming family like yours... Or mine." He added more quietly.

"You love her?" Rosa came into the house, she was standing in the front doorway. She had just come into the conversation.

"It meant nothing." Julian brushed it away, hot potatoe! He turned away from them and bowed his head down. He placed his hands on his hips.

"Then why are you using it in the past tense?" Rosa smirked.

Julian looked up...

130 Reviews

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:01 pm
*coco says...

Naya lay under the covers in the guest bedroom at Danni's apartment with the hope of falling asleep and temporarily forgetting everything that had happened. But the horrors of the days revelations continued to play mercilessly inside her head ike a non-stop cassette. The depth of her family's betrayal had rendered her numb, both physically and spiritually.

“Unbe-fucking-lievable!” Danni snapped, striding into Naya’s room and hanging up her cell phone. “That was grandpa on the phone just now,” she explained distastefully, “he’s refusing to let Rosa come to drop off your stuff! Apparently, he’s sending over some of his security to take you back home.”

“No," Naya swallowed hard. “I’m not going back there,” the rest of her sentence came out a whisper.

“Of course you’re not!” Danni exclaimed. “And I told him that! Don’t worry, Nay, I have security of my own, we’ll see who overpowers who...”

Naya watched her sister pace around the room making frantic calls. Seeing her made Naya feel an overwhelming sense of both immense admiration and incredible shame. Admiration because despite the magnitude of disapproval Danni had faced over the years from both their parents and grandparents, her sister still managed to make something out of her life. With no help from them whatsoever, she still managed to make a name for herself. The shame that Naya felt because of this was beyond imagination. Instead of following her sister's footsteps, instead of doing something with her life, Naya never worked a day in her life and instead depended on the wealth and name of her parents to get her through life. Looking back in hindsight, she realised what a catastrophic mistake that was.

“The problem is how are we going to get your things?” Danni said thoughtfully, still making calls.

“I don’t want any of my things,” Naya found herself saying. Everything she had, everything she owned, her clothes, her possessions, all came from her parents’ dirty money. She couldn’t bring herself to go near any of it anymore, the very thought sickened her.

Danni paused for a moment to look at her, sadness in her gaze which Naya pretended to ignore. “Okay...” she nodded, “you can borrow some of my stuff for now...” she let out a deep sigh before finishing her conversation. “Anyway," she continued, rubbing her hands together, "are you hungry? I’m gonna go and make your favourite; spaghetti...oh, and before I forget I’ve told the girls that you’ve come back safe and sound. They’re coming over to-”

“No!” Naya responded immediately. “I...I really don’t want to see anyone right now...”

Danni nodded in an understanding way. “Of course,” she responded, “I’ll tell them that you’re tired and that they can see you tomorrow.”

Naya gave her an appreciative nod before turning over on her side. As she heard Danni leave her room, she continued to try to get some sleep, silently begging for it to come, but no matter how hard she tried, she remained awake, the hurtful events of the day continuing to replay in her head over and over and over again...

**If your stuck on what to write next maybe you can have Julian a) go back to his parents' house and face everyone, have his talk with Jennifer and figure out his feelings, or b) maybe visit Jace in jail, or c) come and find Naya and stop her family from trying to take her back home with them?**

33 Reviews

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:10 am
SoggyPoptart says...

**Sorry, last time I tried to post, I didn't really have a good feel about this. Now I have a better view**

Julian took a cab to his house, where the photographers and reporters were already hanging out by his front porch. He had a better idea and told the cab driver to go around back. He had a special way of sneeking out of the house, and sneaking in. He had done this ever since he could climb. It was the oldest trick in his mannual. He grabbed onto a pipe-line that lead up to the house. When he got up there he realized the light was on in his room, this was his bedroom's balcony.

He threw one long leg over the ledge to the balcony and pulled himself up. The french doors were open and Jennifer was sitting on the bed. The moment she saw him, she lept up and ran towards him.

"You're here!" She cried, Julian caught her in his arms, and held onto her tightly. She wore no make-up. Her hair was in a messy bun. Jennifer was always proper and clean. She had really missed him. She clung to him like plastic wrap. "You're really here?" She asked as if she was going crazy.

"Yeah." Julian said, he didn't really believe it himself. "I'm really here."

"Thank the good Lord!" She cried. "Thank God so much that you are home. Daddy and Linda are out of the country. They still didn't know where you guys were. They've been getting teams of search groups all over the world looking for you guys. I can call them now, and tell them that your home! I can tell them... Where's Naya?"

Julian looked at Jennifer. "It's over. I took her home. Her home. Our marriage is over, Jenn."

Jennifer looked up at him, had he lost his marbles? "What? NO!"

130 Reviews

Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:58 pm
*coco says...

By the time Naya woke up it was almost evening and a warm orange blanket was beginning to cover the blue California sky. Sighing, Naya got up and dragged herself across to the en-suite bathroom. She turned on the cold tap and cupped some water into her hands before splashing it onto her face. The cold water brought freshness and temporary relief, but it didn’t last long.

Her eyes suddenly fell on her wedding ring still on her finger; a simple silver band with a small diamond in the centre. With a heavy heart she removed it and placed it inside the pocket of her jeans. She didn’t know when Julian would send his lawyer over with the divorce papers, but when he did she made a mental note to remember to hand over the ring too.

Suddenly she could hear vibrations. She re-emerged into her room and realised it was her Blackberry. Drying her face with a towel in one hand, she looked at the number on the screen and realised that she wasn't familiar with it. Cautiosuly, she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Naya?"

She could feel her heart sink. It was Jennifer...

33 Reviews

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:24 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian had taken up himself with a bottle of the family's best tequila. He drank seven shots, but instead of using the shot glass he chugged. He had passed out shortly after three in the morning. His shirt was off and all he wore where confortable jeans as he layed on the couch. He really wished he could walk up the stairs while he was drunk, that would be a great super power. No such luck. Julian wasn't waking up any time soon.

Jennifer put both hands on the wheel as she drove, her bluetooth clipped in her ear, her beautiful hair was restrained in a high bun. She was going to Danni's house. This had to stop. She turned off the radio as she heard the phone ring. Then a familiar click at the other side.

"Hello?" The pretty voice asked in question.

"Naya?" She said a little nervously.

There was a long pause. "Jennifer? What's going on?"

"Can we talk?" Jennifer asked, nicely.

"We are talking." Naya said, sounding a little rude and like she was occupied.

"I mean in person." Jennifer drummed her fingertips on the steering wheel.

"What for? I don't mean to be rude, but I've very very busy." She could hear Naya pacing.

Jennifer pulled into Danni's private driveway. She got out of the car and looked up at Naya pacing around through the window.

"Is that so? Doing what?"

"I'm uh, at a resteraunt with my sister." Naya stammered.

"Oh, okay so you have a twin?" Jennifer had a bite to her tone, as she put one hand on her hip.

"Excuse me?" She sounded confused.

"I see someone who looks just like you, she's actually in Danni's guest bedroom. Do you mind if I talk to her then?" She said, staring into Naya's window a little annoyed.

Naya gave a daring look and stared outside her window, right into Jennifer's big green eyes. Naya saw Jennifer flip her phone closed and smile like You-Little-Liar. It wasn't a pleasant smile either.

130 Reviews

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:47 am
*coco says...

Great, just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse.

Naya let out a deep sigh as she walked out of her room and across the hall to open the front door. On the way she passed Danni who was standing over a hot stove in the kitchen.

“Nay? Where are you going?” she asked her in confusion.

“Jennifer’s here,” Naya answered grimly.

“What?” Danni threw off the kitchen towel that had been on her shoulder and marched over to her. “Why? What does she want?”

To talk about Julian, obviously. Naya didn't respond, she just tied her curls back into a loose bun before approaching the front door.

“Do you want me to stay with you?” Danni asked.

“No,” Naya responded, placing a tired hand on her head. She knew Danni would only get angry with Jennifer and exacerbate the situation. “I’ll be fine.”

Danni threw her sister a look of uncertainty but decided not to argue. “Okay, I’ll be in my room. Call me if you need me, alright?”

Naya nodded in response and waited until Danni was out of sight before taking a deep breath and opening the front door. Before she could even get it half open, Jennifer pushed through, wasting no time with pleasantries.

“What happened, Naya?” she demanded angrily. “Why is my brother saying that your marriage is over?”

“Because it is,” Naya replied. Even as she said it, it hurt her.

Jennifer’s eyes grew wide. “But...but why, what happened?”

Naya crossed her arms over her chest. “Why don’t you ask him for yourself?”

“I tried but he won’t say anything. He just grabbed a bottle and started drinking.”

Naya rolled her eyes bitterly. It was so typical of him to drown his sorrows in alcohol.

“Come on, Naya, you have to tell me!” Jennifer pressed.

Naya turned away from her and tried to compose herself. She could feel tears building up in her eyes. It made her feel pathetic.

Jennifer’s voice turned gentle. “Please,” she begged.

“What exactly do you want me to say to you, Jennifer?” Naya asked with her back still turned. She made sure her voice was strong even though she was wiping her tears with her sleeve.

“I want you to say that this is all just a big misunderstanding and that the two of you are going to sort things out!” Jennifer replied.

“Well it’s not a misunderstanding and we’re not going sort things out,” Naya said, finally facing Jennifer with a cold look in her eyes.

“Don’t say that.”

Naya ignored her. “Our marriage was supposed to last a year, did you know that?”

“What? No-”

“Well, it was. Of course, I didn’t know about it. For some reaosn my parents planned it that way,” Naya explained bitterly. “Julian knew though...”

Jennifer just stared at her in disbelief.

“He knew all along and he didn’t have the decency to tell me...” she could feel more tears building in her eyes. “I trusted him, I even let myself...” she was going to say ‘fall in love with him’ but she didn’t dare. There was no room for that...not anymore...

“It was all for nothing...”

33 Reviews

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:34 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Jennifer turned her head. She brushed her beautiful long hair over her shoulder. How could this have all happened? Where was she? Sure she wasn't the perfect match maker. Obviously she didn't even have a boyfriend. She had been planning to move out when Julian came back, but now that he had become an even more alcoholic than normal, she knew she couldn't leave him like this.

"Your in love with my brother." Jennifer said a little shocked. It wasn't a question. Especially since she already knew the answer. Jennifer had hit a nerve, a muscle ticked under Naya's right eye before tears began to form.

"I think you should go, Jennifer." Naya crossed her arms, she knew that she was trying to hold those tears in her eyes.

Jennifer shook her head. "I'm not leaving until you tell me. I know but I want to hear you say it." Jennifer stared at her, and watched the tears slowly fall. "Oh my gosh... Naya are you pregnant?"

130 Reviews

Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:08 am
*coco says...

“What?” Naya glared at Jennifer as if she’d just grown two heads. “Of course not!

Jennifer didn’t look too convinced. “Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure!” Naya snapped. The very idea made her stomach clench. “We didn’t even...” she trailed off suddenly feeling incredibly uncomfortable.

Jennifer just stared at her for a few seconds. “Okay,” she said finally, “but you are in love with him.” It was a statement rather than a question.

Naya felt her jaw twitch with agitation but Jennifer looked defiant. “Naya, I need to hear you say the words. Tell me that you’re in love with my brother.”

Naya’s eyes turned dangerous. “I have nothing to say to you!”

Jennifer arched an eyebrow before taking a seat on Danni’s couch and making herself comfortable. “Well then, it looks like I’m going to be here for a very long time...”

Naya wanted to burst into tears. She was so sick and tired of all this. Jennifer slowly got back on her feet and placed a hand on Naya’s shoulder.

“Why is it so hard for you to admit the truth?” Jennifer asked, this time more gently. “Why is it so hard for you to tell me that you’re in love with brother?”

Silence fell all around them, lasting for over a minute. For a while the only thing that could be heard were the sounds of cars from outside and the stove in the kitchen area. Jennifer stared at Naya the entire time waiting for her to speak.

“Because I hate myself for it,” Naya responded, finally giving in to Jennifer’s constant hounding. Her voice was quiet, full of hurt. “I hate myself for being in love with him.”

“But why?” Jennifer asked, her face was full of worry.

Naya wiped away the tears that had again managed to escape her eyes. “Because he never really loved me back,” she replied. “So many times I tried to tell him how I felt...” she silently began to recall all those moments in the hotel, their huge argument, and then the conversation in the restaurant and on the train ride home, “...and every single time he’d brush them off as if it were nothing and leave me hurt.”

Jennifer shook her head in dismay.

“But what I hate most about being in love with him, is that he let me feel all those things knowing that we were never going to last,” Naya continued, “He planned all this with my parents. I was just some rich girl, his toy to play with because my dad asked him to, something that he could just dump after a year.”

Jennifer cocked her head to the side. “Naya, I’m sure that’s not true...”

33 Reviews

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:01 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

"Of course it's true!" Naya threw her hands up and then covered her face. She started to cry, a lot. "He'll... He'll never-ne-never love me baaaack!" She cried, it sounded like jibberish to Jennifer and one part wanted to comfort her.

Jennifer put her hands on Naya's shoulders. "Stop, don't cry."

Naya shook her head. "I can't help it! I just-just-just can't."

Jennifer looked at her. Poor, Naya. She had fallen in love with Julian. A vicious mistake every woman who walked by him, made. Some people only saw what was on the outside, those people were something called materialistic. Jenn patted Naya on her back, serval times.

"Okay, well just don't talk while you cry. It provokes wrinkles." Jenn said seriously.

Naya choked on a laugh.

"So the two of you never... Did it?"

Naya peeked out of her hands to stare at Jennifer. She began to turn even more red. Crying plus embarassment equals awkward moment with husbands sister. "Did... what?" She asked.

"You know had sex?" Jennifer was no therapist but she knew what it took to keep a realationship took.

*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues