z

Young Writers Society

bluewaterlily and dragon writer fantatic story(no title)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:03 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Several aqua blue swords lay before me. Lay'lani tested each one, and singled three out. Once she gestured for me to try them, I grabbed the first one. My fingers moved awkwardly in the hilt. It was a short sword, and even for such a small sword it felt to light. I dropped it, and grabbed the next. It was the color pf brackish water, and a long sword. It still did not feel... right. The next one I felt was about the length of the stick. I grabbed it eagarly. Or, attempted to. It was extreemly heavy, to the point I couldn't pick it up.

"Lay'lani, I've never had one of these from you. But then again, almost all water warriors need to be fitted. Come, boy. You too, girl, for I will fit you also. See if you keep that one or like the one I pick for you." The bearde3d elf mumbled from the forge. Water Warrior. I like it, Oi though as I walked forward, behind Iva. The smith took her measurements, and asked a series of questions I could not understand. He jotted down several notes before summoning me.

"You, boy. Which arm are you?"

"Excuse me, Mastersmith?' I asked politely.

"Which hand do you write with?" He asked. I mumbled my reply. "Speak up!"

"I can not write." I told him. He grunted.

"Which hand do you prefer to take actions with?" He asked, as if teaching a three year old. I gave him my right, which he studied and measured before writing things down.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:19 am
bluewaterlily says...

The elf motioned for us to follow him. Not even waiting for a response, he turned and Cleo and I hastened to follow, our dragons at our heels. Fyra still not use to walking, clumsily followed, stumbling and tripping. Discouragement and frustration overwhelmed me through our mental connection. Despite her stubborn protests, I scooped her up. Don’t worry, I consoled, when you’re bigger, it’ll be easier for you to walk. A surge of gratitude washed over me. I sprinted until I caught up with Cleo. Only then did I pay attention to my surroundings. We walked down one of the curving paths that seemed to spiral on forever. After several minutes of endless turns, we arrived at the town. I was glad to be rid of the constantly curving roads, but as we strode through the village streets, only then did I realize how they also twisted like a maze. The streets were crowded with elves shopping and gossiping.

However, the elves looked up from their errands and at us. We could here subdued murmurs as elves pointed anxiously at Cleo, Fyra, and I. Feeling self-conscious I hugged Fyra closer to me. What did they think of me? I wanted to avert my gaze to the ground, but I was in the presence of the elves. Fyra nudged my arm encouragingly and transferred feelings of confidence and reassurance to me. The tension in my stomach eased a bit. Feigning confidence, I lifted my chin, straightened my shoulders and back, walking with what I hoped to be the swagger of a queen. Fyra’s guidance was the only thing that kept me calm and collected.

After what felt like forever, we finally arrived at the elf’s forge. My shoulders slumped with relief. He ushered us inside. As soon as I stepped inside a wave of heat blasted me from the fire blazing in the hearth. I could tell Fyra enjoyed the temperature. Despite the extreme heat, the forge interested me. Tongs of all shapes hung on nails from the walls, and an anvil was in the center of the room. A table with four swords and a slack tub stood not to far away from the anvil. The elf beckoned us to the table.

“I have made four more swords for the future dragon riders. Three are for water warriors.” His gaze flickered to Cleo. “And one is for a fire warrior. His gaze darted to me. “Just like a person, every sword is different, so it is an important to find a sword that is right for you. A perfectly balanced sword should feel like an extension of your arm. To ensure you find that find the sword, you will test the balance of each sword for your element. You first, fire warrior.” I didn’t need to test the balance of my sword.

"As if reading my thoughts, the elf said, "You don't know if this sword will be better than the first one you tested." Seeing no sense in arguing with an elf, I obliged and went to the table. The sword was a deep scarlet with a leather hilt. I picked it up, but it felt too heavy. I laid it back down.

"How does it feel?" he asked.

"The one I have is better," I replied. He nodded, and called Cleo up. Anxiously Cleo went to the table and he and the elf began talking. I was listening when I felt Fyra's consciousness brush against mine.

You did good, she told me. I knew she was talking about when I was in the presence of the elves. It was only because of you, I insisted but she shook her head. No, Iva, she said. There's something different about you...a special kind of resilience that few are born with. Why do you think I chose you? Even if you may not know it, you are destined for great things, but you have to believe in yourself. she withdrew from my mind, leaving me to ponder her words. I was touched that Fyra though so highly of me, but also doubtful. How could I-the daughter of a humble seamstress-be destined for great things? I decided to think about this later. Instead, I watched Cleo as reached for the last blue sword.

It was bright blue, like the sea on a clear summer day, and the blade was curved somewhat like a wave. As he picked it up, it glowed dazzling blue. The elf nodded in satisfaction. Then he turned to me. “Now that you both have swords, your training will begin tomorrow. After your magic lessons, come back here for your swordsmanship training. Now be gone!"

"Sir," I said. He grunted and looked up. "We don't know the way back." He grumbled and nodded.

"Then I'll show you the way back," he said. "But you better pay attention, because I won't show you again," the elf added sternly. We both nodded and followed him. He led us through the twirling streets. And though I knew elves were looking at me and speaking in hushed tones, I ignored them. Perhaps Fyra was right; it was time for me to have more confidence, and I ignored them because I was focusing so hard on memorizing the route. As soon as we saw our master, the elf turned, disappearing into the woods We approached our masters and bowed to them.

"I assume you are keeping the other sword," Master Saraia said.

"Yes, Master," I replied. She merely nodded. I could hear Cleo and Lay’lani talking.

"It is time for your training, Cleo,"she said. "Bid Iva farewell."

"Farewell, Iva," Cleo murmured.

"Farewell, Cleo." I replied, equally quiet. This formal exchange was...awkward. My face felt hot, and I hoped my cheeks weren't red. Lay'lani abruptly turned and Cleo hastily followed. I wondered if Cleo felt the same way I did, relieved that the moment was over. He was already gone, and my master cleared her throat, and I looked at her attentively.

"Iva, it is time for your training. Your dragon will go with my dragon, Yang."

"Yes, Master," I replied, lowering Fyra to the ground as she followed Ying into the woods.

"To practice magic, you first must understand the essence of magic. Magic is energy, and energy is the essence of magic. All living things have energy, and when you use the energy in all living things to do your bidding, you are using magic. The first magic I will teach you will be the simplest for you to learn, manipulating the element of fire. Just like magic flows in the veins of your dragon, it now flows through yours. For your first exercise, you will try to create a ball of fire in your hands."

"But how do I do it?" I asked.

"You doubt yourself, Iva. You can do it, but you have to look within yourself." After that Saraia fell silent, and I knew that was all the advice she was going to give me.

No, Iva .There's something different about you...a special kind of resilience that few are born with. Why do you think I chose you? Even if you may not know it, you are destined for great things, but you have to believe in yourself. Fyra's words echoed in my head along with Saraia's. They were both right. It was time I believed in myself. All my life people have told who and what I am, and what I could and couldn't do. But I was tired of it. I could believe those people and be who and what they tell me I am, or I could have faith in my own abilities. For once in my life, I had confidence in myself.

Closing my eyes, I focused on summoning the energy I needed to perform this task. I knew it was somewhere deep within. I could feel it in my inner most core. Gently, I coaxed the energy to the surface. The energy bubbled within me, growing stronger. It felt...exhilarating-powerful and frightening, becoming overwhelmed by this awesome energy, I released it, channeling it through my right hand. The fire symbol on my palm glowed brightly as a ball of fire hovered above my hand. From the corner of my eye, I could see Saraia give a small nod of approval, and my chest tightened with pride as the ball of fire grew larger.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

49 Reviews

Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:34 pm
MilkNCookies says...

I walked of to the water tower with Lay'lani. We rushed up the stairs, slow enough for the clumsy Tomix. Eventually, we got to a huge playing field at the roof. The tip of the dragon's head was spurting water, into a small pool.

"What is magic?" Lay'lani asked, breaking the silence.

"A power, used for either good or evil." I replied.

"Wrong. In rough words, magic is energy. It flows through a dragon's veins. It flows through you, and me."

"What does energy look like?"

"It does not look like anything until it mingles with your energy. Then, it will become whatever you want of it." I crystal ball appeared in her hands. Perfectly controlled, not a drop out of place. She threw it at a wall, with a speed that shocked me. She walked over to the dragon's head.

"Magic will always be stronger if you are near your element. For example, you will be much stronger by a pool when its raining, then, say, a sunny day in a desert. To use magic, you have to mingle the energy you sense around you with some of your own energy. If you attempt a task too strong, believe me, you will die. DO not ever attempt to boast with magic. It has a mind of it's own. It finds shelter in you, and lets you manipulate it. But, if you strive to destroy it," She chuckled, "It'll backfire."

"Can dragons use magic?"

"It's an interesting topic, that I've searched the scrolls for a while for. They don't have control of it. Though, they have been known to complete enormous tasks with magic, not on purpose. You can draw energy from dragons, also. But they can't technically control magic. So, your answer is yes, and no." Sh explained. I nodded nimbly.

"Do the elements have different... difficulty levels, to say?"

"No. Water comes as easily to you as fire comes to Iva. Though, she may seem stronger, because fire mages are known to jump right into training. Us, my boy, like to learn, so we don't end up with a dead Cleo. That wouldn't be good, would it?"

"No, I guess."

"One of the first things we will learn is discipline. Over your magic. So we shall be using magic today. Tell me, what will be the weather be tomorrow?" She asked. I never really tried to use magic.
Calm, Tomix instructed. Did you mean to use magic against the boy? Look deep, into yourself. Draw from the pond, if needed. I nodded. I closed my eyes, and drew from my strength.

BOOOM!!!!

My concentration broke as Lay'lani and I ran to the edge to see what was wrong. A fire billowed from the fire tower. Lay'lani cursed, and rushed to Ying.

"Got on. It's good experience." I swung on, Tomix in hand. He crouched and took of, flying to the tower. The damage was on the top.
Where they were practicing! Tomix reminded me. My heart burned in fear. We landed on the tower's top, couching in all of the smoke. I could still feel the water from my tower, roughly, since they were only about 50 feet apart.

"Iva!" I barked through the smoke. I moved all about the top, which is -er,was- a field like ours is. I roughly could see Iva's silhouette, but it did help she was glowing a bit. Frey yelled at her, trying to pull the unconscious girl. She spotted me, and drew my attention to the rapidly growing fire near Iva. I didn't think, I didn't know what I was doing. I felt the power of the water, aching to help me. I drew from it, and mixed it with mine. The energy melted from me. The sphere of water in my hands grew until it was about a six foot wave, and washed over the flames. The feeling of it leaving... destroyed by the fire... it was almost to big. I fought against throwing up, until each flame was relinquished. I shrieked for Saraia and Lay'lani.

Yellow flashed in front of me.

I fell, unconscious.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

108 Reviews

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:25 pm
bluewaterlily says...

Slowly, my eyes fluttered open. I groaned. My whole body felt sore, my head throbbed, and my throat felt raw. I looked around my surroundings. I was in my room. Slowly the memories flooded back to me. Saraia led me to the top of the tower for my training, and she had me form a ball of fire. At first everything was alright, but the energy kept growing until I couldn't control it, and the tower caught on fire. There was so much smoke...and then everything went black. But was Fyra safe?

"FYRA!" I called, both mentally and verbally.

I'm here, she assured me. Fyra was on the cushion, staring at me with concern. How do you feel?

I'll be fine, I told her. What happened after I fainted?

Cleo and Lay'lani put the fire out, but like you, Cleo used too much energy and he fainted. Then Yang carried you back here.

Is everyone alright? I asked her.

Yes, everyone is fine, Fyra promised me. The tension in my shoulder eased. I couldn't help but feel the whole incident was my fault. Because of me everyone could have been hurt-or worse....

Iva, Fyra said gently, it's not your fault; you just lost control of your powers because you're not use to them yet. The same thing happened to Cleo. Fyra did have a point, but I swore to myself I would never be so reckless again, that way something like this could be avoided.

Now get some rest, Fyra told me abruptly. Saraia says that in order for you to get well again you need to sleep. Before I could protest, she hummed a soft and soothing melody in mind, and the next thing I knew I was drifting into sleep.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

49 Reviews

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:32 pm
MilkNCookies says...

My vision swirled and my head ached as I wearily oped my eyes. My breathing was labored; then again, it may have something to do with Tomix laying on it. I glanced over to see Iva near me, and the teachers even closer. I yelped at the unexpected appearance of Lay'lani.

"How can you be so foolish?" She asked. "The very first thing I did was lecture on the point on over-exerting yourself. The first thing! Magic isn't a play toy. It doesn't come at your call, like a trained hound! That was to the point it was past foolishness, it was idiotic!"

He's sore, tired, and miserable. I don't think you have to go in-depth about what he did. Ying's voice boomed in our minds. Lay'lani nodded.

"I know, Ying, but I don't want to lose a student, especially Cleo." She replied. "Get some rest." She told me. I nodded, though rest was that last thing on my uneasy mind. She nodded an took a deep breath before leaving. As soon as the door closed, I swung from my bed.

"Iva." i hissed, shaking her shoulder. "Iva!" I called, in a loud whisper.

"What?" She asked sleepily. I beckoned to her. "Cleo, I don't know..." She replied, though she got up anyways. I could sense the water tower.

"Try using magic." I told her. When the fire came so easily to her, she almost dropped it. It stayed the same shape. I summoned the water, twirling it in my hands. eventually I got comfortable enough to juggle. I quickly stopped, Lay'lani's words echoing through my head: Do not ever attempt to boast with magic. I kept the water as one simple sphere, acutely aware of how easy it was.

"It's almost like it feels pity," She observed. The clipper clop of feet came through the hallway. We both lied down, as Ghanan walked in.

~Dr.Seuss.

108 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:38 am
bluewaterlily says...

" I trust you are both feeling better?" Ghanan asked. We both nodded. Trepidation filled me; I knew Ghana was going to lecture me on how reckless I was, and she was probably going to yell at me. I prepared myself for the worst, knowing that I deserved it.

"How could you be so reckless, Iva? The energy used form the magic could have killed you, and don't you know if you die, so does your dragon? Not to mention you put Cleo and his dragon in danger!" she says, angrily gesturing to Cleo and his dragon. I don't answer. Her words were like a thousand daggers, especially since they were true. In my mind I could feel Fyra's simmering fury as she started to defend me. Stop, I told her, she's right. It was my fault. Why did I have to get so overconfident? Ghanan had called me the "honest and modest one", but it was never modesty, it was just insecurity. But when I finally had confidence, I became cocky, thinking that I could handle magic so easily. Then I lost control and started a fire. A sound broke through my thoughts; it was the sound of Cleo clearing his throat. Fyra slipped out of my mind, her attention on him.

"Ghanan, may I say something?" Cleo asked.

"What is it, Cleo?'' Ghanan said, her brow furrowed in surprise.

"I was also reckless with magic. It's my fault to-"

"While the first part of your statement is true, Iva is the one to blame. If she hadn't been so careless with magic, then the fire wouldn’t have started, and you neither one of you would be in the predicament you are in now." Her gaze swept to me. Abashed, I averted my eyes, my cheeks red with shame. But I forced myself to look up at Ghanan. Tears blurred my vision, but I refused to let them fall, not in front of Cleo, and especially not in front of Ghanan. Instead, I just lifted my chin and met her gaze, blinking rapidly to keep the tears from falling. Ghanan's expression softened and in her eyes was pity.

"Get some rest," she told us. "Your lessons continue tomorrow. And be more careful with your magic." After we both nodded, she left.

Once the door closed, the tears started to fall. Fyra tried to comfort me, but I pushed her away. Reluctantly, she withdrew from my mind, but I could feel her pain at me rejecting her. This made me feel worse, and more tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Iva?" Cleo said softly. "Are you alright?"

"Ghanan was right,” I said. “It was my fault."

"No it wasn't," Cleo countered. "It was a mistake, a mistake I also made," he added pointedly. Then he noticed my tears. He leaned close to me like he wanted to comfort me or wipe my tears away. I half expected him to. Instead, he pulled an object out of his pocket.

"Here," Cleo said handing me the handkerchief. Gratefully, I took it from him and dabbed my eyes.

"Thank you, Cleo," I said, giving it back to him. He nodded and a tense silence fell over us.

After a few minutes, Cleo said,” I’m going to sleep. Good night, Iva." Before I could answer, he turned on his side, his back facing me. Deciding I should get sleep too, I lay back down. But first, I apologized to Fyra. She accepted my apology without any questions, and snuggled against my chest. I squeezed her gently, affectionately, but my mind was a whirling storm of confusion. What was happening?

49 Reviews

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:51 am
MilkNCookies says...

I was aware of overwhelming power clouding my mind, and from her look, Iva was also. My vision swirled, I couldn't think straight. I needed to help someone- I needed to hurt them- I needed to kill- I needed to heal. Which one?

You could be so much more than the low, dirty fools who are teaching you now. A voiced screamed in my head. It filled every nook and cranny, my mind screamed to mercy.

You could learn to harness magic greater than yourself. You could be powerful; you could rule. Iva could be your slave. All you need to do is give me your dragon. It asked. It's voice was so entrancing, so cool(like, cool head). And unmistakably evil.

Get out of my head! I replied.

And would you risk Iva? Tomix? It asked. I saw Iva, her body bound.

No I am no better than iva.

You are much better, Cleo.

Never!

fine. Then I shall take away Iva. Your blood is too precious, Cleo. Your family has vexed me too many times.

No, i moaned as she turned slightly blue. I was faintly aware of my magic attacking it's; until Iva was free. I could roughly feel that I left a mark on it's magic.

Through that, I saw it move onto Iva, trying to convince her of what it tried to convince me.

Spoiler! :
Sorry for the short post!

~Dr.Seuss.

108 Reviews

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:34 am
bluewaterlily says...

A dark presence fogged my mind. I tried fighting it, but it enveloped every corner of my mind, smothering me like a heavy blanket. The harder I struggled, the more the evil presence clung to me. Panic and terror gripped my heart, which felt like it would fly out of my chest. The dark presence radiated a bone-chilling pleasure from my horror along with smugness.

Iva, a cold, smooth, but chilling voice coaxed, you are not reaching your full potential. Look at yourself, wasting your time with these fools...but if you were to join me, then you'd have power beyond your wildest dreams. What do you say? All you have to do is hand Fyra over to me. The grip loosened a bit. Fury and the will to fight this dark...magic or spirit bubbled up inside me.

NO! I said. Its grasp tightened on me; my breaths came out short and ragged, but the will to fight remained as strong as ever.

Are you sure? You don't know what you're giving up. Think about it.

I've already thought about it, I replied, and the answer is NO!

I'm sorry to here that. We could have made such a formidable team. Fire is the strongest element. But no stronger than me. The life was being squeezed out of me. I couldn't even fight it. Slowly, the life in me was fading, like a wavering flame about to be diminished. Wouldn't it be easier to die? No, said a voice. I realized that the voice belonged to Fyra. Iva, you can't give up this easily. I can help you, but you have to cooperate. I felt that wavering flame rapidly increase in size, growing stronger and brighter. Exhilarating energy and strength coursed through me. At that moment, I realized it was fire, and I realized that fire wasn't destruction, but life, warmth, and energy. I hurled all the fire-energy at the darkness. The evil presence howled in rage as it withdrew from my mind.

I was free, but the effort of fighting the darkness left me feeling faint and unsteady. I felt hands on my shoulders steadying me. When I looked up, I saw it was Cleo who was supporting me. He looked me with concern, lips forming words I could not hear. Everything was going darker and darker. Frantically, Fyra was trying to transfer energy and strength to me, but it wasn't enough. She was still too tired from before, and if she did it again, then the energy and effort would have kill both of us. A sigh escaped my lips, and then everything went completely black.

49 Reviews

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:54 pm
MilkNCookies says...

i gave her just enough energy to keep her alive until The adults got here, for i knew they heard when Iva had her fit. They ran in, and demanded what happened to her. I explained it, still holding the slouched Iva in my arms.

"Sounds like darkness." Saraia mentioned

"Darkness?" I asked.

"There aren't four elements, Cleo. There are many more. Darkness, and lightness, those are the most significant of the others." She explained. I nodded to her. Ghanan came over and took Iva. A white fluid encompased Iva's body, and she came back.

"Healing is another," Lay'lani added as Iva stood.

"They say it was a darkness mage." I told her.

"Ah." She replied.

"What exactly did it feel like?" Saraia asked.

"i think it would just be best if they got some sleep, not take their memories." Ghanan suggested. I nodded, siting on my bed.

"Somewhere that a mage can not penetrate them." Lay'lani added. We followed them until we reached Ghanan's room, as it looked. She showed us a small row of beds.

"This is also used as an infirmary sometimes," She explained. I didn't care. I lay down on the nearest one and was immediately sent into uneasy dreams.

~Dr.Seuss.

108 Reviews

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:45 pm
bluewaterlily says...

After I was seated on my bed, Ghaanan left, closing the door softly behind her. I sank back into my pillows and closed my eyes, trying to make snese of everything that happened. I still felt lightheaded and tired, but as tired as I was I still couldn't sleep. I was also a little shaken by the whole incident. Fyra slipped into my mind. A wave of her relief surged over me, but I could still feel her concern. Her warm presence calmed me, and gradually, I relaxed.

How are you feeling? she asked, but we both knew the answer. You should get some rest.

I'm not tired, I protested, which wasn't a total lie, but the real reason why I ddin't want to sleep was out of fear for another attack on my mind. If dragons could sigh, then Fyra certainly did. However, she let it go. I thought about talking to Cleo, but when my gaze swept to him, I saw he was asleep. I decided against waking him up. I owed that much to him for saving my life.

For a while, I just lay awake. When I felt myself slipping into sleep, I would shake myself awake. Iva, Fyra urged. You need to sleep. I promise I won't let anyone into your mind.

How? I asked dubiously.

You have to trust me, she replied. I felt walls being put up in my mind.

How come you didin't do this before? I demanded.

I didn't think I needed to, she replied sheepishly. I just let it go. All that mattered was that I could now keep intruders out of my mind. With this knowledge, I sank into sleep.

49 Reviews

Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:25 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Ack you didn't leave me with much!

The next day was rather uneventful compared to the day before. I was a bit envious of Iva, for all of the elves flocked her with questions when we went outside. I got the three who didn't want to wait to speak to her.

"That is enough!" Ghanan shrieked over the crowd. The elves meekly shied away from her, the few away from me. "Children, report to your towers. NOW!" She bellowed. I rushed to the two skyscraper towers, Tomix rushing as quickly as me. I founf Lay'lani in her study.

"Master, I-"

"Hush, Cleo, now is not the time." She stated, her nose in a book. "Take the book from the table by you." I looked at the manual she described. Water Creatures for the Water Lover. I read most of the chapters.

"Cleo, it is I who needs to apologize. It was my fault for beginning magic so early. While Sarai may keep at it," She looked at the tower through the huge window, as if she were disgusted, "We shall stop for the time being. We will learn to use our magic at an small extent, unintentionally. We shall be riding to the sea." She gestured to the pearly blue water barely visible over the trees.

"Will Iva come?" I asked.

"Fire Mages usually do not like the sea, but she is coming. In any situations, the salt water will help heal the minor burns. Before anything else, Cleo, do not think yourself honorable for what you did yesterday. It was completely irresponsible.You are lucky I shall ignore the transgression of using magic without my permission." I stared at her, shocked as she stood. "We are going to the stables. A suitable mount, for when you can't ride Tomix, is necessary. You will learn basic magic with it, also. Be prepared for the mounts you shall see. They are not the horses of the common world. These are horses of the Nymph Forest." She left the study with Ying behind her.

Excuse her, Cleo, for the day. She is rather angry at her sister today. Saria is encouraging the same magic as what happened yesterday. I nodded to the huge dragon, who someday Tomix will match in size. Saria was with Iva, waiting in the courtyard in front of the towers. Iva had a ball of fire in her hands, which kept varying in size.

"Cease trying, Iva, we shall try again soon." Saria barked to her student. The fire vanished, leaving Iva grumbling.

"There mounts that you shall chose from are not horses. well, some are, but for example, a Ninex is up for adoption there." I nodded to her, remembering what the passage from the book had said:

A Ninex is a pearly white beast that seems to be draped in water plants and weeds. They are inhabitants of the marshes in the Nymph Forest, and a common site. They are not to be trusted, and only handled by experienced mages.

I knew I didn't want that; and when the doors swung open, I knew that was far from my only choice.

~Dr.Seuss.

the world (me) cries out for salvation (snacks)
— creaturefeature