z

Young Writers Society

The Prince and the Assassin

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:23 pm
SisterItaly says...

The moon was shining the air was clean, perfect night for a perfect ball for the stupidly perfect prince. Not for long, I needed that gold to pay off my latest dept, and boy this guy must have really wanted the prince out of the way. He even went to the extremes of flattering me and calling me the 'Best assassin in all of France'. He was right of course... I shook myself out of my thoughts and focused as I ran quietly through the halls of the palace. I needed to get this done quickly before the guards found me. The ball was close, and I had to get to the prince before he got to the ballroom. There would be too many people and I wouldn't be able to get out as easily. Just as I saw the prince, I bumped into one of the guards. My cover was blown, but that didn't mean my job was going to be aborted. I lunged at the prince, dagger aimed for him, then I felt arms around me, and something hit me sharply over the head. Darkness caved in and I passed out.

*sorry it's so short and crappy, I'm working on like, five things at the moment*
Last edited by SisterItaly on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:44 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Adrian looked down at the beautiful creature shocked. His life was in danger...from this? He would have laughed at the ridiculousness of the situation if she had not come so close to killing him.

At 6'4, he towered over everyone. He was heir to the throne of France. He had swept back blond hair, and piercing blue eyes that could make one melt in an instant. Not only was he devilishly handsome, he was also well liked by his people. He was fair and just. He ruled with kindness of heart, always looking out for his people. But they were in the middle of a war. In war, it did not matter what kind of ruler you were, just that you were dead.

Adrian looked down at the limp form.

"What do you want us to do with her, sir?" One of the guards asked.

"Take her into one of the rooms here. Lock her in there. Make sure she cannot get out. I would like to question her before throwing her in the dungeons." He said softly. Something was tugging at him, but he ignored it. He told himself all he wanted to do was question her, find out what had happened and who had sent her.

Adrian returned to the ball until his hostage woke up.

(It's fine hun.)
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

66 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:59 pm
SisterItaly says...

*switching to third person*

Davine fluttered awake sitting upright in a chair. She wondered where she was, this wasn't what she was expecting after being captured. She was expecting to be somewhere deep in the dungeon, either to rot for life, or to wait for her execution. She ran her fingers through her long, naturally curly hair. It had fallen out off the ribbon she had used to tie it back. Some times she cursed her long hair. It got in the way of things. She stood slowly, looking around the room, eyes searching for a window, she smirked when she saw one, taking a few dainty steps over to the window she stuck her head out the window, looking down first. To far of a drop. She looked up and down the walls. Nothing she could use to climb down. She sighed and stepped back into the room, hoping there was even the slightest chance she could escape.

She shuffled over to the door and tried to open it, to no success. She pounded her fist on the door, angry with herself.
"Why didn't I kill him when I had the chance!" She screamed to no one in particular. She heard someone move outside and guessed it was a guard. She huffed and kicked the wall beside the door, knowing the prince was going to want to talk to her. That had to be it. If she wasn't in the dungeon then the prince was going to talk to her. She didn't know who to blame for this, because she didn't know who man in the dark cloak was. All she knew was he was wealthy, and her debts would have been paid. If it wasn't for that one guard.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Adrian walked in the room. He saw her eyes, fiery, gorgeous, entrancing. "Hello. I am Adrian, Prince of France. But you know me. Who are you?'

She just glared at him. He sighed and sat down on the bed provided for her. He just watched her, waiting. She had no weapons and no way of escape. She and he both knew this was better than the dungeon. He watched her. She was starting to get self-concious. He watched her move. She was wearing clothes that were for easy movement, and therefore left hardly anything to the imagination. He tried to notice her soft sweet curves, the way her hair moved. She was simply stunning.

He sighed and shook his head. "Are you going to cooperate? Or would you prefer to be in the dungeon?"
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

66 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:35 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine scowled at the prince. She would rather cooperate, but she didn't know anything. Truly she didn't. He was still staring at her and she was getting uncomfortable. She shifted uneasily.
"I rather the dungeon." She hissed, turning away from him and crossing her arms. She felt on her upper arm for the dagger she had strapped there, but it wasn't there anymore. She heated at the thought of anyone touching her or her things. That was her biggest pet peeve, people touching her possessions. The silence was getting thick as she watched the prince contemplate. He began to look uneasy as the young assassin stared at him with the time appropriate if-looks-could-kill expression plastered to her face.

He looked up to her, about to say something, then changed his mind and returned to thinking. She wished he'd get it over with and send her to the dungeon. She had escaped captivity before, she looked at the dungeon like her ultimate challenge. She could escape. But she couldn't escape with a prince sitting right there, staring at her again. She sighed and glared at him, at the same time.
"Do you mind?" She snapped, trying to hide herself from his view.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Adrian nodded. "Alright. What would you have me do? Would you tell me why you wanted to kill? Or would you really rather be treated like crap by a bunch of guards who will give no thought to your personal space?"

He watched her. Her eyes widened slightly as she thought over his implications. He just sat there, waiting, patient. He didn't know what was going to happen, but he knew whatever it was was not going to be good.

66 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:16 pm
SisterItaly says...

Deal with pervert guards, verses dealing with awkward prince. She didn't like either option, but it was all I had to work with. Davine really didn't like this situation. Get a hold of yourself, you've been through worse! She thought to herself. The prince just stared at her, waiting for an answer. She licked her lips uncomfortably and looked up to him.
"I don't know who sent me to kill you, all I know is he offered me payment, and unlike you, us normal people have debts to pay and food to buy. We don't get everything served to us on a silver platter." She ranted, pushing herself up from the chair and walking over to the window. She leaned against the sill and looked out at the night sky. If only everything was served on a silver platter, like she had dreamed as a child. Instead she had grown up in poverty. There was no way the prince could know how she felt, he was a stupid royal brat.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Adrian looked at her. "Alright. I understand. it must be hard to live on the streets. I am so sorry that you had to resort to meaningless killing. Since you have been honest with me, you may stay here. I cannot allow your freedom until we find the man who paid you, but you may stay here, in comfort, with no one bothering you. It is all i can do, my lady."

Adrain stood up. When she faced him, he bowed to her, as if she was a lady, and not an assassin. He quietly left the room, and left her to her thoughts.

Outside, he shook his head. He wanted to help her. He wanted to stay with her. To talk with her. To get to know her. But he knew that she would not let him in her life. She hated him. He could see it written on her face. So he in turn had no other option but to wait. Maybe, someday, she would trust him.

66 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:34 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine watched as he left the room. I understand? How dare he! He had no idea of what normal people went through day to day. The poverty that they faced. He was a spoiled, royal, brat! She found herself pacing across the room, she sighed and sat on the bed, which was much more comfortable then anything she had ever slept on in her entire life. Of course, the prince would think the sheets were scratchy, because nothing was ever good enough for the royal brats, in her opinion at least, she had heard around that they were kind and just. If they were so kind and just why were people still living in poverty? She shook herself out of her thoughts and laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

If she was going to remain her until her mysterious boss was found, she couldn't be sure how long she would be here. But if she attempted, nah, successfully escaped... then she could find a way back in and finish that brat. But sleep wouldn't hurt first, she was a light sleeper, if anyone tried to touch her... or even came into the room for that matter, she would wake up.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Adrian did not know what to do. This girl was different than anything he was used to. He wondered the halls. Sleep eluded him. He walked towards the library.

"Are you okay, my Lord?" Asked his advisor.

"Fine. Just worried. Have we made dealings with the English? My people are starving."

"Your father has arranged it, my lord."

Adrian sighed and nodded. He hate the deal that had to be made, but he saw people starving every day. He did not what else to do anymore. France was running out of funds due to his father's war. Now he was expected to clean up the damage when the war was over. He sighed.

"Leave me." He was left alone to think. He stared at the wall, going over everything again for the millionth time. Nothing. All that was there was their original plan. He nodded. So be it. It would help his people. He just sat there, looking into space.

66 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:12 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine couldn't sleep, sleep wasn't working. She sighed and slid off the bed, walking back to the window once more. No chance of escape from there... or was there? She leaned out a bit more, looking along the wall. The ledge looked just big enough to walk along. She just needed to reach an unlocked room and she could escape from there. A window wasn't far from her, obviously these people hadn't known who they were dealing with. She smirked and pulled herself up onto the ledge, swinging her legs out and feeling for the ledge.

Closer,
closer,
closer... got it!

She silently cheered as she edged herself towards the other window. The cool stone walls felt nice on her clammy and nervous hands. One problem, the edge stopped her, she was stuck.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Adrian was woken up by a shake. He looked up. "What?" He asked.

"The uh...guards have a present for you."

Adrian nodded. They hauled in the prisoner.

"What happened?"

"She crawled out her window, but got stuck, where one of our men found her." Said the guard.

Adrian sighed. "Milady, must you make it difficult on yourself?"

66 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:07 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine jerked, trying to get the guards to realise her, she was mad now. You would not like to see Davine mad. When Davine as mad, she was violent to those who made her mad.
"Because, I. Don't. Like. You." She spat, slamming her foot down on one of the guards feet. She didn't want to finish her job now, she wanted out. She could get him later... if the big bloke she was in debt to didn't get her first. She shook her head and slammed down on the guards foot again, he filched. She slid her arm free as the prince sat up, all dressed up in his jammies. She scoffed at his attire and pulled free from the other guard, just to be grabbed again. He stood up and walked over to Davine, looking rather tired. If only the ledge hadn't reach it's end... she would be free.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:03 am

Adrian sighed. He did not know what he could do to get through to her.

"What do you want, milady?" He asked softly, gently. "What do you want me to do? Release you? You're freedom? Fine. YOu have it. Leave."

He turned away from her. "Release her." He said forcefully.

66 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:06 pm
SisterItaly says...

*sorry for not posting last night, my dad was being his usual pain in the kister self*

The guards let Davine go and she stumbled a few steps. There was silence as she stared at the prince, shocked.
"I tried to kill you, and you don't throw me in the dungeon... I try and escape, and you give me back my freedom?" She asked, confused. This wasn't what she had grown up thinking, she had always thought the royals were a bunch of brats. But... he was giving her, her freedom.
"Why are you doing so nice to an assassin? I'm just street scum, and you're the prince of France!" She exclaimed...

*sorry its short, it's like I'm playing 20 questions in chat*

The Book.

Make sure you marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.
— Holden Caulfield