z

Young Writers Society

The Prince and the Assassin

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:59 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine looked up to Adrian, almost forgetting he was there.
"Guys, this is Adrian." She looked up to Adrian. "Adrian, this is my Auntie Emma, Jasper, Benjamin, and Theodore." The boys automatically smirked, Davine knew what they were about to do and grabbed them by the collar of the shirt.
"Boys, no tackling the guests." Benjamin, being the oldest of the youngest (bit of a brain teaser) stepped forward, still sporting a large stick.

"We aren't stupid Vines, we know who he is. Come on lads, let's go play knights!" The young boys cheered and ran off hitting each other with the sticks. Davine blushed at her brothers behaviour. Her aunt Emma laughed and lead the two inside. Davine swallowed hard, not sure how her father would react to her being home. Her mother came in the room and almost exploded with happiness.
"Davine! My baby!" She ran over and embraced the young girl, her mother was getting up in age, and her appearances proved that, but she was still a beautiful woman.

"Momma, I've missed you so much." She pulled away and motioned to Adrian. "This is..." her mother cut her off by curtsying.
"I know who he is... your majesty. Welcome to my humble home." She said respectively. Just as Davine was about to ask where he father was, he bellowed in from the other room.
"Who the hell is here?"
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:12 am
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Adrian sighed. He really wished he would not be recognized so easily. He smiled graciously, however, as the good Prince he was. He watched as Davine waited uncomfortably for her father. Adrian didn't know what to expect, but he knew that he needed her father's respect. He smiled at her reassuringly. He didn't like that she was upset. He waited anxious now.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

66 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:21 am
SisterItaly says...

Davine flinched as her father entered the room. He was a good man, he just didn't approve of how his two eldest children turned out. She hadn't heard from her sister Katherine in a long time.
"So, one of the street rats comes crawling home. Who have you got the..." He stopped and bowed. "Your majesty. I apologize in advance for whatever my daughter has done. She is quite the handful, gets it from her mother's side of the family." He explained, Davine blushed remembering her assassination attempt.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:34 am

Adrian tried not to look harsh. "She has done nothing wrong."

"Surely there is something she has done! I mean, you wouldn't be here with...her...if everything was alright."

Adrian smiled brightly. "Everything is perfectly fine. I actually came to meet both of you."

"Why?" Her father asked in shocked.

Adrian smiled. "I'm in love with your daughter."
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

66 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:51 am
SisterItaly says...

Davin gasped, having heard him say this for the first time. Davine's father gasped and stared at the prince shocked, Davine's aunt and mother were ecstatic. For once, Davine saw her father speechless. She hugged Adrian tightly.
"I... love you to." I muttered, Davine's younger sister Joice came into the room, gave a quick look to Davine and Adrian, she shook her head.
"Love birds make me sick." She picked up her sewing kit and left again. Davine rolled her eyes at her sister, wondering where the others were. Her brothers ran into the room again, followed by the two oldest boys, who tore Davin away from Adrain and squished her senseless in a hug. Before long Derek pulled away and looked to Adrian.
"You even think about hurting my little sister, and I don't care if you're God himself. I'll kill you." He threatened. Davine knew how protective Derek was, one of the reasons she ran away in the first place.
"Derek, he won't hurt me. He saved me. From Robert." Derek gasped and started hugging Davine again.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:01 pm

Adrian smiled brightly. "I wasn't going to let anyone mess with my girl." He says possessively.

Her dad still continues to look suspicious. "Why?"

"I love her."

"You know what she is right? A murder, a whore. Basically all her money comes from sex."

Adrian watches as tears spring to Davine's eyes. He pulls her close, kisses her softly, and brushes her cheek. "I don't care about that. She is a wonderful sweet girl. That's all that matters to me."

66 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:10 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine wiped a tear and glared at her father. They both knew that wasn't true... well the murderer part was. But she was not a whore. That was a hit below the belt. She was forced to pay people back that way, she wiped her eyes again. Derek gave his father a swift hit over the back of the head before leaving the room.
"You know that's not true." Davine muttered. Adrian held her closely, she was amazed that he fell in love with someone who attempted to murder him.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:31 pm

Adrian watched as her father laughed evilly.

"Isn't it darling." He emphasized. "Isn't that true? You are out doing it all the time. You get money from it. What else would you call it?" He chuckled evilly.

Adrian felt anger rise in him, but didn't do anything . The man was her father, and he had been taught to respect fathers no matter what they were like.

66 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:46 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine hugged herself tighter to Adrian, angry with her father. Why was he saying these things? What was he gaining from this?
"I call it horrible and cruel, force." She spat at him, wondering what Adrian was thinking of all this. Her father laughed again, looking over to Adrian.
"Your majesty, With all do respect... you can't be in love with this... Slut!" He laughed, thinking this was all a joke. Her aunt and mother stood quietly off to the side, not interrupting the man of the house, because that was improper. Davine was happy there was some civil people in her family. Davine glared at her father.
"Dad!" She interrupted... he glared at her, crossing his arms.
"Do not interrupt two talking gentlemen Davine." He warned. Two gentlemen? She only counted one here, she thought, looking up to Adrian.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:50 pm

Adrian sighed. "With all due respect sir, I don't believe she is a whore. I saw how frightened she was. She's in love with me, and I her. That's all that matters."

He turned to her mother, and bowed, and saw the shocked looks on everyone's faces. "Now, if it pleases you Mrs., I would love to leave with your daughter."

66 Reviews

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:11 am
SisterItaly says...

Davine's mother clapped her hands together, smiling happily and walked the children to the door.
"Please excuse my husbands behavior, your majesty." She sighed, looking over her shoulder at the man. Davine gave her mother one last hug.
"I'll try and not make it so long until my next visit Momma. I promise." She muttered, pulling away. That was a bit of a lie, she didn't know when she would see them again.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:32 am

Adrian sigh the look in Davine's eyes. He knew that look. She wouldn't be making it back to her parent's anytime soon. He sighed as she pulled away, and turned towards him.

"Why did you lie to your mother?"

Davine jerked in surprise. "I...i didn't."

"Yes you did. Why don't you want to come back?"

"Because..."

"Yes?"

"You saw what my dad was like! It's so hard." She started crying.

He pulled her close. "You obviously haven't spent much time around my dad. He is worse than yours. But his decisions effect a whole country. He won't even listen to reason." Adrian sighed. "I have to go back to the palace now, love. Are you going to come with me? We still have a few days left together."

"A few days until when?"

She wasn't looking at him, and he was glad. He looked away from her, then turned back and kissed her head. "Don't worry about it."

66 Reviews

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:42 am
SisterItaly says...

Davine was confused, but didn't question him.
"What about your father? If he sees me, he'll throw me back in the dungeon." She reminded Adrian. He looked away in thought for a moment, then smiled.
"It's a big palace, we don't have to let him know you are there." He smiled. Davine grinned broadly.
"Then I shall accompony you!" She said, happily. She took his hand, as they walked off towards the palace.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Adrian smiled as he led her back through the winding streets. The road was dusty, and started effecting his vision. He coughed, but was able to get through it. They arrived at the palace and ducked in the back way so his father would not see him. He smiled at her and kissed her passionately.

They went into his room, where his advisor was waiting.

"Where have you been! I've been worried sick!"

"I'm perfectly fine Jenkins. I can handle myself."

"Sire, it is my job to make sure everything is going smoothly."

"I know." Adrian sighed.

"Also..the...uh...Princess just arrived."

Adrian stiffened. "From England?"

"Yes sire. She has been asking about you. WHen would you like to meet your future bride?"

66 Reviews

Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:42 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine quickly stood up straight and held back the tears that stung her eyes. Had she heard correctly? His future Bride? She had been right all along, he was just faking the entire time. He was like all the other men in Davine's life, she was there as a pass time. The only difference was she didn't owe him anything. A tear jerked out of her eye and rolled down her cheek.

Without looking up towards him, she hissed. "I hope you enjoy your Future Wife, your highness." Another tear escaped her eye. He turned to her, but she didn't give him any chance to explain. She shoved past him, sending him back into the advisor and ran out off the room and down the halls, back the way she came in. Tears streamed down her face. The one time in her life she let a man in, and he betrayed her. Nothing made sense at the moment, he saved her, yet at the same time set her up to want to be dead.

She ran into one of the guards, one with a face she could never forget. The guard that had knocked her out the night she had attacked the prince. She quickly stood, and turned to keep running, but he grabbed her ankle and stood.
"Let me go." She asked, calmly and Cooley, trying to make it seem nothing was wrong.
"I'm sorry, but I have orders to take you to the dungeon." He said, sympathetically. She was to distressed to fight him, and let him walk her back down the familiar halls and back into the dungeon, where she decided she would lay down and die.

The Book.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore