z

Young Writers Society

Forgotton

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:33 pm
Sins says...

This place didn't look to bad, it had to be said. I'd expected some horrible, shabby building in the middle of nowhere. Admittedly, there wasn't much else around, but it felt like a good thing.

"Hello," The kind old woman said, reaching out her hand. "I'm Beverly and this is my husband, Floyd."

There was something about those names that made me want to laugh. They were such 'elderly' names. It was actually surprisingly comforting.

"Liam, and this is my..." I paused for a few seconds. "Uh, friend... Shawn" I shook Beverly's hand.

"Hello." Shawn said quietly, shaking Beverly'd hand this time.

As the couple began talking with the police officers, I observed my surroundings. The small house was painted a pure white colour and there were rose bushes dotted all over the front lawn. To be honest, it looked like a classic country home.

"How about we get inside?" Floyd smiled at Shawn and I.

Nodding our heads, we entered the house. They were probably going to explain what was going to happen next. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to hear it.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:56 pm
SisterItaly says...

We followed Floyd inside, he showed us the kitchen, living room, bathroom, basic living areas. He showed us upstairs.
"This is your room." He said opening the door. I sighed in relief, two beds. I loved Liam, but i loved having my own bed as well. He left us to settle, telling us he would explain our chores later. I gave him a quick little hug thanking him. He smelt like sawdust and soap.

I walked over to the bed and sat on it.
"What now?" I said looking at him. He sat beside me. I playfully shoved him.
"Hey, i claimed this bed!" he chuckled. then looked at me, compassionately.
"Did you mean what you said. At my place?" I wrapped one arm around his waist.
"Of course i did. Did you?" He smiled,
"yes." I leaned upwards and kissed him. Oh god, that felt amazing. I kissed him again.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:25 pm
Sins says...

Leaning in for the second time, I felt Shawn's soft lips press against my own. It was as though a shot of electricity raced through my body. It was amazing. After pecking her lips for the second time, I looked at Shawn carefully.

She really was pretty. It didn't take me long to lean towards her for the third time. This time, when our lips touched, they stayed there. After a few seconds, I began to slowly move my lips. Shawn shortly followed. I could smell her weak scented perfume as I ran my hands through her slightly knotted hair.

We'd been kissing for a minute or so when we pulled away. As we looked at each other, we both smiled a warm smile. For the first time since my mother died, I was happy.

"What would you like for dinner?" A gentle voice interrupted my thoughts.

I turned to the doorway. Floyd was standing there, grinning.

66 Reviews

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:19 pm
SisterItaly says...

"what would you like for dinner?" I looked up at Floyd. Oh god, this was embarrassing.
"Um, ah..." I stuttered. He smiled and chuckled a little.
"Don't worry about it, i was your age once. So, what will it be?" Liam answered for me.
"It doesn't matter, I'm sure it will taste great." Floyd smiled and left.
"That was embarrassing." I muttered, leaning my head against him.
"Agreed." I sat back up, my knees on the bed. I wanted those lips again.
"Now where were we." I leaned in to kiss him but he stopped me.
"One second." He put his finger up. I reluctantly let him go. He shut the door and sat down beside me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, ready to reclaim those lips.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:33 pm
Sins says...

That night was the first one I'd had a full night's sleep in weeks. It was nice, that was for sure. In fact, the entire day had been a good one. Floyd and Beverly were really nice and I'd loved spending the day with Shawn.

As I lay in my bed that night, my mind wondered back to the past few weeks. It was hard to believe that, two months ago, I didn't know Shawn. Right now, it felt as though Shawn was all that I did know, all that mattered. What I found even harder to believe was the fact that, two months ago, I actually believed that my father was in the police force.

Floyd had cooked us chicken dinner for us in the end. Having a proper cooked meal felt amazing. I hadn't had anything proper to eat in ages, it definitely felt like that anyway. As I lay in my bed that night, I looked at Shawn. She was even prettier when she was sleeping. Today had been perfect.

66 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:15 pm
SisterItaly says...

Today had been wonderful, i was finally free of the twisted lie they call a mob, and the key would be taken back. I had kissed the best man on earth, multiple times. I had never really been happy with the guys i dated. But he, he was just perfect. I never wanted to lose him. I had fallen asleep before him. Something i rarely do, usually I'm last asleep because i don't like being looked at in my sleep. When i woke up he was still asleep. I sat on my bed and looked at him. He was so adorable when he slept, so peaceful. I went to the washroom, but it wasn't long until i heard everyone else getting up.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:14 pm
Sins says...

Gently opening my eyelids, I stretched my arms out. I'd had the perfect nights sleep, I hadn't woken up once. It was the best feeling in the world. Well, the second best feeling after kissing Shawn. A pleasured grin grew on my face as the thought entered my head.

As I thought about Shawn, I looked over at her bed. I was surprised when I realised that she wasn't there, but then any worry I had was replaced by relief when I heard someone in the washroom. I felt really stupid then for being so paranoid. I sat up on my bed before standing up. I really needed a shower. Once Shawn was done in the wahsroom, I was definitely going to spend some time in there.

Ten minutes or so later, the door handle on the washroom turned. It wasn't long until I saw Shawn stepping out of that room, and stepped into the bedroom. I smiled at her and stood up, heading towards the washroom.

"Are you going to have a shower?" Shawn asked me, sitting on her bed.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Good," She grinned. "You need one."

Laughing, I took my shirt off and threw it at her. I didn't quite manage to get it on her face though, she caught it in time. The both of use began laughing as I entered the washroom.

66 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:21 am
SisterItaly says...

I threw his shirt to his bed, there was a knock at the door. I walked over and opened it, it was Beverly.
"You two ready for breakfast, i made bacon and eggs." I smiled wholeheartedly.
"Beverly, you had better not be going through all this trouble for us." She made a face and shook her head.
"Pish posh, while you are under my roof, you eat real food." I smiled and thanked her. She hobbled back down the stairs. I turned and closed the door. I made up our beds, something i was used to doing. I heard the shower turn off. Liam was done his shower. I remembered kissing him last night, my heart fluttered.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:37 pm
Sins says...

Yawning, I stepped out of the shower, grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my waist. It felt amazing to finally have a shower. Plus, I didn't smell foul anymore. That was definitely a good thing. Reaching for the door handle, I opened the bathroom door and stepped back into the bedroom.

As I did so, Shawn was still sitting on her bed. She seemed to be thinking about something. I smiled at her as I headed towards my own bed.

"Was that Beverly then?" I asked her, sitting on my bed.

"Yeah, she's made food." Shawn replied. "Again!"

What was it with old people and kindness? Beverly reminded me so much of my own grandmother before she died. Whenever I would go over her house, she would literally make me eat all of the food that she could find.

"That's old people for you," I laughed before turning my attention back to the shirt I'd recently flung onto Shawn's bed. "I really need to buy some new clothes..."

66 Reviews

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:40 pm
SisterItaly says...

"Yes, yes you do." I said sarcastically. "and i need to get into my house to get my clothes. There's no way i could re-buy all those clothes." I crunched my nose. He laughed deeply. I heard Beverly call from downstairs.
"Hurry up! Your food will get cold!" I started giggling.
"I guess we should get down there, get your pants on and hurry up!" I turned and went downstairs, closing the door behind me. I went downstairs and walked into the little dining room. Floyd started laughing.
"Where's your boyfriend?" Beverly hit him over the head with her spoon. I tried not to laugh.
"Leave the poor kids alone will ya?"

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:07 pm
Sins says...

Whistling quietly, I grabbed my pair of old jeans from my bed. Wow, I really did need to buy some new clothes. There was a fair amount of holes in my jeans, that was for sure. Forgetting about the holes, I put my legs into the jeans. I looked on the bright side; at least I had fresh underwear.

After putting my t-shirt back on, I went downstairs. It was nice not to have to worry about a load of criminals chasing me for once. It was nice to be able to simply go downstairs and have something to eat in the morning. It was as if I were reliving my life five years ago.

"There he is," Floyd laughed as I entered the dining room.

"Huh?" I said, sitting down at the table next to Shawn.

"Don't worry," Beverly rolled her eyes.

Shaking my head, I began laughing. I had no idea what that was all about, but I didn't really mind either. Everything was suddenly going so well. I was safe and most importantly, Shawn was too.

66 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:24 pm
SisterItaly says...

Beverly kept loading our plates with food, even after we said we couldn't possibly eat more. When we were done, i helped Beverly with the dishes, the boys went outside to work on the shed. Floyd had said something about roof repairs. I washed them and she dried and put away, because i didn't know where the dishes were supposed to go. Not long after Floyd came in laughing his brains out.
"Bevy, were did we put the ladder?"
"It's in the garage why?" I looked up, he rolled up his sleeves, trying not to laugh.
"Go see where the boy is." I followed Beverly outside as Floyd went to the garage to get the ladder. I gasped and tried not to laugh as i stared at Liam. He had slipped and gotten stuck hanging off the roof.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:33 pm
Sins says...

"Shit, shit, shit." I muttered under my breath, keeping my eyes shut.

Why was I such an idiot? I had no idea how, but I'd managed to slip and skid down the roof. I'd grabbed the end of the roof before I fell though, thankfully. I still felt like a complete idiot though.

As I held on for my life, I heard something tap next to me. Opening my eyes, I saw the top of a ladder beside me. A rush of relief swept through my body. I could hear Shawn laughing below me. When I got down, I was going to show her what was funny! Suddenly, I heard a voice.

"Liam, climb down the ladder, son!" Floyd called.

As I reached the bottom of the ladder, I jumped down instead of climbing down the last few steps. As I did so, I noticed that Shawn was still laughing. Grinning, I felt for the hose at the side of the house.

Before anyone had the chance to do anything else, I pulled the hose and pointed it in Shawn's direction. Seconds later, I was squirting her with jets of water.

66 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:53 pm
SisterItaly says...

I screamed and ran but the hose followed. The water suddenly stopped. I looked up to see Floyd turning it away from me and grabbing it from Liam.
"You shouldn't play with a hose like that." Liam looked embarrassed. "You do this!" He stuck his finger the the nozzle, making the water squirt farther, he aimed it at Beverly. She ran in my direction, Liam was laughing his brains out. Floyd turned it to him and he started running as well. I pushed the hair out of my face as Liam ran around. It reminded me of my dad and i when i was a little girl. I snuck up behind Floyd and snatched the hose from him, and shoved the nozzle in his shirt. He gasped and i ran for it. I felt like such a little kid again.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:04 pm
Sins says...

Shawn and I lay on the warm grass as Beverly and Floyd continued attacking each other with the hose. It was pretty funny, that was for sure. Both Shawn and I were soaked from head to toe. It was rather pleasant though, really. The sun was shining through the clouds today, it was boiling.

"They're having a good time, aren't they?" Shawn laughed, observing Beverly and Floyd.

"Tell me about it!" I wrapped my arms around her waist.

Shutting her eyes, Shawn rested her head in my chest. I could still see her giggling slightly at the sound of Beverly and Floyd attacking each other with the hose. I couldn't blame her, it was pretty funny.

"I know it's kind of late..." I spoke slowly. "But I'm sorry about what happened to your dad. Everything's been so hectic and I never got the chance to say anything to you about it."

"It's okay," Shawn smiled although I could hear the pain in her voice. "Where do you think the key is now?"

A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden