z

Young Writers Society

Forgotton

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue May 11, 2010 8:39 pm
SisterItaly says...

I smiled as i heard the front door open. I set the plate down on the dinner table and hopped into the main room.
"I daddy how was..." I stopped as my father stumbled into the room, his hand on his stomach and covered in blood. He took it and reach into his pocket stuttering.
"t-t-take this key, uh. a-a-and run, dont let anyone get this, k-key." I took the bloody key. It was the key to a vault.

"Daddy! What happened." I was bawling my eyes out.
"Go! q-quickly. Before, t-t-t-they get here." He groaned and fell over. I sobbed, i knew he shouldnt have started that illegal work with the mob. I wiped the key off on my apron ad i ran to the back door. I took the apron off as i opened the door. Running to the fence, which i easily jumped. Running into the allys, into the night, into my worst nightmare.
Last edited by SisterItaly on Wed May 12, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed May 12, 2010 4:51 pm
Sins says...

Can you remind me what is happening in this? I remember what the basics are, I just want you to tell me again in case I've forgotten any important details! :roll: Thanks allmixedup!

Shutting my eyes, I breathed in the warm air that surrounded me. My dad was working late, again. I was sitting on the secluded beach near my house, doing nothing. There was no one else around, only me and the odd annoying seagull. Birds seriously pissed me off sometimes. The sky was gradually getting darker and darker every minute. In an hour or so, night time would have taken over.

I breathed in the fresh sea air and shut my eyes. I could still hear the seagulls squawking now and then, much to my annoyance. Except for that, there was nothing but silence. The silence was uncomfortable and there was a lump at the back of my throat. The lump grew as I thought about my father. I hated him, I hated what he did. I was supposed to do his job with him in a few months, but no way was that happening.

Shaking the thought out of my head, I stood up. The silence of the beach was making me feel uneasy now. Plus, if they didn't shut up, I was going to end up going home, finding a gun and shooting one of the blooming seagulls. Sighing heavily, I turned around. Seconds later, I was walking along the smooth pebbles of the beach.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

66 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 7:19 pm
SisterItaly says...

I stumbled in the ally, falling and ripping her skirt a little. I quickly stood up, dropping the key. I looked around frantically, when I found it I leaned over to pick it up, but as I placed my hand on it someone stepped on it.
"OW! what the..." I looked up, connecting eyes with an older man. He bent down grabbing me by the hair. I pulled the key into my hand and held it tight.

"Give it girlie." He was scowling at me. I used the hand my key was in to punch him in the face. He let go and I kicked his shin.
"GO TO HELL!" He grabbed my arm with the key and tried to pry it away. I punched his nose with my other hand. He let go and i took off running down the ally. He chased me, but i was younger and faster, i pushed some garbage cans down and laughed as he tripped over them. i ran out onto the sidewalk, and turned running down it. I soon found an old diner and went into it. This was some of the cops favorite diner, so he wouldn't follow me into here.

I went into the bathroom and washed my face, wiping the dirt off of mt skirt. I poked my head out to check, no sign of him. I sat down quietly and pulled out my wallet. i had enough to order, so i would just wait for the waitress.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 7:55 pm
Sins says...

As I entered my house, I was surprised to hear my fathers ruff voice calling me. He didn't sound happy though. Mind you, he never sounded happy.

"Liam!" He shouted from the kitchen.

Muttering under my breath, I dropped my bag onto the stairs. Seconds later, my dad called me again. I swear to God, that man had no patience. Besides, I thought he was working late? That's what he told me anyway.

"Liam!" He practically screamed as I walked into the kitchen. "What is wrong with you boy? Where the hell have you been?"

"Out," I mumbled, sitting down on a kitchen chair.

"I need you to do something," My dad began, "Considering you're eighteen next month, I thought you better do something useful for a change and learn how to do my job. You see, there's a missing key. Well, I say missing; some stupid girl has stolen it and run off. We managed to kill her father, but he gave the God-damn key to his daughter."

Seriously? He expected me to find some random chick and get a key? He wanted me to learn how to do his job? Why the hell would I want to do his job? No way did I want to be some idiot police guy. Besides, I wasn't eighteen in a month; I was already eighteen. Showed how much he cared about me.

66 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 8:07 pm
SisterItaly says...

i smiled at the waitress,
"so Hun what do ya want to order?"
"ill just have a coffee, thanks." i wasn't hungry but something warm would calm me down. She nodded and walked away. I wondered how my dad was doing... had some one shown up to finish him off? I shuddered, no someone had to have shown up to help him.

the waitress put her hand down on the table and leaned towards me.
"Hey Hun? i think that guys looking for ya? he a friend of yours?" i looked up,
"No! Help me please!" I whispered not taking my eyes off of the guy who had just chased me.
"k follow me." I followed right beside her so he wouldn't see me. We went into the kitchen i thanked her and ran out the backdoor. Back into the allies.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 8:54 pm
Sins says...

I listened to my father, narrowing my eyes. What he was saying sounded rather bizarre, some things just didn't seem to add up. That was one of the many problems when it came to my dad, you never knew if he was bending the truth or not.

"Why can't you do it?" I moaned once my father had finished speaking.

"Because you need to learn!" My father spoke to me as if I were stupid. "You're already a failure, I'd appreciate it if you at least try and make something out of yourself."

What a nice thing to say to your kid. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself at the sarcastic thought. I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl in front of me and started playing with it.

"Wha' if I don't want to?" I mumbled, holding the apple out in front of me.

"You will do as your told!" He shouted at me.

Ignoring him completely, I threw the apple into the air and caught it. No way was I hunting down some chick, just for a stupid key. Besides, since when did the police hunt someone down? It all seemed a bit shabby, if you ask me.

Shaking the thought out of my head, I once again threw the apple into the air and caught it.

"For Christ's sake!" My father growled, snatching the apple form my hand. "You are going to find that girl, get that bloody key and actually make something out of yourself for once!"

The anger in his voice scared me, I knew that fighting back would be a bad idea. I sighed heavily, I guess I was going to find some key. What a great way to spend the next few days.

66 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 9:05 pm
SisterItaly says...

I stopped when i was positive he wasnt following me. I unhooked my necklace and the pendant fell off. Oh well that stupid heart pendant was given to me by an ex-boyfriend, it meant nothing to me. I slid the key on and hooked it back around my neck. There now i wouldnt need to worry about dropping it. i heard running from the end of the ally. SHIT!

he found me! I started running again, but my ankles were killing me, i looked down. I forgotton i was wearing heels. Not the easyest thing to run in. He caught up to me in a dead end ally.
"What do you want."
"I want the key! Stupid little whore!"
"Why?" I started to circle around, to get past him. He was checking me out.
"Becuase its important. Now hand it over!" He dove at me and i dodged him.taking off down the ally.

I heard a car screech and come around the corner, as he came around it hit him, running him over. When the car was over him it stopped, he was dead! I screamed, oh my god! He was dead! Two guys got out of the car and ran over to me.
"You okay little girl?"
"Ya im fine." I looked at thier colors, they are crypts. The enemy gang of my father. I pulled away and started running again.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 6:05 pm
Sins says...

I stared at the object my father had placed in my hand. I swallowed hard as he began speaking to me in a voice as though I were five year old.

"Don't be stupid with it," He began. "Only use it to get the key. Don't go around killing people for the sake of it, no matter how tempting it may be."

Tempting? Why the hell would I be tempted to shoot someone? I wasn't like my father, not at all. I wasn't even going to use it to get the key, especially if it meant shooting a girl. That was hardly nice, was it? I'd maybe threaten her with it, but that was it. I had to admit, my father was a hypocrite of a police man.

Nodding, I put the gun into my bag. There wasn't much in the bag, just a few clothes, my phone and some money. With any luck, I wouldn't be away long. I'd find the girl, get the key, give it to my dad, and that would be it. Simple. By the look on my fathers face, he was glad that I was leaving for a few days, the thought of getting rid of me was obviously exciting for him. It wouldn't have surprised me if he'd hoped that I got myself killed.

"Go on then," My father grumbled, sitting down on the living room sofa.

"What? Now?" I said, shocked.

"No tomorrow!" My dad replied sarcastically. "Jesus Christ son, I haven't got all day. The sooner you go, the sooner I can get this job done."

The sooner I can get this job done? He wasn't the one bloody doing it. Gritting my teeth, I left the house, slamming the front door behind me. As I walked down the sidewalk, I couldn't help but feel somewhat happy. At least I was going to be away fro my father for a few days.

66 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 7:07 pm
SisterItaly says...

Stupid crypts! I think they may have figured out i was agaisnt then and not for them. I heard some crypts talking once, they call themselves 'protecters' because they protect civilians from the mob. I shoved some boxes down, but they jumped them. I made it onto the main road, this leads towards the beach, and out beach house. If i could make it there i could destroy the key, all the vaults my dad watches over are worth millions. So the mob wouldn't break the lock.

This was going to be a long few days, maybe months. I hoped my father was alright, he had to be! He would come find me, we would destroy the key and move away agian. I would lock all the doors, by now there would be a hit out on me. I wouldnt answer the door unless it was a cop, and i wasnt stupid. I may not know the police well but i sure as hell knew the mob.

I looked behind me, big mistake. The crypt grabbed my shoulder and stopped me.
"Hey, hey there. We're not going ta hurt ya sweety." i shuddered as he put his hand on my chin.
"Go. To. Hell. Crypt." He frowned at me, i could feel his friends standing right behind me.
"Your from the mob arent ya, your a little young to be a pros..."
"Im not a slut! I want nothing to do with you and your retarded mob war!" He let me go and i took off running again. I heard one of them swear at me.

Ya ya go to hell to you to. Wouldnt be long until i reach the beach house. It was so dark out, i hoped we left the cutlery there last time.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 8:18 pm
Sins says...

I wasn't sure why, but I felt nervous. There was something about this job that my father had told me to do that felt weird, wrong even. I couldn't understand why I had to have a gun. I mean, come on. Police weren't actually supposed to shoot people unless they needed to, especially girls.

Pushing the thought aside, I headed down to the beach. If I was going to look for some chick, I could at least spend an hour or so on the beach. Besides, I wanted to get my guitar from the beach house before some idiot stole it. I shoved my bag over my shoulder and continued to walk towards the beach.

Sighing heavily, I observed the scene around me. Night had fallen now and the world around me was completely silent. The seagulls had finally shut up, thank God. I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I remembered the squawking birds I'd seen, and heard, earlier. As I strolled along the grey pebbles, something startled me. I heard a noise. I stood there, silently, waiting for something to happen.

"Hello...?" I said quietly, after a while.

66 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 8:26 pm
SisterItaly says...

I heard some one say hello, this was a good end of town, maybe i could get help! I stopped and looked around. I couldn't see anyone. My legs were really cold, i looked down, stupid plaid miniskirt. My ankles were throbbing from all the running. And what a great day to were a tank top, well i never said this would be easy.

I felt someones hand on my shoulder and turned around to come face to face with the crypt.
"Go away, i told you i want nothing to do with you or the mob!" He fist came in contact with my gut.
"We know your from the mob, we aren't stupid." I lost it and started punching him to. He fell over and i sat on top of him, punching him several times before his friend pulled me off.

I smiled as he stood up, His nose was bleeding and the swelling in his eye had already started. The other guy pulled my arms behind me while the guy i just attacked started to punch me. I kicked his manly area, he doubled over. I kicked back doing the same to the other guy. Then started walking down the road, they would be down for a while, four inch heels really hurt.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 8:41 pm
Sins says...

Shit. Did that seriously just happen? Some girl had just run over to me, followed by a pair of dodgy looking guys. They'd literally tried beating her up. The girl seemed to notice me, but the guys hadn't, thank God.

The girl had run off now, leaving the two guys on the floor. She'd used her sense and kicked them in the balls. I glanced at the girl, who was now running along the beach, then turned back to the guys on the floor.

"Hey!" I shouted at them. "What the hell are you doing?"

It didn't take long for the one guy to stand up. The second he did so, I regretted shouting at him. It didn't take long for the other one to stand up.

"None of your business!" The one guy grabbed me by my t-shirt.

Before I even had the chance to respond, he pulled his fist back and punched me hard in the face. The next thing I knew, I was on the floor and the two guys were chasing the girl again.

Fricking idiots! Struggling slightly, I managed to stand back up. I lifted my hand to my eye and brought it back down again. Great, I was bleeding. That gimp must have been wearing a blooming ring or something. That was it, I was going to deck those guys.

66 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 8:52 pm
SisterItaly says...

I looked back, they had stood up, great. I started running again. Stupid crypts! Why in heks name did i mention the mob? They would have left me alone if i would have just played stupid. I looked behind me again, now there was a thrid guy. SHIT! this sucks! What did i do to the third guy?

I was getting close to my beach house, i didnt want them to know where i was staying! I turned a sharp corner into an ally and hid behind a dumpster. I hoped to god they would run past. I held my breath as i heard the running get closer. The first two guys ran by, but i sneezed as the third one came closer, did he hear me?

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 7:28 pm
Sins says...

As I continued running, a sudden noise made me stop. It sounded like a sneeze. As I stopped running, I watched the other two blokes run. Sighing heavily, I lifted my hand to my eye again and noticed that it was still bleeding. What was wrong with those fricking idiots? I hadn't even done anything to them.

Trying desperately to catch my breath, I leaned against the wall that stretched across the beach. I was so out of breath, I managed to ignore the smell of rotting food that was coming from the dumpster beside me. There was a numb aching feeling in my head, probably after that freak had punched me. I'd forgotten about the girl by now, quite frankly, I didn't even care now.

I sighed heavily once more and shut my eyes. I'd almost forgotten about the reason why I stopped running when I heard a shuffling sound next to me. The second I heard it, I froze. There was silence once again. I was about to turn around when suddenly, I felt something cold and hard smack against my head.

Before I could even think about doing anything else, darkness caved in on me until I saw nothing. I managed to hear the muffled sound of what sounded like a shriek before losing consciousness; completely.

66 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 8:32 pm
SisterItaly says...

I saw him stop. Crap! Now what was i going to do. I spread my hands out searching for something, anything! Just something i could hit him with. I found a board, perfect. I got onto my knees and looked up, i couldn't see who... but there was a guy leaning over the trash. Catching his breath. I stood up and smacked him over the head.

I looked at him and screamed, he wasn't a crypt! The other guys were long gone. I might be a small girl but i was strong. I grabbed him behind the arms and dragged him to the beach house. I lifted the mat, the key was still there. I unlocked the door and dragged him in. I left him in the front room while i scurried around the house, locking all the doors and windows. Then closed all the curtains and blinds. I went into the front room, then dragged him into the living room and set him on the couch.

His eye was bleeding, he must of had a scrap with someone, maybe the crypts? I ran into the kitchen and got some wet rags. I put one on his eye and one behind his head, where i hit him. I wiped the blood clean then went to the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. Peroxide, peroxide, where was the peroxide. There it is! I grabbed it and ran back beside him, but i was out of rags. I ripped the bottom of my skirt then soaked it in peroxide. I cleaned his cuts as he blinked awake.

The Book.

I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief