z

Young Writers Society

Venators

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:25 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

These days people like to believe there are creatures out there in the night like werewolves, vampires, fairies, and so many other 'mythical' creatures. Once the lights come back up they know that what they were thinking about was just fake. Why wouldn't they believe it was fake, there has never been any proof of any of these creatures. They are written about, but that is just fantasy, right?

Wrong. Vampires are out there, werewolves and all the others too. But how is the world not over run by them? How are they not known about?

Since the only reason people still talk about them is because of books we must be doing our jobs. We're Venators. What is a Venator? Well, the word is latin for Hunter. We are the ones that keep you safe. Some people call us vampire slayers, werewolf hunters, gypsies. You name it, but honestly those things are quiet different then us. The slayers, hunters, and gypsies are human. Where as we, well what we are isn't really known. There aren't any stories about us, there aren't any written history no matter how deep you look. What we know about ourselves is only what we learn by fighting to stay alive. We run by our senses. The history of our people is implanted in our brains to be unlocked whenever our brain decides that we need that information. We never age, honestly we are masters of disquise. You may call us invincible, 'gods' even. But we aren't. Yes, we are the most powerful type of creature on the earth, but that does not mean we are invincible. There are creatures everywhere hunting for us while we hunt for them. Trying to wipe us out. And they nearly have on several occasions. But we have some how managed to stay alive. If we weren't to live, well it would be adios earth, humans, everything. We are what keeps the peace. Because of that most creatures are friendly towards us, but there are the bands that want us dead because just one of us could wipe out their whole group.

Why don't we? Well simple, we are only allowed to go on the hunt when the world is in danger. The rest of the time we have to stay hidden and act normal. About once a week we go out and kill a vampire, a wolf, whatever that is causing problems. When we aren't getting rid of the problem ones we have to go and clean up messes. Some of the creatures are so stupid when it comes to a kill. Always leaving marks and things that can be traced back to their breed, and don't get me wrong there are some people that suspect that mythical creatures are real. Like really think it and will follow trails that we can not allow to be followed. The world depends on us to keep them alive. That is just how it is.

So I tell you all this jibberish just to allow you to see what I am. I am a Venator. One of the roughly twenty left on the earth. But I'm no normal Venator. I'm a protector. My job is to make sure that the Venators of the next generation survive. That the babies if you will, are ok. We are picked by fate, born from normal parents, or Venator parents. I must make sure the ones that are born from human parents survive. There are five of them that are due this year. We lost all but one last year. Which is normal. It is a fight when they are all due in the same year, sometimes on the same day. One major problem, the Venator's first rule. Never, ever, count on help. What you must do to save man kind or a baby you must be able to do by yourself.

***I gotta go, but is this ok? I think I got carried away, it may not make any sense, if it doesn't let me know and I'll redo it. :D It took me five minutes to type up anyway. :P ***
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:11 am
View Likes
Knurla says...

Ok, I'm going to start this as best as I can. Let me know if you want me to change anything.

This is what I was born to do. Lana, currently wrestling a roughly 150 pound werewolf, was getting quite tired of this. One of them was going to die, and it wasn't her. She had seen the werewolf preying on humans, and after the first death, had put in a semi-formal request that it stop killing humans and move on. Well, it had been more like a demand. Unfortunately, the beast decided not to listen. So, for the past hour or so, it was a game of tag. Lana running after the thing, stopping to wrestle is down, then it running off to repeat the process over and over again.

This time, she was going to kill it, no questions asked. She removed her knife with one hand, while fighting off the werewolf's teeth with the other. Before it could bite her, she lodged the knife deep into it's heart. There was loud whimper, and the thing slumped over on top of her. With a grunt and shove, Lana pushed him off of her and fell back to ground, just looking up at the night sky. The forest she was in most likely hid their little skirmish, but she was tired and figured she needed to rest. What would she do now? Bury the thing? Leave it out here and wait for its body to mold back into the human form? Well, might as well just lay here for now.
Formerly known as AmberAngst

110 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:00 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

You are fine. :D Do you want to have two different characters or just one, I'll post for a guy until I get a reply about it. :D I can easily be rid of him if needed I believe. And no they dont have to fall in love. :P

I smiled from the trees above Lana and the dead werewolf. I watched her sit down and relax, well as best she could after having such a fight as she had just had. I rolled my neck quietly and then jumped on the ground.

"Your fighting style hasn't changed much." I chuckled leaning against a tree in the shadows. She jumped up high and glared towards the shadow I was in. I uncovered my scent long enough for her to catch wind of it so she wouldn't try and attack me. What was I supposed to do, last I checked I wasn't Lana's favorite Venator.

"Have you been here this whole time, Cody?" She demanded.

"Maybe." I laughed stepping into the light. "How are you, Lana?"
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:18 pm
View Likes
Knurla says...

I'll post just one, but if we need/want I'll make another character.

Lana glared at him. She felt like a fool for not noticing him earlier. What if he had been some creature, waiting to strike? Well, Venators were pretty much the only species that could mask their scent, or the only ones that the world knew of. Today had been a long day, with that strenuous fight with the werewolf. She didn't want to be here, talking to Cody.

"I've been just fine, thank you." She half turned her body towards the werewolf and kicked it, "Since you're here, you can help me figure out what to do with this thing."

"Oh really?" He said. "Why did you kill it? Was he killing off humans? And what makes you think I want to help you?" He was grinning, and it irked Lana.

"You would have left by now, had you not intended to do something about it. Correct? Or are you just here to aggravate me?"

110 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:45 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

I confused myself with that. :P I meant...oh never mind we're good. :D

"Aggravating you has always been so much fun, dear Lana." I smiled. She turned and glared at me and I couldn't help but laugh a little. "He'll shift to human form in a few seconds, we can check to see if there are any marks on his body, then leave him to be found. It'll be an unsolved case along with all the others."

"You'd think someone would link them all together." She sighed. I shook my head.

"No, to many humans cause unsolved cases that we are just a small percentage." I shrugged as I watched the fur fade away from the body and slowly it turned into the form of a man. "He was small, big wolf small man. That is very rare."

"You're telling me. I only expected to be here for about half an hour with this stupid wolf." She growled. I knew what she meant, I'd run into a few mutant mutants in my time. Creatures that were in some way rare from the rest of their kind. "Now, since he has shifted back to human I'm leaving." It was time for me to get serious or I wouldn't be able to get her help. Lana was a hunter, a Venator that was to keep the peace. She got the fun job, where as I had to be a protector. Oh I was a hunter too, whenever there wasn't a Venator baby about to be born. Three weeks before a baby is born I find out where, and when. Only problem is so do other species of beings that want it dead. I could normally protect a baby, no problem. But when there are twins about to be born, well all hell breaks lose.

"I need your help, Lana." I said as she started to turn and leave. She stopped, I had to make my case fast. It was times like these that I wished I didn't drive her up the wall and make her near hate me.

"I thought you could take care of a baby yourself." She replied turning around.

"Twins." I replied. "Right in the middle of no where. Easy target. Mother isn't going to make it, but the babies will if I can keep them safe. Since there isn't a town near the mother for fifty or so miles, and neighbors are scarce she is a sitting duck and so are the babies."
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:31 pm
View Likes
Knurla says...

Ok, I'm gonna add in a little story twist.

Lana ground her teeth together. She had once been pregnant with her own Venator child, but being a hunter, she knew how to protect herself and the child. No one even knew about the baby, except for a few creatures that had wandered up to her hiding spot. She hasn't seen the child since she was born, but she knew it was the best way to protect it's identity. Lana rarely thought about him, the child, but it was times like these that made her remember.

"Fine. Only because our race is near extinction. Don't think for once that I'm doing it to be nice." She turned, and marched out of the woods. Cody would follow, and he did.

"Well, don't you think we should go there now?" He asked, trying to rush her.

"Yes, of course. I just want to get as far away from that thing as possible."

110 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:05 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Sweet

I stopped and laughed. "Lana, you are going the wrong way." I smiled as she turned around and looked at me.

"Then lead the way." She replied. I smiled and turned and took off at full speed. I heard her come up behind me and I smiled. We'd be there in ten minutes, tops. "Whats the rush, how far out is she?"

"The normal, I sensed her today and went to check her out. We've maybe an hour before the others sense her." I replied. "We can talk more about it when we get there. This girl is maybe twenty, lives by herself. Owns a small farm. I've already made sure she thinks she knows me from her past. I'm a close friend staying with her til the baby is born."
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:48 pm
View Likes
Knurla says...

"Sounds legit, I suppose." They were nearing the farm now, she could smell the animals. Sure enough, the little farm house came into view, and they stopped at the tree line. If the woman had any dogs, they would alert her if the two of them came any closer.

"Well, what should we do about my story? Same thing, or add in some more details?" Lana was surveying the entire farm while they stood there, checking out all the possible places of where an attack might be easiest. These creatures that hated the Venators always took the easiest way in, easiest way out. Most species, especially the werewolf, didn't have much common sense. Usually it was just the wolves who went psycho, due to the transformation.

"Hmmm, I didn't think about that." He said.

"Of course you didn't." Lana sighed and rolled her eyes.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:46 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Cody growled low and looked at her frowning. "I'm supposed to protect, not think about how to give others they're cover story." He replied walking towards the house.

"Wait, what is my story?" She growled grabbing his arm.

"You're my little sister, I don't care. But I want to make sure she is ok." He replied.

"I can smell her, she seems fine." She replied.

"Lana, switch to protect mode, her scent never changes whether she is ok or not." He replied. "Not til the babes are closer to coming."
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:02 am
View Likes
Knurla says...

Lana wasn't used to protecting anyone but herself. Technically, she protected the humans, but she also used them as well. Being a Venator, she hunted them but didn't kill; Watched over over them, but didn't protect. Cody did, however, and he pretty much lived for it.

"Come on." She advanced towards the woman's home, but stopped about two yards from the door. "Cody..." She turned to look back at the trees, "Do you hear it?" Something had found the woman's home, and was heading right towards them.

Cody nodded, "Yeah. Might as well not even go inside now." She saw him place his hand on his weapon, and Lana did the same.

"So, you plan on being guard dog and letting me get this one?" She grinned and removed her large hunting knife that she used to kill that werewolf.

"No, but you can take this first one if you want, and I'll stay here until more show up. If one knows where she is, then more will come."

110 Reviews

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:07 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Cody watched as she froze listening to the sound of the on coming creature. He smiled and walked to the shadows of the house and closed his eyes as he listened to the creature, then felt the wind as Lana moved swiftly towards it. He took a deep breath and growled low in his throat.

"Hello, Cody." A sickening sweet voice said. He looked up and narrowed his eyes. Keller, Samantha Keller. She was a Venator, by blood she was still a Venator, but none of them wanted anything to do with her. She was now a bounty hunter, worked for pay for who knows what reason.

"Samantha." He said curtly. "Leave, now." He growled.

"Oh, you know I can't do that Cody." She smiled moving towards him. He stayed still, his body relaxed his voice wasn't.

"Samantha, you know I could kill you without a problem." He growled.

"Why haven't you? You haven't gone soft have you, Cody?" She laughed.

"Samantha, leave." He hissed. "Now."

"No, I'm here for the human. You know that. Now Cody, why don't you kill me?" She purred as she cocked her ear Lana was still fighting. "Can you not kill the mother of your kid?" He felt a knife slip into his heart and he hissed low in his throat.

"Samantha, leave!" He growled once more slowly standing up. She backed up when he moved towards her.

"Where's my kid, Cody!" She hissed.

"I will never tell you that, cause you'll kill her!" He hissed.

"I wouldn't do that!" She hissed.

"Like hell you wouldn't, now you've five seconds to leave." He growled low. She hissed and then turned and left.

"I'll be back." She called back to him. He narrowed his eyes and frowned. He should've killed her a long time ago, but he would never be able to explain it to Karrie. He heard Lana kill the beast and then come over.

"There aren't anymore." She said. He grunted and turned to the door. "Why does it smell like Keller?"

"She was here." He replied. "We'll have to be extra careful." He knocked on the door as she walked over to his side. Missy opened the door and looked at him smiling.

"Cody!" She grinned giving him a hug. He forced a smile hugging the girl back. "I didn't think you'd come back."

"I told you I would. Missy I want you to meet a friend of mine, Lana. She's helping me out with some things you wouldn't mind her staying here would you?" Missy looked Lana over and frowned a little.

"Do you trust her?" Missy asked.

"Yes." He replied.

"Fine, but I don't want her here when you aren't." Missy replied turning and walking in the house.

*Twist of my own.*
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:42 am
View Likes
Knurla says...

Lana glared at Missy, "Oh don't worry. I wouldn't be here, if it wasn't for...him."

Cody nudged her hard with his elbow, "Be nice, Lana. She's right not to trust anyone."

"Whatever." She followed Cody and the woman into the small house. It was bare, old, and dirty. Not Lana's preferred lifestyle.

"So, Missy, how have you been since I last left?"

Missy looked up from a pot of some kind of stew cooking, "Cleaning, mostly. As you can see, I haven't got much cleaning done, because of these awful stomach cramps."

Lana looked up at the woman, "The nesting. It's happening. It means the child will be coming soon, and you're probably having contractions. Which means you're in labor."

Both Cody and Missy stared at her, "How do you know all of that?" Missy asked, and Cody had the same question written on his face.

Lana paused, "Oh...It's just a woman thing, I guess."

110 Reviews

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:10 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Cody narrowed his eyes and then looked at Missy.

"These boys are being a pain for sure." She sighed as she moved to the sink and closed her eyes clutching the sink.

"Missy, how about you sit?" Cody said walking over and gently leading her to a chair where she sat down.

"Thanks." She sighed. He nodded and looked at Lana, something was bugging her a tad and he wasn't sure what. He didn't care. He descretly sniffed the air and listened for any danger. None lurked close at the moment.
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:26 am
View Likes
Knurla says...

Lana looked at the floor, deep in thought. "Cody, I'm going outside for...some fresh air."

"Umm, ok. Just don't hurt yourself out there." He gave her a 'you know what's out there so you better be careful' look. Lana nodded and headed outside, closing the door behind her.

The sun had already set, and it was getting darker by the minute. Pretty soon, deadly creatures would start roaming around. For now, she couldn't wait until then. That way, she could get all of this baby stuff off her mind. Cody wasn't helping, but he never was a big help when it came to moral support. Was that her own fault? Was she always the one pushing people away?

110 Reviews

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:39 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Cody got Missy to go to bed. She was so paranoid that she wouldn't sleep in a room with a window which was perfectly fine with him. He sat outside the door running a hand over his face and shutting his whole body down other then his senses so he would know if anything came the second it stepped in a mile radius.

*UGH< I'm going to bed, bad day.*
Want a Readers crit???

Despite everything, it's still you.
— TobyFox