z

Young Writers Society

Finding the Escape **Bolt and Tiger**

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:56 pm
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

Alyson was trapped. Stuck here in this place. She had been planning to escape for so long, but she didn't actually think it would work. Not unless she had her 'twin.' He could be dead for all she knew.

Ally stopped her thoughts. He couldn't be dead. It would kill her if he really was. He was like her family. After the government had stuck them together in this expeirment, they had grown close.

Ally had been struggling to send him thoughts for a while now, but, of course, she wouldn't be able to do that. She was weak without him.

"Alyson," a tenor voice called. "It's your workout session." She rolled her eyes. While they kept her locked away for most of the day, they had to let her work some too. This was where her plan came into action.

She walkde outside, and just as she suspected there were only three guards. Too bad they hadn't realized that Ally had been practicing her power on the guard dogs. Of course, they hadn't noticed their weird behavior, but Ally had. With concentration, she could control at least four minds.

She looked at the huge, barb wired fences. You'd think she was in jail, but no, she was only a scientific expeirment.

Yesterday, Alyson had found a spot where it was loose. For once, she was glad she was so small. Maybe, just maybe, she could squeeze under that area. This was her only chance for escaping.

I'm coming Spencer, she thought, concentrating hard. She knew it never worked, but she tried anyway.

Finally she squinted her eyes and let the three guard's minds flow into hers and then her mind flow into theirs. She bent their will to her own and they stood stock still.

Ally ran for the fence, making sure the men were still under her control. Her head hurt, but she didn't let go of their minds. This was harder than controlling the dogs.

She scrambled under the fence, but her hips caught and she was stuck. She squirmed and wiggled, but she couldn't get loose.

"Hey!" One of the guards yelled. "She's escaping! She's escaping!"

Alyson cursed. She had lost control of two of the guard's minds in her attempt to wiggle out. At least she could control one mind, though.

She felt a strong hand grab her ankle. Ally screamed and kicked. A sickening crunch followed by the hand unwrapping around her ankle. With a painful push, Ally was free.

She took of running, not bothering to control any minds. It wouldn't help. She needed to run for the woods and hide. Too many people would be coming after her for her to control their minds.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:21 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

I set down my controller, and took my head set off. Late night Halo-6 (yes 6, been twenty years after all) with friends, good times. The times had to end though, and I needed sleep. I crawled into my bed, and stared at the ceiling. My mind drifted back to those years in that prison.

I had never found out if Ally had ever gotten out like me. My parents told me they were not able to get them all out, and one had gotten left behind. Some nights I heard her voice, with nightmares of the holding cells. Not all the memories were bad though, sometimes I dreamed of the rush and power I got when I was around Ally. All I could do. Now all I could do was make a bit of a spark, and drain the batteries in a remote.

Yeah, not sure where to go right now.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:38 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Alyson ran for her life. She ducked behind a bush when she heard feet pounding behind her.

"She couldn't have gotten very far," one man spoke, quickly. "She's just a teenager. And without the other little brat she's not strong. We have three teams out here. She won't be going anywhere.

Ally's breath hitched in her throat. She kept telling herself to remain calm, but it was easier said then done.

The footsteps grew faint now, and she finally had the nerve to poke her head out of the bushes. It was growing dark now. Ally was thankful for that. She could use it as cover.

Trees surrounded her. Every little sound caused her to jump. Still, she got up and started running. Spencer had taught her a little about directions. She could follow the path of the sun, but since it had just sank below the horizon, she was out of luck.

Ally's breath was labored now. She wasn't in the best shape after being left in her 'room' with hardly any exercise. She was scared to death of being caught again, but she still kept moving.

Up ahead, the trees looked like they were thickening. Ally ran for her life. The trees grew thinner and thinner, and finally the woods just...stopped. She heard loud honks of cars and she tripped, falling backward.

In front of Alyson was a highway. Behind her, the woods were too thick to see the large prison like lab where she was kept. Every once and a while people would look at her, confused. She could only imagine what she looked like. After running through the woods, she must not have been a pretty sight.

Ally ran across the highway once it was safe and sat on the grass there. She felt like crying. The last bit of her fear was washing through her system and now she felt...the freedom. She did it! She really did it!
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; but the valiant will never taste of death but once."
— Julius Caesar