z

Young Writers Society

Forbidden **Tiger and Chup's!**

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:13 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Dylan let out a soft laugh and hung her head, her brown locks falling in her face, across her blue eyes. "Is it Melissa Joyt?" She'd gotten awfully close to Melissa the first time she visited, a couple years back, after her mother fell ill. She'd told Melissa everything, including her mother's illness and her secret infatuation with Prince Nathaniel. Of course, then she didn't realize that Melissa was friends with Nathaniel. Certainly, if Melissa told him, he would've forgotten.

Nathanial shrugged and looked down at her, and it was then she she realized that his arm was draped across her shoulders, and that caused her to blush deeply. Thank God it was dark in the storage room. "Yeah, it is. She's great, huh?" He sounded slightly admirable.

**Sorry, I'm back and forth between my house, and my grandmothers.**
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:07 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Yeah," Dylan smiled. "She's a very good friend." Nathan nodded.

"How about we both go see her tomorrow. She's much better at this comforting thing than I am. Besides it seems like forever since I've went to visit. She's likely to kick me for that," he laughed.

"Really, it's fine, Prince Nathaniel," Dylan said, slightly surprised.

Nathan shook his head. "I insist. It was Melissa who made me a better person in the first place. Before she was my friend, I might have been one of the ones laughing," he frowned, not liking the thought, but knowing it was true. Meeting Melissa had been one of the best things that ever happened to him. She was like a sister to him.

Dylan looked like she was ready to object again but Nathan cut in. "Let's get out of here. I'd better get back to mother before she starts crying. As much as I think otherwise, she does love me and I did go off on her earlier."

Nathan helped Dylan up and lead her out of the old storage room. "I'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning," he smiled down at her. "I'm not going to miss out on Melissa's cooking."

**I was supposed to go to my grandma's house, but her church freaks me out. lol. Everytime I go there all her older 'friends' always crowd around me telling me how big I got even though they saw me two weeks ago, haha.**
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

23 Reviews

Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:03 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Haha, my great aunts do that to me every weekend. :lol: Hey, I think there needs to be something between Miguel and Dylan, if that's alright with you. Though, it'd only be until the dance, and after that he'd probably completely ignore her**

After everyone had retired to their quarters, including the queen and all the princesses, Dylan let out a sigh. Hannah and Jenny had already went home, not punished for meddling with the queen's dinner. She flopped into the largest chair in the dining room, the queens chair, and took a deep breath of air. The dining table was completely cleared, all scraps that hadn't been eaten already on a platter for Dylan to take home.

When the queen laughed at her, it really hurt. She knew the queen only did it in order to keep her image, but it still hurt. The queen was always like a second mother to Dylan, only more rich and powerful. "Done already?" A familiar, and rather undesirable voice flooded into the dining room.

Dylan looked back, and rolled her eyes at Miguel, who was holding a glass of wine in his right hand, pinky out like the pansy he was. "Yes sire," she growled, knowing that if she called her anything else she was likely to receive a second slap.

"Oh, tut tut. Why must you sound so angry?" Miguel asked smoothly, walking up behind her, his dress robes flowing. She could feel his breath on her neck, and it almost made her sick.

"Just tired, sire." She sighed, eyes drooping ever so slightly. However, they shot open when fingers danced across her collar bone, ice cold on the long burn there.

"That princess gave you a good one, aye?" He sounded like he was smirked.

"Yes, sire." Dylan swallowed the knot in her throat. His hand withdrew and he stuffed in his his pant pocket.

"Would you mind showing the way to my room? I've forgotten how to get there." Dylan couldn't hold back her suspicious glance at him, and he smirked maliciously, sending a shudder of sheer terror down her spine. "Well?" Dylan nodded and stood, leading the way towards Miguel's room which was, coincidentally, beside Prince Nathaniel's.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:42 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

**I was actually thinking the same thing. ^_^ I didn't know if you'd be up to it though. Then Nathan could get all jealous.**

Nathan had been forced to sit through the entire party. It was torture, really, but he did it for his mother. He did love her, it was just...well, sometimes she could be a little too snooty.

"Oh, Nathan," his mother exclaimed, once most of the guests went home or retired in one of the spare rooms. "Did you see a girl that caught you're eye."

He thought again of Dylan. She would probably be a good friend to him and that cheered him up enormously.

"Sort of," he said, smiling. The queen gasped.

"Who! Oh Nathan really?!" The look on her face was positively delighted.

"Oh, uh, Princess Caledonia (?)," he lied.

His mother beemed. "Oh yes, she was beautiful, wasn't she."

Nathan nodded, sadly. He wasn't going to marry for beauty. "If you'd excuse me," he told his mother. "I'm a little tired."

Nathan headed towards his room to see Miguel's door shut quickly. His eyebrow's furrowed. What was he doing? Preying on another servant?
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

23 Reviews

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:03 am
Chupatoasta says...

*Haha, yeah I'm up for anything anytime =] Ooh, to make it even better... maybe he could offer her money... like for her mother and stuff. It sounds odd, but let me post and you'll see what I mean*

Dylan tapped her foot impatiently as she waited for Miguel to finish tying his boot. He smiled, standing proudly, and looked down the hall. Prince Nathaniel had just walked out of his mother's room and was heading towards his own. Suddenly, Miguel gripped Dylan's arm and opened his door shoving her in.

Dylan hit the ground with a yelp, her head spinning slightly. Miguel stood, towering over her as he lit a candle. "What are you doing?!" She demanded, to angry to bother with the 'sire'.

"Let me tell you how it's going to work, girly." Miguel smiled maliciously. "You're going to do exactly what I tell you, when I tell you. Tonight, and then the night of the ball. You'll be my... date." He smiled smugly.

Dylan let out a laugh, standing back to her feet the strongest she could. "Like hell." She spat like poison. Miguel just laughed loudly.

"You'll do it."

"No!" She screeched rather loudly, gasping in pain when Miguel gripped the back of her neck tightly.

"I'll pay you ten pounds." He got closer, causing her to whimper. "That's two hundred shillings. Even you have never held that much gold before." He sneered leeringly, knowing she needed the money with her mother's sickness.

~

The next morning Dylan whimpered lightly, pulling herself out of a extravagant and pricey bed. Everything hurt, and she wasn't going to deny it. She grabbed her wad of a dress off the ground. It would have to be washed, considering it hadn't been cleaned after the dinner incident. With a small whimper, she stumbled over to Miguel's wardrobe, pulling out a pair of inexpensive trousers and a cheap cloth shirt. She pulled her hair up into a still messy bun and slid into the clothes, grabbing the two bags of gold off his desk along with her dress. Hopefully, nobody was up.

Stepping out of Miguel's room, her eyes caught those of Nathaniel's, who was walking out of his own room.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:18 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

**I got it. At first I thought you meant he was going to buy her mother. ^_^ Poor Dylan.**

Nathan was furious. He looked down at Dylan who's whole face was set in pain. Anger and...jealousy were burning deep inside his gut. No, not jealousy...not anger, he assured himself.

"What did you do?" He hissed. Dylan shrunk back as he stormed towards her.

"Prince Nathaniel, please, I was only-" she started. Nathan noticed the small bag in her hand and gasped.

"Miguel...he-he paid you?" He asked, incredulously. Dylan looked to be on the verge of tears.

"It's for my mother, Prince Nathaniel. She needs this money so much. She's sick," she replied, pleading for him to understand.

As much as Nathan dispised the fact that Dylan had just slept with Miguel, he knew why she did it. Taking a deep breath he stepped away from her.

"I apologize if I...if I frightened you, Dylan. It's just, well, I know how Miguel can be and I saw the door slam shut last night," he paused. "If I only knew I would have made sure you had gotten the money without...well, what happened."

Nathan looked down at Dylan's sweet face. She was so young! Yet, she looked so much like a women, he could see why Miguel...Nathan shook his head.

"Please wait here," he said quietly to Dylan. "I'll be right back."

Nathan strode into Miguel's room and shoved him off the bed. Miguel jumped up, surprised. By looking into Nathan's furious face, he knew he had been caught.

"Nathan, I-" he started.

"You bribed a poor girl to sleep with you!" He roared. "She'll never get back what you have just stolen from her you selfish animal!"

"Nathan I-" he tried again.

"No!" He shook his head. "Enough. You will apologize to the girl and you will never, ever see her again. Understood? If I catch you with her, I will have you banished."

Miguel's eye's widened. "But Nathan!" he exclaimed.

"It's Prince Nathaniel, actually," he replied, angrily.

He grabbed Miguel by the collar and shoved him out the door. "Apologize," Nathan hissed.

"I apologize Dylan," he grunted.

"Now get out. Now," he told him, as Miguel scrambled away. Nathan turned back to Dylan.

"Let's get you cleaned up. We'll go to Melissa's today, like I said. You don't have to tell her if you don't want, but I'm sure she could help you more than I," Nathan said kindly to Dylan, rubbing his temples.

23 Reviews

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:37 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Haha, after what Dylan's went through with her mother, I highly doubt she'd ever sell her... :lol: Hey, did we ever like grab a picture of what Nathaniel and Dylan look like? I don't even have a clue of either of their appearances**

Tears rocked on the edge of Dylan's eyes as she followed Nathaniel slowly, the bag of coins hanging limply from the over-sized trousers that had threatened to fall off Dylan's hips before she managed to tie them tight with a piece of rope. After making sure the queen and everyone else was asleep, Nathan led her to a bath house, taking her dress from her slim fingers.

"You go ahead and wash up. I'll find someone to clean this for you and get you a set of clothes." Dylan nodded silently, sending him a small smile. Nathan's squeezed her shoulder in his best attempt at comfort for the moment before he disappeared. Letting her strip down and soak in the water.

Ten minutes later, Dylan was finally relaxed and she soaked deeper into the hot water. She'd been so used to bathing in the river, she'd almost forgotten what a real bath felt like. "Dylan?" Nathan's voice rang on the other side of the door.

"Yes?" She called weakly, still completely submerged in water.

"Here. I brought you this." He appeared in the room, laying a dress, trousers, and shirt on the table. "I wasn't sure what you wanted, so I just grabbed this." Dylan smiled thankfully at him.

"Thank you." She smiled softly, Nathan soon nodding and hurrying out of the room.

After bathing and massaging her scalp with real soap, Dylan stood up, letting out a small cry as she fell back into the water. Her lower stomach muscles hurt extremely terribly. Letting out a small whimper, Dylan unsteadily got to her feet, a labored breath coming out of her mouth every step she took to the clothes. Studying the dress, Dylan instantly folded it back up and pushed it away. It was far to extravagant.

After pulling on her clothes, Dylan slowly made her way back out to Nathaniel, smiling gratefully at him when she rounded the corner.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:55 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

**I don't think we ever did. I think we should, because I don't even know what they look like either! ^_^ Nice that we wrote this much without it.**

Nathaniel smiled down at Dylan. She was far prettier than any of the princesses from last night.

"We're going to take a small carriage instead of...well, riding a horse wouldn't exactly help you would it?" He asked, a blush creeping up on his cheeks. "I mean, I know it would be uncomfortable.

Dylan nodded a little and Nathan sighed. "Alright then, let's head off to Melissa's."

Melissa wasn't very rich herself, but she wasn't poor. She was the daugter of one of the moe wealthy merchants. Nathan helped Dylan into the carriage and then climbed in after her.

"I haven't rode in one of these in a while," he laughed a little. "I feel like sucha girl. No offense."

23 Reviews

Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:13 am
Chupatoasta says...

Dylan laughed rather loudly and quickly covered her mouth, blushing deeply. She cleared her throat and smiled, clutching her stomach in hidden pain. "None taken. In truth though, I've only ridden in one once before, well that I remember. With my mother and... father."

"You don't have to tell me, but what happened to your father and mother?" Dylan sighed shakily, nails digging into the fabric of her top.

"No, I'll tell you." This surprised even her. She'd told people of her mother, but never her father. "My father was the Duke, my mother the Duchess a long time ago. My brother, who has already took their spot, and my father went hunting one day, and one came back, but my father never did. My brother, Duke Driar, told my mother, who at the time was pregnant with me, that it was a bear mauling, but she never believed him. She knew that her son killed his own father and her grief of this caused her to fall into a depression and be kicked out of the Duchess's position. The queen was a great friend on my mother, and took her in as head servant. When I was ten, my mother fell gravely ill. The doctor said he didn't know what it was, but many other woman had fallen ill to this as well. My mother was bed ridden, and all I could do was take her spot as head servant."

"So, you've been here as the head servant for seven years?" Dylan smiled crookedly, slight pain in her eyes, and nodded. She'd known that he never recognized her. She usually liked to stay hidden when he came into the room, usually hiding behind the queen to hide her embarrassment.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:28 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Nathan stretched out a little. "Well, at least it's comfy in here," he sighed. "How are you faring anyway?"

He turned toawrds Dylan who shrugged. "Been through worse," she replied. Nathan shook his head.

"I admire strength," he admitted. "Something I wish I had more of, but sometimes you act too...well, you just act like nothing bothers you."

Dylan looked over at him curiously. "And how would you know what bothers me and what dosen't?" She asked.

He grinned. "Let's just say I'm very good at reading people's facial emotions and such," he replied. "So, are we switching the subject then Dylan?"

Nathan cocked an eyebrow, still smiling. "Does this converstation...bother you?"

23 Reviews

Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:07 am
Chupatoasta says...

**I don't entirely get your post. :lol: Maybe I'm just too big of a doof to though**

Dylan blushed softly, turning her head away from him to look out of the window on the carriage shortly, her eyes locking on those of her brother's as they passes the Duke's Mansion. She sent him a glare and he smiled smugly, flowing back into the mansion, his ornate jewelry twinkling against each other.

With a shudder, Dylan looked back over at Nathaniel. "Just a bit," she smiled kindly, making him laugh whole-heartily. She really didn't like to show her feelings before royalty. It made her feel like the dog they shoved her around like. She knew that Nathaniel was different, but she still didn't want to show anything. Like the tears of pain she was holding back as she gripped her stomach tighter. Sitting made her muscles hurt even worse.

*UGH*
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:25 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**No, my fault. lol. Sometimes I've just got to slow down when I write. ^_^**

The carriage pulled up to Melissa's place soon. Nathan got out and helped Dylan down. He saw her grimance and try to hide it, quickly.

"You alright?" He asked in an undertone.

"Fine," she replied. Nathan sighed and walked towards Melissa's house. The door swng open, reavealing a pretty young girl, before he was even halfway down the path.

"Prince Nathan!" She squealed, rushing towards him and enveloping him in a hug.

"Hey, Melissa," he laughed, hugging her back and trying to ignore her death choke around his neck.

"Hey Dylan!" Melissa excalimed, hugging her soon after. "What is the meaning of this trip over here."

Nathan nodded for Dylan to talk.

23 Reviews

Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:41 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Dylan swallowed the lump in her throat and opened and closed her mouth a few times. She felt like a fish out of water. "Erm," a smile instutaniously covered her face, "we just wanted to come see you!" She smiled, hugging Melissa again. Melissa laughed loudly, pushing Dylan back gently.

"Liar. You live only a few paces across town. You could come see me anytime. Now really, what's wrong?" Melissa, noticing Dylan's nervousness out in the open, sighed and smiled kindly. "I get it, come on, let's go inside. I've got hot tea cooking." Dylan smiled thankfully and followed Melissa in, Nathan trailing behind her.

After she and Nathan spoke a bit over tea, Melissa turned back to Dylan, Nathan doing the same. It felt more like an interrogation than a simple conversation. Dylan's eyes watered and she looked down quickly. "Now, now, what happened?" Melissa sat down beside her, hugging her consolingly.

"I had... and Miguel... money and mother." Dylan blubbered, crying against Melissa's shoulder as she hugged her tightly.

"So," Melissa started, looking at Nathan, "Miguel offered her money to give him," she cleared her throat, "entertainment for the night because he knew of her mother's illness and knew how bad Dylan needed it?"
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:53 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Nathan straighted his back and his eyes burned with rage. Miguel, his friend, had been known to do horrible things, but...not to this extent.

"And not without punishment. Don't worry, I plan to strip him of his title as my advisor, as well. He is no longer welcome in my palace."

Melissa nodded but seemed more concerned about Dylan's pain. "I have some medicine," she smiled. "My father got his hands on some from an old healer and I saved some of it for a rainy day."

Melissa left and Nathan and Dylan were left to make conversation while she was gone. Nathan cleared his throat.

"So for this whole incident, well," he paused. "I want to make it up to you."

"It was my choice, Prince Nathaniel," Dylan sighed. Nathan shook his head.

"But he was my supposed friend. I knew something was wrong the moment I heard that door close. Now, I was going to ask you to come to the ball. Not as a servant, but asa guest. No one will know who you are, being that mother wants us all to wear masks," Nathan laughed. "She thinks that will help me pick a princess easier. What she dosen't know is that it's actually there interiors that keep me from chosing one. So what do you say?"

23 Reviews

Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:03 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Dylan nibbled the corner of her lip, feeling a bit unsure. She wanted to go but she didn't have a thing to wear. Except... Dylan looked back at Nathan, a small smile on her face. "Nobody will know, right?" He nodded, looking to where Melissa was entering the room again.

"Well, I'd know, but I wouldn't tell anyone other than Melissa, since she'll be there too." Melissa looked up quickly, a smile on her face.

"The ball?" Nathan nodded. "Yes, I'll be there, like usual. Oh, I found the perfect dress for it too. Not to flashy, but not to poor looking?" She suddenly shot a worried look to Dylan, who seemed indifferent about it.

"Sure then... I suppose I'll go, if I can get Sophie to behave herself for a couple hours." She smiled softly, her sister's cute face popping into her mind.

"How is Sophie doing by the way?" Melissa smiled, sitting back down beside Nathan, who looked a little confused.

"She's fine. Mother's not to well though. Her disease, which the doctors keep calling cancer, is getting worse. She can hardly lift her head now." Dylan frowned slightly.
George Bernard Shaw

Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala