Young Writers Society

What Keeps Us Apart

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:42 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

Lily- http://valery-s.deviantart.com/art/Beau ... -122607386
Tori- http://average-jeau.deviantart.com/art/ ... 2-66389335

Lily ran a hand through her brown hair and took a deep breath as she looked in the mirror. She pulled her hair back in a pony tail and then pulled on a tank top and a pair of tight boot cut jeans and then her chacos. Summer had just started and Lily’s parents had just moved her to this huge city. She liked the country house they had also bought just twenty minutes away out in the middle of no where. She wasn’t a big fan of the city at all. She slipped out of the apartment and walked down the stairs to the lobby to see if her parents had come yet. When she turned the corner she ran into someone.
“Sorry.” She said jumping back and looking at the girl in front of her.
“It’s fine, you new?” The girl asked.
“Ya, my parents just moved in. I’m Lily Rhymes.” Lily replied sticking her hand out.
“Tori Healea.” The girl smiled. She had long brown hair and stood a few inches taller then Lily.
“Do you live here too?” Lily asked.
“Ya, for a few years.” Tori replied with a smile.
“Sweet, so what is there to do around here. So far it doesn’t look that grand.” Lily said as they walked into the lobby.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:01 pm
Ellyphant says...

"Uh," Tori kind of laughed. "That's the problem. Nothing. Well, there is a sitting area smack dab in the middle, but no one really goes out there until it snows. It's very romantic when there's a blanket of white. I can't tell you how many make-outs of all ages have occured there." Tori said smiling. Lily giggled.
"That's strange," she said. Tori stared at her a bit before answering.
"Yah, it is. But you know, whatever to stay warm," she said laughing at her own comment. Lily found it funny also. Tori was automatically attracted to Lily. Lily was very natural and cute. They sat down on the couch. A tall man came out of what looked the kitchen.
"Hey, Tori! How are you today? Ooh, new girl?" he asked. He had a slightly feminine voice.
"Yes. This is Lily. Lily this is Jacob. She's new in the building. Her parents just moved in," Tori said grinning with an informing glint in her eye.
"Oh, how beautiful. How are you my dear?" he asked. Lily smiled.
"I'm good. How are you?" she replied.
"Oh just queerer than ever...and slightly gay," he said chuckling.
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

Random avatar

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:12 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

Lily looked at him confused. "You should meet my current boyfriend, oh he's a hunk." Jacob smiled. Lily smiled back and nodded.

"I'm sure." She smiled. Her parents would die if they'd heard that comment. It kinda intriqued Lily though.

"How about we go to my apartment for tea while you tell us about yourself." Tori smiled.

"Sounds....." She started.

"Already making friends, Lily?" Her mom asked walking over.

"Ya, this is Tori and Jacob." She smiled. "These are my parents."

"Nice to meet you both." Jacob smiled. Lily saw the look her mom gave him and she wanted to shrink into the ground.

"Yes, well, we need to unpack. Lily, would you mind coming with us?" Her dad said.

"Can I hang out...." The look her dad gave her made her stop. "Ya, be right up." Her parents walked off and she sighed.

"Strict?" Tori asked.

"I'm sorry about them, their........well mom is very closed minded." She said standing up. "Maybe we can hang out later."

"Ya, I'm apartment number 7, Jacob's next door." Tori smiled.

"Sweet, well I better hurry before they come back." She jumped up and hurried towards the stairs.

*A few hours later*

Lily's parents didn't say anythign about the encounter from earlier. They left to go back to the other house to pack up the rest and left Lily at the apartment. After a while she got bored of being by herself. She slipped out the door and walked down the hall three apartments and knocked on the door. Tori opened it and smiled.

"Hey, whats up?" Tori smiled.

"Parents went back to the old house and I'm bored out of my mind. I figured I might as well see if you wanted to hang out?" She replied shrugging a little.

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:30 pm
Ellyphant says...

"Sure, sure. Come on in," Tori said opening the door wider so Lily could come in. Lily walked in and noticed that it was very clean and the decorating was of a wide variety of styles.

"Nice place you have," Lily complimented. Tori took it gladly.
"Eh, I try. Would you like something to drink or eat?" Tori asked kindly walking over to the little area of kitchen.
"Um, may I have some water?" Lily asked. Tori nodded and fetched out a glass and pulled out a jug of water. She poured it in and walked over to where Lily was admiring the paintings hanging lankly on the wall.
"Who did these?" she asked.
"Um, my mother did these ones on this wall, and my Aunt Theresa did the ones scattered about," Tori said.
"They're all beautiful. Can you paint?" Lily asked. Tori shook her head.
"Not to save my life. Jacob sketches little cartoon images though. There in that room right there," Tori said pointing to a closed door. Lily opened it with Tori not far behind her. It was a childs room. Little cartoon images were framed and hanging on the wall everywhere. It was very cute. Tori had used a nuetral color; green; to decorate the room.
"Oh are you planning on having a baby?" Lily asked.
"Um, I'm looking into adoption and sperm donations, both," Tori replied sipping out of Lily's water. "Oh, this is yours," she said handing it to the new girls fragile looking hands.
"Can you not..." Lily paused waiting for an answer.
"I'm gay," was the answer she recieved. Tori kind of smirked. She waited for Lily to answer, but that wasn't the answer Lily was expecting. "It's okay, you can take all the time you need to absorb it," Tori said backing up a little.

**Just let me know if you don't want Lily to know that Tori's a lesbian yet.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

Random avatar

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:43 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

*tis fine*

Lily shrugged. "Oh, ok." She looked around. "So are you hoping for a boy or a girl?"

"I don't care." Tori replied leaning against the door frame. "Apple fell a long way from the tree huh?"

"If you mean me from my parents, depends on the topic. When it comes to gays, love is love. The heart doesn't care the gender." Lily replied looking over at her. "Everyone choices there own path. My ex loved to tell me that I was wrong. When we broke up he nearly told my parents how I felt on the topic, but he won't tell them."

"Why is that?"

"I threatened to tell his parents about the pot and other things under his bed." Lily replied with a smile. "He shut up and we moved."

"Ah, the woes of love." Tori laughed.

"Yup, but it's normally worth it." Lily replied.

"That it is." Tori nodded. "So where did you live before?"

"Southern Texas." Lily replied as she looked at one of the cartoons.

"Heard it's hot there."

"It's not bad, no humidity. Ugly though, I'm not one for deserts." Lily replied looking back at her.

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:59 pm
Ellyphant says...

"Deserts aren't really my thing either. They're bland and boring. Like no rainbows...ever. I feel the same way about places that snow all of the time," Tori said looking at her. She tucked her hair behind her ear and continued standing in her position. "So your parents don't like queers, huh?" She asked already knowing the answer. "How old are you?" Tori asked Lily.

"Seventeen about to turn eighteen. You?" She said standing in the middle of the room.
"Twenty as of yesterday," Tori replied with a grin.
"Oh! That's cool. What did ya do?"
"Oh, nothing really. Watched a movie and hung out with Jacob and his new hottie. They tried to hook me up and she was okay, but not my type," Tori said shrugging. "Would you like to go for a walk?" Tori asked pleadingly.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

Random avatar

Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:08 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

Lily nodded. "Sounds great, can I grab my dog first?"

"Of course, what kind is he?" Tori asked as they walked to her front door.

"Husky and boxer mixed, she's kinda picky about people. She's not fond of my parents, but they agreed with me about getting her. So they couldnt' do anything about it." She said as they got to her apartment and opened the door. "If she comes up to you, stay still and she won't hurt you. If she's not growling your fine." The dog came running when Lily wistled and she ran right to Tori sniffing her hand then jumping up and licking her hand.

"Is this good?" Tori asked looking at the dog.

"It's crazy, she's never accepted anyone this openly before." Lily smiled. "Down, Ara." The dog sat down and looked at her. "Let go." She put the leash loosely on Ara and they walked out the door and otuside.

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:29 pm
Ellyphant says...

Tori liked the dog. Ara was a very cute name for her, too. She was very cute. Tori and Lily came up with a ton of things to talk about. Mainly because they were new meeting eachother, then they had a bunch of questions.

"What's it like being a lesbian?"Lily asked. Tori shrugged.
"Pretty much like being straight only your doing all of those things with girls. And your sex is totally different. Straight girls think it's the coolest thing since sliced bread. No one is really afraid to tell you things. But people have their little 'I hate queers' rituals and often rant about how much we have ruined their lives on the internet and how we're going to hell and things like that. There are the positives and the negatives. The one thing that I don't get is why people hate us so much. I mean, what did we do to them? You don't see us going around with our little signs saying 'I hate straights'..." Tori realized that she was rambling now. "Sorry. I'm rambling now. Well, would you ever even consider dating someone of the same sex?" Tori asked Lily.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

Random avatar

Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:54 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

"If my parents had to find out. No, I'd never heard the end of it and they'd kill me." She smiled.

"Ah yes. The life of being a minor." Tori laughed as they walked.

"That and not having somewhere of my own yet." She replied as they got to a park and she let Ara off the leash.

"You sure thats a good idea?" Tori asked as Ara took off running.

"She'll stay within site and come straight back if anyone else comes around." Lily smiled.

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:11 pm
Ellyphant says...

"Oh, well she's been well trained. That's amazing," Tori said raising her eyebrows at Lily. Lily smiled and they both watched Ara goof off for a little bit. A man and his little boy came and started swinging. He looked over at Ara as she started heading back and looked at Tori. He smiled and waved. Tori waved back just trying to be friendly. Lily put Ara back on the leash.

"I was thinking about getting a Maltese. Do you know where I can get one?" Tori asked. Lily shrugged.

"No. If you try the pet adoption center often then you might find one soon," she said smiling. Tori smiled back. A gust of wind blew and their hair wrapped itself around their faces. Tori quickly fixed hers, but Lily was having a tad more trouble. Tori helped her.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

Random avatar

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:24 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

When Lily's hair was out of her face she was face to face with Tori. "Thanks." She breathed. She saw Tori's eyes dart to her her lips then her face moved towards her's before Ara barked jumping up on Lily's lap between the two. Tori laughed and pulled her hair back in a hair thing. Lily didn't know what to say or think. Ara barked happily as Lily stroked her head. "She's an attention hog." Lily managed to say.

'I'm sure, sense she really only likes you, now me, she must not get as much attention as most dogs." Tori smiled rubbing behind Ara's ear. "How about we go see if we can find a Maltese."

"Sounds good." Lily smiled as she stood up. Ara barked as they walked down the path. They walked through the big city side walks walking past groups of people. Several times Lily's hand brushed against Tori's and a shock of electricity would shoot up her arm. SHe didn't know what to think about it. They finally found a shelter and walked in.

"Please tell me your not here to drop that dog off." The girl behind the counter said.

"No!" Lily laughed. "No way."

"Do y'all have any Maltese?" Tori asked.

"Just had a litter of purebreds dropped off this morning. I don't see why people do that, they could get good money for the dogs, but they didn't have use for them." The girl shrugged. "Come on back here."

They walked back to the back where the puppies were in a crate.

"The momma is here too." The girl said pointing at the bigger dog.

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:40 pm
Ellyphant says...

"Oh my gosh! They are just too cute!" Tori squealed. Ara walked up to the glass and licked the glass. One of the puppies saw her and went to the glass and started barking and licking the glass, too. "I like them all. I don't know how to pick...can I see this little guy licking the glass?" Tori asked. Lily just smiled the whole time. The girl brought out the little puppy and it was a female. She handed her to Tori and the little Maltese licked and licked. It was just too cute.

"I have to take this one. Do you mind holding her for about a week while I get her things gathered up?" Tori asked the girl. She shrugged.
"No problem. But no more than a week and then she'll go back up for market," she said putting a hotpink collar around her that had 'sold' written in big black letters.
"Okay, thanks," Tori said holding the door open for Lily to get through. "What do you want to do now? Go back to the apartments? Do you need to go back home? Go get some supplies? Anything?" Tori asked Lily. Tori was excited that she was getting a pup. She had something to look foward to.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

Random avatar

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:52 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

Lily shrugged. "Well you need supplies for the new puppy, so I don't mind tagging along." She smiled. Tori was beaming. She's so beautiful she thought. THat thought nearly stopped her cold. They walked down the streets and into the pet store. Ara barked happily as she looked at everything. They filled a cart with puppy stuff then hauled it back to Tori's apartment where they set it all out.

"Looks like your ready." Lily smiled.

"Thanks for the help." Tori smiled. Ara barked from wehre she was laying by the door. "You too." Tori laughed.

"I had fun." Lily replied plopping on the couch. Ara whimpered wanting to come over, but Lily didn't call her over yet.

18 Reviews

Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:04 am
Ellyphant says...

"So did I. I'm almost always here and if I'm not I put a green sock out on the door knob. If I'm busy then it's a yellow sock. So when there isn't a sock on the door, feel free to barge in. No need to knock," Tori said smiling. Lily nodded.

"No problem. I guess I'll catch up with you later," Lily said backing up slightly. Tori nodded and as she started to leave Tori grabbed her hand and spinned her around cupping her face and kissing her. She let go.
"Sorry. I've been wanting to do that all day," Tori said backing up a ways to let Lily get some air and Tori prepared for her getting pissed off and slapping her or something so she stood still, ready for whatever came her way.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

Random avatar

Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:08 am
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

Lily bit her lower lip and smiled a little. "I'll see you later." She opened the door and slipped out with Ara walking down to her room hoping she looked normal as her nerves were racing. When she got to her apartment she leaned against the door and took a deep breath. She looked down at ARa who was looking at her.

"I've never felt like that when any of my boyfriends kissed me." She whispered. Ara barked and wagged her tail. She bit her lip and walked to her room. She had to do something to get her mind off it. But she couldn't. She wanted to know why Tori had wanted to do that, and why she felt this way. What it meant. SHe finally couldn't stand it any more. She walked out the door and down to Tori's apartment. She stood outside the door and took a deep breath. There wasn't a sock on the door. She bit her lower lip and almost walked back to her apartment before she grabbed the handle and pushed the door open. Tori was sticking some food in the microwave. She looked over and smiled.

"Hey, you forget something?" Tori said leaning against the counter.

"Um, no. Where's this put us?" She asked rocking back on her heels. "It was bugging me not knowing." She smiled.

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes