z

Young Writers Society

The Red Vine

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:50 pm
Ellyphant says...

I looked at him and started to feel strange.

"Rory, I don't think I want you watching out for me. I need to figure things out on my own, you know? I have to understand myself and decide what would be best for me. You watching over my every step and pulling on my hand if I go in a direction you don't want me to go doesn't help any. I have to do what I want to do. Not just what I need and what everyone else wants me to do. I have to decide for myself. I love you, I do...I just...need to take a break for a week or two. I'll come and get you when I am ready," I finished. I felt tears jolting at my eye line wanting to break free. I also felt laughter wanting to come loose and flood his mind. I smoothed his cheek and hesitated before kissing him gently. I stood up and walked down the porch steps heading into the woods, the cries of beastly crows echoing through the empty grounds. No sound except my heels squishing into the soil, cracking sticks, and crushing leaves. I went over what I told Rory in my head over and over and hoped to Jesus that I was doing the right thing. I also found myself begging Satan to let me do the right thing, also.

When I came to a third of a way inside the woods I turned around when I heard the moaning of a tree. Beside it was the back of a woman. Her black hair reached her waist and looked like silk. Her body had all the right curves in every place.

"It's about time you left that bloody Angel," she said in a gorgeous british tone. She turned around and I was awed at her facial features. Her eyes were a baby blue and glowed with some sort of light. She had a deep nasty scar on her left cheek. Her lips were plump and full. She was completely beautiful. But the energy wave that I was getting from her wasn't.
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:22 am
TNCowgirl says...

Rory stood there feeling like he had been hit in the gut. He let the sound barrier down and slumped against the wall as he watched her walk away. He knew he shouldn't ahve gotten that attached, but he had, and now his heart had been sliched into a million pieces and left on the ground for him to pick up.

"I told you no good would come of her. If only you could see that." Lena said walking out. "I'm going home before the world goes to hell, which is where it'll go. You were the only hope."

"I wasn't here to persuade her one way or the other, I was only here to protect her from both angels and demons." He growled.

"Say what you want, but what they told you and what they sent you where for are two differnt things. Why else would they send a guy her age down here. THey wanted her to fall for you." She replied before taking off. He watched her. Was he really a pawn in their game? Was he really just there to make sure she went in favor for the angels. He sunk down on a rocker and ran a hand over his face. No, that couldn't be it. He was there to protect her. He wasn't supposed to tell her what to do or not to do. He was just supposed to make sure she was safe. And what was he doing now? Sitting and thinking, he wasn't watching out for her like he was supposed to. He needed to cut off all emotions and follow her. He didn't have to be seen or talk to her, just make sure anthing that she faced wasn't to hard for her. And he was going to do just that. If she didn't want him around, she'd get that. But he was going to make sure nothing killed her. No matter what choice she made.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:05 am
Ellyphant says...

"Who are you?" I asked the woman. She smiled and started her way towards me.

"Usually, I would reply 'Your worst nightmare', but since that's what you are in this scenario...I'll just say you'll find out soon enough," she said brushing past me in such a way that her scent flooded my nose.

"What do you mean that I'm your worst nightmare? I am only Julene Ryans. Just a seventeen year old girl," I said.

"Ah, but you are wrong. You are Julene Alice Ryans. And you are sixteen. Don't try to grow up too fast. Enjoy every second of your youth and beauty."

"You sound like my mother. What do you want anyway?"

"Patience, Julene. I was just trying to be a good convorsationist. But since you are so eager to get to buisness, I come bearing an offering," she said leaning against a different tree.

"Talk," I said starting to loose my patience.

"Obviously, you notice that I am on the side of Lucifer's. I want you to be, too. Now, I know that your direct answer is going to be no, but I also bear offerings." She said catching my sudden interest.

"Like what?"

The woman smirked. "Like an eternity of beauty, of spirit, of power. Also, a throne beside Lucifer himself. I'll let you think about it for twenty-four hours exactly. After that, the offer will be up and you will start to be hunted by our finest. And if you join Him...you will be hunted by Jesus's finest warriors. Either way, you have great deals. Either way, you have danger. But...the difference is what you thirst for. I'll be where ever you are in twenty four hours if you decide yes. If you decide no, I might be here or not. Depends on what the boss says." and with that, she had seemed to vanish into the air. I ran over her words, over and over again in my head.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:33 am
TNCowgirl says...

***YOu change your name?***

Rory slowly slipped out of the tree and walked towards her. "Jar?" He called she looked up at him and he stuck his hands in his pockets. "Am I allowed over here?"

"I'm thinking." She replied. He sighed and ran a hand over his hair.

"Alright, just know one thing. No matter your choice I"m supposed to protect you. I know you don't want to see or talk to me, but I have to follow through with my promise." He said before turning and walking back towards the shadows in the woods.
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:18 pm
Ellyphant says...

"WHo do you think you are?" I yelled after him. I rushed towards him and seemed to be sprinting one second and directly in front of him the next. It was faster than the snap of fingers. "I don't care what your promise was. You didn't really promise anything. You were told. And you obeyed. You aren't my father, Rory. I can take care of myself. And you know I can. You have to learn to let go," I said turning around. I started walking away from him when I stopped and turned around right before he was about to launch into the air.

"Wait...do you want to walk with me? I...I miss your company. And these woods freak me out," I said thinking about how the lady had said It's about time you got away from that bloody angel. I stepped towards him. "Please?" I knew that I was being confusing. Well...more like bipolar. But it was hard. I was trying.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:01 am
TNCowgirl says...

Rory looked at her. Should he just leave, go away. He wasn't sure that he wanted to keep getting his heart torn out and stomped on. But he couldn't help himself as he walked over to her and forced a smile. "Alright." He took a deep breath and walked alongside of her as she started walking.

**Sorry, all I had. :S **
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:19 pm
Ellyphant says...

I grabbed his hand and held it as we walked in silence. I felt kind of awkward, but it was nice to at least have the comfort of him being by my side again. We walked all the way back to town and bumped into Harald.

"Hey! You guys are still together?" he asked surprised. I giggled.
"Yes. How have you been?" I asked letting go of Rory's hand and reaching out my arms to embrace Harald. He hugged back and shrugged.
"Eh, I could be better. Weird things have been happening though. Like at church yesterday, a possessed person came in all crazy like begging for help and then started speaking in this weird unknown language. It was the scariest thing ever watching the deamond being taken from his body. It was just awful," he said taking a sandwhich out of his pocket and stuffing it into his mouth taking a big bite.
"Really?" Rory said raising one eyebrow. Harald nodded and took another huge bite of his sandwhich.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:53 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Rory swallowed hard. "Can you immatate what he said?"

"Doubtful, I have a recording of it on my phone though." Harald said tossing him the phone and then eating more of his sandwich. He found the recording and played it.

((This part onyl he can understand, sounds like jibberish to them. :D )) The day is near when the sanctioned one will decide. All near her that are near her will die if she choose Satan. The one nearest will die either way. The voice ended and Rory swallowed tossing the phone back.

"Know it?" Harald asked.

"No, just a bunch of jibberish." He lied blinking once to hide his emotions.

((OY, so the one nearest her is him, and he knows it. :P ))
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:24 am
Ellyphant says...

I stared at Rory knowing that he knew something that I didn't. It frustrated me greatly. I looked at Harald and smiled.

"Harald, since it's been so long since I've seen you, how about we go get a smoothie?" I asked.

*Agh! I have to go! I'll continue my post later :)*
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:47 am
TNCowgirl says...

**YOUR ALIVE!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS YOU DON"T KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM!!!!**

"Sounds good, is Rory invited too?" Harald teased.

"Course." She smiled a little. Rory knew she was a tad upset, but he didn't care at the moment. He was thinking about everything. He knew that there was no way he would abandon her. He loved her to much. But he knew his time was limited, and he knew she would switch back and forth in her choice, and he couldn't do anything about it.
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:23 am
Ellyphant says...

*Ah, hopefully I'll be able to be on at least daily now :) I missed you!*

I huffed as we all started towards the smoothie place. I never payed any attention to the names of my hangouts...I just went and payed no mind to what brand of food I was eating. I wanted to hang out with my old friend alone and catch up on personal things. With Rory here...there was no way that was happening.

Rory went to order our smoothies and I took the chance to get in a little catch-up with Harald.

"How have you been lately?" I asked. He shrugged.
"Eh, way to many girls floating in and out. I'm ready to get serious, but no one ever takes me seriously when I say it. There's even this one girl that I really really like but...it won't ever happen. She's to busy with this guy I introduced her to a while back. I regret that day, now," he said. I felt an odd turn in my stomach.
"Oh, what is she like? I mean, why do you like her so much?" I decided to challenge him a little. If it was who I thought it was, I don't know what I was going to do. There was a long moment of silence. Rory had recieved the orders and started walking towards us. I blocked out his hearing when Harald had opened his lips so he wouldn't get any weird mood swings.

"Because...she's you," he replied with his head down. My heart skipped a full beat. I never thought that this day would come. The day that best friends would click in a weird way for just a second. I smiled up at Rory as I let him hear my and Harald's words again. My thoughts were a jumbled mess. Rory reached over to hold my hand and I pulled away. I looked at Harald and watched as his eyes twinkled. I smiled not knowing what else to do.

*I thought we needed a twist. Since ya know, I've been gone for so long :)*
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:19 am
TNCowgirl says...

**I missed you too. I was getting worried. Thats a good one.**

Rory didn't say anything as he took a drink for his drink. Something was wrong, again.

"I need to go make a call." He said getting up. He walked outside and pulled his cell out dialing a number.

"What?"

"I don't think I'm doing my job right, I can't keep my mind on it." He said blocking all hearing.

"The more you love her the more you'll protect her against anyone. That is what we were hoping for."

"Oh, so you set me up for major hurt to bring you good?" He demanded.

"We're not pushing for her to go for angels or demons. You just need to keep her alive."

"Why are you making it so hard!" He growled.

"We don't control her future. Only she can do that. We've explained this to you. Stop acting like a human and go make sure nothing happens to her." THe voice replied back. Rory slammed the phone shut. HE should've know that he would get burned in all of this.
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:32 am
Ellyphant says...

*Psh, worried about me? I'm like Superman...only a woman...yeah...*

When Rory had walked out the door Harald stared at me. I opened my mouth to speak, but pursed my lips together quickly.

"Why did you do that," he asked begging for an answer.
"Because...I don't know how I feel. Why didn't you tell me this before? Why did you not come over? You know I am almost always around," I snapped.
"I didn't tell you before because every time you introduced me you would say This is my best friend, Harald and then would grab my arm and litterally yank me beside you. I thought that we could never pass our friendship phase. It just seemed...seems...impossible on your part. And besides...I thought you and Rory had already had sex and were planning on the future," he said creating a rainbow over his head with his hands.

"What kind of girl do you think I am?"
"The typical one," he said placing his lips to his straw and gulping a big swing of his tangerine-banana smoothie.
"What's that suppose to mean?"
"Means you fall in love and think it's forever," he said his eyes becoming glossy. I looked at him closely. It looked like he was about to cry. I quickly switched to his side of the table.
"What happend to you Harald?" It wasn't but a few seconds after I had said his name that he was hugging me crying. It was suttle, but I could tell. I wrapped my arms around him and jumped when Rory threw himself into the booth across from us.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:40 am
TNCowgirl says...

Rory had to do everything in his will power to keep from jumping up and disappearing for good. He wasn't blind, the way Harlad looked at Jar, he took a deep breath.

"Guess my timing sucks." He managed to say better then he'd hoped. "Should I disappear again?" And never come back? he thought to himself.

**bed, i've work in the morning, EARLY! I'm so glad you're back. where have you been girl?**
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:08 am
Ellyphant says...

*Everywhere! lol. All over the place. Friends houses. Detention. Those kind of places. Good luck on work!*

Harald jerked himself off of me and started to wipe his eyes trying to make it look like he had something in his eye. I glared at Rory.

"We were just having a dramatic moment for a second. Harald's been through a lot since we've seen him last," I said coldly. I looked at Harald. "I have to get back home. You can come by later tonight if you want," I said placing my hand on his shoulder. He nodded and turned giving me a quick hug. He turned back with his face down as if he was embarrassed to let Rory see him cry.

Me and Rory walked in silence for a while. I don't even think we were heading home.
I had to break the silence.

"You are an ass. You know that?" He stopped walking and looked at me with amazement.
"No. I'm your boyfriend. When I walked in and saw you two hugging...I had the right to say what I said," he replied.
"You did. It's called freedom of speech. And if you would of stopped thinking of yourself for one minute you would of realized that we were being emotional. It's what best friends do! I bet you really hurt his feelings, too! He was crying, Rory. Something happend to him. If you are going to be a jeal-"
"Shut-up, Julene!" He yelled. I stopped talking and stared at him. He had never called me my first name before. He had never told me to shut-up either. I huffed and turned around crossing my arms. I thought if I should walk away or not. I decided to.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

No one is perfect; not even your reflection.
— Chalkboard Words