z

Young Writers Society

Weathering Evil

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:18 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Danny ran a hand through her strawberry blonde hair. The sun reflected the rich red color, which just seemed to make her look angrier.

"Damn it, Rachel, where are you?" She asked the air.

Her phone rang, making her jump ten feet in the air. Of course, it was Rachel.

"You'd better have a good excuse this time," Danny sighed. "I got up super early and you're already ten minutes late."

"I'm sorry, Danny!" She exclaimed. "But Mike called to tell me he wasn't coming to pick us up today. He got sick last night. I told my mom and she's letting me borrow her car, and I'm on my way now."

"You couldn't have told me this any earlier?" Danny asked, still trying to be annoyed with her best friend.

"I'm sorry, it just kind of...slipped my mind," she sighed.

Danny rolled her eyes. "Everything slips your mind," she accused.

"Yeah, well, I'm on your road now. Are you really waiting outside?" She laughed.

Danny shut her phone with a little too much force. Monday's at school were always the worst. They seemed to drag on endlessly.

Her brother used to take her to school and she never had to worry about having to ride the bus. Danny's fists cleched. She couldn't think about that. It was her fault he was dead now anyway. No one knew...except her.

Rachel pulled in her driveway and Danny jumped in the passanger seat ignoring the empty bottles and papers strewed everywhere.

"Ready?" Rachel grinned. Danny gave her a slight smile, the pain hadn't yet faded. She knew what it did to her to think about her brother.

"Let's go," Danny said, as they peeled out from her house and to the school. She only lived a few miles, but it was just long enough to prevent her from walking all that way.

It didn't take but five minutes and they pulled into the school. Brendan was standing by the benches up front. He still creeped Danny out a bit, but she was always nice to him when he talked to her. He just had a...strange vibe about him. It wasn't unpleasant it was just...different.

"I have Calculas first," Danny groaned. "I guess I won't see you until third period."

"Yeah," Rachel said, giving her a rueful smile. It was time to split up the dream team.

"See ya then, I suppose," Danny groaned, getting out of the car and walking towards her building. She hated Cal. Not just because it was math, but because Mr. Carter had paired her up with none other than Brendan. This was their first day as math partners.

**Hope that's okay. (: **
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:11 am
View Likes
Bloo says...

Brendan touched his locker and heard the gears clicked has he magnetized them. He took out his math book, and then headed over to class. Today he had settled that he would let Danny know about it all. No matter what happened, he had to get her to help. Cause he could not do it alone.

He arrived in class and saw Danny sigh to her friends has he came in. He always knew she didn't exactly like him. Which was okay, he always was on slight edge while around her, not sure when to tell her about it all. And trying to hide it at the same time.

"Okay class, everyone go to page 235 of your text book and word on those problems. If you finish do whatever you like, just do not disturb working pairs," Mr. Carter said in his always dull voice. Just hears him say yes could make me fall asleep. forget calming sounds, have him read the dictionary to you, you'll fall asleep most definitely.

"Danny," Brendan said before we had even started.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"I need to show you something, can you come to my house tonight?" he asked.

"Um...I guess I can," She seemed off about it but I knew she would come.

"Okay, now so what are we supposed to do for these problems again...."

Math class ended and Brendan just kind of drifted through the rest of the day. every class seemed so insignificant after all, did people really need to know the first president of New Zeeland, when there was some whack job who could destroy the world?

Finally Brendan’s last class came, Science. The one class in school he liked. Today they were learning about how to make Zarken-floride(made that up.) Brendan heard people squeal as they let drops of liquid his each other, but he was calm as I poured test tubes in to each other has instructed.

As Mr. Blane came around looking at everyone’s mixes Brendan and his partner were calm. Two kids had managed to blow up and set their notes on fire. Another duo had some how made a stink bomb (potent I might add) while and the others were just wrong colors.

"Ah Braden, “Mr. Blane said cheerfully. "You always mage to do right, so let me see what we have here." He examined the beaker in front of him, checked a few boxes and handed me a sheet of paper that had a big A+ on it.

After class I waited for Danny y my car. A big open top Jeep, with a broken cover. And it was raining out. Great!
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

54 Reviews

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:32 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Danny walked up to Brendan's car. It was raining, making her hair lay dull and flat against her back. She put a hand against her stomach. She never had a high tolerance for rainy days. It reminded her of her brother. Of the accident.

Danny closed her eyes. It hurt too much. She had to stop the rain. It stopped as sudden;y as it came and Danny felt that same wobbly-knee weak feeling she got after stopping a storm.

"You okay, Danny?" A soft voice asked. She gasped, alarmed. She didn't realize that Brendan had been standing right there.

"F-Fine," she stuttered. "You needed to talk to me?"

"Um, yeah, let's go," he said, distracted. Danny still had time to catch that knowing look. He couldn't have known she had stopped the rain. She took a deep breath. He probably only wanted to talk about the math project.

Danny sneaked a quick look at him. Based off his facial expression, he had no intention of talking about math today. Danny swallowed, audibly. What had she gotten herself into?
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

39 Reviews

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:08 am
View Likes
Bloo says...

Brandon made sure his expression was solemn on the drive to his house. He needed to make sure his thoughts were in order and not seem like he was about to drop a bomb on her. He always seemed to think too much and give things away. And he always thought he would give things away, even if it was impossible to.

He pulled up at the house he lived alone at; it was on the beach, with a dock and a large area to run around in. He parked his car and went over to a large oak tree on a grassy area a good while from his house. Danny followed.

"So what do you need to show me?" She asked.

"Not really showing, but telling," He said.

"She gave him a confused look.

"Look I know you can control the weather," He said first and she looked shocked.

"How?" she asked franticly.

"I have known since before you have," He said. "I'll explain that after wards how. It isn't of importance. But there are others with powers too. Like me.”

"You have powers too?" She asked.

"Yes. And there is an-" He was cut off.

"Show me them," Danny demanded.

"First let me expla-" she cut him off again.

"Show me or I leave," Danny said and already had gotten up.

"Fine," Brandon sighed and moved away from the trees. He took a deep breathe and he felt the heat around him disappear. Ice crystals floated in the air around Him. Brandon looked at Danny, who was wide eyed, he wasn't done yet. Brandon sent a jolt of lightning, which bounced between the ice crystals, making an electric light cage around him. The ice melted away, and collected at his feet.

He pulled the water up, and made it dance in a slither likeness around him as he spun. He sent it up in the air, and froze it. The sword like snake fell down ready to stab Brandon, but he sent a fire ball up, and melted it to water. The water turned to steam as he rose into the air on a pillar of earth.

He spun on the pillar, sending a fire ball towards the water, water over to the street, air over the forest. He made earth spikes go no where and then sent a bolt of lightning into the sky. The earth pillar he was on fell apart, and he fell into a cushion of air.

"Now can I explain?" Brandon asked.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

54 Reviews

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:49 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Danny stood awestruck. She got that same weak-knee feeling after she had just controled the weather. He deserved a chance to explain himself. Obviously something was going on.

"Go on,"Danny urged, not unkind, just a little unnerved.

He took a deep breath. Almost as if he was about to tel her a story before bed, like her mother used to do.

"Alright, well, there are things you need to do, Danny. That's why you can control the weather. Have you met anyone else who can do anything like that? No," Brandon said without waiting for an answer. "You see there is one other who can control the weather. Someone you have to kill. They are evil, a threat to everyone. We have to rid the world of him. I can't do it alone and he get's more and more powerful everyday. I am your mentor. I will help you and teach you everything you need to know. I need you to help me kill him."

"Kill?" Danny asked, her voice rising. "What do you mean kill?"

"Do I need to give you the definition?" He snapped. Brandon sighed a little. "I'm sorry. It must be a shock for you. I've know for a very long time now, you see."

Danny didn't speak. Brandon seemed to understand her unspoken question.

"You do know him, Danny. His name is Heston," Brandon told her in a calm, quiet voice.

"Heston!" She exclaimed. Sure he was a little different, but he wasn't...evil. "You've lost your mind now!"

"Danny, listen to me. He's not who you think-"

"Well, you didn't turn out to be how I thought you were either!" Danny yelled. "How can you even speak of murdering some innocent kid like-like it's no big deal?"

"Calm down!" Brandon yelled as thunder cracked in the air. "Look what you're doing!"

Danny shook her head. This was way too supernatural for her taste. She took off, away from Brandon, not caring that she didn't have a car to get her home.

54 Reviews

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:39 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Alright. Here goes again! (:**

Danny had succeeded in avoiding Brandon. Well, everywhere except for math class. The one place where they wer forced together. He gave Danny pleading looks of exhaustion. Whether he realized it or not.

The bell rand and she darted out of the math class, into the filling hallways. She was thin and short which allowed her to move around quickly. She headed for the luch room when someone grabbed her shoulder. It was a light touch that made her shiver.

"Danny?" A deep voice asked quietly. Well, at least it wasn't Brandon.

"Hey Heston," she smiled, weakly. He gave her a funny look and sighed. "Would you sit with me today?"

Danny nodded without realizing what she was doing. What if Brandon was right? What if he was...evil. She bit her lip. Danny knew she was just being paranoid, but it still bugged her. Maybe that's why she nodded. She was curious and she wanted some answers.

"Great," he smiled as they entered the lunch room. Danny always packed her lunch. Mostly because the cafeteria food wasn't much better than the dirt outside.

They sat at one of the back tables away from the thicket of it all.

"You've talked to Brandon, haven't you," he sighed, miserably. Danny's heart raced.

"I-I-What are you talking about?" She questioned, her voice getting higher with each word.

"Danny, I want to help you. Not hurt you. You can't listen to Brandon," she said, his eyes wide, trying to make her understand. Danny bit her lip. No one was this good a liar were they?

"Look, I'm not interested in any of this. I'm not going to get in it so leave me alone. Both of you," she said, forcefully, standing up.

"This isn't going to go away Danny!" He called to her. She looked back and walked towards Rachel's table. She had had enough of this. Of all of it. She trusted Heston more than she did Brandon, but what if she was wrong? What if Heston was evil? What if Brandon was evil?

"Hey Danny!" Rachel smiled. "Up for a coffee break after school."

Danny wanted to laugh. Something as normal as that sounded so weird and so...perfect!

"Yes, please," she sighed, relaxing.

39 Reviews

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:35 pm
Bloo says...

Brandon shifted through papers in his room. He needed to find something to convince Danny, and he knew somewhere in his home there was something. Now that he looked at the mess he had made leaving alone he realized cleaning up was important, and that one day he would get around to it. Probably not any time soon though.

Searching was a boring job, reading every word on every page, some in other languages, some in the worst hand writing, spelling, or grammar. . But he did it, and it paid off. Finally he found a scroll. It was about six inches across, and sealed together. Brandon had never been able to open it. The reason was because Hesston had sealed it so only one with his power could open it. That meant Danny would.

He tucked the scroll into his backpack and was ready to run out the door when he saw it was nearly midnight. Danny was probably sleeping by now, so Brandon decided to tell her in math to please come. And if all else failed, confront her alone.

54 Reviews

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:56 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Danny rolled overin her bed, groaning. It was late, but something had woken her up. She put a hand up to her cheek. She could have sworn someone had just touched her.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw a shadow outside of her window. It looked like the dark figure of...or a guy.

Danny got out of her bed, grabbing the robe next to her bed, and putting it on over her thin pajama's. She snuck downstairs, careful not to wake her uncle. If she did, he would surely punish her for that.

Danny cracked the door and peered outside. She saw...nothing. Nothing at all. She opened the door a little more and the sweet smell of roses wafted around her. She stepped all the way outside now and sighed with relief.

Walking to the cherry tree, she started to investigate. It may have been late, but whatever had been outside her window freaked her out enough that she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep for a while now.

A rain drop fell on Danny's arm. She looked at it and then to the sky. It was sprinkling. Danny's breath hitched in her throat. She closed her eyes and tried to push the storm away. It was useless. It wouldn't budge. Either this storm was too big or someone was working agaist her. Someone stronger than she.

Danny clutched her stomach as the pain set it. She had killed her brother when trying to control the weather.

"Hello Danny," Heston's soft voice drawled. "Having a flashback, are we?"

"You!" She yelled. "Get away!"

"What are you going to do, make me?" He laughed. "Impossible!"

"Go away!" She cried. She refused to cry in front of him, not that he would be able to tell in the rain.

"You are weak Danny," he replied, quietly. "You need me and together we could get rid of Brandon. For good."

Danny fell to the ground. She wanted this to stop. Everything. Heston gave a high pitched laugh and Danny fled for the confort of her room.

---

"It was only a dream," she muttered to herself. "Only a dream." Even as she said the words she knew they weren't true. She had seen her sopping clothes from last night on her floor.

"Danny," Brandon called her. She sat beside him. Her hands were trembling. Wat did he want. There wasn't anything she could do. Heston was right. She was weak. She had run away from him instead of fighting back

"I have something to show you," he sighed, taking out a scroll. "This may change your mind about things."

"I may have already changed my mind," she whispered under her breath.

39 Reviews

Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:32 pm
Bloo says...

Brandon's heart leaped as he saw Danny open the scroll so easy. What he head never been able to do she did with out even trying. Good, now Brandon might finally know what so such a secret was.

"Okay a blank sheet of paper is supposed to change my mind?" Danny asked.

"What," Brandon whisper screamed. He grabbed the scroll and pulled it apart, searching it. But the whole thing was blank. How could this be? "No. No. No." He pleaded and almost cried.

"What was supposed to be there?" Danny asked.

"I don't know, all I know is my mentor gave me the task to get and said it would hold the key to defeating Hesston," Brandon said and the thought of his mentor brought tears.

"So you got nothing?" Danny asked.

"Basically. But Danny you have to believe me. I need you t-" He was cut off.

"I'll help you," Danny said solemnly.

"You will!" Brandon said amazed.

"Yes," she said again.

"Okay. We start training tomorrow," Brandon said and then they went back to math.

54 Reviews

Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:50 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Danny left the math classroom. What were they supposed to do to train? The rest of the day just seemed to drag on. The shrill bell that ended the school day sounded so sweet to her ears. She got up and practically ran to Rachael's car. She was supposed to be taking them home today.

"Hello Danny," Heston laughed from behind her, placing a hand on her shoulder. She froze. She was close to Rachael's car, but she didn't want her involved in this.

"What do you want?" She whispered.

"Have I done something?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow. "I just thought I'd remind you of our little talk."

"Our talk?" She asked, swallowing loudly.

"Yeah. You know at luuch the other day," he smiled. "I just want you to be safe, Danny."

He brushed his hand across her cheek and she yanked away. "Don't you touch me. Don't talk to me. I want nothing more to do with you!"

Danny walked away from him, but Heston's voice still followed her, just as calm as ever. "I don't think so Danny. This isn't going to go away. We're meant to be, you and I."

She ignored it and jumped into Rachael's car, ready to go anywhere, even home to her drunken uncle, to get away from Heston.

39 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:06 am
Bloo says...

Brandon floated through the halls that day. Literally, he used his powers to lift himself an inch in the air and float around. He had gotten Danny, the war was almost over, he just needed to make sure she was strong enough to battle Heston.

When the day ended Brandon drove back to his home, where he lived alone, and when he got there was surprised by the site of Heston.

"Well, I see you have won this battle,” Heston said as he danced a quarter across his finger casually.

"Yes. And that battle has won the war," Brandon said as he leaned against his car.

"Oh don't be so sure. You thought that so long ago as well, you know, before I slight his throat," Heston said casually.

"Don't you dare mention him!" Brandon yelled. Heston was obviously referring to his, well their, old mentor. Heston had betrayed them and joined the other side. Brandon and his master were the only survivors of the side of nature, but Heston had taken out Evan later on. Brandon did not just lose a mentor though that day, he lost a father, and a friend.

"Oh baby Brandon doesn't want to talk about his daddy? How sad," Heston teased.

"That's it," Brandon said and launched both of them into the air on twin rock platforms. As soon as he was at a height where if either fell they would die he stopped and looked at Heston. "Let's end this here."

"If you wish," Heston said in a bored tone and flipped a coin. "Head I go first, tails you don't." He said and out before the coin has hit his palm Brandon sent a lightning bolt that made it fall to the ground.

"Opps. Let’s just say I won," He said and sent a first ball at Heston. He countered by making it rain heavily, extinguish the ball. Right after he bent the rain right at Brandon, who bent it back in a powerful gusher. A lightning bolt came from the sky, and when it hit the water it blew apart, falling to the ground and rising as steam.

Brandon jumped from his stand onto a small slab of stone he had rose. He jumped across to several other he brought up as well, launching himself with air. Gathering lightning around his arm Brandon sliced at Heston, who ducked, and then sound, rising up and nailing Brandon in the chest. Heston followed up with a series of fast punches which left Brandon breathless, and ready to fall.

Brandon sped down, the air rushing passed him. Finally he caught his breath, he thrusted his hand out, and caught hold of the rock pillar, and with a pull was launched into the air. With the new found momentum he ran up the sheer rock, kicking off holds. Once at the top he jumped high into the air, and brought his foot down in a powerful kick, nailing Heston right on the head.

Heston crumpled and looked up at the floating Brandon. He flicked a finger and jail began to fall. Brandon was pelted and lost his control, falling onto the pillar. In the pain, he let himself slide off, and was only just able to grab on. Heston walked over to Brandon and smiled. The hail began to fall heavier, and Brandon found it hard to hold on.

In a finally attempt Brandon tried to find any heat in the cold, sky. Against all odds he found a trace of heat, as a plane flew by. He sucked all the heat he could, and ice crystals formed on the plane's exterior. With the new energy Brandon sent fire out of his pores, and the hail melted harmless around him, the water evaporating before they even touched.

Heston looked at Brandon, and Brandon knew the look.

"Let us end this in a draw. There is no point to fight, we are too evenly matched Brandon," He said and Brandon nodded. He stomped on the earth pillar they stood on and it began to descend.

"Do not get me wrong though. I will be back for Danny. We may have decided to end it here. But we will continue it another day," Heston said and and a mist appeared. When the wind blew it away he was gone and Brandon went back inside.

He picked up his phone and called Danny as soon as he entered.

"Hello?" said a deep voice that was obviously drunk.

"Yes, this is Brandon, may I talk to Danny?" Brandon asked.

"Yeah sure," the man said. "DANNY YOU GOT A CALL!" the man yelled and a second later a click came and Danny said. "got it and the man hung up.

"Danny, this is Brandon. You are not safe where you are. Spring break is in two days, I want you to stay with me until it ends, with your training. Heston wants you," I said.

54 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:30 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Brandon?" Danny asked, still confused. "Wh-What?"

"Heston. Wants. You." He said, annoyied. "I want you to stay with me over spring break. Keep up."

"Um, aren't I...can't I just stay at my house?" She replied a little nervous. Surely Brandon hadn't meant it as he had said it. He was different form other people, but just how it...came out made her nervous. She was supposed to stay with Brandon over the entire spring break?

"Heston will find you, easily. We haven't even started training yet. We can't let him find you at such a weak state," he told her.

"Weak!" She yelled, self-conscious. Danny was probably weaker than he though. "I'm not weak."

"Danny, Heston is dangerous! He's had loads of time to practice his skill. You haven't," he sighed.

"DANNY!" My uncle's voice boomed from downstairs. "How long are you going to STAY ON THE DAMN PHONE?!"

Covering the earpeice and said through trembling lips, "I'll be done in a moment!"

"Look, Brandon, I can't talk. I've got...stuff," she told him, as calmly as she could.

"You need to understand the danger you are in, though, Danny," Brandon responded. Danny clenched her fists. He did have a point. After all, Heston had already visited her once.

"Fine!" She exclaimed, exasperated. "I'll stay at your house after spring break. Now I have to go!"

"Alright," he said, satisfyied. "Goodni-"

Danny had alreay clicked the end button. She could hear her uncles heavy, footsteps. He slammed the door open. The sickening smell of liquor filled the air.

"What the HELL did I tell you?" He asked, his red, sweaty face in hers. She tried not to gag at the smell of his breath.

"I'm sorry! It was a short call, really," she squeaked. His hand came down on her face hard, sending her sprawled across her bed.

"It's my money, girl," he growled. "Remember that!"

Danny rubbed her jaw. Normally he refrained from hitting her face. It would be hard to cover up this bruise...she would just have to tell everyone she fell down the stairs.

On the verge of tears, she crawled into bed and fell into a deep, fitful sleep.

39 Reviews

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:36 am
Bloo says...

Two days went fast. Heston seemed to stay away from Danny, and people asked both him and Brandon about their scars. They lied saying Brandon gave Heston a lift home, and they got into a small accident. When Danny saw it she knew what happened though.

"Yeah. We got into a fight," Brandon told her in math class. "And this is a mild fight for us. Usually one of us will be missing a limb, or at lest have something broken."

"A limb?" Danny asked confused.

"Yeah. People like us can re-grow like that. But only if we use certain medicines." He said and lifted his sleeve. On his shoulder were several scars that went around his entire arm. Danny gulped. But what was worse she could picture her uncle doing that to her.

"You got all your stuff ready?" Brandon asked.

"Yeah, I had to leave it at home though," Danny said.

The bell rang and the two went separate ways. At the end of the day the two meet up and Brandon's car. Brandon rolled his eyes as he saw a few girls giggle and point at the two. What did on lift mean they were a couple? Of course at this school lending a pencil meant they hooked up, so Brandon never cared for the gossip.

Brandon drove Danny over to her house and then let her go get her things inside.

54 Reviews

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:07 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Danny grabbed her things. She could hear her uncles snores in the room next to hers. Danny was extremely careful to bring her bags downstairs without making a sound.

"I'll help you," Brandon said, grabbing a few bags and helping her put them in the back. Danny had gotten in the passenger seat and remembered she had forgotten her last bag. The one filled with her toothbrush and toothpste and things of that nature.

"Hold on, I forgot something," she said ruefully. "Back in a moment."

Danny jumped out of the car, forgetting to be quiet.

"Girl!" A voice grmbled from her uncle's room. She froze. Great. Just perfect.

"You ungrateful little brat!" He yelled, opening the door. It slammed against the wall. He had probably created another hole.

"I'm sorry! I was just getting my last bag!" She told him. It wouldn't be too good if he hit her before she went with Brandon. That would bring up questions she didn't want answered.

"Where you going?" He slurred.

"To my friend's," she replied, swallowing.

"That blonde girl?" He asked.

"N-No. Brandon," Danny bit her lip.

"What are you doing staying with some boy!?" He roared.

"He's only - he's just a friend," she cowered.

"You slut!" He screamed, red faced.

Danny ran out of the house and into Brandon's car, blushing and trembling.

"Just go" she told him, hoarsely. Obviously not wanting to cause trouble, he obliged and Danny sank down in the seat, sighing.

39 Reviews

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:06 am
Bloo says...

Brandon had tried his best to clean up. At least he had gotten the garbage, but still there were papers, and weird items everywhere in piles. Danny didn't seem to mind too much. Probably was messier with her uncle.

"Okay, so I fixed a room for you over here," Brandon said as he lugged Danny's stuff over the papers and into a bedroom that was rarely used. Like all but Brandon's own, it was turned into just another storage place. Not that Brandon's own wasn't he just used the bed in it. He dropped the bags in the room, and Danny walked in with a fake shock.

"So there is a floor somewhere," She said, noticing that Brandon had moved the stuff from her room into a third room.

"Yeah. I forgot myself," He said.

"So why are there so many papers?" Danny asked.

"I'm a pack rat. Most of those are old combinations for battles with Heston. Others are magic scrolls and stuff like that. I would go through them, but it would be a pain."

Danny nodded and started to unpack.

"Need any help?" Brandon asked.

"Sure," Danny said and Brandon opened up a bag and stuck his hand in. What he pulled out he wasn't sure what to do with. For he held a pair of panties. Brandon looked over to Danny and joked.

"So, planning to give me a show later?" he joshed as he stretched the par out and closed one eye.

"Danny rolled her eyes and grabbed them away. "On second thought, I'll do it myself. You perv." Danny got up and pushed Brandon out of her room.

"Okay, I'm gonna go pick up a pizza for dinner then," Brandon said and left for his car.

-----------------

Heston waited until the Jeep had turned into the main road before coming out of his hiding place and walking over to the house. He creped over to the wall and peaked into the window. Yes, he had picked the right one.

Inside was Danny, sorting her clothing into draws and a closet. Heston watched her from the window, waiting for the moment to strike. She seemed to look out the window so much as she worked, making it impossible for Heston to move at all, or be at risk. Finally, as she closed the door of her closet to change, he was able to move in.

The boy easily pushed the window open, breaking the lock silently. He crawled in, and crawled over to the door.

"You perv!" Heston heard and looked up to see Danny out of the closet. You've been waiting out here the whole time, you were eying me as I changed too, right?" She screamed not registering yet that it was Heston, and not Brandon. "Did you invite me here just so you could see me topless? Were you going to get me drunk next and try and make a move?"

"No. But now that I have the idea," Heston said, and Danny finally realized that it was Heston. "I had originally come here to take back some property of mine, but maybe I'll take you too."

Danny backed up and slammed the closet doors in on her in an attempt to hide. It didn’t do much though; Heston broke down the wall with a kick. Danny was ready though, and took a swing right at Heston's groan, with some weird bat thing Brandon had forgotten to move. Danny jumped over the crippled Heston and out the window. Heston got up in much pain, and chased after her.

He saw her run into the woods, and tracked her in. Heston was much faster than Danny, and he knew these woods pretty well. The advantage was his obviously. That's not to say Danny did not have some tricks under he own sleeves. She was short and was able to go where the tall Heston could not.

(Not in the mood to write a chase scene, if you want to write it, go ahead though)

After a long and difficult chase Heston had finally managed to get Danny out into the open, where his powers could take full affect. With a thought the sun disappeared behind the smoky storm clouds. Hail began to fall from above. Ice chips the size of lemons pounded against the dirt, and Danny was hit with it at high speeds. She fell in pain, but they kept falling upon her. She tried to will them to snow, or rain, or nothing, but Heston was far stronger.

Finally the pain ended as she fell unconscious, and Heston walked over and picked her up into a fireman's carry. He even forgot about what he had come for, he just cared about Danny right now.

-------------------

Brandon new what was going on as soon as the clouds suddenly appeared. He pulled the top of quickly, and hit the throttle. Heston was behind this random hail, either that or nuclear winter had happened without a recent bombing. Brandon flew past lights, and cut through parks in an attempt to get to Danny. Why had he left of pizza? He could have just ordered it. Or waited and brought Danny with him. He was such an idiot.

Brandon made the final turn and tore grass up as he landed only inches from his house. He leaped from the car and looked franticly for Heston, or Danny. But it was hopeless, he was long gone already. Great! Danny was queen in this game of chess, and now Heston had her.

Brandon screamed out and went inside. Slamming the door. Only to come out a second later and to grab the pizza from his car. He pulled the top off and pulled a large chunk from slice with his teeth and fell on the couch.

That, sir, is the most frightening battlefield in the world: the blank page.
— Larry McMurtry, Comanche Moon