z

Young Writers Society

Lakeview High

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:48 am
Chupatoasta says...

This was it.

Lakeview High School. Home of the Lakeview Lions.

Lakeview, Colorado. The place where Brooklyn Justine Hendricks spent her first fourteen years of life before moving to Florida. Brooklyn smirked and started towards the door. She was seventeen now. A senior and a girl with a new attitude, new look, new everything. When she was younger, she was nothing but a shy little girl who all the guys fawned over. Now, she laughed at the thought of being shy or little. She was anything but shy and little now. A blonde walked by, shooting her a look of disgust. What? Did she smell or something?

Brooklyn picked up a strand of ebony hair sniffing once. She shrugged and glanced down at her clothes. The regular fall attire. Light skinny jeans tucked into boots, a black long sleeve and a small grey vest. She glanced back over at the blonde, who was wearing clothes that seemed to be suffocating her. Oh, so that was why she’d looked at Brooklyn funny. Oh well.

“Can I help you?” A secretary in the office asked, drawing Brooklyn’s attention.

“Oh, yeah! I’m Brooklyn Hendricks, the new kid from Florida. Y’know, I was supposed to tour the school and all that fun stuff.” The secretary nodded, typing away on her computer before standing up.

“All right, let me be the first to welcome you to Lakeview High School. I hope you enjoy it here. Now, follow me. I noticed that you’re all in honor classes.” Brooklyn just nodded. “Okay, you’ll love your Physics teacher, Mr. Greene. He is a hoot!” Who said hoot anymore? What was this lady? An owl? She knocked on a door, soon getting a loud, ‘Come in!’ The secretary ushered Brooklyn into the room.

“Ah, you must be the new girl everyone’s been telling me about.” The teacher had on some odd, spiral glasses. “Ah, well, I’m Professor Greene. Miss Jenson, would you be so kind as to tell the class who this young lady is?”

“Everyone, this is Brooklyn Justine Hendricks. She lived her before moving to Florida for a while. She’ll be starting with you all tomorrow.” Brooklyn waved awkwardly, scooting away from the odd Lakeview High School staff.

~~

Brooklyn:

Her clothes:
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:06 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Here he is. Jayke

Jayke looked up to the front of the class and took a second glance. Could that really be Brooklyn? She looked, different. She looked at him and smiled a little.

"You know her?" The guy next to him, Trent, asked.

"Ya. Old friend." He replied.

"I hope real old, she'll do bad for your rep." Trent replied.

"Hey, if she's the same as she used to I'm not ditching her." Jayke replied. "So we'll see what happens."

**Really bad, I'm off today. :'( **
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:15 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Haha, it's cool. I about died when I saw that picture, like literally :D**

Brooklyn smiled brightly at her old friend, Jayke. She was supposed to see him once she got back into the neighborhood earlier, but apparently he'd been at a friends house. Now that she got a better look at him he looked tired, like he'd been partying all night. He had certainly changed, appearance wise. He's probably still Push Over Jayke. Brooklyn rocked back on the heels of her boots while the secretary flirted with Mr. Greene. She surveyed the rest of the class. A lot of them looked stuck up and cheer lead-y. A girl in the back with short black hair was staring at Brooklyn expectantly. "Taylor Hughes?!" Brooklyn suddenly voiced. The dark haired girl grinned brightly, jumping out of her seat and over to Brooklyn, almost tackling her in a head.

"God girl, you much taller you gonna ge- Hey! You're cheating! No heals!" Taylor kicked the side of Brooklyn's boot with her black flats, pouting. Brooklyn grinned crookedly, getting locking in a head lock soon after. The teachers were oblivious, but the class was staring at them like they were aliens. "How do you walk in those anyway?!"

"A lot of practice, trust me. Besides, they're only three inches. The boots are easier than the actual heels." She grinned happily, chewing her gun.

"Hey, Professor Greene, Miss Jenson, can I show my Brookey Bear around?" Both of them nodded, Taylor grabbing Brooklyn's hand and dragging her out of the room right as the bell rang.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:33 am
TNCowgirl says...

***Why?***

Jayke got up and hurried out the door. He walked up behind Brooklyn and wrapped his arm around her waist picking her up and walking next to Taylor. He had an odd sense of DeJavu, it had used to be the three of them.

"Jayke, I swear if you don't put me down!" Brooklyn yelled at him trying to twist free. He saw Taylor smile next to him, what had it been two years sense they'd talked.

"Why, Brook?" He asked as he stopped in the lunch room. Everyone else had gone to class except for Trent who had followed them. He set her down and crossed his arms.

"Cause I said." She said crossing her arms and smiling.

"Dude, come on." Trent called. "Brittney's headed this way."

"Brittney?" Brooklyn smilled raising one eyebrow. "What does this girl have you by the ba..."

"Excuse me?" Jayke heard Brittney walk up behind him and wrap her arm around his waist. "Whose this?"

"Brooklyn, a friend that moved away a couple of years before you moved here." He replied, for some reason he wanted Brittney to leave. He shook the feeling away.
Want a Readers crit???

110 Reviews

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:34 am
TNCowgirl says...

***Why?***

Jayke got up and hurried out the door. He walked up behind Brooklyn and wrapped his arm around her waist picking her up and walking next to Taylor. He had an odd sense of DeJavu, it had used to be the three of them.

"Jayke, I swear if you don't put me down!" Brooklyn yelled at him trying to twist free. He saw Taylor smile next to him, what had it been two years sense they'd talked.

"Why, Brook?" He asked as he stopped in the lunch room. Everyone else had gone to class except for Trent who had followed them. He set her down and crossed his arms.

"Cause I said." She said crossing her arms and smiling.

"Dude, come on." Trent called. "Brittney's headed this way."

"Brittney?" Brooklyn smilled raising one eyebrow. "What does this girl have you by the ba..."

"Excuse me?" Jayke heard Brittney walk up behind him and wrap her arm around his waist. "Whose this?"

"Brooklyn, a friend that moved away a couple of years before you moved here." He replied, for some reason he wanted Brittney to leave. He shook the feeling away.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:09 am
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn studied the Brittney girl. Dyed blond hair, brown eyes, possible implants, thin, short and tight clothes. Yup, definitely a Slutty Sally. "Yo Sally." Brooklyn shot the girl a peace sign, only to be scoffed at. Thank god Taylor was the only one who knew Brooklyn's code names for people like this Brittney girl.

"It's Brittney," she said, rather snottily.

"Oh, I know!" Taylor grabbed Brooklyn's arm, trying to tug her. "So Sally, when did you come to Lakeview." Brittney seemed rather annoyed that Brooklyn kept calling her Sally. Guess it's a good thing she doesn't know what Sally meant. Taylor whined, jumping up and down as she said something about showing Brooklyn around. Brooklyn pouted but stood her ground, looking at Brittney girl expectantly.

"Two years." Brittney sighed, rolling her eyes as she twirled her blond hair. Brooklyn nodded slowly, two years reminding her of something.

"Oh! My python is two today!" She slapped her forehead with a sigh.

"You still have all those exotic pets?" Jayke asked, raising his eyebrows with a smile while Brooklyn nodded enthusiastically. In elementary school she'd often let Taylor or Jayke use on of her odd pets for show in tell, just for kicks to watch the other kids freak out.

"Yeah, I've got to hurry this tour up come to think of it. I've got to help arrange the attic for them. We had some designers come in and insulate the basement and attic and add walls and all that fun stuff." She suddenly jumped on Taylor's back. "Onwards! Bye Jay! Bye Sally! Bye dude with Jay!" Even though she was an inch taller than Taylor, that was only in her shoes. Without them she was two inches shorter than the short haired girl. She'd always been shortest in her group, and hated it.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:27 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Jayke watched her walk off and he smiled a little.

"Who was she?" Brittney demanded.

"A childhood friend, chill, Britt." He said as he turned and walked. She ran after him and steped in front of him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"She called you Jay, Jaykey." She replied as she looked up at him.

"So? We've been friends sense I was crawling. It's nothing, ok?" He looked down at her. She pouted and he sighed, he knew what she wanted. He lowered his mouth onto her and kissed her. When he pulled away she smiled.

"Good." She wrapped her arms tighter around his neck and stood on tiptoes. "Know what I think?"

"That we should leave?" He smiled as she kissed him again. He didn't mind the booty calls, but for some reason with Brook back it didn't excite him as much as normal.

"Uh huh." She smiled.

"I'll cover for you." Trent said walking by.

"Not today, dude. I've got a test in math." He repleid pulling away from Brittney, he couldn't miss this one.

"Jaykey!" Brittney cried.

"Not today, Britt. Plus, I've got practice today." He replied
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:14 am
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn and Taylor shot away from their hiding place, laughing hysterically when Brittney was turned down. "God, she's such a Slutty Sally," Brooklyn smirked, bumping Taylor with her hip. Taylor slammed into a wall over dramatically, falling to the ground in a heap. "You're still such a drama queen. Now come on, we've got a tour!" Taylor grinned cheekily, showing Brooklyn around faster that the speed of light. They stopped in front of a door that read Advanced Algebra Honors. Brooklyn could help but snort in laughter.

"Hey! Don't laugh! You're starting this class tomorrow!" Taylor pouted, punching Brooklyn in the shoulder as she opened the door walking in. "Mrs. Reign, this is Brooklyn, she'll be starting this class tomorrow. A squatty old woman spun around in her chair, peering at Brooklyn through spectacles that were probably two sizes too big.

"Nice to meet you. Taylor, we have a test going on, now get to your seat and start it." Taylor pouted but nodded, loping back to her seat. Brooklyn crept towards the door, sliding half her body out.

"I LOVE YOU TAYLOR HUGHES!" She screamed, looking around the room at all the surprised faces, her eyes landing on Jayke. "I LOVE YOU JAYKE FREEMONT! I LOVE YOU ALL!" She shouted as she closed the door, skipping down the hall and lala-ing to herself. Well now everyone knew that shy Brooklyn Hendricks was no longer shy.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:08 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Jayke just stared at the door way. That couldn't have been Brooklyn, she'd never made a skeptical of herself. He'd always wanted her to be more out going and it looked like he got that wish.

But you've got Brittney now. Brook has only ever looked at you like a brother anyway. He told himself before getting back to his test. It'd always been hard not to show how he'd felt about Brook before, but now he absolutly had to. He'd always held onto the fact that maybe she'd like him when she got back, but when push came to shove he ended up dating Brittney. It was a fun pass time for sure, but he knew it wasn't going to go anywhere, even if he told her otherwise. Ya, that was low and mean. But what was he supposed to do. He was expected to keep her happy.

(Oy vey)
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:19 am
Chupatoasta says...

(Lol)

"Hey there it's good to see you again
It never felt right calling this just friends
I’m happy if you’re happy with yourself
Take off your shirt, your shoes
Those skinny jeans I bought for you
We’re diving in, there’s nothing left to lose ," Brooklyn danced around her room that she was in the process of painting, wearing overalls covered in paint and an old white shirt, a streak of paint across her nose and both cheeks.

Taylor had come to Brooklyn's house after school to help and they were both goofing off and dancing around to All Time Low's new album, Nothing Personal. Jayke apparently had football practice. Yuck. "God I love that song." Taylor grinned, painting one of Brooklyn's wall with the dark red paint Brooklyn had bought.

"Why?" Brooklyn laughed softly, rolling the paint roller across the wall while she jumped up and down to the music.

"Well, it just has such a meaning, ya know?" Taylor sighed. "Like a guy who has always been jumping from girl to girl, but had a wall around his heart so he didn't let a real relationship into his life, so he's like a man whore and stuff. Well, this girl he's liked as a friend for a while who thought he was a man whore, but was still his friend. After realizing he likes her more than a friend he wants to break down the walls around his heart and let her in." Brooklyn just stared at Taylor for a minute. "Oh yeah, I'm deep." At that comment however, silence flooded away and Brooklyn burst into laughter, holding onto her stomach.

Taylor grinned cheekily, poking her roller at Brooklyn, smacking the red paint onto Brooklyn's neck. Brooklyn, seeing that the room was finished slung her roller at Taylor, a line of paint dribbling down the other girl's overalls. The doorbell suddenly rang and Brooklyn glanced at the time, five-thirty. "Mom, someone's at the door!" Brooklyn yelled, receiving only another bell ring.

"Dude, your mom and dad went to the hard ware store." Taylor laughed, eyes wide as she looked at Brooklyn. Suddenly, both girls were running down the stairs, sliding across the hardwood floor. They both slammed into the door, Taylor squishing Brooklyn, who was looking out of the peep hole at Jayke, Brittney, another guy and girl who looked like a brunette version of Brittney.

"Come in," Brooklyn groaned, her and Taylor falling back against the floor.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:54 am
TNCowgirl says...

Jayke couldn't help laugh when he saw the two. Brittney hadn't wanted to come and he told her she didn't have to. But he guessed she didn't want him around Brooklyn without her around.

"Looks like you two have had fun." He smiled at them as Brittney siddled closer to him. Trent glanced at him with that look that said we're going to be late.

"A ball." Brooklyn smiled her eyes dancing like they always had. "Didn't expect you to show up though." She hooked her hands in her overalls and grinned. She was so cute.

"I thought I'd invite y'all to the party I'm throwing at my place tonight." he smiled. "Trent was gonna hang out with me today so Brittney and Cheslar decided to come too." He saw Taylor roll her eyes, he knew she didn't like the two girls.

"Course you two don't have to come." Brittney said. Jayke looked down at her and frowned then looked back up.

"But I'd like you to." He replied with a smile. He heard Brittney growl and move closer to him.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:11 am
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn glanced at Brittney, who looked rather ticked. "Hey Sally, did you forget to take something this morning?" Taylor snorted next to her and Brittney looked confused. "Guess so," Brooklyn sighed softly and looked at Taylor who was holding in her laughter. Taylor coughed, covering a laugh before gathering herself.

"I don't know if my Brookey and I can do that. We're going to hit the club," Taylor grinned crookedly, only joking of course.

"What, are you two together or something?" Brittney's brunette copy asked, smacking her gum.

"Yup! We lovers each other very much!" Brooklyn grinned, jumping on Taylor's back. "Right Tay-tay?" Brooklyn wanted to see how much they could fool this bimbos.

"Yeah, I'm so glad my Brookey bear's back," Taylor snorted, glaring at Cheslar and Brittney, who were staring in shock.

"So, you gonna come to the party?" Jayke grinned, obviously amused.

"Of course, I am, after all, your next door neighbor. Oh, you're driving me to school tomorrow by the way, my car's getting taken in to get some lifts on it!" Brooklyn grinned, unaware of the poisonous glare Brittney was shooting her. "Oh, hey, do you mind helping Taylor and I move my furniture around? Your girlfriend can sit in the living room so she doesn't break a nail."
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:21 am
TNCowgirl says...

"No problem." Jayke replied.

"I'll help too." Trent said. Chesler looked as mad as Brittney as they followed Taylor and Brooklyn up to one of the rooms.

"Whats with your girlfriend, Jay, she's....not your type." Brook said as she showed them the furniture she wanted moved. "You don't love her, I can tell."

"Where do you want this?" He asked ignoring her statement.

"Follow me." She replied. He followed her holding one side of the bed while Trent had the other. "Just put it over there." They set it down and he stood up straight as he followed her to where the other stuff was.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:14 am
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn grinned happily as Jayke and Trent finished off the room by placing Brooklyn's keepsake chest at the foot of her bed. Taylor bounced over to it, unlatching it and looking in excitedly. She pulled out two flower girl dresses, one covered with mud and a small ring bearer's tux. "Oh my gosh, you told me you had these still, but I didn't believe you," Taylor gushed, squeezing them to her chest.

"Oh yeah! The stuff from when were at my cousin's wedding! I remember how I got that dress ruined! We were all posing for a picture on a tree branch and Jayke," she pointed an accusing finger at Jayke, "pushed me off the limb. My mom caught me on camera right as I fell in the mud. Jayke was such a mean six year old." She grinned at Jayke and dug around the box a little while Trent looked through Brooklyn's CD collection.

"I was a mean six year old?" Jayke questioned in disbelief. "This is coming from the girl who told me drinking from the toilet would make me turn into a dog."

"And you believed her!" Taylor screamed in laughter, holding up a picture of Jayke when he was six, almost seven years old.

"Ah, good times, good times." Brooklyn sighed, taking the picture and handing it to Jayke.

A scream suddenly sounded, soon followed by another. Brooklyn shot down the stairs quickly, only to see Brittney and Chelsar standing on the back of her couch while a snake slithered on the cushions. "There he is! I'd knew he'd appear sooner or later," Brooklyn grinned, picking up her ball python, Monty. "You're not afraid of little old Monty are you?" Brooklyn grinned, taking the snake a little closer to the two girls, who screamed and jumped off the couch running over to Jayke and Trent. Brittney looked like she was about to go off. As if reading her mind, Brittney opened her mouth, the insults starting to flood out like wild fire while Brooklyn stared at the enraged girl.
George Bernard Shaw

23 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:16 am
Chupatoasta says...

Brooklyn grinned happily as Jayke and Trent finished off the room by placing Brooklyn's keepsake chest at the foot of her bed. Taylor bounced over to it, unlatching it and looking in excitedly. She pulled out two flower girl dresses, one covered with mud and a small ring bearer's tux. "Oh my gosh, you told me you had these still, but I didn't believe you," Taylor gushed, squeezing them to her chest.

"Oh yeah! The stuff from when were at my cousin's wedding! I remember how I got that dress ruined! We were all posing for a picture on a tree branch and Jayke," she pointed an accusing finger at Jayke, "pushed me off the limb. My mom caught me on camera right as I fell in the mud. Jayke was such a mean six year old." She grinned at Jayke and dug around the box a little while Trent looked through Brooklyn's CD collection.

"I was a mean six year old?" Jayke questioned in disbelief. "This is coming from the girl who told me drinking from the toilet would make me turn into a dog."

"And you believed her!" Taylor screamed in laughter, holding up a picture of Jayke when he was six, almost seven years old.

"Ah, good times, good times." Brooklyn sighed, taking the picture and handing it to Jayke.

A scream suddenly sounded, soon followed by another. Brooklyn shot down the stairs quickly, only to see Brittney and Chelsar standing on the back of her couch while a snake slithered on the cushions. "There he is! I'd knew he'd appear sooner or later," Brooklyn grinned, picking up her ball python, Monty. "You're not afraid of little old Monty are you?" Brooklyn grinned, taking the snake a little closer to the two girls, who screamed and jumped off the couch running over to Jayke and Trent. Brittney looked like she was about to go off. As if reading her mind, Brittney opened her mouth, the insults starting to flood out like wild fire while Brooklyn stared at the enraged girl.

**And I leave you to his girlfriend's insults haha**

Jayke's picture

Monty
George Bernard Shaw

“All stories are true," Skarpi said. "But this one really happened, if that's what you mean.”
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind