z

Young Writers Society

Collision [In need of a better title]

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:22 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Ugh! I don't know what to post. :/**
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:37 pm
TNCowgirl says...

***Time skip maybe?***
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:03 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Yeah...but should we go with the idea that Ivy is taken away by the Duke. Etc, etc? I'll go with that. I'll change if I didn't do it right. ^.^**

Ivy was outside on the swing that Colt had put so much work into. The baby would be due any day and she was nervous. What if something went wrong? She loved their baby more than anything and couldn't stand the thought of losing him.

Ivy wanted it to be a boy. Colton said he didn't care but she thought that he wanted a boy too. Well, it didn't matter. Either way she knew that they would love him or her more than anything.

"Ivy, Ivy, Ivy. The rumors are true. Pregnant," a voice whispered, laughing.

Ivy paled, her skin going cold. "Duke Damon," she whispered.

"Yes. I'm a soon to be duke. And you were to be my duchess," he laughed at his own pun. A sound that made Ivy cringe. "But you went off with...these people. Couldn't wait for your true husband could you, little slut."

Ivy tried to stand up, but her rounded belly made that hard. Damon shook his head.

"Get off our property. Now," she growled. "Or I'll go and get Colton's gun and shoot you myself."

"Hey, you might want to cool it with the insults, sweetheart," Damon replied, uncaring. "Cause I'll get my entire troop to murder your husband right now. Then again, I'm sure you'd agree, it would be for the best."

"I love him. Just leave us alone!" Ivy yelled.

"Sh!" Damon said, mock concerned. "Wouldn't want to wake your sleeping lover. I'm only here to take you home. You don't come, my troops and I will burn this town to the ground. You do, we leave everyone, including your little husband, alone."

Ivy grit her teeth. She didn't want to leave. THIS was her home. Why was this happening to her?

"Why do you want me? There are plenty of pretty - beautiful - girls who would love to marry you," Ivy whispered as a tear trickled down her cheek. She knew why he wanted her.

"Because it's a...pride thing, my darling," he sighed. "Trust me. I don't want you now, whore. But if the world were to find out that you, my soon to be bride, went off and married some country fool, well...you can only imagine the rumors. My reputation would be trashed. So we'll keep this a secret. You come marry me, after your little brat is born, and then I'll discard you because you were....displeasing and I'll let you do as you wish."

Ivy pursed her lips. "No you won't. You'd make me a servant at best," she hissed. "I'm not stupid."

Damon shrugged. "Maybe. I have to make sure this....story doesn't leak out. So come quietly, love, or I will order troops to come out here and kill every last one of these fools. Go it?"

Ivy was speechless. It was happening. "I'm coming," she whispered, following the triumphant and grinning Damon to his carriage.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

110 Reviews

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:56 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Colt woke up the next morning and reached over to Ivy. She wasn't there. He sat up straight, she was never awake this early anymore. Ever sense she'd gotten bigger she'd been sleeping in. He didn't mind she needed the sleep. He walked to the kitchen, she wasn't there either.

"Ivy?" He called walking outside. She was probably on the swing, she loved it. But she wasn't there either. He started to panic. He walked around the entire farm and couldn't find her anywhere. He quickly saddled his horse and raced to Ella's place, no luck there and Ella had a bad feeling. They quickly rode into town to get a group together to go looking for her.

For a week they searched, Colt even rode to his parents house asking around that town. But no matter where they went they couldn't find her.

"I'm going to New England." He annouced finally. The Duke had to have come and gotten her.

"Do you really think she is there?" Ma asked.

"That's the only explanation is that the Duke got her! I can't believe I let this happen?!" He replied as he walked towards the door. Just as he was about to open it someone knocked on it. He opened it and saw a man standing there with a covered basket in his hands.

"Colt Ryder?" The man asked.

"Yes?" He asked weary.

"I'm to deliver this to you." He said holding out the basket and a note. Colt took both and the man turned around and walked off. Just as he mounted and was out of site Colt moved the blanket aside to see a tiny baby looking up at him. The wind was suddenly knocked out of him as he looked down at it. It had Ivy's cute little nose, and it's eyes were shaped like her's too. He sat down quickly on one of the rocking chairs as his mother walked out and gasped. He tore open the letter.

Mr. Ryder,
I regret to inform you that your wife passed away a little bit after delivering this young child. On her death bed she informed me that she wanted me to make sure your son would get to you safely. I hate to have to be the one that has to write this letter telling you about the passing of your wife. But your son is healthy as can be. Dr. McQuire

Colt stared at it his eye filling with tears. What had happened, was Ivy really truely dead! That wasn't something that someone would lie about. He took a deep breath and wiped his face. He had to take care of their son, no matter what he had to make Ivy proud.

"Colt?" His ma asked from behind him.

"Ivy's dead." He replied handing her the note and carefully picking up the now awake baby boy from the basket. There was no doubt it was Ivy's baby. It cooed softly and snuggled against his hand. It was so tiny.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:07 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy spent most of her days crying. Tonight they were going to make the engagement "official" and the only reason that Damon hadn't done so before was because he was waiting for the baby to be born.

Ivy had held her sweet baby boy for one, almost perfect day. She only wished that Colt could have been there. It broke her heart that he couldn't. Ivy wept harder. She didn't know what had become of their child. She just hoped that Damon had done as she asked and sent the baby to Colt. He would take care of him. She knew he would.

"Ivy, my dear," Damon grinned at her. "Looking good. Well, except for the red rimmed eyes. Better cheer up my dear! The ball will be held soon."

Ivy had lost almost all of her baby weight because she hardly ever ate. She didn't really have an appetite. In fact, she almost looked thinner than she did before she had her baby.

Damon left for her to get ready. Ivy bowed her head.

"Colt, I'll find a way to you soon. I'm sorry," she sighed.

110 Reviews

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:56 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Colt walked back and forth in front of the fire place at his house. It'd taken every last bit of him to talk ma into letting him go home with the baby. He yawned as he looked towards the now sleeping baby. It'd been a perfect little angel. Sleeping all the time and barely making a fuss. He was feeding it goats milk like the doctor had suggested and he had two nanny goats in the barn that he'd milk every morning along with the cow. He ran a hand over his face as one of the hands walked in.

"Sir, Adam is back." The man said. He was one of the several hands he had hired to help him as he took care of the baby. He refused to allow anyone else to raise Ivy's baby.

"Ask him to come in please." He said softly as he man nodded and then slipped out of the house. Five minutes later Adam came in hat in his hand shifting his feet a little.

"What did you find out?" Colt asked as Haven woke up crying. He walked over and picked the little baby up and he stopped crying.

"Doc Mcquire said he delivered a babe that would be his age and to Ivy, I showed him that picture, he said she didn't die and he didn't write that letter." Adam replied.

"What?!" Colt growled.

***Hope it's ok. :P ***
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:54 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**That's perfect. :)**

Ivy walked towards the girls she knew for nearly her entire life. And she hated them all. She had never really had close friends and the only ones she knew from her previous life (before Colt) were the really snooty ones.

"Wow, Ivy," one girl, Scarlett, sniffed. "You used to have such beautiful fair skin. I guess the country really took it's toll on you."

Ivy laughed. She loved the way the country had changed her. Her skin wasn't as sun bronzed as Colton's or Ella's but she definitely had a light brown tint to her skin. The girls here looked a sickly pale next to the girls back at her true home.

Ivy looked out of the huge mirror. It was dark and and rain was sliding down the clear glass in large rivulets. The girl staring back at her looked hopelessly miserable. Dark purple marked under her eyes from lack of sleep and crying almost constantly. Her skin stretched across her bones in a way that looked unhealthy. Although all the girls seemed to think that her most attractive feature was how skinny she had gotten.

She saw a tall man coming towards her in the reflection. Ivy turned away from the mirror, and the man, and ran away. She couldn't face Damon now. He was about to announce their engagement. The longer she stalled, keeping away from him, the longer that she could avoid the truth.

The she would have to marry this monster. Betraying Colt in a way she couldn't stand.

"Ivy, you aren't avoiding me are you, my pet," Damon laughed as she walked away from the people.

"Of course not," she spat out sarcastically. "Why ever would you think that I would avoid you of all people?"

When they were out of reach, Damon grabbed Ivy arm and yanked her towards him where he bent over her speaking in the threatening whisper.

"You listen to me Ivy and you listen good," he hissed. "You are not going to be moping around any longer. You will look happy to be marrying me and be grateful that I haven't done anything worse to this...situation."

"Oh yeah?" Ivy asked, glaring. "What if I don't want to? Why don't you make me."

Damon gripped her arm hard and put his lips next to her ear, speaking even softer, his next word giving Ivy the shivers. "Because then I'll go back to find your husband, have my troops slaughter him and his family then burn the town to the ground. So you'd better start doing as I ask, understand."

Ivy glared up at him. "Fine. Dunk Damon," she hissed.

Damon tightening his grip on her arm, making Ivy wince in pain. Damon looked a little shocked that he hurt her and regretfully released her arm.

"Now let's go announce our happy news," he sighed, straightening his clothes and hair. Ivy bowed her head and followed him, his red finger marks still throbbing on her arm.

110 Reviews

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:44 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Where did he say she went?" Colt demanded rocking Haven as the baby whimpered.

"They kept heading East. Took the babe with them." Adam replied.

"Go fetch Ella please, she'll need to care for Haven while I go and get her. Ask Winston to come in here too please." Adam nodded leaving the house. A few minutes later Winston walked in.

"She's alive?" Winston asked. Colt nodded. "And you need me to take you to Duke Damon's house?"

"Please."

"What about the babe?"

"Ella is going to take care of him."

"Then we've no time to lose. I'll go pack and get the horses ready."
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:06 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Damon stood in front of the room of people, puffing his chest out proudly.

"As you all know, Ivy has graced us again with her lovely presence. She's been...altered a bit by the harsh country, but we must all admit how brave she was to go out there. Now that she's back here and safe I feel so close to her. I'm amazed by her everyday and she's told me the same," he said looking at her almost daring her to disagree. Ivy gave a fake smile and nodded. "So...I've asked her to marry me. And, as I hoped, she said yes. We're getting married and a month. We want a wedding very soon because we just can't wait!

The crowd cheered and Ivy's heart sank to her feet. This was happening. This was her life.

110 Reviews

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:38 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Colt got everything settled, he got the documents that said he and Ivy were married, and then he packed as light as he could. He looked around the house for anything else he would need before he strapped his colt .44 (I don't know if that's the right gun) to his hips and tied it down around his thigh. He walked outside and mounted up.

"Take care of the ranch, Adam." He told the formen before him and Winston took off riding. They'd catch the train and then ride to the Duke, or whoever's house. Colt didn't care long as he got his Ivy back.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Fri May 14, 2010 3:10 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy went to the room that Damon had given her. It was actually a very nice room, but she had the feeling he only gave it to her to keep up his appearance. Everyone thought that Damon was so attractive. So kind. So rich. So noble, even, to marry her after such a tough time. Just to keep Ivy as wealthy as ever.

Well, she didn't care about that. She just wanted Colt back. She didn't even have her baby boy anymore either. Her throat ached. She hoped Damon had sent him to Colt, like planned.

There was a knock outside her door.

"I'll be right there," Ivy called, thinking that it was a guest who was staying the night, too drunk to go home.

Damon, himself, had drank quite a bit to toast their "engagement." Ivy had refused to touch a drop.

Ivy opened the door to reveal Damon, hallow, thin cheeks rosy. Yes, he was drunk.

"Go away," she hissed, attempting to slam the door in his face.

"No. I don't think so," he murmured to her, shoving his booted foot in the doorjam. "We need to talk, honey. And maybe even...get to know each other. You've been with that country boy, it's time I showed you what a real man is."

Ivy gulped. No. No he couldn't be talking about that. No.

She would kill him. She wouldn't let him. If he thought Ivy was weak, he had another thing coming.

110 Reviews

Wed May 19, 2010 1:55 am
TNCowgirl says...

**When do you want Colt to show up?**
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Wed May 19, 2010 1:33 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Anytime is fine. :D But I'm sure Damon won't be that happy about it. xD

110 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 2:23 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt arrived back at her home town and after a while he finally found where she was at. He had packed a suit so he would fit in the group that was there. He managed to slip into the house due to the fact that most of the people that were there were drunk. He asked a few questions about the man that was to be engaged, asking where he was, and was finally pointed up the stairs. He moved quickly up the stairs and to a room where he heard fighting. He listend until he heard the voice hew as waiting for, his wifes voice, his Ivy's voice. He shoved the door open fists clenched.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 1:37 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

"You wouldn't know a real man if he hit you upside the head!" Ivy yelled.

Damon raised his chin and clenched his fist into a hand. Then, right as Ivy registered that Damon was about to hit her, the door flung open.

Standing in the doorway, looking odd yet handsome in a dark suit, was Colton. Ivy's heart stopped and her stomach clenched, painfully.

"No," she whispered, walking towards him, almost as if in a daze.

Colt was looking at her with a new hope and a then Ivy felt rough hands grab her arm.

"What are you doing here?" Damon demanded. "Ivy doesn't want you, do you Ivy?"

But Ivy had already jerked free of his grip and ran straight into Colton's open arms. Ivy felt safe and warm for the first time since she left. And she couldn't take it. Her heart swelled and she snuggled close to him, sobbing like a child.

"Colton!" she sobbed, her cry muffled by his suit. "I-I'm sorry, Colton. But-but he threatened the town. And you and I just couldn't lose you. Please, I love you. Colt, I'm so sorry."

"Well, I have no choice now," Damon hissed. "I guess I'm going to have to kill Colton. And everyone else is that little country town."

Ivy didn't want to leave the safety of her husbands arms. She didn't think that she could bear it. So instead she looked up.

"Please, Damon, don't," she begged. "I'll stay with you. But just let me have a moment. Colton...I have to stay."

She buried her head back in his chest, her sobbing over but fresh tears leaking out.

Who knew paper and ink could be so vicious.
— Kathryn Stockett, The Help