z

Young Writers Society

War of the Tsurekin

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:43 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"No, they tried at first but I got away." She replied as she ran a hand through her hair. "There were alot of cameras around. Maybe they'll see that we are just here to help them."

"I doubt it, but we'll see. We have to talk to Ivy first." Kai replied.

"Where am I?" Katherine asked looking around.

"This is a haven for Tsurekin like us. A lady named Ivy runs it and trains us." Skylar said with a smile. "You'll like her."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:06 pm
Dynamo says...

"Come inside," Kai said, leading Katherine into the mansion. "We'll explain everything." They brought her to the parlor so they could have a place to sit. Kai sat in one of the single chairs while Katherine and Skylar took the couch. Each Tsurekin sat on the floor near their masters.

"This place is huge," Katherin said with awe. "You live here?"

"For now," Kai said. "Ivy is the one who brought us all together and gave us a safe place to live with our Tsurekin."

"A safe place from what?" Katherine asked.

"From Jirran and Tsurikansen," Skylar piped in.

At Katherine's confused look, Kai began to explain, "Tsurikansen used to be a group of people and their Tsurekin that Ivy brought together before she found us. But her second in command, a man named Jirran, challenged her to a fight and won. After that, he took control of Tsurikansen."

"He's a bad man," Skylar piped in. "If he found out about the two of you before we could get you on our side he would have gone after you himself like he tried to do with us. If you refused to join him, he would have sent his people to kill you and Lavos." She remembered the news report she had seen the night they met Ivy, of the footage from the security camera in the apartment lobby where Kai used to live when Taura trashed the place to get to him. She suppressed a shudder.

There was a defiant look in Katherine's eyes that made Skylar want to smile. "We can handle ourselves just fine."

"Not against this enemy, not on your own," a voice from the hall said. Sahara, Ivy's Tsurekin, entered the parlor. As he went to sit beside Ryukin he said, "Against some of his men you might stand a chance, but if Jirran came after you himself you would be as good as dead. His Tsurekin, Chimera, is a powerful foe, one that even I could not stand against."
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:09 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

"The one that came after Kai tore apart almost an entire apartment complex. These things aren't small or defenseless. They have been training for years and years with their Tsurekin and they use something that is called Soul Possession. It makes them extremely powerful for a short period of time, though it hurts their Tsurekin in the long run. Even still they are a strong foe." Skylar shrugged. "Trust me, one of the best ways to get to be able to defeat them, is train like no bodies business."

"We fared alright tonight." Katherine smiled.

"Yes, but alone it would be impossible for the two of us. Kai and Ryukin are a little different because of their lineage and how much they have trained." Skylar replied as she relaxed into the couch.

"The media is soaking all this up like a sponge, best part is they don't know which side we're on anymore. Every channel has a different story, half think we're the good guys, the other half still think we should all be destroyed." Elise smiled walking in and sitting down. "It's quiet amusing to see what they think we are, some are saying we're a man made machine."
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:58 pm
Dynamo says...

Kai straightened a little in his seat. "I'd like to take this chance to say that I'm sorry we weren't forthcoming with this information when we first met you. We were afraid you might be scared and run from us if we explained everything to you right away. We all need to work together, to have as many people on our side as possible. Jirran isn't the real threat, but if we don't do something about him we won't have the strength we need to fight when the Tsurekin Lords awaken."

Katherine gave him an odd look. "Tsurekin Lords?"

"Ivy tells us the Tsurekin Lords are five colossi that created all our Tsurekin, and they awaken every thousand years to wreak havoc. In orer to fight them we need the help of every Tsurekin in the world, but in order to truly defeat them we need to have their descendants on our side." Kai turned to his own Tsurekin and said, "Ryukin here is the descendant of Draco the Dragon, and Sahara from Hera the Sphinx. They're not here right now, but we also have the descendant of Simurgh the Phoenix on our side. We haven't found the descendant of Zwolle the Basilisk yet," his gaze shifted toward Lavos, "but we did find the descendant of Lernae the Hydra."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:45 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"So let me get this right, you are saying that Lavos is the descendant of this god like Hydra?" Katherine asked looking at Lavos who looked like he shrugged.

"They are Lords, but yes." Kai replied.

"So what are all the other Tsurekin? And why do they want to wreak havoc on the things they created?" Katherine asked looking back at Kai. "And what was that thing today?"

"That was an agent." Skylar replied rolling her neck and rubbing it. "They don't have the power the Lords do."

"Still, what is it? A Tsurekin that didn't find it's master?"
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:50 am
Dynamo says...

Kai shook his head. "No. They're mindless servants that serve the Tsurekin Lords. The wyvren we saw today was one of the agents of Draco the Dragon. As the time comes close to the Lords' awakening their agents awaken and begin to roam. The first one that showed up a while back attacked the carnival, and we had to take it down before it could to much damage."

Katherine gave Kai a wide-eyed look. "You were the ones who fought that thing? I saw the news report, but..."

Kai continued before Katherine spoke again. "We may have won the fight, but there's much more of those things waiting to surface, at least a hundred or more. One or two will appear before the time of the Tsurekin Lords' awakening, but once Draco rises the rest of them will as well. Another reason why we need all the help we can get to fight when it happens. As long as Jirran is around, our strengths will be split."

Katherine was silent for a moment, then asked, "When are the Tsurekin Lords going to awaken?"

"On New Years Eve," Skylar answered a little grimly.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:34 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"So there isnt' much time to deal with this Jirran and build our forces?" Katherine asked looking around the room.

"Pretty much, but we also need to build up our own strength. Building up our fighting skills because those of us that aren't decendents will need to fight off the agents." Sky replied.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:43 pm
Dynamo says...

"Count me in then," Katherine said. "If there's anyway I can help, I'll do it."

"You already know how to use Soul Fusion, so simply having you on our side has given the Aushalten a great boost of strength," Kai explained.

"Soul Fusion?"

As Kai began to explain to Katherine what Soul Fusion was, Skylar heard a distant wailing that drew her to the window. She frowned as the sound gradually became louder and recognized it as police sirens, then her heart sank into the pit of her stomach when she saw a dozen cop cars and three SWAT vans pull up to the front gate.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:19 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

"Guess who." Skylar said a bad feeling bubbling up in the pit of her stomach.

"Get all the Tsurekin hidden, make sure that if any of you get handcuffed they do not come out under any circumstances." Ivy said walking in.

"If anyone touches Skylar I will rip their head off." Tala growled low in her throat.

"No, you will stay hidden. They can't hold us on charges when they have no proof. Plus, you could easily break into a police station and get me if you needed to." Skylar said looked over at Kai. "We've got a problem, they are surrounding the place, from what I can tell they are already in the woods, we'll have to hide them inside the house somehow."
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:23 pm
Dynamo says...

(Sorry for the delay again, I've been preoccupied. The rest of the Aushalten around going to still be at school while this is happening, and they'll get away before the police can get around to questioning them. All the Tsurekin are at home, and they're going to try and keep the police at bay while the others escape.)

As they ran through the house to find a place to hide Skylar said, "Why are they here? How would they know we were the ones fighting the Agent?"

"It doesn't matter," Katherine said. "As long as we hide our Tsurekin we'll be fine."

Kai silently cursed himself before finally spilling the beans. "They'll take us in, Tsurekin or no."

"What do you mean?" Skylar asked.

"This morning, I saw a suspicious car near the school. Most likely it was those two cops that came to the mansion the other day. They were staking us out when the Agent appeared."

Skylar came to a complete stop before whirring to face Kai. "You knew they were watching and you didn't tell us!?"

Kai had expected the anger in her voice. The only thing he could do now was tell her the truth. "You were still shaken up about the police tracing our activities back to the mansion, I didn't want you to worry. If I had known it was going to cause a problem-"

"You should have told us, told ME!" Skylar yelled, her outrage showing clear in her eyes. "Because you didn't the police are now on our doorstep preparing to charge in and take us all to jail, and who knows what they'll do to our Tsurekin if they find them!?"

Kai shot back before he could stop himself. "You think I don't know that!? Even if I had told you the Agent would still have shown up and the police would still have seen us fight it!"

Katherine shoved herself between the two of them. "This isn't the time for an arguement!" she shouted. "If the police are after us like you say they are hiding is out of the question. We need to find a way to escape."

Before they could think of a plan the window down the hall shattered as two armed SWAT officers charged in. They had their weapons pointed and started shouting for them to get on the ground. Before Kai and Skylar could stop them, Ryukin and Tala charged forward at the two men. The officers fired on the dragon and wolf, though while Kai and the others had expected bullets to come out of their guns a thin stream of blue energy came out instead. When the energy hit the two Tsurekin electricity arched and jolted around their bodies. Ryukin and Tala collapsed on the floor in seconds, and didn't get back up.

(Ryukin and Tala are out of commission, now they have to leave them behind to escape.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:01 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Tala!" Skylar screamed about to run to her. Kai grabbed her arm though pulling her out of the room quickly.

"We'll get them back, I promise but we can't help them if we're caught too." He said as they ran. "Now come on we have to get out of here."

"We need to follow them, see where they are going." Skylar said tears running down her face. "We can't let them hurt Tala!"

**Sorry it's short, been pretty stressed lately.**
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:03 pm
Dynamo says...

(It's okay, I'm just happy to see you posting again. :D )

"We can't help them if we get caught, too," Kai told her as he led them toward the back. Their only chance of getting away would be to vault over the stone wall that surrounded the grounds. But as they bolted out of the back they heard the sound of fighting and shouting further in the building. It sounded like the SWAT officers were having trouble inside.

"Freeze!" Kai, Skylar, and Katherine turned and saw two officers coming around the side of the building toward them, their guns out and aimed at them. Lavos immediately stepped in front of his master to protect her.

One of the windows on the second floor shattered as Mirage jumped out and landed in front of the men. The tiger swiped at the two officer's rifles, snapping the barrels off like twigs with his claws. He then pounced on one and pinned him to the ground. The other officer reached for his hand gun, but Mirage's tail whipped up and snapped it out of his grip. From the pained cry the man made it seemed like the tiger had broken his hand in the process.

As the tiger wrestled with the two men, Akira ran out the back door. The Japanese woman was panting when she caught up to them. "Are you all okay? Where's Ryukin and Tala?"

Kai shook his head. "They have them."

Akira cursed in Japanese. "We have to leave. Come on!"

They followed the woman across the back yard toward one of the hedges that lined the outer wall. "Where's Ivy?" Kai asked as they ran.

"Inside, causing a distraction for us." The woman hopped over one of the bushes and patted her hands across the dirt until she found a handle in the ground. Pulling it, she opened a hidden hatch to what looked like a secret underground tunnel. "Get in!"

"What about Mirage?" Skylar asked as she and Katherine climbed down the stone steps.

"He can handle himself," Akira said. But, a moment later they heard the sound of a gun being fired, followed by the whine of electricity. Looking over the bushes they saw a third officer standing by the back door with his gun trained on the downed tiger. Akira swore loudly in her native language, but squeezed her eyes shut as she urged Kai down.

When they were all inside she closed the hatch and locked it shut. "This will hold them off for now, but we need to keep going," she said as she turned on a flashlight. Fresh tears were starting to stain the woman's face.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:37 am
TNCowgirl says...

It took every ounce of Skylar's will power to keep going to not turn back and try to rescue Tala.

"Keep moving, we'll get them back." Kai said running next to her. "We gotta keep going or they have no hope."

"What will they do to us if they catch us? Won't they know we're not the bad guys?" Skylar said hopefully even though she knew that probably wouldn't happen.

(((OY)))
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:07 pm
Dynamo says...

"Doubtful," Akira said as she wiped tears away from her face. "If a bunch of cops are smashing through the windows to arrest us do you really think they'll stop and listen to us?"

Skylar swore under her breath. It wasn't fair, all they were trying to do was stop Jirran and the rest of the Tsurikansen, the real bad guys, and the police wanted to arrest them for it. If those undercover cops hadn't seen them fight, if Kai had at least told everyone they were being watched...

She stopped, whirred on Kai, and pushed him against the stone wall. Her anger bubbled and boiled as she squeezed his arms, pinning him aganst the stone wall. "This is all your fault!" she screamed.

"Skylar," Akira started, but she ignored the woman.

"You should have told us we were being watched, and you didn't! Because of you the police found out about us and took Tala! If you told us we were being watched we could have done something about it, but you didn't! I trusted you, Kai." She shook him once, making him hit the wall once more. "I trusted you!"
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:40 pm
TNCowgirl says...

I've nothing.
Want a Readers crit???

Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy