Young Writers Society

The Kill

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:35 am
View Likes
October Girl says...

like a woman is a witness to a murder.
Then the murder finds out, captures her, and hits her really hard over the head and tosses her into a lake or something
But there's a police officer that sees everything and gets her out and takes her to the hospital
and she can't remember anything
so to protect her the police officer lies to her and tells her their married.***

So far that's our plot

Sterling Pierce was definately not a laid back kind of guy. He was always on watch and his favorite hobbie was to put away murders and creeps. He watched as a car began to back up. There was a woman inside it, her head was bleeding horribly, her mouth was taped with duct tape. She looked almost like she wasn't even breathing he tried not to panic. Her head lulled against the car window... It was so dark and he was off duty but he still carried his badge and gun.

"Shit." he growled. "Here we go again."

**The girl who's in the car is your character just letting you know 8) **
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:34 am
TNCowgirl says...

The car stopped at the edge of teh bridge and Caralina was picked up and tossed into the water. The murder jumped back in his car and sped off. Sterling ran over ot the edge of the bridge and dove in after her. He was torn between saving her and capturing the man that had thrown her, but he woudl sve her first.

She wasn't to heavy and he easily got her back to the shore and to his car. He called in the dispatcher letting them know what happened so they could warn the hospital.

Caralina woke up in a strange room. She didn't know where she was, or who she was. Just her name.

"GOod morning, miss." A guy said standing over her. She looked at him and tried to register his face.

"Where am I?" She asked.

"A hospital." He replied. "Do you remember what happened?"

"Who am I?" She asked ignoring his question.

"Do you not know?" He asked.

"No." She replied looking around.

"Your name is Caralina." he replied as his eyes narrowed. "Can you remember anything about your accident?"

"Accident?" Sheasked confussed. "What are you talking about?"
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:12 pm
View Likes
October Girl says...

Sterling knew he had to protect her, she was so beautiful just laying there. He wasn't in the market for a wife but duty calls.

"Well uh... Lina darling, you fell."

The woman looked freaked out. "I... I-I what?" she stuttered.

"You fell off our two story house." Sterling said wiping hair from her face.

She brought her hand to her forehead and she moaned. "I feel like I was hit with a baseball bat." she said and that's when Sterling's hand went to hers.

"Do you know who I am?" he asked.

She looked around and shook her head. "I don't remember anything except my name."

"I'm... Your husband."

That's when Sterling Pierce thought he couldn't be anymore stupid.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:22 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Caralina looked at him surprised. Why couldn't she remember that. Did they have kids?

"Do we have kids?" She asked. Where's my ring?

"No, no kids." He replied as he put a smile on. She looked at her left hand.

"ring?" She asked.

"We had to get it resized, it's not back yet." He replied. She nodded and ran a hand through her hair. She took a deep breath. She was married. He was hott, no doubt about othat. But she was married to him. She didnt know how she looked, but something told her that he was way out of her class.

***He has no pictures of her, or clothes of her's, or anything. :P ***
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:12 am
View Likes
October Girl says...

**It's OK I got it covered.**

Sterling had no idea how he was going to keep up this lie. He had to protect her, it was his job and nothing else. If she died or was hurt in anyway he would move on with his life feeling guilty every step of the way. She layed there, so helpless there was no longer any type of blood on her forehead and her hand had been burned by something, maybe she was being tortued. The poor soul.

"How come I don't remember you? What's your name?" she asked.

He was a police officer not a damn actor, but he tried his best. "You may not remember me because we eloped. My name is Sterling Pierce." he said then took her hand in his.

"So I'm Caralina Stering Pierce?" she questioned.

He nodded. "We've known each other for only two weeks. Your parents died in a shoot-out at a bank when you were only ten. You have no siblings or any other relatives."

OK so it was a lie but she didn't have to know that.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:25 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Caralina bit her lower lip. She must've either been in serious love with this guy, or have been in a bad situation before. She sighed.

"How long am I going to be here?" She asked.

"Another day to make sure you aren't going to have a concussion, then I'll take you home." He smiled at her leaning against the bed.

"Ok. So, I remember absolutly nothing." She said looking down. Would he be mad at her? If she had really loved him and he left her, thenif she got her memory back she'd be heart broken.

"Thats alright." He smiled. An officer walked in and looked at Sterling.

"Sterling, we need to talk." The officer said as if they were best friends.
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:07 am
View Likes
October Girl says...

He nodded at the officer.

"I'll be right back... uh... Darling." he felt weird as the word rolled off his tongue. He exited the room feeling stiff and wondering what the hell he had gotten himself into.

**I dunno why the officer wants to talk :?
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:23 am
TNCowgirl says...

**I"ll play the other officer**

Jones looked at Sterling. "Darling?" He crossed his arms. "What have you doin this time Sterling?"

"Told her we were married." He replied iwth a shrug.

'How are you going to pull that off? We still have to try and find her family, if she has any? Are you crazy?" Jones demanded.
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:51 am
View Likes
October Girl says...

Sterling's neck felt strained, he was tired grumpy and yet found himself now married. She was cute and all but when the truth came out, and it usually did, she'd be a hellcat. He wasn't marrying her for her looks or charm... In fact he thought they were complete opposites. He never wanted to get married he didn't even know if he wanted children and yet now because of his ready-to-jump-the-gun act he was now married.

"Look I've read over her report, no crimal history, no family, a little bit of friends. She's a traveler! She doesn't remember anything, Jones. Plus she's officially under my care. Nothing is going to happen to her." Sterling rubbed a cut and scratched hand over his face.

"Damn it Pierce, I hope your right." Jones said watting up his paper coffee cup.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:28 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

A couple of days later Caralina was released from the hospital and Sterling helped her out to his car. She felt better, but the doctor wanted her taking it easy. She climbed in the car and sat down staring out the window. She willed her brain to listen to her, to remember, but she couldn't. She took a deep breath and shook her head, why oh why couldn't it be that easy?

"We're home." Sterling said after a while. She looked at the small house and something inside her felt like she'd come home. She carefully climbed out of the car and looked around. The flower bed needed major tending to.

*So I say she turns up pregnate, like either the murderer had raped her, or someone else had. :P Whole new twist. :P *
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:06 pm
View Likes
October Girl says...

**Right on I say lets go for it**

Sterling helped her out of the car and slowly settled her into the house. Since none of her things were there he had someone find out her clothes size and plant the items in the main bedroom. He didn't know how to handle her.

"You think you can manage?" Sterling asked.

She nodded.

"Welcome to your new home." he said, not smiling.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:18 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Caralina looked over at him, something seemed wrong. She didn't say anything though. She wrapped her arms around her shoulders and followed him in the door looking around.

She followed him around the house as he pointed areas out to her. She just nodded as they went. She felt at a loss of what to say or do. When they got to the bedroom he showed her where her clothes were. She snagged a jacket and pulled it on.

"YOu cold?" He askesd. She nodded as she pulled it lcoser to her.

"Just a little." She replied.

***All I had. If it was the murderer we'll have to wait a week before we add that.***
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:21 pm
View Likes
October Girl says...

**OK**

Sterling watched as she walked around, how long could he keep this entire act up. He wasn't in the market for a wife especially one who couldn't remember a damn thing.

"I'll turn on the heater." he said and rubbed her back a little.

**blocked**
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:26 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Caralina had the urge to lean against his touch, but something told her she shouldn't. He was her husband though. She gave in to her urge and then she moved away when she felt him stiffen up.

"I-I'm going to get something to eat." She muttered walking to the kitchen. "Anything in perticular you want?"

**She's a good cook :P**
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:42 pm
View Likes
October Girl says...

Sterling shook his head. "No, I uh don't want anything to eat." he said.

As if on cue his cell phone rang. "Hello?" It was about a murder that had gone on later on yesterday and the discription was exactly like Caralina's.

"Shit." he said. "Sorry hon, we have to go." he said turning off the burner and taking her out to the car. "We have to go back to the station."
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
— Leonardo da Vinci