z

Young Writers Society

Disguise

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:37 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Dawn slowly walked down the street from the store to her apartment building. She hummed softly as she kept her eyes open. She wasn't going to get jumped again. The scar on her arm was enough of a reminder to keep her eyes open. She smiled as she felt the mace in one hand and a knife in another.

Meow She jumped slightly at the sound until she releazed what it was. She started in search for the cat. Meow.. It was getting closer. She walked towards the noise to see the most adorable black cat walking towards her. He started rubbing up against her legs. She smiled and picked him up.

"Hey, little buddy." She smiled rubbing his face against her's. "You a stray?"

Meoowwwwww He replied purring loudly. She smiled as carried it towards her house stroking it's soft fur. She walked into her house, it was an old fire station. She locked the doors and climbed up to her room up the spiral stairs setting the cat on her bed.

"Well then, welcome home. We'll have to come up with a name." She smiled as she walked into her bathroom pulling off her work clothes and then pulling on her pj's. She grabbed the cat as she went back downstairs and grabbed a cartoon of ice cream from the freezer then plopped on her couch. "We'll have to get you some food. I wonder what I have you will like. Come on, you can pick whatever you want out of the fridge." She smiled as she walked back to the fridge opened the door and set the cat down. He nuddged a container wtih tuna in it and she smiled pulling it out and puttin it in a bowl then carrying it over to the couch with her.
Last edited by TNCowgirl on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:48 pm
View Likes
October Girl says...

Dante had to get away from those people. They knew exactly who he was and how he was doing it. He found a girl walking on the street and began to approuch her, in feline form. He meowed a couple of times and rubbed against her ankles. That got woman all the time. He smiled, he hated being carried but for some reason he liked it when she carried him. What was her name? And was she single? Dante chuckled inside his own head.
"I'm going to name you...Skylar." she smiled.
*Oh lady you have another thing coming* Dante thought while jumping and curling in her lap. He wondered how long he could do this.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

110 Reviews

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:56 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Dawn smiled and stroked Skylar. She rubbed behind his ear with her fingers as she flipped trhough the channels trying to find something to watch. She finished her ice cream and tossed teh container in the trash.

"Alrighty, Skylar, time to go to bed." She yawned as she scooped him up and headed up the stairs. SOmeone started pounding on the door and she growled. This was annoying. She walked back to the door and Skylar tried to wiggle from her hands. "Chill, bud." She cracked the door open a little.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Hi. You haven't happened to see a black cat around ahve you?" A lady asked. "I lost my Dante."

"Only black cat I've seen is Skylar." She replied. She didn't want to give this cat up. She'd wanted a pet for so long.

"Can I see him?" THe lady asked.

"Ya, but he's been my cat for a while. So your wasting your time." She replied. Skylar curled up against her arms and she held him out a little. THe lady looked at him and shook her head.

"Ya, sorry I bothered you." She sighed looking disappointed.

"I hope you find your cat." She replied closing the door and then walking upstairs. "Sorry buddy, but I think I need a companion more then she does."
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:06 am
View Likes
October Girl says...

*Thank God!* Dante heard the hallelujah chorus break out in his own ears. He slowly acted like he was licking his paw then went off track and began to lick her shoulder. His way of saying he loved her in a friendly way he was crossing his paws hoping she didn't have a boyfriend or she wasn't straight. That would be aweful!
"You're so cuddly." she smiled and nuzzled Dante.
Dante purred, he would like it here. YES, yes he would. She got into her bed and Dante jumped on top of her curling up on her stomach. Hopefully he could stay here for a while until he could gain her trust then possibly take everything she had and high tail it out of there. He never admitted to being nice.
"Goodnight, Skylar I'll buy you some food tomorrow." she promised.
With that he slept like a baby.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:10 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Dawn yawned the next morning and she slowly sat up. Skylar wasn't anywhere in sight. She yawned as she rubbed her eyes and walked down the stairs grabbing a bowl of cereal. "Here kitty kitty." She called as she poured the milk. "Come on Skylar, where are you."

***I didn't know how you wanted to do this part. I gotta go feed horses, I'll be back in no more then 30 minutes I would guess. :D***
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:28 am
View Likes
October Girl says...

**Just go along with this post. I don't want her to find out he's a cat just yet.**

Dante was sitting on Dawn's living room couch, he'd shifted last night when he had to pee but then he couldn't shift back. He'd had enough time to go to the store and buy a black cotton shirt and black jeans. His hair was black and curly, it only touched the top of his ears. His eyes were bright green and he had claw marks across his chest. He was very toned and his skin was a bronze color. His abs clung to his shirt outlining his ribs, shoulders and lower stomach.
"Skylar are you down HERE?!" The woman shouted the last word as she saw Dante calmly sitting on her couch. "Who are you? And why are you sitting on my couch?" she asked quickly grabbing a baseball bat that was leaning against a wall.
Dante thought quickly on his feet. "Your father sent me."
Her eyebrow went up. "My. Father... Sent... You." she said it weirdly. "For what?"
"To protect you... Someone is after you... Dawn." OK so he'd also had enough time to look through her personal goodies.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:11 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Dawn looked at the guy. He was hott, she didn't know when her dad had decided to help her, but whevery floated his boat.

"O-o-ok, have you seen my cat?" She asked as she set the bat down.

"He was wanting outside, so I let him out. Was that wrong?" He asked. She frowned.

"UH YA! Now he won't come back." She sighed taking a deep breath. "How do I know my dad sent you?" She demanded.

"Well," He crossed his arms and she couldn't deny that his muscles didn't make him all that more applying. "he's the only one that knows that your mom didn't really die."

"Fine, I believe you.' She growled storming up to her room. She heard him follow. "Uh, personal space. So your my body guard or something?"

"Or something." He replied with a shrug.

"Uh huh. So That entitles what?" She demanded.
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:26 am
View Likes
October Girl says...

"It means... I guess I'll be staying with you." Dante said making eye contact with her, her cheeks turned pink. He was making her blush. He smiled inside but kept his jaw set while he was staring at her.
"I-uh... I-I don't have an extra room." she said crossing her arms.
This time he showed a sort of smirk. "Well then I guess I'll just be boarding with you then, huh?"
Her eyes wen wide and she looked a bit taken back, like no one had ever offered to take her to bed. Unlikely. "I don't think so."
Dante shrugged. "Suit yourself. The couch is fine."
"Couch? Couch? What couch? Who even said you could stay here? I don't even know your name... And who's after me?"
"And your father swore to me this would be easy. Calm yourself, Daylight." Dante put his feet up on her table
"It's Dawn." She glared puting her hands on her hips.
"No it's not, it's ten AM." Dante looked at her grandfather clock.
"Get your feet off my table...-?"
"Dante Sterling." He threw her way.
"Fine get your feet off my table Dante Sterling! I'm going to be late for work." She said and started to run around.
"Um... Day-"
"Dawn." she corrected.
"Right, uh Dawn... It's Saturday." He smirked. "You don't work on saturdays."
"How do you know that?" she asked.
"Bodyguard." he sang in a flat tone.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:35 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Dawn swallowed. "So that means I have to spend all day with you?" SHe demanded.

"Get used to it." He replied.

"Ya, right, I"m supposed to get used to an egotistical, jacka**...."

"Ah, don't say nasty words." He smirked.

"Fine, an egotistical, jerk, who thinks he can walk in here tell me he's my bodyguard, and suggest I sleep with you!" She yelled. "YOu better keep your distance from me or I swear I"m going to murder you myself. Whoever is after me can just come after me and I'll take care of myself." She stromed towards the door, but out of the blue he was in front of me. Dang he's fast.

"Where are you going?" He demanded.

"Away from you." She growled.

"Bodyguard, aka your stuck with me." He smiled.

"Ok, that smile might work on most of the girls you 'protect', but it sure won't make me listen to you." She turned her back on him and stormed towards the stairs. "If my cat comes back, I"m in my room, and don't you dare come up!" She was about to slam the door and hte stopped it.

"We started off on the wrong foot." He smiled.

"Your dang right we did. And nothign you can say can change that, bud!" She hissed. She wasn't use to being this caught off guard around anyone. It annoyed her.
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:44 am
October Girl says...

"Well can I at least try?" Dante asked getting quiet annoyed himself.
She poked him in the chest with a dangered finger. "Don't even try. I'm perfectly fine without a damn bodyguard I can handle whatever life throws at me."
If Dante was in cat form his ears would have perked up but since he was in human form he heard it before it happened. He slammed his body into Dawn's driving her into the ground as a bullet or two broke her bedroom window. His body felt like a frame protecting her, he ony hoped he didn't break anything like her neck or ribs. He looked up waiting for more gunshots but he heard none. The shooter had shot out her lightbulb and broken a vaise but that was it. Dante felt struggling beneath him and forgot that his body was practically crushing hers. He eased a little weight off her but did not get off her completely.
"You were saying?" he smirked, his face was very close to hers.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:56 am
TNCowgirl says...

"Get the hell off me please." She whimpered. Her heart was pounding so fast, and her breathing irregular. He didn't move through, his eyes were kinda of out of focus. She put her hands against his chest and tried pushing him up. "Please."

"Shut up." He hissed as he turned his head to the side a little.

"Get. Off. Me." She growled again. He turned facing her and kissed her firmly. He then got up and then walked to the pantry grabbing a broom and cleaning up the broekn glass. She just laid their frozen. Trying to figure out waht had just happened and why everything in her head was so twisted. She'd never been kissed before, and it put her in a faze.

"Do you have a board to board up that window?" He asked her looking down at her with that smirk of his.

"Get out of my house." She said in a hoarse voice.
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:08 am
View Likes
October Girl says...

*Really?* Dante thought. "How many times do I have to go through this with you? Want me to spell it out. B-O-D-Y-G-U-A-R-D.... Bodyguard a guard to protect your body."
She just stared at him. "More like someone to use my body for themselves. You arrogent bas-"
He put a finger to his lips. "Shhh. You wouldn't want me to tackle you again would you?"
She glared. "Come near me again and I'll kill you."
He turned his back and roll his eyes. "Fine I'll leave." he said and stared jogging down the stairs. "But don't expect me to stay away. We have a connection honey, whether you like it or not." With that he shut the door. He walked deeper into the alley. Had one kiss effected him so badly? His heart felt like her personal pinata. Then he shifted and walked back to her house, he started meowing and scratching at her door.

**I think she should talk to the cat about her problems lol**
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:20 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

***Thats my thought too***

Dawn took a deep breath as she heard something at the door. She ran down and opened it as Skylar walked in. She scooped him up and shut the door locking the three bolts on it. She clung tight to him as she hurried up the stairs and to her room slamming the door shut and then laying on her bed holding Skylar close. He meowed in protest and she let him go.

"Sorry, boy." She sighed. "I can't believe that idiot let you out. I thought I"d never see you again." He purred and rubbed up against her. She ran her hand over his head. "THat idiot of a body guard. I didn't even know anyone was after me. But someone tried to shoot me!" She felt tears run down her cheeks. She took a deep breath. "Then he had the audacity to kiss me!"

She ran a hand through her hair and got up walking over to her shattered window. She walked down to her basement and got some boards hauling them up to her room and hten started baording it up. Skylar rubbed against her leg as she did it.

"That stupid kiss! The nerve of him! I mean why'd he have to go and do that. She slumped against the wall and picked up Skylar. She took a deep breath and ran a hand through her hair. "It wasn't a half bad first kiss though." Skylar stopped rubbing up against her and looked up at her. "What? So what, it was my first kiss." She replied. "Don't you go judging me too!"
Want a Readers crit???

203 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:28 am
October Girl says...

Dante was shocked, and happy at the same time. Her first kiss huh? So it must mean she's never-
"Don't you go judging me too!" she yelled.
*Oh wouldn't dream of it.* Dante thought.
"That stupid, stupid, stupid bodyguard."
THAT WAS IT. Dante arched his back at Dawn. When she tried to pick him up he hissed and swipped his paw at her, but didn't cut or scratch her.
"What's gotten into you, kitty?" she asked.
Dante felt his ego start to deflate, that was never a good thing.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

110 Reviews

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:43 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

"Your hungry, of course." She said standing up. "He's gone so now i can leave and get that food." She walked to her cloest and grabbed clothes. She quickly stripped to her underwear then got dressed in a pair of jeans and a tight tee. She then pulled a hoody over it and brushed her hair out.

"Alright, your going to have to stay here, babe." She walked down the stairs and slipped into her shoes. Skylar stayed at her feet and she picked him up putting him on the couch. "Stay here."

*sorry*
Want a Readers crit???

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
— Groucho Marx