z

Young Writers Society

Twisted Fates

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:42 pm
Chupatoasta says...

When Catrin woke up in the morning she knew automatically where she was going. It was her last day as a completely free woman. What better way to spend it than with the guys? She pulled on a pair of trousers and a white tunic with a rough leather over vest. She slipped into a pair of boots and pulled her hair to the side before she added a leather cap, sneaking down the stairs. She looked like some peanant in all truth, despite the crystal bracelet she wore on her left wrist. She grabbed her bow and arrows from her father's armory, sneaking out the garden doors. She jumped the maze of hedges, running towards the barn. Astor flew above, landing on her shoulder. She quickly read Alexander's letter, slipping it into her pocket for safe keeping as she climbed up into the barn rafters, creeping over to three stacks of moving hay.

"I LIKE CHICKENS!" She screamed at the top of her head, screaming when all three idiots shot out of bed and right at her in a tired anger. She dropped off the rafter, hanging on while the three guys crashed into the hay below. She chuckled and pulled herself up, sticking her tongue out at the guy. "Okay, enough playing around, lets go. Come on! You three promised me!" The three guys groaned, sitting up and searching for their stuff.

After everyone had got their hunting gear together and Travis had let Catrin have a cape like him and the guys they head out, Catrin riding her beautiful black horse. It was probably only six, which was probably why the guys were so angry and tired. "I love you guys," she smiled innocently, getting glares and 'yeah yeah's in reply. She laughed loudly, gently tapping her horse in the side, shooting out of the barn. Her friends, Travis, Grayson, and Devon trotted after her on their own horses, all heading into the forest.

It was late afternoon when Catrin saw her father's hawk, Noble, fly above, dropping his letter in midair. It drifted down gently, Astor swooping by it and down to Catrin, the letter in his beak.

Catrin,

Your father and I demand that you come home. You've missed breakfast and lunch due to your gallivanting around the forest with the help. I recently got word that the Terrwyn will be arriving shortly. I know I said tomorrow, but obviously I was wrong.

Hurry home now,
Your mother

Catrin rolled her eyes, pulling the small buck she recently killed onto the back of her horse, tying the sack of other kills onto the side of her horse, who huffed angrily. "Guys, we've got to head back." Catrin shouted, her friends rejoining her soon after, their own kills hanging in a bag on both sides of their horses.

They all four started back towards the kingdom. As they neared the road Grayson's horse, Magi, stopped ears pricked. "Do you guys hear that?" Grayson asked. Catrin listened for a moment, hearing the jingle of bells.

"Sounds like someone important," Travis rolled his eyes, making Catrin chuckle. "Or a band of rogues."

"Ah oh well, come on, my mother's expecting me," she mocked her mother's voice, receiving laughter from her friends as they crossed the road.

As they crossed the wide road the jingling got louder, accompanied by hoof beats. "Stop right there!" A voice called. Catrin looked to her left, seeing a group of people all on white horses. She cocked and eyebrow, backing Jet, her horse up slowly. These were Terrwyn's weren't they. God, were all the guards young? She couldn't even tell which was the prince. Oh well, they'd all think that Catrin was a peasant, like her friends. She was dressed like one other that her bracelet. They were probably going to ask her which way the kingdom was. She was going to have fun with this.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:06 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Alexander wished he was back home. He wasn't even paying attention when his father stopped in the middle of the road. He yelled something and I looked up. There was a girl on a jet black horse with three men. They were all obviously peasants. His eyebrows knit together. They didn't look like family.

"Where is the kingdom?" His father demanded. The girl looked up innocently.

"W-What? I know of no such thing. I'm not sure, sir," she responded. Something in her expression said that she knew exactly where the kingdom was. Alexander noticed that his father saw it too.

"Listen girl, I don't have time for your games. Tell me where the castle is," he growled. Alexander's mother cleared her throat.

"If I may," she smiled coldly. She obviously saw the girl as dirt beneath her feet. "You could be severely punished, child. See our son is on his way to meet his future bride. Now I must advise you to tell us where the castle is...and soon."

Alexander groaned. The girl reminded him of Charlotte. not in appearance, but in her attitude.

"Let's just go," I suggested. "She probably doesn't know, mother. I'm sure my bride to be is waiting. Wouldn't want to miss that, would I?" I asked sarcastically.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

23 Reviews

Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:23 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Catrin smirked, cocking her head to the side. So this was her future husband? He was pretty good looking, for a Terrwyn that is. She snorted, trying to hide her laughter. "Ah, you're Princess Catrin's new fiancee? Ah, she's quite an odd gal that one. She loves gallivanting around the forests like fool. Hardly ever at home. I highly doubt she's there now." Grayson chuckled, shooting Catrin a playful smile while she pouted. "She loves handing out money to us peasant. Why just last week, she gave us enough to feed ourselves. I will say, despite how thankful I am of her, she's not a girl you'd want to get into a fight with. Punches like a man, that one." Catrin wiped the corners of her mouth to keep from grinning like a fool.

"Shush boy! We have no time for your stories! Now, tell us where the kingdom is!" King Terrwyn demanded, making Catrin flinch.

"Follow us, if you can keep up that is," Travis smirked, spinning his horse around and taking off. Jet reared up, neighing loudly as Catrin pulled his reigns back, the buck on the back staying tied down. She shot after Travis, looking behind her to see the Terrwyns falling behind. She smirked as Jet ran faster. She wasn't even aware that Alexander's letter from much earlier had fallen out of her pocket, landing on the dusty road.

*SHORT sorry!*
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:42 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**No problem**

Alexander shot off after the others. His mother and father were rather slow, but if he rode fast enough he could warn them to be a little more carefull around his parents.

Then up ahead, in the road, there was a letter. Alexander got off of his horse and picked it up. It was the very letter he had worte this morning...to...Catrin! So that was is bride to be. He couldn't help but grin.

He took off after her. His parents falling way behind. She didn't have too much of a lead on him.

"Excuse me!" Alexander called, he couldn't help but smirk at them as they stopped. "I was only wondering your names."

Catrin went to open her mouth but Alexander shook his head. "Not your name...Catrin."

"What?" She asked, incredulously. He waved the letter in the air and handed it to her. She was quite pretty. Even in, what looked like, man's clothing.

Alexander laughed. "And you ARE much shorter than I pictured," he grinned. He couldn't help but tease her.

"Alexander!" My mother shouted. Great...they had caught up.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

23 Reviews

Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:09 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Catrin pouted at the short remark, cursing the letter she had in her hands mentally. The traitor. Jet's nostrils flared as Alexander's parents neared, along with the guards and he took a few steps back, his ears back. Catrin ran her fingers through Jet's long mane in an attempt to calm him. "You, you peasants!" His mother screeched, causing Jet to get even more nervous. "I'll have your heads for that! I swear I will."

"Ah, that's quite funneh," Devon finally spoke, his horse a looking a little angry. "Last time I checked, we were in the Rhomantus kingdom, not Terrwyn." He smiled challengingly, glaring at Alexander. Now that Catrin thought about it, Travis and Grayson were glaring as well, as if they were Catrin's older brothers. Jet backed up a few paces.

"How dare you!" Queen Terrwyn screeched. "My son is the future ruler of the Terrwyn and Rhomantus kingdom! He'll see to it that you're hung!"

"And what of Princess Catrin? Will she have no reign at all?" Travis sneered.

"Why of course not. She is a woman after all." Suddenly Catrin burst into laughter, Jet suddenly calming down. "What are you laughing at girl?!"

"It's just," she laughed a little more, "funny that you think Princess Catrin will sit around idle and let a man rule on his own. She's not like that. Not at all. She believes that a woman shouldn't be behind a man, nor in front, but instead at his side. That is how she thinks. Simple as that. The Rhomantus kingdom is straight up this road. You'll cross a bridge and then ta-da, there it is. Have a... pleasant and entertaining stay." She smiled crookedly at Alexander, spinning Jet around once more before shooting towards the barn.

Catrin jumped off Jet, dropping the buck to the ground and untying the bags. "I'll see you guys later." She hugged each of her friends and stabled Jet before running towards the castle. Her sister's window was open and she climbed into it, running up hundreds of stairs before entering her own room. She washed her hands and face, brushed her hair out in its regular and elegant waves. She applied an extremely small amount of make-up to cover up the small scrapes on her face from running through the forest before shedding her clothes. She slipped into a regular black and dark purple dress, placing her disgusting tiara on top of her curly hair, stepping into her shoes before sliding on her black two inch shoes and running downstairs. Her mother shot her a glare as she took her seat between her brother and Romiette in one of the smaller thrones to the left of the throne room, where her parents sat at the front of.

~~

Dress: http://www.polyvore.com/untitled/set?id=10670366
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:20 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Alexander smiled as they neared the kingdom. His parents were sure to get a surprise when they met Catrin today. Then discovered that she was the peasant from earlier.

Alexander frowned a little. His mother certainly wouldn't like her free spirit. She thought that Catrin would hide in his shadow and 'do as she was told.' He was that she didn't. Who actually expected Alexander to rule both kingdoms without someone to help him?

His mother didn't realize. It took two to work together to rule. ALexander's heart sank to the bottom pits of his stomach and suddenly he felt alone. Soon he would be married off to princess Catrin and even though they got along decently now, they were still forced into this. He liked her alright for a Rhomantus, but he didn't love her.

Alexander jumped off of his horse walking stiffly beside his mother. A servant came to greet them and smiled widely at them.

"Mr. and Mrs. Rhomantus are looking foward to meeting you all. This way please," she squeaked leading them into a huge, grand throne room where Catrin's parents were waiting.

"Straighten up, Alexander," his mother hissed. He did as he was told and bowed curtly to them.

"Ah! You must be Alexander!" Mrs. Rhomantus exclaimed. "Such a handsome boy. I'm sure Catrin will be down in a moment...I'm sure you all would like to tidy up a bit?"

My mother nodded but didn't curtsy. Obviously that much hadn't changed between them. "We would appreciate that."

Alexander entered another hallway leading to an empty bedroom. He changed quickly into the outfit his mother had worked so hard over. Looking in the mirror, he tried to flatten his wavy black hair, but as always, it could not be tamed.

He stared at his reflection, his dark eyes showing nothing. This was it. This was the day Catrin and he would be stuck together forever. Not that it mattered to anyone what it was doing to them.

23 Reviews

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:31 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Catrin glanced in her mirror, touching up her appearance a little, her hands smoothing down her dress. She adjusted the crown a bit more, running her fingers down her face gingerly. What did it matter? She could go down with her hair a mess and wearing nothing but her night gown as nothing would happen. Alexander's parents couldn't possibly hate her any more than they already did. She collapsed on her bed, staring at the ceiling. Her dull, crimson ceiling. Astor swooped into the room, landing next to Catrin. "Hey boy," she smiled softly, scratching his feathered head. Astor screeched ruffling his feathers in an attempt to look bigger. Catrin chuckled and sat up, Astor hopping onto her shoulder. "I should just get this over with, huh?"

"Yeah, you should." A strained voice growled, causing Catrin to whip around. She almost died in laughter from seeing her best friend, Tybalt, crawling in the window. She helped him in, laughing. "What a climb, that's all I've got to say." He groaned.

"Well yeah, it's only a couple scores up. Missed you at the hunt today, Grayson burnt down a few trees after lunch. It was hilarious." Tybalt grinned crookedly at Catrin.

"The old man got sick, so I had to man the farm for a while till my little brother got back. So, how's the prince?" He stuck his tongue out in disgust, almost like he'd eaten something sour.

"Eh, he's cool. Are you going to be at the ball?" Catrin grinned, wiping the dust off Tybalt's button up, cloth shirt.

"Yeah, serving food."

"Then I'll save a dance for the waiter," Catrin smiled, sitting in the open window.

"You better. I bet that Terrwyn has two left feet. You're toes might need a break from being stepped on after a while." Tybalt smiled playfully, Catrin punching him in the chest.

"Oh however will I live with a man that steps on my toes?" Catrin cried dramatically, rolling her eyes while Tybalt barked in laughter.

After talking for a while Catrin heard someone yelling out her name. "Ah, I best be on my way." Tybalt smiled sadly, looking at Catrin, who was still sitting in the window. "Be careful around those Terrwyn's, okay?" Catrin nodded, hugging her best friend from the time she was five.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:43 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Alexander had made his way back to Catrin's parents. They seemed pretended as if he was one of the most important guests in their home. Oh this was just fabulous.

"Coming!" Catrin called walking forward. Her mother smiled as she walked up. Alexander looked over at his parents faces. Mostly his mother's.

"This...this is your daughter?" She asked, her control slipping. He raised his eyebrows. His mother looked...disgusted.

"Yes. This is my daughter," Catrin's mother said coolly. "She does look beautiful doesn't she."

"Well, of course, it's just," she looked between Catrin and her mother. "I must have been mistaken but I saw a peasant earlier that looked just like your daughter."

"My daughter? A peasant!" Mrs. Rhomantus shrieked. "Yes, I agree, you must have been mistaken!"

"Um, if you'd allow me to cut in," Alexander said quickly. "It had been a tiring journey and my mother has been distracted making plans. Perhaps you should discuss that instead?"

Mrs. Rhomantus looked me up and down. "What a fantastic idea Alexander," she smiled, although it was a strained one.

Alexander nodded. "Hello Catrin. You look lovely," He smiled politely. His mother pushed him forward, as if she was trying to encourage him. He groaned.

"Ready to see me really slay a beast. How about I start with my mother," Alexander whispered to Catrin.

23 Reviews

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:29 am
Chupatoasta says...

Catrin smiled crookedly at Alexander, hands clasped together in front of her, making her mother smile. "I'd still much rather watch you out dance a Brazilian Dancing Spider, but your mother might work in case it doesn't work. Or you can always take care of my mother for me." Catrin walked a little farther away from her and Alexander's parents that were discussing everything under the sun. The women about the wedding and the men about how amazing the season was for hunting.

"So I'm guessing the bedside table didn't completely murder you. You've got a nice bruise on the corner of your forehead. Good thing your hair's covering it." Catrin huffed, pouting up at him. Yes, up at him. She wasn't extremely short, compared to him, but she wasn't exactly eye level with him.

"Ah, did you bring my stepping stool?" She questioned. "You know for the whole you being a free man again comment." Alexander burst into laughter, grinning down at Catrin.

"Sadly I did not, how about I bend down?" He best his legs, seeing eye to eye with Catrin, who poked him in the forehead rather hard.

"I would hit you, but sadly I don't feel like giving your mother more reason to... hate me." She grinned.

*:'( so short*
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:57 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Really? You care what my mother thinks about you?" Alexander asked, a smile forming on his lips. "Interesting."

Catrin rolled her eyes. "I think you're getting a little carried away. I'm really not ready for my mother AND yours to tell what's wrong with me, actually."

"Hm, I think it's my charm," he winked.

"Yeah. That must be it," Catrin said sarcastically.

"Jealousy is not a flattering characteristic, princess," Alexander scolded.

"Jealous?" Catrin laughed. "Of a Terrwyn? Look who's getting carried away now."

"Me? Carried away? Never," he grinned. "I mean everything I say. Especially about out-dancing the Brazilian spider...he must have chickened out."

"You're just being silly now," Catrin shook her head.

"Is that meant as an insult princess?" Alexander responded.

"I'll leave that for you to decide," was her reply.

"The waiter certainly does have good taste," Alex grinned mischievously.

"What are you rambling about?" Catrin questioned, eyes narrowing.

"The help over there. He keeps staring at you...like I said, he's got good taste," Alexander chuckled as Catrin hit his arm.

"Find that funny, do you?" She asked, red faced. Alexander nodded, still laughing.

23 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:24 am
Chupatoasta says...

**What's going on now is just the rehearsal and dinner, is that okay?**

Catrin huffed angrily, crossing her arms. She glanced at Tybalt, who smiled crookedly at her. She let off a grin, which quickly faded when Alexander looked from her to Tybalt. "You know him?" He asked, rather oddly. She couldn't place his emotion when he asked this.

"He's a... close friend," she sighed, her mom suddenly grabbing her and Alexander's arm and dragging them over to a wedding planner that was dressed in rather flamboyant clothing. The planner was talking at a fast pace and rearraging everything around the room before ushering everyone up the entrance stairs. Her mother and father were at the front, followed by Alexander's parents, all of Catrin's siblings, and finally she and Alexander were at the back, supposedly to walk into the room last.

God, Catrin couldn't take much more of this planner's voice.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:41 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Sure. (:**

Alexander groaned. Catrin apparently felt the same. This was way too elaborate and it was starting to get on my nerves.

"Straighten up Alexander," his mother hissed. Alex rolled his eyes.

"Well, mother, since you planned on who I was to marry without me, why don't you plan this wedding without me?" He asked, gritting his teeth.

"Let's not argue," his mother replied, shaking her head. "You're being rather ungrateful."

"Right, that me, ungrateful because I had didn't get to choose who I was to marry" he said, sarcastically. Catrin laughed a little effectively earning a glare from my mother.

**Sorry it's short. I just don't know what to write. ):**

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:34 am
Chupatoasta says...

*I'm going to skip to after dinner*

"Catrin! Why don't you take Prince Alexander out to the garden, show him around the grounds while the adults talk?" Catrin's brother teased, shooing her off next to Alexander and her little sisters up the stairs. If her brother knew what was good for him he'd keep his foot in his mouth around Alexander's parents. Catrin growled, taking Alexander's hand nonchalantly, as if it was no big deal, and walked out into the garden.

"I hate him sometimes," she sighed, "He's always treating me like a kid."

"Well, you're short enough to be one," Alexander teased, receiving a playful glare.

"Ouch," Catrin laid her hand over her chest, shaking her head, "Another blow to the height, eh?" Alexander chuckled next to Catrin.

"Well of course princess," he grinned crookedly.

Catrin couldn't deny it. He was perfect, in his looks that was. He had the softest eyes and features. And by God, his smile was amazing with all those perfectly straight, white teeth. What Catrin liked most about his looks though, was his hair. It was so curly and luscious. It made her want to ring her fingers through it and k- Catrin shook her head quickly, making Alexander chuckle.

What Catrin didn't notice, however, was the fact that she and Alexander's fingers were entwined.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:07 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Alexander, though the grin was still on his face, was a little unnerved. When she had looked at him a minute ago he had wanted to...well, he shouldn't think like that. They were FORCED into this. Still she was very beautiful, her locks of wavy hair casaded down her back framing her heart shaped face. Not to mention the fact that he could actually joke around with her and have fun.

Alexander swallowed nervously. Catrin's hand still gripped his. He tried to ignore this. He thought of Charlotte and the other girls, still he couldn't get over the warmth of her hand in his. Alex was tempted to rip his hand from hers...but he couldn't. He was comforted that he hand was still in his.

"You're brother seems pretty interesting," he smiled down at her. Catrin rolled her eyes at him.

"Yeah he's just a ball of-" she tripped over one of the steps, dragging him down as he bumped into her. Alexander laughed as she blushed slightly.

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:24 am
Chupatoasta says...

Catrin's face felt as though it was on fire, and for that she felt like a fool. She had never, in her life, blushed like she was doing. Sure she blushed whenever hunting when she father and missed a kill, or if she fell while climbing a tree, but never had she blushed in front of a guy that wasn't a friend of hers since birth. Taking a shaky breath Catrin ran her free hand through her hair, suddenly realizing that she still had a grip of Alexander's hand. Her face turned an ever darker shade of red, if that was even possible, and she let go. "Sorry," she whispered, lowering her head and making her hair fall across her face, almost hiding the blush.

After she calmed down she smiled brightly, slapping her sides. "Well, now you know why my mom's always scrutinizing every move I make. Luckily she missed this one. I'd probably have my eyes clawed out for not being 'graceful' or 'womanly' enough." Catrin put air quotes around the two words, rolling her eyes.

"Yes, you're mother is quite the..."

"Witch? Banshee? Neat freak?"

"I was going to say character. Much like my own mother." Catrin let out a musical laugh, holding her stomach.

"Yes, our mothers are quite the characters, aren't they." She smiled, shoving him softly, receiving a light and playful shove back.

Their little game soon turned into a shoving contest, to see who could shove the hardest, but Alexander was being a pansy and barely moving Catrin. She shoved him hard, making him take a few steps before he shoved her back softly. She stumbled very slightly, suddenly twisting her ankle in her heels. She grabbed Alexander's cuff on his suit, screaming as she fell to the ground, pulling Alexander down beside her. She glanced over at him, suddenly bursting into laughter. How could she not? He was so much... fun.
George Bernard Shaw

here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a treee called life; which grows higher than the soul can home or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
— e.e. cummings