Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun May 03, 2009 5:06 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

CHARACTERS:

Rhiannon and Luke

SUMMARY:

it's like a spin off of Twilight (I think) EXCEPT the girl (Rhiannon) is going to be from a uberly military family and the guy (Luke) is going to be a shapeshifter who is there just for kicks. anyway, the girl is going to fall in love with him obsessively and stalk him and the shapeshifter is going to be clueless.

IT'LL BE AWESOME.

And it's by Areida and myself.

So ha! Let the procrastination and bad writing commence! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun May 03, 2009 5:16 am
View Likes
Areida says...

Also Areida does not endorse or condone Twilight and was coerced into this project.

Just as a side note there.

XD
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun May 03, 2009 6:53 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Psh, you know you want it. :P

And! Now to write really crappy stories, since y'know how much practice we've had... XD

Also, feel free to do whatever you want with your character. She is, you know, your character. :P

*Luke*

Actually, you may not believe it, but my life is pretty boring. Not boring in the whole, "I hate my life because it sucks and it's constantly boring" way, mind you. I don't hate my life, nor do I think it sucks, though it is admittedly boring. Let's look at a typical day:

I wake up fifty minutes after the alarm clock rings, I shower, I brush my teeth, I floss, I dress, I run for the bus without breakfast, I miss the bus, I walk to school, I arrive late, I get yelled at by the teachers, I miss the first class because the teachers are too busy yelling at me to actually teach, I miss another class because of detention, I sleep during the rest of the classes just because, I sleep through the ending school bell, and then I fly home and spend the rest of the day avoiding homework by catching tennis balls in the park.

... did I mention I was a shapeshifter?

Still, like I said, it's a relatively boring life. Yes, I'm a shapeshifter. Yes, I occasionally turn into Freddy, the loose, unofficial neighborhood dog so I can have an occasional dog biscuit and ear rub. Yes, I will turn into a squirrel, just because it's fun to chase the other squirrels and hoard up nuts. And being a bird is always fun. But I won't actually turn into a zebra and prance around in the middle of the street, just because I can. That would be stupid. Plus, then you'll be caught. And, as a shapeshifter, you can't get caught. Ever. Otherwise, you might as well be stuck in that form forever.

My mom has stories, of course. When shapeshifters are born, they shapeshift randomly into whatever form they want sporadically. My mom says that once when I was six, I turned into an octopus, just when my parents were going to go to movies together. They didn't go.

I know... stunning conclusion. Did I mention that my life was pretty boring?

That's not to say that there is no drama in my house whatsoever. Every once and a while, usually when my report card comes out, my mom turns into a boar, which basically means that I have to flee for my life if I want to survive. And my dad, bless his heart, is quite normal and he usually gives the whole dramatic speech about how important it is to have personal integrity and initiative, his voice trying (and failing) to be louder than my mom's furious squeals.

This year, my junior year in high school, also looked to be similarly boring except that it looked like I might have to work a little bit harder to actually graduate high school. Not that it mattered too much to me--I was perfectly fine working at Ikea Furniture Store--but somehow I figured that the store might be a little less kind to a high school drop out. Which meant, of course, this time I actually had to pay attention to the class. That is, not to the actual lecture, but to the class. That way, I could figure out who was smart enough, but dumb enough to do my homework for me.

Fortunately, I'm always cool about those sorts of things. I just know people in all their complexities, what can I say? There was Josh... he was the idiot. And then James was the way-too-smart one. And then Tiff. She was obviously the slut. And so on and so forth.

And then there was that girl who kept raising her hand. She was annoying. Her name was Rhiannon. But she was smart. And she was a girl, which meant that, if I talked to her, she would probably be too busy concentrating on how big my triceps flexed than how I was leeching off her answers.

Interesting...

After class, I bumped into her and spilled out all her books from her arms. While bending over to pick them up, I flashed a winning smile at her. "So, what are you doing this afternoon?" I said.

Your turn. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri May 08, 2009 12:37 am
View Likes
Areida says...

*Rhia*

My dad's promotion ceremony was last week. All in all, I'd say it went pretty well. The only thing I really don't like about going to Dad's Army stuff is when all his classmates from West Point harass me about whether or not I'm going to follow in his footsteps and join the Long Grey Line.

"Quality education," one tells me.

"No finer institution in the world," another will add.

"I agree, sir," I always tell them. Then they ask me how far I am in the admissions process and I find some way to excuse myself because, hello? Haven't applied? Not a senior? It's kind of ridiculous, really, since they've been asking me about admissions since I was thirteen.

And there's that one kid who's in his second year at West Point, and is even worse than the old grads about trying to recruit me. I think he just wants me to apply so he could haze me when I was a plebe and he was a firstie. Sweet deal. Not.

I received a letter from the Naval Academy one morning, and spent some time deliberating whether or not I wanted to show it to my dad to mess with him, or just throw the thing away and pretend I'd never gotten it. As I was leaving class later that day, one of the guys in my class ran right into me, knocking all of my books from my arms. They smacked the ground loudly, and I flinched.

He was oblivious. Grinning, he asked, "So, what are you doing this afternoon?"

Points for being cute. No points for making me drop my books and then making no move to help me retrieve them.

"Luke, right?"

He nodded.

"Cool. Well. Uh. First I'm going to get my books..." I was only mildly annoyed that he'd made me drop them all. It was the smile. It was too cluelessly adorable for me to think he'd done it with malicious intent.

I squatted down and picked them up. I was reaching for the last one when he seemed to realize that maybe he should help, and he squatted down beside me as I picked it up and placed it on top of the others, balancing them on my thighs and edge of my knees.

"So are you busy?" he asked.

I frowned slightly. "Why?"
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Let the wild rumpus start!
— Maurice Sendak