z

Young Writers Society

The strangers

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon May 04, 2009 12:31 am
View Likes
Threnody says...

"What do you want me to do?" He asked, desperate.

"Give us money?" I suggested to Violet.

"No, how do we know you can actually teach us anything? That you're any good?" She asked.

"I'll show you." He said, perking up at being able to display his power.

"He's so hard to empathise with." I muttered to Violet under my breath, "I don't know why, he's just sort of distant and arrogant. And plus, the fact that we've only known him for a day doesn't help."

"Watch and learn," He said, quite ego-maniacally in my opinion, "I'll show you."

We were so awesomely stubborn. I loved it.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon May 04, 2009 12:51 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

The room suddenly started raining. I trust my hands up to protect my face and the rain stopped hitting me. It was like there was an invisible bubble around me. Rain slid around me and I quickly pulled Aubin into the safety area. Brendan had done the same.

"You have the same power as me?" I asked. He nodded.

"Except, right now, I'm more powerful than you," Brendan replied. He seemed quite proud of that. I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean by 'right now'?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Once I strengthen your gifts, then you'll be more powerful than anyone. I mean, your power gets weaker everytime you're reborn. If you were born with all of the power given to you, your fragile infant body would collapse from it all. That's why I'm here. To give you what is rightfully yours. After all, how else do you expect to defeat Heston. I mean, you have to be really powerful for that. You both do." The world started spinning. This was too much. Being reborn and 'defeating' this Heston character. I couldn't take this.

"Listen Brendan. I think you need your head checked out. I have never been reborn and I am not going to battle some guy. This is all just ridiculous. I'm leaving now," I replied. The rain stopped and I released my barrier. This was starting to really creep me out. I didn't like it at all.

<Hope this is okay, Forever. If not, I'll edit>
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon May 04, 2009 1:02 am
View Likes
Threnody says...

"What now?" I asked Violet as we left. "Apparently, we don't really want to meet this Heston guy."

"Maybe we do." She replied.

"What exactly can we do then?" I asked.

"Hope for the best." She answered.

"I really don't like Brenden." I mumbled.

"You think?" She said, obviously annoyed.

*I really don't know, what did you want?*
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

54 Reviews

Mon May 04, 2009 1:07 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

< I was actually talking about the being reborn part. We really didn't talk abou that. I was going to get Heston to meet them though. I have to do homework but I'll try to post again tonight>
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

54 Reviews

Mon May 04, 2009 9:40 pm
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

I started to walk home. I didn't care if we stopped by my house or Aubin's, I just wanted to get out of here.

"Hello girls," someone said from around the corner. I spun around quickly. A boy with dark hair that hung into violet looking eyes, stood behind us. I stepped foward.

"Heston," I hissed. "I've had enough of yours and Brendan's games." He looked completely surprised.

"Listen, Violet," Heston said, sadly. "I've known Brendan basically my whole life. He hates me. It's been a long battle. Anyway, I wouldn't listen to him. He's greedy and power-hungry. I've only come to warn you," Heston said, shrugging.

"That's all you want?" I asked. He nodded.

"Violet, I think he's lying...I can't read his aura. It's like he's blocking it," Aubin said. I bit my lip.

"Well, we've listened to your peice...so just leave us alone," I responded. Heston gazed at me sadly.

"Your freind thinks I'm lying. That's okay. I just want you to be safe. Your very special Violet. I would hate to see you or Aubin get hurt," he said. Heston reached towards me and laid a hand on my cheek. I jerked away.

"Let's just get out of here," I said to Aubin. I ran behind her, manuvering our way through the crowds, leving Heston behind us.

I cannot separate the aesthetic pleasure of seeing a butterfly and the scientific pleasure of knowing what it is.
— Vladmir Nabokov