z

Young Writers Society

Sunshine

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:57 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Daniel Moore

"You know, there's nowhere to go. We are stuck and there's nothing we can do about it until we reach some sort of civilization. So get used to it." I said.

I must admit I could be rather frank, but what I really had was "radical honesty", nicknamed by my friends back home. I missed them as the thought came up. Jerry, Randal, good ol' Sammy boy must have been missing me, too, but for all they knew I was dead and long gone. It pained me to think that way, but it was true. I was a missing man, lost with an ex girlfriend. We could be lost out here forever, but I tried my hardest not to think about that. I was already living in my own personal hell.

"I will not get used to it, Danny." she said stubbornly. God, she was driving me insane. How could I survive another day with this woman? She was always positive. Too positive for my liking.

"We are going to be fine." she told me reassuringly after she glanced at me. I almost snapped at her, but instead tried my best to keep my temper in check.

The scene before us was barren and seemed endless. Hopeless. How could someone be so optimistic in a place like this?
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:43 am
View Likes
October Girl says...

Francesca

OK, so far from the optimism I figured if I ever ran out, I was going to strangle him! He always had to see the down side, gosh behind his back I named him Mr.Brightside which was sarcasim if all the idiots around me didn't get it.

"Look, I know your probably irrated and if it weren't for me you'd still be at the hotel room playing PS2 smelling like a sewer rat and eating moldy pizza." I couldn't help but smile, knowing it would piss him off BIG TIME.

"You know Frannie, I would have probably enjoyed it too." he said smiling back.

"Well, just remember who forgot to check the oil." I patted his shoulder.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

146 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:19 pm

I was going to end up killing her. If we were going to die, I would gladly roast her alive before I croaked.

"You know, we're in for a very long hike, so I suggest you shut your mouth before I shut it for you." I said between clenched teeth. This woman had a knack for annoying the hell out of me and did a wonderful job at it.

As my stomach started to audibly grumble a loud moan, she piped up. I knew she was trying to test me,

"Why don't we just grab a bite to eat? Oh right, because someone forgot to stop at a gas station and fix up your car. But that's okay, because I'm sure we'll find something soon." she said the last sentence confidently. I was so close to snapping that she finally became quiet. She knew that she had gone too far.
Got YWS?

203 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:29 pm
View Likes
October Girl says...

Alright so I took to tortuing Danny it was just alot of fun. Well If it had been my fault about the car he wouldn't have shut up about it, like arouind this time last year we went swimming with some friends, and my bikini top was too loose and when I got out of the water it was gone, Danny didn't shut his face about it the ENTIRE way home. I crossed my arms and kept a smile on my face.

"Wipe that stupid smile off your face." Danny growled, the sun light was really getting to him.

I put my hands on my hips and stopped walking, he got about five steps and stopped to look back.

"What?" he asked, irrated.

"You don't have to act like a complete asshol you know." I said.

"I am NOT being an asshole, your being a perky bitch." he growled.

I rolled my eyes. "Puhh leeease. I'm sorry for trying to be a little hopeful."
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

146 Reviews

Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:04 pm
View Likes

Daniel

"We don't need hope- we need a miracle." I muttered to myself. I felt my skin starting to get burned again from the unrelenting rays. My flesh had been seared and raw from yesterday's hike, and had started peeling and flaking, but there was nothing I could do. The sun was high now and had come to torture me.

Francesca had worn clothes as if she knew we would be lost out here. She wore a cap that protected her face from the sun and light clothes that were sturdy enough for walking long distances, but not enough for her to break a sweat while doing so. It wasn't fair.

To top it off she always had a bunch of diet granola bars on her. Not that she needed them. She was fit and always carried them around in case she got hungry. She was saving them and taunting me with them every now and then. I went to go look for food and scavenged for it while she used her dainty fingers to open the wrapper and eat the delicious granola bar. My mouth watered when I watched her, but I decided to be the man and get food on my own terms.

When those precious granola bars ran out, she'd have no choice but to get food the old-fashioned way.
Got YWS?

203 Reviews

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:45 pm
View Likes
October Girl says...

Francesca

I had no idea what he wanted from me! If he ever wanted a damn power bar all he had to do was ask. We walked on, it seemed like it was NEVER going to end. I had sand in my shoe, I had a hand cramp and the last thing I was on a trip with my ex and mopy boyfriend. I was so done talking to this guy.

"Did it say how far the next town was?" I asked, wiping my hands on my shorts.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

146 Reviews

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:17 am
View Likes

"What?" I asked in a daze. She had interrupted the silence and my thoughts... or rather schemes.

"Did that sign say how far the next town was?" she repeated herself a little louder, as if I was deaf. As if I couldn't hear that irritating voice.

"Dunno," I said in a bored, dead monotone just to piss her off. It was working pretty well. She let out a noisy breath before replying.
Got YWS?

203 Reviews

Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:48 pm
View Likes
October Girl says...

UGH!!! I was going to throw him on the floor and stuff my foot down his throat!

"Look, if we're EVER going to get out of this we have to work together, got it?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"Alright, well we'd better get going don't ya think? Because I dunno about you but I don't want to spend the night out here." I said and walked forward not waiting for him to catch up.

2 hours later...

It was completely dark, I'd tripped over my own feet at LEAST twice. And we were now offically out of water. Every five minutes, it seemed like we had to stop because SOMEONE had to take a damn piss. I'd run out oof power bars and I was starting to get low on my fuel. When I saw lights... Like CITY LIGHTS!!!!

"I'll be damned." I smiled, it was a whisper. Then I used my outdoor voice. "Danny, look!"
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

146 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:20 am
View Likes

"What?" I asked, startled by her sudden outburst. I had just started getting used to the dead silence. She had to go and ruin that for me.

"Lights!" she screeched in an excited voice. I squinted into the darkness and tried to see what she was talking about. What was she talking about?

"I don't see anything." I told her. She sighed, clearly in exasperated of my incompetence. Maybe she had started hallucinating, which was never a good sign. I had once learned the hard way that it was necessary to run from crazy.

"Over there," she took my arm and led me towards where she had been standing. She pointed off towards the distance. "See?"

At first I only saw a dark, barren wasteland, but then I finally saw something glowing. It was white.

"I see it! I see it!" And then we both broke into a run.
Got YWS?

203 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:49 pm
View Likes
October Girl says...

We got closer and closer and saw that there were more lights and started hearing cars pass by, or whatever they used out here. I never thought I'd actually want one, a really cold shower, but being out her it changed my perspective about showers. Imagine the people who died. Danny and I were considered lucky... No, I take that back I had to be with Danny, that's not lucky thats punishment.

"Finally!" I shouted.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

146 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:30 pm
View Likes

"I'm starving!" I exclaimed. "Let's go get a burger.". Francesca rolled her eyes before following me off into the small town. There really wasn't much here, but I was just happy we wouldn't have to sleep in the dirt tonight. It was as close to civilization as we were going to get.

"There was one fast food joint, which was Burger King. I would take that and be happy, but I could see Francesca was a bit disgusted.

"You got any better ideas on food?" I asked. She crossed her arms across her chest.

"Well I'm desperately trying to think of one."
Got YWS?

203 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:08 pm
View Likes
October Girl says...

HE KNEW! HE KNEW I COULDN'T EAT MEAT!!! And he was doing it on purpose.

"What's the problem?" he asked, ok maybe he forgot.

"You know I don't eat anything that has a face." I crossed my arms, about to start crying, well no not really crying. But tearing up, I looked away to keep from crying.

"Riiight." he said rolling his eyes. "Look, Franny I'm sorry but your just going to have to order fries and suck on them." he said, and then patted my shoulder. I swatted his hand away.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

fun fact i hear my evil twin once wrote a story about a hacker who used the name fyshi33k bc there are 33k-ish species of fish and she liked phishing so fyshi-33k made sense but then she got super embarrassed when someone forced her to explain
— VyperShadow